JOHN 1:1 who is the WORD?

Viewing 20 posts - 8,201 through 8,220 (of 25,909 total)
  • Author
    Ed J
    Participant

Quote (jammin @ June 20 2012,20:56)
    i believe that the WORD in john 1.1 is Christ, the son of GOD!

Hi Jammin,

Just because you believe something, doesn't make it correct.
    And atheists believe God (according to them) doesn't exist.         …SO?

God bless
    Ed J (Joshua 22:34)
    http://www.holycitybiblecode.org

jammin
    Participant

that is what the bible says.

so make your own version so that you can support your illusion LOL

Ed J
    Participant

Quote (jammin @ June 20 2012,22:07)
    that is what the bible says.

so make your  own version so that you can support your illusion LOL

Hi Jammin,

The bible doesn't say “The Angel of the LORD”(?) is God; you do.

God bless

jammin
    Participant

the bible says that.

what if i can read that to you, will you accept that you are really a false teacher? yes or no?

Ed J
    Participant

Quote (jammin @ June 20 2012,23:50)
    the bible says that.

what if i can read that to you, will you accept that you are really a false teacher? yes or no?

Hi Jammin,

That you cannot do; so your question is moot!
    Doctored versions mean nothing, don't kid yourself.

God bless

jammin
    Participant

bible scholars agree that the angel of GOD is GOD himself.
    not the father but the son

commentaries also agree to that. the bible also says that.

false teachers like you do not agree bec you want your opinion to be accepted by men.

sorry boy, but the bible is very clear about that

study hard. and make your own version LOL :D :D

Devolution
    Participant

Quote (mikeboll64 @ June 16 2012,09:27)

Quote (journey42 @ June 15 2012,08:41)
    If we correct one, we do it in love, not with conceit or harsh words.  We don't want to knock our brothers over, but build them up. Nor do we stalk them. If we have tried to explain and there is no positive outcome, then arguing back and forth does not profit.  It looks silly and childish, and does not benefit anyone.  So there is a spirit of truth out there, and Christ will use, whosoever he chooses to help nudge the lost away from false teachings. Modern day apostles, who have no church, or books to protect, just the truth and a hunger to share this wonderful kingdom thats coming with others.  

I do not see much brotherly love here, and this lack of love and pride is what is blocking most from receiving the holy spirit.  It's as simple as that.  Pray everyone for your pride to be taken away.  Really pray, because you will not enter the kingdom of heaven until you get this poison out of you, and I will be on guard for my own soul too.

I recognize myself as being described by your words, journey.  It stings, but I humbly accept your rebuke and will pray for myself as instructed.

I like your humility Mike…
    I too need to examine myself because sometimes the spirit of love gets pushed aside by the spirit of frustration, and from there anger/pride etc sometimes swells up in me causing me to say the wrong things, and later when i reflect on my words….regret stings me!

Thanks J42, we all need remember how important love is!

Cheers.

journey42
    Participant

Quote (Devolution @ June 21 2012,00:45)

If we correct one, we do it in love, not with conceit or harsh words.  We don't want to knock our brothers over, but build them up. Nor do we stalk them. If we have tried to explain and there is no positive outcome, then arguing back and forth does not profit.  It looks silly and childish, and does not benefit anyone.  So there is a spirit of truth out there, and Christ will use, whosoever he chooses to help nudge the lost away from false teachings. Modern day apostles, who have no church, or books to protect, just the truth and a hunger to share this wonderful kingdom thats coming with others.  

I do not see much brotherly love here, and this lack of love and pride is what is blocking most from receiving the holy spirit.  It's as simple as that.  Pray everyone for your pride to be taken away.  Really pray, because you will not enter the kingdom of heaven until you get this poison out of you, and I will be on guard for my own soul too.

I recognize myself as being described by your words, journey.  It stings, but I humbly accept your rebuke and will pray for myself as instructed.

I too need to examine myself because sometimes the spirit of love gets pushed aside by the spirit of frustration, and from there anger/pride etc sometimes swells up in me causing me to say the wrong things, and later when i reflect on my words….regret stings me!

Cheers.

Thanks for bringing this post up Devo.  I couldn't find it to answer Mike.

Mike
    Your example is what God expects from us, for he resists the proud and gives grace to the humble.  We are all competing in the race, and to be in the race, we need that main ingredient called love.  Pure love, which comes from God, for without it we would be disqualified and it would be a shame for any of us to miss out.
    God bless

Pierre
    I know many have masks on, and we should just be ourselves, It's hard not knowing who's who on the internet, but what comes out of a mans mouth will reveal him over time.
    God bless

To all
    This applies to me as well, for I sometimes stumble too.

Ed J
    Participant

Quote (jammin @ June 21 2012,00:12)
    bible scholars agree that the angel of GOD is GOD himself.
    not the father but the son

commentaries also agree to that. the bible also says that.

false teachers like you do not agree bec you want your opinion to be accepted by men.

sorry boy, but the bible is very clear about that

study hard. and make your own version LOL :D :D

Hi Jammin:  (Link)

Three big logic fallacies that I see presented here:

1. Opinions: opinions are presented as evidence.
    2. Scenarios: scenarios are presented as proof.
    3. Consensus: consensus is seen as conformation.

God bless

Ed J
    Participant

Quote (Devolution @ June 21 2012,00:45)

Cheers.

Hi Georgie and Devolution,

I hope you are both referring to (this thread here).

Your brother
    in Christ, Jesus.
    holycitybiblecode.org

Samuel
    Participant

I can see how this scripture could lead one to believe in the Oneness Religion.

One GOD.

All I know is you lose all your faith, when you were growing up all you had hammered in your head was the Trinity Belief, and then go to a church that tells you, “Your wrong, Your serving three GODS”.

You “Foundation” pretty much gets washed out from underneath you. And, you have to start all over. I mean, you can't just “Hop over to another religion” and “Convert”. At least, it was a very confusing experience for me.

And, as it is written GOD is not the author of confusion. So, I don't know what happened.

I guess I should have just converted, and been done with it. Maybe I'd of stayed in church. I am a firm believer that you NEED to go to church. I mean how are you going to let “This little light of mine, shine?” if you just stay at home, and/or don't go out talking to other people in the world?

I am horrible with people, absolutely 100% horrible. But, when I have the spirit of GOD in me, and working through me. It does a lot better job then I ever could.

terraricca
    Participant

Quote (Samuel @ June 21 2012,11:38)
    I can see how this scripture could lead one to believe in the Oneness Religion.

One GOD.

All I know is you lose all your faith, when you were growing up all you had hammered in your head was the Trinity Belief, and then go to a church that tells you, “Your wrong, Your serving three GODS”.  

You “Foundation” pretty much gets washed out from underneath you.   And, you have to start all over.  I mean, you can't just “Hop over to another religion” and “Convert”.  At least, it was a very confusing experience for me.

And, as it is written GOD is not the author of confusion.  So, I don't know what happened.  

I guess I should have just converted, and been done with it.  Maybe I'd of stayed in church.  I am a firm believer that you NEED to go to church.   I mean how are you going to let “This little light of mine, shine?”  if you just stay at home, and/or don't go out talking to other people in the world?

I am horrible with people, absolutely 100% horrible.  But, when I have the spirit of GOD in me, and working through me.  It does a lot better job then I ever could.

Samuel

It seems to me that you are not working ???

If you do then you world his the people you meet,and it would start by showing the fruit of your faith in God ,and later you can talk about it ,but learning from the scriptures is the right thing to do ,NOT religion ,religion is shewing the knowledge before given it to you ,and it may not be as it is in the scriptures,your live is with God ,your walk is in Christ ,so let it been seen by men ,

Samuel
    Participant

Religion can destroy a person.  
    I can testify to that.
    From experience.

Actually, I am now working again, I have 2 different part time jobs.

Plus, I'm supposed to be getting my retirement soon as well.

I got medically discharged for being Bi-Polar, PTSD, Panic Attacks, Anxiety Attacks, Gout, High Blood Pressure.

When I was younger they said I was ADHD/OCD

So, yeah I have some stuff I need to work with.

Frank4YAHWEH
    Participant

Quote (mikeboll64 @ June 20 2012,13:20)

Quote (Frank4YAHWEH @ June 19 2012,20:15)
    And BTW, your “God of Luck” has nothing to do with Father Yahweh or His son Yahshua the Messiah that He promised to sent in this last time period. Again as always, you have been owned!

No Frank,

It is YOUR Jesus who was “lucky”.  Mine made a great sacrifice.  Yours won the best lottery ever imaginable.

Mike,

I'm not the one who hired a Latino immigrant to be my Messiah, you did! :D

NickHassan
    Participant

Hi Jammin,
    Now bible scholars are your teachers?

Frank4YAHWEH
    Participant

Quote (Nick Hassan @ June 21 2012,07:19)
    Hi Jammin,
    Now bible scholars are your teachers?

There is certainly nothing wrong with having a scholar as a teacher! ???

Scholar Defined:

1. a learned or erudite person, especially one who has profound knowledge of a particular subject.
    2. a student; pupil.

World English Dictionary:

1. a learned person
    SOURCE

If one has something against scholars, they might as well throw all of the translations that they own of Father Yahweh's inspired prophetic word into a trash can, since translations are most certainly done by scholars! ???

As my own personal side note, the word 'disciple' (Hebrew: 'talmid' which LITERALLY means 'student') means 'student'. Would this mean that one should not have one of Yahshua's disciples (students) as a teacher? Most certainly not! In fact, Yahshua himself was a disciple (student) of his and our Father Yahweh, since he LEARNED obedience (cf. Hebrews 5:8 & Yahchanan [John] 7:14-24). Would this mean that we should not listen to Yahshua and have him as a teacher? Most certainly not!  ???

NickHassan
    Participant

Hi Frank,
    Scholars cannot save.
    Seek the Teacher

NickHassan
    Participant

Hi,
    If any man is useful to God it is because of the grace of God.
    Men love glory but it does not belong to them.

Frank4YAHWEH
    Participant

Quote (Nick Hassan @ June 21 2012,08:43)
    Hi Frank,
    Scholars cannot save.
    Seek the Teacher

Nick,

Nothing was said about redemption. One certainly needs a righteous [proper] teacher and to be a righteous [proper] student of that righteous [proper] teacher. One learns about being redeemed from disobedience [“sin”] and death from Father Yahweh and from His son Yahshua who are our righteous (proper) teachers. In fact, Yahshua himself was also redeemed by Father Yahweh.

My people are destroyed for lack of knowledge; because you have rejected knowledge, I reject you from being a priest to Me. And since you have forgotten the instruction [torah] of your Mighty One, I also will forget your children (Hosyah [Hosea] 4:6).

It is quite obvious that you are lacking in righteous knowledge!

NickHassan
    Participant

Hi Frank,
    Unless the Lord builds the house the workers labour in vain.
    The Spirit can teach anyone reborn from above[1Jn2]
    Men are only helpful in directing to that source.

Call no man 'rabbi'.

The world is full of men who think they are inspired teachers.

Viewing 20 posts - 8,201 through 8,220 (of 25,909 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

© 1999 - 2024 Heaven Net

Navigation

© 1999 - 2023 - Heaven Net
or

or    

Forgot your details?

or

Create Account