JOHN 1:1 who is the WORD?

Viewing 20 posts - 7,861 through 7,880 (of 25,907 total)
  • Author
    Ed J
    Participant

Quote (t8 @ June 12 2012,22:04)
    Nick, the Word was not THE God.

Hi T8, opinions are NOT EVIDENCE. Scripture please?

Three big logic fallacies that I see presented here:

1. Opinions: opinions are presented as evidence.
    2. Scenarios: scenarios are presented as proof.
    3. Consensus: consensus is seen as conformation

God bless
    Ed J (Joshua 22:34)
    http://www.holycitybiblecode.org

NickHassan
    Participant

Hi T8,
    Is the Spirit of God truly God?[acts 5]or is the Spirit of God less than God?

Frank4YAHWEH
    Participant

Quote (terraricca @ June 12 2012,14:06)

Quote (Frank4YAHWEH @ June 12 2012,20:44)

Quote (Frank4YAHWEH @ June 12 2012,13:31)

Quote (Nick Hassan @ June 12 2012,13:28)
    Hi Frank,
    So long as we know you are above scripture we can understand you better.

Nick,

I have never proclaimed to be “above Scripture”, but you are most certainly below me with your snide remarks!  :D

The magician who can walk on water: Dynamo crosses the River Thames on foot – without using a bridge
    By Gavin Allen
    UPDATED: 14:50 EST, 30 June 2011

f

Biblical epic: Magician Dynamo poses while standing in the middle of the River Thames where he performed an ILLUSION in which he appeared to walk on water

Read more: http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news….XpReukp

Pieear,

That is what magicians do, ILLUSIONS! :D

NickHassan
    Participant

Hi Frank,
    But the Word is truth.

Frank4YAHWEH
    Participant

Quote (mikeboll64 @ June 12 2012,13:59)

Quote (Frank4YAHWEH @ June 11 2012,20:26)
    Mike,

You seem to forget that I myself do not believe Yahshua is LITERALLY Father Yahweh's word. Yahshua's title is called “The Word of Yahweh”, since Yahweh's word proceeds from his mouth……………

I don't believe Jesus was LITERALLY a spoken word(s) from Yahweh either, Frank.  It seems we both agree that Jesus has the title “the Word of God”.  It's just that I think it is Jesus being called by that title in John 1:1 and 1:14, and you don't.

(Btw, I'm right and your wrong.  :)  )

Mike,

So, now you do not believe that Yahshua LITERALLY pre-existed his birth in the beginning as Father Yahweh's word or are you saying that you never did believe such foolishness? :D

Frank4YAHWEH
    Participant

Quote (Nick Hassan @ June 13 2012,09:32)
    Hi Frank,
    But the Word is truth.

Nick,

What a profound revelation! And I had always believed that Father Yahweh's word was an absolute lie! Please do go on with these profound revelations of yours! I just can't get enough of them! :D

NickHassan
    Participant

Hi Frank,
    You think scripture was incorrect and the magicians did not do what scripture says they did?

Frank4YAHWEH
    Participant

Quote (Nick Hassan @ June 13 2012,09:43)
    Hi Frank,
    You think scripture was incorrect and the magicians did not do what scripture says they did?

Nick,

Surely you have never heard me say that! What I believe is that you are incorrect and that you do not know what magicians do! :D

NickHassan
    Participant

Hi Frank,
    So please tell us what happened.

NickHassan
    Participant

Hi Frank,
    Ex 7
    ' When Pharaoh shall speak unto you, saying, Shew a miracle for you: then thou shalt say unto Aaron, Take thy rod, and cast it before Pharaoh, and it shall become a serpent.

10 And Moses and Aaron went in unto Pharaoh, and they did so as the Lord had commanded: and Aaron cast down his rod before Pharaoh, and before his servants, and it became a serpent.

11 Then Pharaoh also called the wise men and the sorcerers: now the magicians of Egypt, they also did in like manner with their enchantments.

12 For they cast down every man his rod, and they became serpents: but Aaron's rod swallowed up their rods.

13 And he hardened Pharaoh's heart, that he hearkened not unto them; as the Lord had said.

14 And the Lord said unto Moses, Pharaoh's heart is hardened, he refuseth to let the people go.

15 Get thee unto Pharaoh in the morning; lo, he goeth out unto the water; and thou shalt stand by the river's brink against he come; and the rod which was turned to a serpent shalt thou take in thine hand.

16 And thou shalt say unto him, The Lord God of the Hebrews hath sent me unto thee, saying, Let my people go, that they may serve me in the wilderness: and, behold, hitherto thou wouldest not hear.

17 Thus saith the Lord, In this thou shalt know that I am the Lord: behold, I will smite with the rod that is in mine hand upon the waters which are in the river, and they shall be turned to blood.

18 And the fish that is in the river shall die, and the river shall stink; and the Egyptians shall lothe to drink of the water of the river.

19 And the Lord spake unto Moses, Say unto Aaron, Take thy rod, and stretch out thine hand upon the waters of Egypt, upon their streams, upon their rivers, and upon their ponds, and upon all their pools of water, that they may become blood; and that there may be blood throughout all the land of Egypt, both in vessels of wood, and in vessels of stone.

20 And Moses and Aaron did so, as the Lord commanded; and he lifted up the rod, and smote the waters that were in the river, in the sight of Pharaoh, and in the sight of his servants; and all the waters that were in the river were turned to blood.

21 And the fish that was in the river died; and the river stank, and the Egyptians could not drink of the water of the river; and there was blood throughout all the land of Egypt.

22 And the magicians of Egypt did so with their enchantments: and Pharaoh's heart was hardened, neither did he hearken unto them; as the Lord had said.

Frank4YAHWEH
    Participant

Quote (Nick Hassan @ June 13 2012,09:53)
    Hi Frank,
    So please tell us what happened.

Nick,

Please shut your snide remarking mouth! :D

NickHassan
    Participant

Hi Frank,
    Ex8
    8 And the Lord spake unto Moses, Go unto Pharaoh, and say unto him, Thus saith the Lord, Let my people go, that they may serve me.

2 And if thou refuse to let them go, behold, I will smite all thy borders with frogs:

3 And the river shall bring forth frogs abundantly, which shall go up and come into thine house, and into thy bedchamber, and upon thy bed, and into the house of thy servants, and upon thy people, and into thine ovens, and into thy kneadingtroughs:

4 And the frogs shall come up both on thee, and upon thy people, and upon all thy servants.

5 And the Lord spake unto Moses, Say unto Aaron, Stretch forth thine hand with thy rod over the streams, over the rivers, and over the ponds, and cause frogs to come up upon the land of Egypt.

6 And Aaron stretched out his hand over the waters of Egypt; and the frogs came up, and covered the land of Egypt.

7 And the magicians did so with their enchantments, and brought up frogs upon the land of Egypt.

8 Then Pharaoh called for Moses and Aaron, and said, Intreat the Lord, that he may take away the frogs from me, and from my people; and I will let the people go, that they may do sacrifice unto the Lord.

9 And Moses said unto Pharaoh, Glory over me: when shall I intreat for thee, and for thy servants, and for thy people, to destroy the frogs from thee and thy houses, that they may remain in the river only?

10 And he said, To morrow. And he said, Be it according to thy word: that thou mayest know that there is none like unto the Lord our God.

11 And the frogs shall depart from thee, and from thy houses, and from thy servants, and from thy people; they shall remain in the river only.

12 And Moses and Aaron went out from Pharaoh: and Moses cried unto the Lord because of the frogs which he had brought against Pharaoh.

13 And the Lord did according to the word of Moses; and the frogs died out of the houses, out of the villages, and out of the fields.

14 And they gathered them together upon heaps: and the land stank.

15 But when Pharaoh saw that there was respite, he hardened his heart, and hearkened not unto them; as the Lord had said.

16 And the Lord said unto Moses, Say unto Aaron, Stretch out thy rod, and smite the dust of the land, that it may become lice throughout all the land of Egypt.

17 And they did so; for Aaron stretched out his hand with his rod, and smote the dust of the earth, and it became lice in man, and in beast; all the dust of the land became lice throughout all the land of Egypt.

18 And the magicians did so with their enchantments to bring forth lice, but they could not: so there were lice upon man, and upon beast.

19 Then the magicians said unto Pharaoh, This is the finger of God: and Pharaoh's heart was hardened, and he hearkened not unto them; as the Lord had said.

NickHassan
    Participant

Hi Frank,
    Did these things happen or not?

mikeboll64
    Blocked

Quote (Frank4YAHWEH @ June 12 2012,16:38)
    Mike,

So, now you do not believe that Yahshua LITERALLY pre-existed his birth in the beginning as Father Yahweh's word………….

Frank,

We BOTH believe that Yahshua has the title “the Word of God”. I believe the person with the title “the Word of God” pre-existed his fleshly birth. In fact, Phil 2 explains that he was already existing in the form of God before being made into a human being.

This is the same thing John is teaching us in the first chapter of his gospel – that the one through whom God created all things, the one with the title “the Word of God”, the one who was with God Almighty in the beginning, became flesh and dwelled on earth among mankind.

Frank4YAHWEH
    Participant

Quote (Nick Hassan @ June 13 2012,09:55)
    Hi Frank,
    Ex 7
    ' When Pharaoh shall speak unto you, saying, Shew a miracle for you: then thou shalt say unto Aaron, Take thy rod, and cast it before Pharaoh, and it shall become a serpent.

10 And Moses and Aaron went in unto Pharaoh, and they did so as the Lord had commanded: and Aaron cast down his rod before Pharaoh, and before his servants, and it became a serpent.

11 Then Pharaoh also called the wise men and the sorcerers: now the magicians of Egypt, they also did in like manner with their enchantments.

12 For they cast down every man his rod, and they became serpents: but Aaron's rod swallowed up their rods.

13 And he hardened Pharaoh's heart, that he hearkened not unto them; as the Lord had said.

14 And the Lord said unto Moses, Pharaoh's heart is hardened, he refuseth to let the people go.

15 Get thee unto Pharaoh in the morning; lo, he goeth out unto the water; and thou shalt stand by the river's brink against he come; and the rod which was turned to a serpent shalt thou take in thine hand.

16 And thou shalt say unto him, The Lord God of the Hebrews hath sent me unto thee, saying, Let my people go, that they may serve me in the wilderness: and, behold, hitherto thou wouldest not hear.

17 Thus saith the Lord, In this thou shalt know that I am the Lord: behold, I will smite with the rod that is in mine hand upon the waters which are in the river, and they shall be turned to blood.

18 And the fish that is in the river shall die, and the river shall stink; and the Egyptians shall lothe to drink of the water of the river.

19 And the Lord spake unto Moses, Say unto Aaron, Take thy rod, and stretch out thine hand upon the waters of Egypt, upon their streams, upon their rivers, and upon their ponds, and upon all their pools of water, that they may become blood; and that there may be blood throughout all the land of Egypt, both in vessels of wood, and in vessels of stone.

20 And Moses and Aaron did so, as the Lord commanded; and he lifted up the rod, and smote the waters that were in the river, in the sight of Pharaoh, and in the sight of his servants; and all the waters that were in the river were turned to blood.

21 And the fish that was in the river died; and the river stank, and the Egyptians could not drink of the water of the river; and there was blood throughout all the land of Egypt.

22 And the magicians of Egypt did so with their enchantments: and Pharaoh's heart was hardened, neither did he hearken unto them; as the Lord had said.

Nick,

I have some 35+ translations of Scripture in my personal library and I have access to many more translations of the internet. I also study daily in comparing these translations, so you are being futile in your posting Scripture text void of commenting.

NickHassan
    Participant

Hi Frank,
    Do other versions cast doubt on these verses?

Frank4YAHWEH
    Participant

Quote (mikeboll64 @ June 13 2012,10:03)

Quote (Frank4YAHWEH @ June 12 2012,16:38)
    Mike,

So, now you do not believe that Yahshua LITERALLY pre-existed his birth in the beginning as Father Yahweh's word………….

Frank,

We BOTH believe that Yahshua has the title “the Word of God”.  I believe the person with the title “the Word of God” pre-existed his fleshly birth.  In fact, Phil 2 explains that he was already existing in the form of God before being made into a human being.

This is the same thing John is teaching us in the first chapter of his gospel – that the one through whom God created all things, the one with the title “the Word of God”, the one who was with God Almighty in the beginning, became flesh and dwelled on earth among mankind.

Mike,

The true fact is, Phil 2 DOES NOT explain that Yahshua “was already existing in the form of God before being made into a human being”!

The Pre-existence
    Philippians 2:5-11

By Voy Wilks
    1/29/92

Frank4YAHWEH
    Participant

Quote (Nick Hassan @ June 13 2012,10:07)
    Hi Frank,
    Do other versions cast doubt on these verses?

Nick,

Never said they did! :D

NickHassan
    Participant

Hi Frank,
    Then what relevance was there in your comment about other versions?
    Do you believe the magicians turned rods into snakes and that the snake of Moses swallowed them?

Frank4YAHWEH
    Participant

Quote (Nick Hassan @ June 13 2012,10:14)
    Hi Frank,
    Then what relevance was there in your comment about other versions?
    Do you believe the magicians turned rods into snakes and that the snake of Moses swallowed them?

Nick,

If I were to write to you and tell you that I went to see a magician at our local theater and I told you that he turned a scarf into a bouquet of flowers, would you LITERALLY believe that a magician can do this? ???

Viewing 20 posts - 7,861 through 7,880 (of 25,907 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

© 1999 - 2024 Heaven Net

Navigation

© 1999 - 2023 - Heaven Net
or

or    

Forgot your details?

or

Create Account