JOHN 1:1 who is the WORD?

Viewing 20 posts - 8,001 through 8,020 (of 25,908 total)
  • Author
    NickHassan
    Participant

Hi 94,
    I do not think that is the scriptural meaning of MORPHE.
    Take you eyes off the man and focus on the work of the Spirit in him.

journey42
    Participant

Quote (Ed J @ June 15 2012,06:17)

Quote (journey42 @ June 15 2012,00:29)
    Hi Edj

The holy spirit is not handed out to anybody.  

Hi Georgie,  (John 1:12-13 )

even to them that believe on his name: Which were born, not of blood,
    nor of the will of the flesh, nor of the will of man, but of God.”

God bless
    Ed J (Joshua 22:34)
    http://www.holycitybiblecode.org

Hi Edj

“But as many as received him, to them gave he power to become the sons of God,

Matthew 7:14   Because strait is the gate, and narrow is the way, which leadeth unto life, and few there be that find it.

Matthew 22:14   For many are called, but few are chosen.

John 10:27   My sheep hear my voice, and I know them, and they follow me:

journey42
    Participant

But they rebelled, and vexed
                  his HolySpirit therefore he
            was turned to be their enemy,
                  and he fought against them.

This is referring to the Israelites.  They rebelled against the truth, fully knowing the Lord their God delivered them out of bondage in the days of Moses, God also declared himself to them, with all the miracles and wonders he performed in front of their ancestors which was recorded, and went down in history. All of them knew about their God, the true God, and they knew better than to worship other Gods.  They are without excuse.

The Israelites rebelled and vexed HIS HOLY SPIRIT.  This does not say that God is the Holy spirit, but proves God has the holy spirit.  Spirit of Truth.  This belongs to him. He owns it. It comes out of him.  They rebelled against the spirit of truth which is the same as rebelling against God.

journey42
    Participant

Quote (kerwin @ June 15 2012,10:01)

Quote (journey42 @ June 14 2012,15:25)

Hi Edj

What your saying is that the Word is the holy spirit.  This is error and so wrong to teach.
    The holy spirit is in the Word

Here is an example I heard someone say,
    The sugar is in the coffee, but the sugar is not the coffee.  We say, I am drinking coffee, but never say I am drinking sugar, although the sugar is in it.

Journey,

You ere as I have heard a person be accused of drinking sugar; instead of coffee; to emphasize the role that sugar plays. I believe it always was in regards to heavy concentration of sugar.

Hi

Where I am from we do not say he is drinking sugar.  We say he is drinking coffee with sugar!

We are seeking God through the holy spirit.
    Some are seeking God through another spirit.  The spirit of the antichrist, which is out there and dwells with many believers.  This spirit is cunning and very crafty, it will twist the truth to make us believe a lie. This spirit is not of Christ's flock, but a different flock, although it pretends to be of the same flock.

Where there is division, and where there is confusion, ridicule and hate, this spirit is there.  We can tell by what comes out of a man's mouth what spirit he has in him.  There are some that are seeking that do not know the full truth, but if they are of Christ's flock they will hear it, because the sheep hear his voice, and they will increase with learning and knowledge.  But there are some that contradict nearly the whole word of God, and take leadership, and authority upon themselves because they are puffed up and full of vanity and pride.  This should not be so, because we always increase in learning, and sometimes have to go back over things.

The Lord started with his 12 apostles, and they ordained their own apostles, and those ones had their own too and so forth.  We only know of the ones mentioned, but Christ warned us of this spirit of antichrist that has come into the churches and to be beware, but we have the word now in print, and we use this as a reference as it's our main source of information, and we can compare what comes out of a man's mouth whether he has been feeding on the truth, or some other flesh.  If we correct one, we do it in love, not with conceit or harsh words.  We don't want to knock our brothers over, but build them up. Nor do we stalk them. If we have tried to explain and there is no positive outcome, then arguing back and forth does not profit.  It looks silly and childish, and does not benefit anyone.  So there is a spirit of truth out there, and Christ will use, whosoever he chooses to help nudge the lost away from false teachings. Modern day apostles, who have no church, or books to protect, just the truth and a hunger to share this wonderful kingdom thats coming with others.  

I do not see much brotherly love here, and this lack of love and pride is what is blocking most from receiving the holy spirit.  It's as simple as that.  Pray everyone for your pride to be taken away.  Really pray, because you will not enter the kingdom of heaven until you get this poison out of you, and I will be on guard for my own soul too.

terraricca
    Participant

J42

I do not see much brotherly love here, and this lack of love and pride is what is blocking most from receiving the holy spirit. It's as simple as that. Pray everyone for your pride to be taken away. Really pray, because you will not enter the kingdom of heaven until you get this poison out of you, and I will be on guard for my own soul too.

the internet is like a MASK BALL GATHERING ,AND ONLY THOSE WITH NO MASKS ON CAN BE SEEN AND SO SHARE TRUTH AND THE LOVE FOR IT

Frank4YAHWEH
    Participant

To my brothers and sisters of like precious belief,

I found a great printable tract at:

DID JESUS THINK HE WAS GOD?

This tract can be folded in thirds. I made 50 copies of it and plan to distribute them here in Richmond, Indiana where I presently reside.

NickHassan
    Participant

Hi J,
    This is not an assembly of the saved but a worldly discussion group seasoned by the Spirit in a few.
    It offers some suggestions to the intellectuals here but most fall on deaf ears.
    Not to be taken too seriously as you can see.

mikeboll64
    Blocked

Quote (Ed J @ June 14 2012,21:22)

Quote (mikeboll64 @ June 15 2012,10:45)

Quote (Ed J @ June 14 2012,13:43)
    “If the Spirit of him that raised up Jesus from the dead dwell
    in you………………..

Ed,

Who or what is “the Spirit of him that raised up Jesus”?

And who or what is the “him” to whom that Spirit belongs?

Hi Mike,

That would be the Father's spirit, called the “HolySpirit”.

God bless
    Ed J

So then the Father is not His own Spirit, right?

NickHassan
    Participant

Hi MB,
    Are you your finger?

mikeboll64
    Blocked

Quote (942767 @ June 14 2012,21:52)
    No, Nick: He was in the form of God, in his ministry on earth. He had been given the authority as God's Christ to forgive sins, but he did not let his position as God's Christ to go to his head, but he humbled himself and became obedient to God, even unto death on the cross.

Hi Marty,

So at which point in Jesus' ministry did he empty himself of his authority to forgive sins on earth and become made in the likeness of a human being?

mikeboll64
    Blocked

Quote (journey42 @ June 15 2012,08:41)
    If we correct one, we do it in love, not with conceit or harsh words. We don't want to knock our brothers over, but build them up. Nor do we stalk them. If we have tried to explain and there is no positive outcome, then arguing back and forth does not profit. It looks silly and childish, and does not benefit anyone. So there is a spirit of truth out there, and Christ will use, whosoever he chooses to help nudge the lost away from false teachings. Modern day apostles, who have no church, or books to protect, just the truth and a hunger to share this wonderful kingdom thats coming with others.

I do not see much brotherly love here, and this lack of love and pride is what is blocking most from receiving the holy spirit. It's as simple as that. Pray everyone for your pride to be taken away. Really pray, because you will not enter the kingdom of heaven until you get this poison out of you, and I will be on guard for my own soul too.

I recognize myself as being described by your words, journey. It stings, but I humbly accept your rebuke and will pray for myself as instructed.

mikeboll64
    Blocked

Quote (Frank4YAHWEH @ June 15 2012,13:40)
    I found a great printable tract at:

DID JESUS THINK HE WAS GOD?

It is indeed a well put together, scripturally supported tract.

Ed J
    Participant

Quote (mikeboll64 @ June 16 2012,09:11)

in you………………..

Ed,

Hi Mike,

God bless
    Ed J

Hi Mike,

Yes of course he is, why do you ask?

God bless

mikeboll64
    Blocked

Quote (Ed J @ June 15 2012,17:00)

in you………………..

Ed,

Hi Mike,

Hi Mike,

Because that understanding doesn't seem to match the scripture you quoted, Ed.

1.  WHO raised Jesus from the dead?

2.  WHO or WHAT is “the Spirit OF Him who raised Jesus from the dead”?

If the answer to both is “God”, then Paul was talking about the “God OF God” dwelling within believers. Does the “God OF God” dwell within you, Ed?

mikeboll64
    Blocked

Quote (Nick Hassan @ June 15 2012,16:15)
    Hi MB,
    Are you your finger?

Of course not, Nick. Are you?

Ed J
    Participant

Quote (mikeboll64 @ June 16 2012,10:22)

Quote (Ed J @ June 15 2012,17:00)

in you………………..

Ed,

Hi Mike,

Hi Mike,

Because that understanding doesn't seem to match the scripture you quoted, Ed.

1.  WHO raised Jesus from the dead?

2.  WHO or WHAT is “the Spirit OF Him who raised Jesus from the dead”?

3. If the answer to both is “God”, then Paul was talking about the “God OF God” dwelling within believers.  Does the “God OF God” dwell within you, Ed?

Hi Mike,

1) Gal.1:1

2) Previously answered. (see quote box above)

3) 2Cor.6:16

God bless

mikeboll64
    Blocked

Yes Ed,

I did read your correct answer “the Father's Spirit”.  But if “the Father's Spirit” IS God Himself, then Paul was speaking about the “God of God” dwelling within us.

Ed, does “the God of God” dwell within you?  YES or NO?

Btw, the correct answer to #1 is “God” – meaning, “God Himself”.

The correct answer to # 2 is “the Spirit OF God” – meaning “NOT God Himself, but His Spirit”.

Ed J
    Participant

Quote (mikeboll64 @ June 16 2012,10:39)
    Yes Ed,

I did read your correct answer “the Father's Spirit”.  But if “the Father's Spirit” IS God Himself, then Paul was speaking about the “God of God” dwelling within us.

Ed, does “the God of God” dwell within you?  YES or NO?

Hi Mike,

Yes, does he not dwell in you?

God bless

mikeboll64
    Blocked

No Ed.

My God doesn't have a God of His own.

Ed J
    Participant

Hi Mike,

That doesn't seem to be an answer to your question?

God bless

Viewing 20 posts - 8,001 through 8,020 (of 25,908 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

© 1999 - 2024 Heaven Net

Navigation

© 1999 - 2023 - Heaven Net
or

or    

Forgot your details?

or

Create Account