JOHN 1:1 who is the WORD?

Viewing 20 posts - 7,741 through 7,760 (of 25,907 total)
  • Author
    Wakeup
    Participant

Quote (kerwin @ June 06 2012,11:06)
    Jammin;

A human that lives by the Spirit of God has the form of God because the Spirit has the form of God.

Kerwin.

We in Jesus,jesus in us and the father in Jesus.
    if we have been feeding on his flesh.

But unfortunately Jesus said:
    No man knoweth who the son is but the father, and no man knoweth who the father is ,but the son; and he whom the son will reveal him.

wakeup.

terraricca
    Participant

Quote (Nick Hassan @ June 06 2012,16:56)
    Hi MB,
    You say
    “Or to God's main spokesman? “

He was not just speaking on behalf of God.
    God SPOKE THROUGH him

N

what is the difference ??? do you know ???

terraricca
    Participant

Quote (kerwin @ June 06 2012,18:06)
    Jammin;

A human that lives by the Spirit of God has the form of God because the Spirit has the form of God.

K

do you realy understand what you have written ????I sure do not

mikeboll64
    Blocked

Quote (Frank4YAHWEH @ June 05 2012,18:42)
    Mike,

There Is A True Mighty One And There Are False Mighty Ones

All other so-called “Gods” are nothing but mere idols

Frank,

Can you find the phrase “false god” or “so-called god” in any scripture?

2 Kings 3:27
    Then he took his firstborn son, who was to succeed him as king, and offered him as a sacrifice on the city wall. The wrath against Israel was great; they withdrew and returned to their own land.

Frank, this describes the King of Moab sacrificing his son to Chemosh, his god. Who was it that brought wrath down upon the Israelites after this sacrifice?

kerwin
    Participant

Quote (mikeboll64 @ June 06 2012,06:08)
    Is that scriptural, Kerwin?

Mike;

Yes, as image is a synonym of form and the new man is created in the image of God.   Put him on as believers are commanded to and you have the form of God.

kerwin
    Participant

Quote (terraricca @ June 06 2012,07:08)

Jammin;

K

T;

Colossians 3:10
    King James Version (KJV)

10 And have put on the new man, which is renewed in knowledge after the image of him that created him:

and

Ephesians 4:24
    King James Version (KJV)

24 And that ye put on the new man, which after God is created in righteousness and true holiness.

Both the above passages mean the same thing. The new man walks in the Spirit and so conforms to the image of God; just as it is written:

Galatians 5:16
    King James Version (KJV)

16 This I say then, Walk in the Spirit, and ye shall not fulfil the lust of the flesh.

Frank4YAHWEH
    Participant

Quote (mikeboll64 @ June 06 2012,12:16)

Mike,

Frank,

Then he took his firstborn son, who was to succeed him as king, and offered him as a sacrifice on the city wall. The wrath against Israel was great; they withdrew and returned to their own land.

Frank, this describes the King of Moab sacrificing his son to Chemosh, his god.  Who was it that brought wrath down upon the Israelites after this sacrifice?

Mike,

Those “Gods” that are in opposition to the true Mighty One Who is Yahweh would properly be referred to as “false Gods” or “so-called gods”.

kerwin
    Participant

Quote (Wakeup @ June 06 2012,06:59)

Jammin;

Kerwin.

No man knoweth who the son is but the father, and no man knoweth who the father is ,but the son; and he whom the son will reveal him.

wakeup.

Wakeup;

“he whom the son will reveal him” is the one in who both Jehovah and Jesus dwell through the Spirit and the one who dwells in both Jehovah and Jesus by the same Spirit.

To any other person Jesus will say, “I never knew you”.

Frank4YAHWEH
    Participant

Mike,

Frank,

Frank, this describes the King of Moab sacrificing his son to Chemosh, his god.  Who was it that brought wrath down upon the Israelites after this sacrifice?

Mike,

Darby Bible Translation
    who changed the truth of God into falsehood, and honoured and served the creature more than him who had created it, who is blessed for ever. Amen (Romans 1:25).

New International Version (©1984)
    For even if there are so-called gods, whether in heaven or on earth [as indeed there are many “gods” and many “lords”],

New Living Translation (©2007)
    There may be so-called gods both in heaven and on earth, and some people actually worship many gods and many lords.

English Standard Version (©2001)
    For although there may be so-called gods in heaven or on earth—as indeed there are many “gods” and many “lords”—

New American Standard Bible (©1995)
    For even if there are so-called gods whether in heaven or on earth, as indeed there are many gods and many lords,

Weymouth New Testament
    For if so-called gods do exist, either in Heaven or on earth–and in fact there are many such gods and many such lords– (1 Corinthians 8:5).

Frank4YAHWEH
    Participant

Mike,

Frank,

Mike,

Can you find the phrase “true god” in reference to any other so-called “God” in Scripture? :D

mikeboll64
    Blocked

Quote (Frank4YAHWEH @ June 05 2012,19:54)

Mike,

Frank,

Mike,

Those “Gods” that are in opposition to the true Mighty One Who is Yahweh would properly be referred to as “false Gods” or “so-called gods”.

Frank,

First of all, I asked you two questions.  Were you going to answer them?

Secondly, Jehovah Himself called Satan “the god of Ekron”.  Notice that Jehovah didn't call him “the false god of Ekron”, or the “so-called god of Ekron”.

Notice also that Paul calls this same god “the god of this age”.  Again, Paul didn't call him “the false god of this age”, or “the so-called god of this age”, did he?

So what YOU think is “proper” really has nothing at all to do with what is SCRIPTURAL.

I wasn't asking for your opinion anyway, but for you to tell me who brought the wrath down upon the Israelites.  And while you're at it, you can tell me who matched many of the signs and wonders Jehovah did through Moses and Aaron before Pharaoh.  Ie:  who turned the Egyptians staffs into snakes, and made water turn to blood, etc.

mikeboll64
    Blocked

Quote (Frank4YAHWEH @ June 05 2012,20:05)

Mike,

Frank,

Mike,

Can you find the phrase “true god” in reference to any other so-called “God” in Scripture? :D

I'm still waiting for YOU to find the phrase “so-called god” or “false god” in any scripture. (Oh, and I guess I should have specified: IN THE GREEK OR HEBREW – not in English transliterations.)

Btw, the words in 1 Cor 1:8 say “……there are THOSE CALLED GODS, both in heaven, and on earth, as indeed there ARE many gods and many lords………….”

There is nothing in the Greek about any “so-called god”. Try again.

terraricca
    Participant

Quote (kerwin @ June 06 2012,19:48)

Quote (terraricca @ June 06 2012,07:08)

Jammin;

K

T;

Colossians 3:10
    King James Version (KJV)

10 And have put on the new man, which is renewed in knowledge after the image of him that created him:

and

Ephesians 4:24
    King James Version (KJV)

24 And that ye put on the new man, which after God is created in righteousness and true holiness.

Both the above passages mean the same thing.  The new man walks in the Spirit and so conforms to the image of God; just as it is written:

Galatians 5:16
    King James Version (KJV)

16 This I say then, Walk in the Spirit, and ye shall not fulfil the lust of the flesh.

K

A human that lives by the Spirit of God has the form of God

your scriptures do not show this ,this you inventing

jammin
    Participant

kerwin,

those verse did not say that they have the form or nature of GOD
    christ has the nature or form of GOD. before he took the form of a MAN, he was in the form of GOD

kerwin
    Participant

Quote (jammin @ June 06 2012,10:18)
    kerwin,

those verse did not say that they have the form or nature of GOD
    christ has the nature or form of GOD. before he took the form of a MAN, he was in the form of GOD

Jammin;

They do but you do not seem to understand English. I already explained that image means the same thing as shape in certain cases. Something you should be aware of as you see your shape in a mirror.

jammin
    Participant

that is just your imagination boy
    they have different meaning
    phil 2.6 is different

Wakeup
    Participant

Quote (kerwin @ June 06 2012,12:56)

Quote (Wakeup @ June 06 2012,06:59)

Jammin;

Kerwin.

wakeup.

Wakeup;

“he whom the son will reveal him” is the one in who both Jehovah and Jesus dwell through the Spirit and the one who dwells in both Jehovah and Jesus by the same Spirit.

To any other person Jesus will say, “I never knew you”.

Kerwin.

What does NO MAN mean to you?

wakeup.

Ed J
    Participant

Quote (mikeboll64 @ June 06 2012,09:46)

Quote (Ed J @ June 05 2012,02:13)
    Hi Mike,

There are other ĔL-ō-Hêêms, but there is no other “God”!

Ed,

If you agree with me that there are “other ĔL-ō-Hêêms”, why do you think Jehovah said that apart from Him, there were NO other ĔL-ō-Hêêms?  (Because Jehovah didn't say He was the only GOD, Ed.  Jehovah said He was the only ĔL-ō-Hêêm, right?)

Yet you just admitted the scriptural truth that there ARE other ĔL-ō-Hêêms, didn't you?

And since scripture says that Jehovah is the ONLY ĔL-ō-Hêêm, and scripture also describes the existence of many other ĔL-ō-Hêêms, what should we conclude?  That scripture is lying about one or the other?  Or that “ONE ĔL-ō-Hêêm” is not meant to be taken LITERALLY, but as a statement of emphasis, placing Jehovah as the Highest of all the ĔL-ō-Hêêms?

Hi Mike,

We've been through this before.
    Hebrew is not as diverse as English is.

The word ĔL-ō-Hêêm encompass many meanings.
    You cannot apply the stringency of Hebrew to English.
    But that is exactly what you are attempting to do. Sorry,
    but I cannot go along with your rudimentary logic here Mike.

Your brother
    in Christ, Jesus.
    Ed J (Joshua 22:34)
    holycitybiblecode.org

Ed J
    Participant

Quote (mikeboll64 @ June 06 2012,09:51)

Quote (Ed J @ June 05 2012,02:26)

Quote (mikeboll64 @ June 05 2012,09:36)

Quote (Nick Hassan @ June 03 2012,21:53)
    Hi MB,
    Are you confused?
    The US is the second part.

Yes Nick,

For me, there is but one God, Jehovah.  He is MY God – the One I worship.

Hi Mike,

Then why do you say there are others also?

God bless
    Ed J

Ed,

For me there is but one Father, Jehovah Almighty.

(1)Does my statement prohibit the existence of other fathers, Ed?

For me there is but one Lord, Jesus Christ.

(2)Does my statement prohibit Jehovah from being my Lord also?  Does it prohibit the existence of other lords?

Mike, we've been through this before as you well know.

1) It eliminates the possibility of other heavenly fathers.

2) The LORD means “The Owner”, and that is JEHOVAH.
    Jesus is JEHOVAH's son, and that makes Jesus owner.

God bless
    Ed J (Joshua 22:34)
    http://www.holycitybiblecode.org

kerwin
    Participant

Quote (jammin @ June 06 2012,14:34)
    that is just your imagination boy
    they have different meaning
    phil 2.6 is different

Jammin;

I already pointed out that a thesaurus states image and shape mean the same thing.  You are arguing against the English language.  I know that calling a reflection in a mirror an image is the same as calling it a shape.

Do you have any evidence that shape in Philippians 2:6 has a different meaning that image in other passages?

Viewing 20 posts - 7,741 through 7,760 (of 25,907 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

© 1999 - 2024 Heaven Net

Navigation

© 1999 - 2023 - Heaven Net
or

or    

Forgot your details?

or

Create Account