JOHN 1:1 who is the WORD?

Viewing 20 posts - 7,821 through 7,840 (of 25,907 total)
  • Author
    Frank4YAHWEH
    Participant

Mike and t8 must also believe that Satan and idols made by mere men are also TRUE “Gods” as opposed to FALSE, so-called, strange (foreign) ones! :laugh:

mikeboll64
    Blocked

No, Frank.

But I do believe the gods of Egypt, which Jehovah PUNISHED, are real gods who performed great signs and wonders before Pharaoh and Moses.

And I believe that the god Chemosh, who was able to bring down wrath upon God's chosen people, is a real god with massive capabilities.

And I believe that Satan, whom Jehovah Himself called “the god of Ekron”, is a real god who rules this world, and is capable of wreaking very real havoc upon us all.  In fact, that scripture in Daniel that I quoted for you explains how Jehovah will hand the saints over to him for a time before the end comes.

Satan asked for permission to sift us like wheat, Frank.  God has given him that permission to an extent.  This is how we are refined like silver in a fire, IMO.  The refining fire is the trials brought upon us by Satan and his fellow gods.  How we act while being burned is what determines whether we come out as refined silver for God, or as swag that God has no use for, IMO.

mikeboll64
    Blocked

Quote (Nick Hassan @ June 07 2012,21:58)
    Hi MB,
    Rescuing men from the fire is a blessed thing to do. Jude 1.23

So then you weren't scripturally refuting anything I was saying to Ed? Are you able to do so, Nick?

Wakeup
    Participant

Quote (mikeboll64 @ June 09 2012,11:49)
    No, Frank.

But I do believe the gods of Egypt, which Jehovah PUNISHED, are real gods who performed great signs and wonders before Pharaoh and Moses.

And I believe that the god Chemosh, who was able to bring down wrath upon God's chosen people, is a real god with massive capabilities.

And I believe that Satan, whom Jehovah Himself called “the god of Ekron”, is a real god who rules this world, and is capable of wreaking very real havoc upon us all.  In fact, that scripture in Daniel that I quoted for you explains how Jehovah will hand the saints over to him for a time before the end comes.

Satan asked for permission to sift us like wheat, Frank.  God has given him that permission to an extent.  This is how we are refined like silver in a fire, IMO.  The refining fire is the trials brought upon us by Satan and his fellow gods.  How we act while being burned is what determines whether we come out as refined silver for God, or as swag that God has no use for, IMO.

MikeB.

Anything can be worshipped as a god.
    people worship mountains,trees,rivers,the earth,technology,sport, money and power is a great god of this world.

wakeup.

mikeboll64
    Blocked

Hi Wakeup,

I agree that even pieces of stone and wood are worshipped as gods.

But surely we can tell the difference between a powerful spirit being who is able to turn staffs into snakes and a piece of wood that can't even move itself from one place to another, right?

Frank4YAHWEH
    Participant

Quote (Frank4YAHWEH @ June 09 2012,09:58)
    Mike and t8 must also believe that Satan and idols made by mere men are also TRUE “Gods” as opposed to FALSE, so-called, strange (foreign) ones! :laugh:

1 Corinthians chapter 8 in context is speaking of eating food sacrificed to idols and makes mention that WE (certainly not Mike or t8) know that an idol is nothing at all in the world and that there is none mighty (having power or strength) but One. Scripture clearly teaches that these idol gods have no power (authority), strength or might at all in saying in translation that they are “no gods” or “not gods at all”:

Formerly, when you did not know Yahweh, you were slaves to those who by nature have no power whatsoever [translation – “are not gods“] (Galatians 4:8).

And you see and hear how this fellow Shaul has convinced and led astray large numbers of people here in Ephesus and in practically the whole province of Asia. He says that man-made gods have no power whatsoever [translation – “are no gods at all“]  Acts 19:26).

Do men make their own gods? Yes, but they are powerless [translation – not gods]! (Yeremyah 16-20).

Why should I forgive you? Your children have forsaken Me and sworn by gods that are powerless [translation – “not gods“] (Yeremyah 5:7).

Has a nation ever changed its gods? (Yet they are powerless [translation – “not gods at all“.) But My people have exchanged their esteemed Mighty One for worthless idols (Yeremyah 2:11).

But didn't you drive out the priests of Yahweh, the sons of Aaron, and the Lewites, and make priests of your own as the peoples of other lands do? Whoever comes to consecrate himself with a young bull and seven rams may become a priest of what are powerless mighty ones [translation – “not gods“] (2 Chronicles 13:9).

They have thrown their gods into the fire and destroyed them, for they were powerless [translation – “not gods“] but only wood and stone, fashioned by men's hands (2 Kings 19:18).

These worthless and powerless gods that the nations and whom Father Yahweh's people turned back to worshiping are what is referred to in a number of translations as “so-called mighty ones [translation – 'gods']” and in turn are most definitely “false mighty ones [translation – 'gods'].” These were merely “molten, graven or carved idol/god/images” of silver, gold, bronze, iron, wood, and stone fashioned my mere men's hands.

Exodus 34:17 – You shall make you no molten gods.

Leviticus 19:4 – Turn you not unto idols, nor make to yourselves molten gods: I [am] Yahweh your Mighty One.

Exodus 32:4 – And he received [them] at their hand, and fashioned it with a graving tool, after he had made it a molten calf: and they said, These [be] your gods, O Ysryl, which brought you up out of the land of Egypt.

1 Kings 14:9-10 – But have done evil above all that were before you: for you have gone and made for yourselves gods of no power, and molten images, to provoke Me to anger, and have cast Me behind your back: Therefore, behold, I will bring evil upon the house of Yeroboam, and will cut off from Yeroboam him that pisses against the wall, [and] him that is shut up and left in Ysryl, and will take away the remnant of the house of Yeroboam, as a man takes away dung, till it be all gone.

Exodus 32:8 – They have turned aside quickly out of the way which I commanded them: they have made them a molten calf, and have worshiped it, and have sacrificed thereunto, and said, These [be] your gods, O Ysryl, which have brought you up out of the land of Egypt.

Isayah 42:17 – They shall be turned back, they shall be greatly ashamed, that trust in graven images, that say to the molten images, You [are] our gods.

Father Yahweh has never given these worthless images power or authority, nor did He form them to be worshiped. Mere men made them from what Father Yahweh had created and in turn they were worshiping the creation rather than Yahweh Who created the heaven and the earth and all things in them. Theses “so-called” or “false mighty ones [translation – 'gods']” are also referred to in Scripture translation as “strange”, “foreign” or “other mighty ones [translation – 'gods']” just as the nations who formed or made them are also referred to as “strangers” or “foreigners” in translation. Theses people depicted these gods as having power (authority), strength or might when in fact they did not. This can clearly be seen in the competition that was set up by Yliyah between Baal (“the LORD) and Father Yahweh. Baal was most definitely rendered powerless and not a mighty one [translation – 'god']” in the least bit in the sense of the true meaning of the Hebrew/Canaanite words el, eloah, and elohim (from the Hebrew root 'wl' or 'yl' meaning power, strength or might).

ELOHIM: ONE, OR MORE THAN ONE?

Frank4YAHWEH
    Participant

Quote (mikeboll64 @ June 09 2012,12:06)
    Hi Wakeup,

I agree that even pieces of stone and wood are worshipped as gods.

But surely we can tell the difference between a powerful spirit being who is able to turn staffs into snakes and a piece of wood that can't even move itself from one place to another, right?

Mike,

You actually believe in the magicians of Pharaoh? :D

Frank4YAHWEH
    Participant

Certainly there are gods many and lords many that have no power or authority whatsoever!

… yet for US (certainly not Mike or t8 at this point in time) there is One Who is the source of all power, the Father, from Whom are all things and for Whom we exist, and one Master, Yahshua Messiah, because of whom are all things and because of whom we exist (1 Corinthians 8:6).

Once again Mike and t8 have been owned in the very forum that they are the moderators of! :D

Hopefully they will soon come around and join US! :)

terraricca
    Participant

Quote (Frank4YAHWEH @ June 09 2012,19:31)
    Certainly there are gods many and lords many that have no power or authority whatsoever!

… yet for US (certainly not Mike or t8 at this point in time) there is One Who is the source of all power, the Father, from Whom are all things and for Whom we exist, and one Master, Yahshua Messiah, because of whom are all things and because of whom we exist (1 Corinthians 8:6).

Once again Mike and t8 have been owned in the very forum that they are the moderators of! :D

Frank

you close your eyes for ten minutes and then you try to make out what you have not seen by inventing all things,and believing that only you can see and all others are blind , :D :D :D

not so ,history shows that many men at power of life and dead and if your god was not THE GOD OF ISRAEL YOU WOULD NOT HAVE ANY CHANCE TO BE SAVED FROM THAT POWER ,

look at Joseph,Daniel and friends ,and King Saul etc….

stop spilling your ignorance on this site ???

Frank4YAHWEH
    Participant

Quote (terraricca @ June 09 2012,12:46)

Quote (Frank4YAHWEH @ June 09 2012,19:31)

Frank

you close your eyes for ten minutes and then you try to make out what you have not seen by inventing all things,and believing that only you can see and all others are blind , :D  :D  :D

not so ,history shows that many men at power of life and dead and if your god was not THE GOD OF ISRAEL YOU WOULD NOT HAVE ANY CHANCE TO BE SAVED FROM THAT POWER ,

look at Joseph,Daniel and friends ,and King Saul etc….

stop spilling your ignorance on this site  ???

Pieear,

I am no mere “God” worshiper! It is you who needs to “stop spilling your ignorance on this site”! :D

Frank4YAHWEH
    Participant

Quote (Frank4YAHWEH @ June 09 2012,12:31)

Piear,

I forgot to include you with Mike and t8! I forgot that you kiss-up right behind them! :D

terraricca
    Participant

Quote (Frank4YAHWEH @ June 09 2012,20:49)

Quote (Frank4YAHWEH @ June 09 2012,12:31)

Piear,

I forgot to include you with Mike and t8! I forgot that you kiss-up right behind them!  :D

F
    It seems you forget many things , :D :D :D

mikeboll64
    Blocked

Quote (Frank4YAHWEH @ June 08 2012,19:15)
    Mike,

You actually believe in the magicians of Pharaoh?  :D

Who turned the staffs into snakes, Frank?  Who turned water into blood.  Who made frogs come up onto the land?

Can mere human beings do these things, Frank?  Or were they done by the power of the gods of Egypt, who Jehovah later passed judgment upon and punished?  (How does Jehovah pass judgment upon or punish a piece of stone?)

2 Kings 3
    26 When the king of Moab saw that the battle had gone against him, he took with him seven hundred swordsmen to break through to the king of Edom, but they failed. 27 Then he took his firstborn son, who was to succeed him as king, and offered him as a sacrifice on the city wall. The wrath against Israel was great; they withdrew and returned to their own land.

Who brought wrath down upon God's chosen people, Frank?

Daniel 10:13
    But the prince of the Persian kingdom resisted me twenty-one days. Then Michael, one of the chief princes, came to help me, because I was detained there with the king of Persia.

Who is the Prince of Persia that was able to detain a powerful angel sent from God for 21 days?  A man?

Frank, it seems that you are basing your understanding on your flawed reasoning that the word “god” refers ONLY to the Almighty Creator of All Things.  But scripturally, there are many gods, both in heaven and on earth.  In fact, Jehovah assembles with them from time to time and passes judgment:

Psalm 82:1
    God presides in the assembly of gods; in the midst of the gods he renders judgment.

That is fitting, since Jehovah is the God OF gods.  Frank, who are some of these gods that Jehovah is the God OF? Is He the God of “false idols”?

Ed J
    Participant

Quote (jammin @ June 08 2012,15:40)

Quote (Ed J @ June 08 2012,15:35)

Jammin plays 'musical translations'.

ed,

you know it bec you are a dream boy

Jammin

No, I know it because it's true!

God bless
    Ed J (Joshua 22:34)
    http://www.holycitybiblecode.org

jammin
    Participant

make your own bible to support your doctrine about john 1.1 that that refers to the HS

mikeboll64
    Blocked

Things said about “the Word”………….

1.  He was with God in the beginning.  (John 1:1, Phil 2:6, Proverbs 8:22, Micah 5:2)

2.  Through him all things were made.  (John 1:3, 1:10, Col 1:16, 1 Cor 8:6, Heb 1:2)

3.  He was the true light that gives light to every man. (John 8:12, 9:5)

4.  To those who believed in his name, he gave the right to become children of God. (John 1:12, Gal 3:26, 4:4)

5.  He became flesh.  (John 1:14, Acts 2:30, Phil 2:7, Gal 4:4, Rom 1:3, Heb 2:14)  

6.  He had the glory of God's only begotten. (Matt 16:16, John 1:14, 1:18, 3:16, 3:18, 6:69.  Rom 8:32, 1 John 4:9, 4:10)

7.  John testified about him, saying he who came after him was really before him.  (John 1:15, 1:30)

8.  He has eyes of blazing fire.  (Rev 1:14, 2:18, 19:12)

9.  Out of his mouth comes a sword.  (Rev 1:16, 2:16, 19:15, 19:21.

10.  He is the Lord of lords and King of kings.  (Rev 17:14, 19:16)

NickHassan
    Participant

Hi MB,
    Yes but none say it is the man Jesus.
    Is inference enough?

mikeboll64
    Blocked

Most of the things I posted are said one place about “the Word”, and another place about “Jesus”. That was the whole point, Nick.

Ed J
    Participant

Quote (mikeboll64 @ June 12 2012,12:48)
    Most of the things I posted are said one place about “the Word”, and another place about “Jesus”.  That was the whole point, Nick.

Hi Mike, that logic is good enough for Jammin too…

Since Jesus and God both have the same nature…    Jesus must therefore be…

God bless
    Ed J (Joshua 22:34)
    http://www.holycitybiblecode.org

NickHassan
    Participant

Yes MB,
    Enough for a carnal mind

Viewing 20 posts - 7,821 through 7,840 (of 25,907 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

© 1999 - 2024 Heaven Net

Navigation

© 1999 - 2023 - Heaven Net
or

or    

Forgot your details?

or

Create Account