JOHN 1:1 who is the WORD?

Viewing 20 posts - 7,841 through 7,860 (of 25,907 total)
  • Author
    mikeboll64
    Blocked

Shall we go through my list one at a time, fellas? Or do you feel more secure hiding behing your smug comments where you don't have to actually DISCUSS my points?

Let's take #2, for instance.

All things were said to have been made through:

1. The Word (John 1:3)

2. The Son of God (Col 1:15, Heb 1:2)

3. Our Lord Jesus Christ (1 Cor 8:6)

Are they all the same person, or do you suppose all things were created through the Word, AND the Son of God, AND our Lord Jesus Christ?

Frank4YAHWEH
    Participant

Quote (mikeboll64 @ June 10 2012,01:15)

Quote (Frank4YAHWEH @ June 08 2012,19:15)
    Mike,

You actually believe in the magicians of Pharaoh?  :D

Who turned the staffs into snakes, Frank?  Who turned water into blood.  Who made frogs come up onto the land?

Can mere human beings do these things, Frank?  Or were they done by the power of the gods of Egypt, who Jehovah later passed judgment upon and punished?  (How does Jehovah pass judgment upon or punish a piece of stone?)

2 Kings 3
    26 When the king of Moab saw that the battle had gone against him, he took with him seven hundred swordsmen to break through to the king of Edom, but they failed. 27 Then he took his firstborn son, who was to succeed him as king, and offered him as a sacrifice on the city wall. The wrath against Israel was great; they withdrew and returned to their own land.

Who brought wrath down upon God's chosen people, Frank?

Daniel 10:13
    But the prince of the Persian kingdom resisted me twenty-one days. Then Michael, one of the chief princes, came to help me, because I was detained there with the king of Persia.

Who is the Prince of Persia that was able to detain a powerful angel sent from God for 21 days?  A man?

Frank, it seems that you are basing your understanding on your flawed reasoning that the word “god” refers ONLY to the Almighty Creator of All Things.  But scripturally, there are many gods, both in heaven and on earth.  In fact, Jehovah assembles with them from time to time and passes judgment:

Psalm 82:1
    God presides in the assembly of gods; in the midst of the gods he renders judgment.

That is fitting, since Jehovah is the God OF gods.  Frank, who are some of these gods that Jehovah is the God OF?  Is He the God of “false idols”?

Mike,

Well, that answers my question then, you actually believe in Pharaoh's magicians!  :D

Yahweh said to Moshe and Aaron, “When Pharaoh says to you, 'Perform a miracle,' then say to Aaron, 'Take your staff and throw it down before Pharaoh,' and it will become a snake.” So Moshe and Aaron went to Pharaoh and did just as Yahweh commanded. Aaron threw his staff down in front of Pharaoh and his officials, and it became a snake. Then Pharaoh also called the wise men and the sorcerers: now the magicians of Egypt, they also did in like manner with their enchantments. Each one threw down his staff and it became a snake. But Aaron's staff swallowed up their staffs. …

Well, it certainly seems that Yahweh has won that bought with Pharaoh's magician's trickery (“LYING wonders, And with all DECEPTION of unrighteousness”).

Go to Pharaoh in the morning as he goes out to the water. Wait on the bank of the Nile to meet him, and take in your hand the staff that was changed into a snake. Then say to him, 'Yahweh, the Mighty One of the Hebrews, has sent me to say to you: Let my people go, so that they may worship Me in the desert. But until now you have not listened. This is what Yahweh says: By this you will know that I am Yahweh: With the staff that is in my hand I will strike the water of the Nile, and it will be changed into blood. The fish in the Nile will die, and the river will stink; the Egyptians will not be able to drink its water.'” Yahweh said to Moshe, “Tell Aaron, 'Take your staff and stretch out your hand over the waters of Egypt–over the streams and canals, over the ponds and all the reservoirs'–and they will turn to blood. Blood will be everywhere in Egypt, even in the wooden buckets and stone jars.” Moshe and Aaron did just as Yahweh had commanded. He raised his staff in the presence of Pharaoh and his officials and struck the water of the Nile, and all the water was changed into blood. The fish in the Nile died, and the river smelled so bad that the Egyptians could not drink its water. Blood was everywhere in Egypt. And the magicians of Egypt did so with their enchantments: …

Oh really? So, how could the magicians have turned the Nile to blood if it was already turned to blood? Note that it says “The fish in the Nile died, and the river smelled so bad that the Egyptians could not drink its water. Blood was everywhere in Egypt.” So, how could the magicians have caused the fish in the Nile to die and the water to smell so bad that the Egyptians could not drink its water when it was already in that condition? Could it be that these magicians were deceptive and lying about doing so with their enchantments?

Pharaoh summoned Moshe and Aaron and said, “Pray to Yahweh to take the frogs away from me and my people, and I will let your people go to offer sacrifices to Yahweh.”

If Pharaoh's magicians were so powerful why he did he not summon his magicians to take the frogs away from him and his people?

Moshe said to Pharaoh, “I leave to you the honor of setting the time for me to pray for you and your officials and your people that you and your houses may be rid of the frogs, except for those that remain in the Nile.” “Tomorrow,” Pharaoh said. Moshe replied, “It will be as you say, so that you may know there is no one like Yahweh our Mighty One. The frogs will leave you and your houses, your officials and your people; they will remain only in the Nile.” After Moshe and Aaron left Pharaoh, Moses cried out to Yahweh about the frogs He had brought on Pharaoh. And Yahweh did what Moshe asked. The frogs died in the houses, in the courtyards and in the fields. They were piled into heaps, and the land reeked of them. But when Pharaoh saw that there was relief, he hardened his heart and would not listen to Moshe and Aaron, just as Yahweh had said. Then Yahweh said to Moshe, “Tell Aaron, 'Stretch out your staff and strike the dust of the ground,' and throughout the land of Egypt the dust will become gnats.” They did this, and when Aaron stretched out his hand with the staff and struck the dust of the ground, gnats came upon men and animals. All the dust throughout the land of Egypt became gnats. But when the magicians tried to produce gnats by their secret arts, they could not. And the gnats were on men and animals.

Instead, he turned and went into his palace, and did not take even this to heart. And all the Egyptians dug along the Nile to get drinking water, because they could not drink the water of the river. Seven days passed after Yahweh struck the Nile. Then Yahweh said to Moshe, “Go to Pharaoh and say to him, 'This is what Yahweh says: Let my people go, so that they may worship Me. If you refuse to let them go, I will plague your whole country with frogs. The Nile will teem with frogs. They will come up into your palace and your bedroom and onto your bed, into the houses of your officials and on your people, and into your ovens and kneading troughs. The frogs will go up on you and your people and all your officials.'” Then Yahweh said to Moshe, “Tell Aaron, 'Stretch out your hand with your staff over the streams and canals and ponds, and make frogs come up on the land of Egypt.'” So Aaron stretched out his hand over the waters of Egypt, and the frogs came up and
    covered the land. But the magicians did the same things by their secret arts; they also made frogs come up on the land of Egypt.

Oh really? How can it be proved that these magicians done the same thing when there were already frogs covering the land? Some trick? :D

Every time that the magicians of Pharaoh try to challenge the mighty hand of Yahweh they fall short until they themselves agree that this is “The finger [or hand, spirit] of Yahweh.”

The magicians said to Pharaoh, “This is the finger of Yahweh.” But Pharaoh's heart was hard and he would not listen, just as Yahweh had said. Then Yahweh said to Moshe, “Get up early in the morning and confront Pharaoh as he goes to the water and say to him, 'This is what Yahweh says: Let my people go, so that they may worship Me. If you do not let my people go, I will send swarms of flies on you and your officials, on your people and into your houses. The houses of the Egyptians will be full of flies, and even the ground where they are. “'But at that time I will deal differently with the land of Goshen, where My people live; no swarms of flies will be there, so that you will know that I, Yahweh, am in this land. I will make a distinction between my people and your people. This miraculous sign will occur tomorrow.'” And Yahweh did this. Dense swarms of flies poured into Pharaoh's palace and into the houses of his officials, and throughout Egypt the land was ruined by the flies. Then Pharaoh summoned Moshe and Aaron and said, “Go, sacrifice to your Mighty One here in the land.”

Well, it seems that Pharaoh has lost confidence in his magicians in not summoning them this time, right? In fact, you will from here on out not hear of them performing any more of their mere TRICKS. :D

But Moshe said, “That would not be right. The sacrifices we offer Yahweh our Mighty One would be detestable to the Egyptians. And if we offer sacrifices that are detestable in their eyes, will they not stone us? We must take a three-yom journey into the desert to offer sacrifices to Yahweh our Mighty One, as He commands us.” Pharaoh said, “I will let you go to offer sacrifices to Yahweh your Mighty One in the desert, but you must not go very far. Now commune for me.” Moshe answered, “As soon as I leave you, I will commune to Yahweh, and tomorrow the flies will leave Pharaoh and his officials and his people. Only be sure that Pharaoh does not act deceitfully again by not letting the people go to offer sacrifices to Yahweh.”

Oh! Where are those supposedly powerful magicians now! :D

The magicians could not stand before Moses because of the boils that were on them and on all the Egyptians. But Yahweh hardened Pharaoh's heart and he would not listen to Moshe and Aaron, just as Yahweh had said to Moshe. Then Yahweh said to Moshe, “Get up early in the morning, confront Pharaoh and say to him, 'This is what Yahweh, the Mighty One of the Hebrews, says: Let My people go, so that they may worship Me, or this time I will send the full force of My plagues against you and against your officials and your people, so you may know that there is no one like Me in all the earth. For by now I could have stretched out My hand and struck you and your people with a plague that would have wiped you off the earth. But I have raised you up for this very purpose, that I might show you My power and that My Name might be proclaimed in all the earth. You still set yourself against my people and will not let them go. Therefore, at this time tomorrow I will send the worst hailstorm that has ever fallen on Egypt, from the time it was founded till now. Give an order now to bring your livestock and everything you have in the field to a place of shelter, because the hail will fall on every man and animal that has not been brought in and is still out in the field, and they will die.'”

Where are Pharaoh's powerful magicians now? :D

Those officials of Pharaoh who feared the word of Yahweh hurried to bring their slaves and their livestock inside. But those who ignored the word of Yahweh left their slaves and livestock in the field. Then Yahweh said to Moshe, “Stretch out your hand toward the sky so that hail will fall all over Egypt–on men and animals and on everything growing in the fields of Egypt.” When Moshe stretched out his staff toward the sky, Yahweh sent thunder and hail, and lightning flashed down to the ground. So Yahweh rained hail on the land of Egypt; hail fell and lightning flashed back and forth. It was the worst storm in all the land of Egypt since it had become a nation. Throughout Egypt hail struck everything in the fields–both men and animals; it beat down everything growing in the fields and stripped every tree. The only place it did not hail was the land of Goshen, where the Ysrylites were. Then Pharaoh summoned Moshe and Aaron. “This time I have sinned,” he said to them. “Yahweh is in the right, and I and my people are in the wrong. Commune to Yahweh, for we have had enough thunder and hail. I will let you go; you don't have to stay any longer.” Moshe replied, “When I have gone out of the city, I will spread out my hands in communion to Yahweh. The thunder will stop and there will be no more hail, so you may know that the earth is Yahweh's. But I know that you and your officials still do not fear Yahweh Almighty.” (The flax and barley were destroyed, since the barley had headed and the flax was in bloom. The wheat and spelt, however, were not destroyed, because they ripen later.) Then Moshe left Pharaoh and went out of the city. He spread out his hands toward Yahweh; the thunder and hail stopped, and the rain no longer poured down on the land. When Pharaoh saw that the rain and hail and thunder had stopped, he sinned again: He and his officials hardened their hearts. So Pharaoh's heart was hard and he would not let the Ysrylites go, just as Yahweh had said through Moshe. Then Yahweh said to Moshe, “Go to Pharaoh, for I have hardened his heart and the hearts of his officials so that I may perform these miraculous signs of Mine among them that you may tell your children and grandchildren how I dealt harshly with the Egyptians and how I performed My signs among them, and that you may know that I am Yahweh.” So Moshe and Aaron went to Pharaoh and said to him, “This is what Yahweh, the Mighty One of the Hebrews, says: 'How long will you refuse to humble yourself before Me? Let My people go, so that they may worship Me. If you refuse to let them go, I will bring locusts into your country tomorrow. They will cover the face of the ground so that it cannot be seen. They will devour what little you have left after the hail, including every tree that is growing in your fields. They will fill your houses and those of all your officials and all the Egyptians–something neither your fathers nor your forefathers have ever seen from the time they settled in this land till now.'” Then Moshe turned and left Pharaoh.

What of Pharaoh's supposed great and powerful magicians? :D

Pharaoh's officials said to him, “How long will this man be a snare to us? Let the people go, so that they may worship Yahweh their Mighty One. Do you not yet realize that Egypt is ruined?” Then Moshe and Aaron were brought back to Pharaoh. “Go, worship Yahweh your Mighty One,” he said. “But just who will be going?” Moshe answered, “We will go with ou
    r young and old, with our sons and daughters, and with our flocks and herds, because we are to celebrate a festival to Yahweh.” Pharaoh said, “Yahweh be with you–if I let you go, along with your women and children! Clearly you are bent on evil. No! Have only the men go; and worship Yahweh, since that's what you have been asking for.” Then Moshe and Aaron were driven out of Pharaoh's presence. And Yahweh said to Moshe, “Stretch out your hand over Egypt so that locusts will swarm over the land and devour everything growing in the fields, everything left by the hail.” So Moshe stretched out his staff over Egypt, and Yahweh made an east wind blow across the land all that yom and all that night. By morning the wind had brought the locusts; they invaded all Egypt and settled down in every area of the country in great numbers. Never before had there been such a plague of locusts, nor will there ever be again. They covered all the ground until it was black. They devoured all that was left after the hail–everything growing in the fields and the fruit on the trees. Nothing green remained on tree or plant in all the land of Egypt. Pharaoh quickly summoned Moshe and Aaron and said, “I have sinned against Yahweh your Mighty One and against you. Now forgive my sin once more and commune to Yahweh your Mighty One to take this deadly plague away from me.” Moshe then left Pharaoh and communed to Yahweh. And Yahweh changed the wind to a very strong west wind, which caught up the locusts and carried them into the Red Sea. Not a locust was left anywhere in Egypt. But Yahweh hardened Pharaoh's heart, and he would not let the Ysrylites go. Then Yahweh said to Moshe, “Stretch out your hand toward the sky so that darkness will spread over Egypt–darkness that can be felt.” So Moshe stretched out his hand toward the sky, and total darkness covered all Egypt for three yoms. No one could see anyone else or leave his place for three yoms. Yet all the Ysrylites had light in the places where they lived. Then Pharaoh summoned Moshe and said, “Go, worship Yahweh. Even your women and children may go with you; only leave your flocks and herds behind.” But Moshe said, “You must allow us to have sacrifices and burnt offerings to present to Yahweh our Mighty One. Our livestock too must go with us; not a hoof is to be left behind. We have to use some of them in worshiping Yahweh our Mighty One, and until we get there we will not know what we are to use to worship Yahweh.” But Yahweh hardened Pharaoh's heart, and he was not willing to let them go. Pharaoh said to Moshe, “Get out of my sight! Make sure you do not appear before me again! The time you see my face again you will die.” “Just as you say,” Moshe replied, “I will never appear before you again.” Now Yahweh had said to Moshe, “I will bring one more plague on Pharaoh and on Egypt. After that, he will let you go from here, and when he does, he will drive you out completely. Tell the people that men and women alike are to ask their neighbors for articles of silver and gold.” (Yahweh made the Egyptians favorably disposed toward the people, and Moshe himself was highly regarded in Egypt by Pharaoh's officials and by the people.)

What happened to those supposedly powerful magicians of Pharaoh? Were they not favorable and highly regarded by the people of Egypt any longer? :D

So Moshe said, “This is what Yahweh says: 'About midnight I will go throughout Egypt. Every firstborn son in Egypt will die, from the firstborn son of Pharaoh, who sits on the throne, to the firstborn son of the slave girl, who is at her hand mill, and all the firstborn of the cattle as well. There will be loud wailing throughout Egypt–worse than there has ever been or ever will be again. But among the Ysrylites not a dog will bark at any man or animal.' Then you will know that Yahweh makes a distinction between Egypt and Ysryl. All these officials of yours will come to Me, bowing down before Me and saying, 'Go, you and all the people who follow you!' After that I will leave.” Then Moshe, hot with anger, left Pharaoh. Yahweh had said to Moshe, “Pharaoh will refuse to listen to you–so that My wonders may be multiplied in Egypt.”

What about the supposed powerful wonders of Pharaoh's magicians? :D

Moshe and Aaron performed all these wonders before Pharaoh, but Yahweh hardened Pharaoh's heart, and he would not let the Ysrylites go out of his country. Yahweh said to Moshe and Aaron in Egypt, “This month is to be for you the first month, the first month of your year. Tell the whole community of Ysryl that on the tenth yom of this month each man is to take a lamb for his family, one for each household. If any household is too small for a whole lamb, they must share one with their nearest neighbor, having taken into account the number of people there are. You are to determine the amount of lamb needed in accordance with what each person will eat. The animals you choose must be year-old males without defect, and you may take them from the sheep or the goats. Take care of them until the fourteenth yom of the month, when all the people of the community of Ysryl must slaughter them at twilight. Then they are to take some of the blood and put it on the sides and tops of the doorframes of the houses where they eat the lambs. That same night they are to eat the meat roasted over the fire, along with bitter herbs, and bread made without yeast. Do not eat the meat raw or cooked in water, but roast it over the fire–head, legs and inner parts. Do not leave any of it till morning; if some is left till morning, you must burn it. This is how you are to eat it: with your cloak tucked into your belt, your sandals on your feet and your staff in your hand. Eat it in haste; it is Yahweh's Passover. “On that same night I will pass through Egypt and strike down every firstborn–both men and animals–and I will bring judgment on all the gods of Egypt. I am Yahweh.

Well, I will stop here. It is quite obvious that this was not written to show the power of Pharaoh's magicians. It seems to me that they are most certainly rendered powerless in comparison to Father Yahweh!

Certainly you have seen a show put on by magicians, right? Do you believe they actually possess powers? They certainly do! Their powers were merely amount to powers of LYING and DECEPTION.

From what I have read in this account, I can only conclude that these magicians of Pharaoh could have merely used some kind of trickery (“signs and LYING wonders, And with all DECEPTION of unrighteousness”) to merely turn staffs into snakes. Certainly you have seen magicians do mere trick of this sort, right? But, I can see no evidence that they actually performed any of these other “miracles” that Yahweh had done. It seems to me that Pharaoh was deceived by his magicians because of his heart being hardened toward Yahweh and it seems to me that Mike has also been deceived and that his heart has also been hardened toward Yahweh.

Even him, whose coming is after the working of Satan with all power and signs and LYING wonders, And with all DECEPTION of unrighteousness in them that perish; because they received not the love of the truth, that they might be redeemed (2 Thessalonians 2:9-10).

mikeboll64
    Blocked

Frank,

The question was: Can mere human beings do the things that were done in Egypt? Well? Can they? Can a human being turn a staff into a snake, Frank?

Frank4YAHWEH
    Participant

Quote (mikeboll64 @ June 12 2012,13:07)
    Shall we go through my list one at a time, fellas?  Or do you feel more secure hiding behing your smug comments where you don't have to actually DISCUSS my points?  

1.  The Word (John 1:3)

2.  The Son of God (Col 1:15, Heb 1:2)

3.  Our Lord Jesus Christ  (1 Cor 8:6)

Are they all the same person, or do you suppose all things were created through the Word, AND the Son of God, AND our Lord Jesus Christ?

Mike,

Father Yahweh's word is not a separate being apart from Himself! :D

WHO IS THE WORD?

mikeboll64
    Blocked

Hmmmmmmmm……………….

So then it's God Himself who rides the white horse in Rev 19?

Frank4YAHWEH
    Participant

Quote (mikeboll64 @ June 12 2012,13:13)
    Frank,

The question was:  Can mere human beings do the things that were done in Egypt?  Well?  Can they?  Can a human being turn a staff into a snake, Frank?

Mike,

Certainly magicians in this time period can appear to turn a staff into a snake as did Pharaoh's magicians! :D

NickHassan
    Participant

Hi Frank,
    If scripture says they DID do your disagree?

Frank4YAHWEH
    Participant

Quote (mikeboll64 @ June 12 2012,13:16)
    Hmmmmmmmm……………….

Mike,

You seem to forget that I myself do not believe Yahshua is LITERALLY Father Yahweh's word. Yahshua's title is called “The Word of Yahweh”, since Yahweh's word proceeds from his mouth sharper than any two-edged sword. Yahshua did not pre-exist his birth as a separate being apart from Father Yahweh in the beginning as His word.

WHO IS THE WORD?

Did Yahshua Create Or Pre-exist His Birth?

Frank4YAHWEH
    Participant

Quote (Nick Hassan @ June 12 2012,13:20)
    Hi Frank,
    If scripture says they DID do your disagree?

Nick,

Certainly magicians in this time period can appear to turn a staff into a snake as did Pharaoh's magicians!

NickHassan
    Participant

Hi Frank,
    So long as we know you are above scripture we can understand you better.

Frank4YAHWEH
    Participant

Quote (Nick Hassan @ June 12 2012,13:28)
    Hi Frank,

Nick,

I have never proclaimed to be “above Scripture”, but you are most certainly below me with your snide remarks! :D

Frank4YAHWEH
    Participant

Quote (Frank4YAHWEH @ June 12 2012,13:31)

Hi Frank,

Nick,

I have never proclaimed to be “above Scripture”, but you are most certainly below me with your snide remarks!  :D

The magician who can walk on water: Dynamo crosses the River Thames on foot – without using a bridge
    By Gavin Allen
    UPDATED: 14:50 EST, 30 June 2011

mikeboll64
    Blocked

Quote (Frank4YAHWEH @ June 11 2012,20:17)

Quote (mikeboll64 @ June 12 2012,13:13)
    Frank,

The question was:  Can mere human beings do the things that were done in Egypt?  Well?  Can they?  Can a human being turn a staff into a snake, Frank?

Mike,

Certainly magicians in this time period can appear to turn a staff into a snake as did Pharaoh's magicians!  :D

Exodus 7
    10 Aaron threw his staff down in front of Pharaoh and his officials, and it became a snake.

11 Pharaoh then summoned wise men and sorcerers, and the Egyptian magicians also did the same things by their secret arts:

12 Each one threw down his staff and it became a snake.

The text says the magicians did the same thing Aaron did.  It doesn't say they appeared to do the same thing.

So, do mere humans have the power to turn staffs into snakes?

terraricca
    Participant

Quote (Nick Hassan @ June 12 2012,19:45)
    Hi MB,
    Yes but none say it is the man Jesus.
    Is inference enough?

N

any suggestion as to whom it may be ?????

mikeboll64
    Blocked

Quote (Frank4YAHWEH @ June 11 2012,20:26)
    Mike,

You seem to forget that I myself do not believe Yahshua is LITERALLY Father Yahweh's word. Yahshua's title is called “The Word of Yahweh”, since Yahweh's word proceeds from his mouth……………

I don't believe Jesus was LITERALLY a spoken word(s) from Yahweh either, Frank.  It seems we both agree that Jesus has the title “the Word of God”.  It's just that I think it is Jesus being called by that title in John 1:1 and 1:14, and you don't.

(Btw, I'm right and your wrong.  :)  )

terraricca
    Participant

Quote (Frank4YAHWEH @ June 12 2012,20:44)

Quote (Frank4YAHWEH @ June 12 2012,13:31)

Hi Frank,

Nick,

I have never proclaimed to be “above Scripture”, but you are most certainly below me with your snide remarks!  :D

The magician who can walk on water: Dynamo crosses the River Thames on foot – without using a bridge
    By Gavin Allen
    UPDATED: 14:50 EST, 30 June 2011

f

Biblical epic: Magician Dynamo poses while standing in the middle of the River Thames where he performed an ILLUSION in which he appeared to walk on water

Read more: http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news….XpReukp

Ed J
    Participant

Quote (mikeboll64 @ June 12 2012,13:07)
    Shall we go through my list one at a time, fellas?  Or do you feel more secure hiding behing your smug comments where you don't have to actually DISCUSS my points?  

1.  The Word (John 1:3)

2.  The Son of God (Col 1:15, Heb 1:2)

3.  Our Lord Jesus Christ  (1 Cor 8:6)

Hi Mike,

The worlds were framed by “The Word” of God
    through (as in by means of) Jesus crucifixion.

God bless
    Ed J (Joshua 22:34)
    http://www.holycitybiblecode.org

Ed J
    Participant

Hmmmmmmmm……………….

Hi Mike,

The HolySpirit.

God bless

terraricca
    Participant

Quote (Ed J @ June 12 2012,21:32)

Hmmmmmmmm……………….

Hi Mike,

The HolySpirit.

God bless

edj

:D :D :D :(

Proclaimer
    Participant

Hi MB,
    You still struggle with the Word having been God?
    Must it fit your understanding before it can be approved?

https://heavennet.net/cgi-bin….8;st=30

Nick, the Word was not THE God.
    And it also doesn't say the Word IS God in John 1:1.

So even if it said 'the LOGOS IS GOD' which it doesn't, then I can show you in scripture where a city and an earthquake are both described as being elohim and that word is often translated in Greek as theos.

In short, the word theos is not always in reference to the Most High God.

Viewing 20 posts - 7,841 through 7,860 (of 25,907 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

© 1999 - 2024 Heaven Net

Navigation

© 1999 - 2023 - Heaven Net
or

or    

Forgot your details?

or

Create Account