JOHN 1:1 who is the WORD?

Viewing 20 posts - 7,801 through 7,820 (of 25,907 total)
  • Author
    NickHassan
    Participant

Hi Ed,
    No.
    Odd you would take it that way.

Ed J
    Participant

Hi Nick,

What was the purpose you posted it then?

God bless
    Ed J (Joshua 22:34)
    http://www.holycitybiblecode.org

jammin
    Participant

Quote (Ed J @ June 08 2012,04:52)
    Hi Jammin,

If we as God's teachers do not explain the correct interpretation of Scripture, how will you know what YHVH has been saying?

Eph 4:11-14 And he gave some, apostles; and some, prophets; and some, evangelists; and some, pastors and teachers;
    For the perfecting of the saints, for the work of the ministry, for the edifying of the body of Christ: Till we all come in
    the unity of the faith, and of the knowledge of the Son of God, unto a perfect man, unto the measure of the stat-
    ure of the fulness of Christ: That we henceforth be no more children, tossed to and fro, and carried about with
    every wind of doctrine, by the sleight of men, and cunning craftiness, whereby they lie in wait to deceive;

Your brother
    in Christ, Jesus.
    holycitybiblecode.org

you are one of those false teachers

mikeboll64
    Blocked

Quote (kerwin @ June 07 2012,02:14)

Quote (mikeboll64 @ June 07 2012,05:19)

To WHAT does the title “the Word of God” refer in Rev 19:13?  Does that phrase refer to literal words that God has spoken?  Or to God's main spokesman?

Mike;

A prophet is the spokesman of God; Jesus is the Emperor of God.  The prophets serve him.  

Jesus position is that of God's spoke Word and he is carried along by Jehovah's spoken Word in his thoughts, words, and actions.

Kerwin,

It seems to me that you are speaking in riddles. I don't remember Jesus ever being called “the Emperor of God”, although I know from the scriptures that he is a prophet of God. Read Hebrews 1:1-2 again, Kerwin.

Jesus position is that of God's spoke Word………

What does that even mean? Is the person Jesus Christ literally a word that God spoke? ???

You know Kerwin, a few days ago you said that you've been trying different understandings, and throwing out the ones that don't fit scripturally. You mentioned that you passed on my understanding a long time ago because it didn't fit the scriptures. Could you tell me which particular scripture my understanding doesn't align with?

Also, just so we're clear: Is it your understanding that Jesus is NOT a spokesman for God?

NickHassan
    Participant

Hi Ed,

God's servants in Christ are led by the Spirit.
    Unless the Lord builds the house…

mikeboll64
    Blocked

Quote (Ed J @ June 06 2012,20:10)
    I've tried to explain to you, that is because of the limiting nature
    of the languages used to express the deeper theology of God.
    In many ways English does not have these same limitations.

From Webster's Dictionary:
    god…………. any of various beings conceived of as supernatural, immortal, and having special powers over the lives and affairs of people and the course of nature.

Is Jehovah one of these?  Yep.

Is Jesus?  Yep.

Is Satan?  Yep.

How about Chemosh, who brought down wrath upon the Israelites?  Yep.

How about the gods of Egypt, who were able to turn staffs into snakes and water into blood?   Yep.

The big difference is that Jehovah is the only one of these who created the heavens, the earth, and everything in them.  He is the only one who is the God OF the other gods.

Unfortunately, you seem to be under the impression that the word “god” actually MEANS:  the one who created the heavens, the earth, and everything in them.

Many times, the word “god” REFERS TO that one, but the word itself doesn't MEAN that.  The word itself refers to any of various “mighty ones”, or “ones to be revered”.  That is also what the word “elohim” means.

So you go on using your own definition of “god”, and pretending that there is LITERALLY only one of them in existence.  As for me, I will believe the scriptural truth of the matter, and will therefore not stumble when it comes to titles like “God of gods”, or “God Most High“.

Ed J
    Participant

Quote (mikeboll64 @ June 08 2012,09:49)

Quote (Ed J @ June 06 2012,20:10)
    I've tried to explain to you, that is because of the limiting nature
    of the languages used to express the deeper theology of God.
    In many ways English does not have these same limitations.

From Webster's Dictionary:
    god…………. any of various beings conceived of as supernatural, immortal, and having special powers over the lives and affairs of people and the course of nature.

Is Jehovah one of these?  Yep.

Is Jesus?  Yep.

Is Satan?  Yep.

How about Chemosh, who brought down wrath upon the Israelites?  Yep.

How about the gods of Egypt, who were able to turn staffs into snakes and water into blood?   Yep.

The big difference is that Jehovah is the only one of these who created the heavens, the earth, and everything in them.  He is the only one who is the God OF the other gods.

Unfortunately, you seem to be under the impression that the word “god” actually MEANS:  the one who created the heavens, the earth, and everything in them.

Many times, the word “god” REFERS TO that one, but the word itself doesn't MEAN that.  The word itself refers to any of various “mighty ones”, or “ones to be revered”.  That is also what the word “elohim” means.

So you go on using your own definition of “god”, and pretending that there is LITERALLY only one of them in existence.  As for me, I will believe the scriptural truth of the matter, and will therefore not stumble when it comes to titles like “God of gods”, or “God Most High“.

Hi Mike,

God: the creator of the universe

Is Jehovah creator of the universe?  Yep

Is Jesus creator of the universe?  Nope

How about Chemosh, who brought down wrath upon the Israelites, is he creator of the universe?  Nope

How about the gods of Egypt, who were able to turn staffs into snakes and water into blood, is he creator of the universe?   Nope

The big difference is that Jehovah is the only one of these who created the heavens, the earth, and everything in them.

Yes, that is the meaning of “God”; is it not?

God bless

mikeboll64
    Blocked

Quote (Ed J @ June 07 2012,17:07)

No Ed,

That is not the meaning of “god”. Nor was it ever the meaning of “el” or “elohim”. It's not even the meaning of “theos”.

The meaning of “god” is: Any of various beings conceived of as supernatural, immortal, and having special powers over the lives and affairs of people and the course of nature.

Jehovah is most definitely one of these, and the Almighty One at that. But others exist – according to the very scriptures you claim to believe.

NickHassan
    Participant

Hi MB,
    ONE OF THESE.
    You obviously do not know or fear our God or you would not speak like that.

mikeboll64
    Blocked

Nick,

Were you able to scripturally refute anything I've been sharing with Ed? Or are you just passing judgment on another's servant again?

Ed J
    Participant

Quote (mikeboll64 @ June 08 2012,10:59)

Quote (Ed J @ June 07 2012,17:07)

No Ed,

That is not the meaning of “god”.  Nor was it ever the meaning of “el” or “elohim”.  It's not even the meaning of “theos”.

The meaning of “god” is:  Any of various beings conceived of as supernatural, immortal, and having special powers over the lives and affairs of people and the course of nature.

Jehovah is most definitely one of these, and the Almighty One at that.  But others exist – according to the very scriptures you claim to believe.

(Link)

Ed J
    Participant

“God” is not a 'person', Mike.

NickHassan
    Participant

Hi MB,
    Rescuing men from the fire is a blessed thing to do. Jude 1.23

Ed J
    Participant

Quote (Nick Hassan @ June 08 2012,14:58)
    Hi MB,
    Rescuing men from the fire is a blessed thing to do. Jude 1.23

:)

jammin
    Participant

Quote (Ed J @ June 08 2012,14:54)
    “God” is not a 'person', Mike.

it depends on how you understand the word person.
    go back to elementary school edj

Ed J
    Participant

Ha Ha

NickHassan
    Participant

Hi Jammin,
    Usually you refer to a favourable version of scripture
    but not this time?

Ed J
    Participant

Hi Nick,

Jammin plays 'musical translations'.

God bless

jammin
    Participant

ed,

you know it bec you are a dream boy

nick,

go to school first and study the different meanings of the word person

Frank4YAHWEH
    Participant

Quote (Ed J @ June 08 2012,06:59)

Quote (Nick Hassan @ June 08 2012,06:50)
    Hi ED,
    Someone who is an anointed vessel for God to use.
    We do not work ON BEHALF OF God.

Hi Nick,

Are you acknowledging that you do not work on behalf of God?

God bless

:D

Viewing 20 posts - 7,801 through 7,820 (of 25,907 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

© 1999 - 2024 Heaven Net

Navigation

© 1999 - 2023 - Heaven Net
or

or    

Forgot your details?

or

Create Account