JOHN 1:1 who is the WORD?

Viewing 20 posts - 7,721 through 7,740 (of 25,907 total)
  • Author
    NickHassan
    Participant

Hi MB,
    Is this the satan that you should crush under your feet[rom15]?
    A god to you??

terraricca
    Participant

Quote (kerwin @ June 05 2012,20:38)

Quote (mikeboll64 @ June 05 2012,04:37)

Quote (kerwin @ June 03 2012,21:32)
    It is God's creative Word the creates the new man.

Kerwin,

What do you think the title “Word of God” in Rev 19:13 means?  Do you think the rider on the horse is literally spoken words from God?

Mike;

God's spoken Word acts through him and by him.

Kerwin

wen you go to work and your boss give you orders to do this or that are you now become a word of your boss ???so that you are no longer kerwin ???

so you now would be a zambi ????(walking dead)

or do you perform your orders according to your knowledge in regard of what is expected to be ,and so be ONE in mind with your boss and clients request ???

kerwin
    Participant

T;

Scripture testifies that the prophets of old spoke the Word of God as carried along by the Spirit. Jesus not only speaks it but also thinks and does it while carried along by the Spirit. The Words acts with power through and by him to perform many miracles. It even acts to create, through and by him, a new man in those that believe. The new man is a servant of righteousness for he does not sin; it is the old man that sins.

Ed J
    Participant

Quote (mikeboll64 @ June 04 2012,04:55)
    So, in other words, there ARE truly other gods, but not other “Omniscient Creators of All Things”?

Hmmm………….that sounds very familiar – as if I've told you this many times before.

Therefore, although Jehovah is said to be the ONLY savior, there have been many other saviors.  And although Jesus is said to be the ONLY Lord, there have been many other lords.  And although Jehovah is said to be the ONLY god, there have been many other gods.

Are we in agreement yet?  Because this is what I've been preaching for years.

Hi Mike,

There are other ĔL-ō-Hêêms, but there is no other “God”!

God bless
    Ed J (Joshua 22:34)
    http://www.holycitybiblecode.org

Ed J
    Participant

Quote (mikeboll64 @ June 04 2012,04:57)

Quote (Ed J @ June 03 2012,11:50)
    The Hebrew word אלהים ĔL-ō-Hêêm does not carry as strong
    a meaning as the English word “GOD”; which you already know.

Btw Ed, it was the The Hebrew word אלהים ĔL-ō-Hêêm that Jehovah used when He claimed to be the “ONLY one”.

Hi Mike,

Thou shalt have no other ĔL-ō-Hêêms before me. (Ex 20:3)

God bless

Ed J
    Participant

Quote (mikeboll64 @ June 04 2012,10:33)
    First of all, the Word HAS returned to heaven, Kerwin.  So your understanding is flawed.

Hi Mike,

No, “The Word” is still here, it is your understanding that is flawed.

God bless

Ed J
    Participant

Quote (jammin @ June 04 2012,16:09)

Quote (kerwin @ June 04 2012,05:18)

Quote (jammin @ June 03 2012,19:40)

Quote (kerwin @ June 03 2012,04:24)

Quote (jammin @ June 02 2012,18:53)
    thanks for the  answer kerwin

now, christ has the form or nature of God

you said there are many lords and gods. yes the bible says that but they are not like christ.

christ has the same nature as GoD

do these people have the  nature of God? yes or no?

if yes, give me the verse that says that they have the form or nature of God

Jammin;

Main Entry:

image  [im-ij] Show IPA
    Part of Speech: noun
    Definition: representation; counterpart
    Synonyms: angel*, appearance, carbon copy, carbon, carved figure, chip off old block, copy, dead ringer, double, drawing, effigy, equal, equivalent, facsimile, figure, form, icon, idol, illustration, likeness, match, model, photocopy, photograph, picture, portrait, reflection, replica, reproduction, similitude, simulacre, simulacrum, spitting image, statue

I am pointing out that both image and reflection mean the same thing as form in certain contexts.

The new man is created in the form of God's righteousness and holiness and faithful believers grow up into the form of Christ.

My source.

the question is categorical.
    pls answer yes or no

and give the verse that they have the form of GOD

Jammin;

In my experience; such questions tend to be from the Devil; with both answers a snare.   I prefer to answer with Scriptures and those things that aid comprehending the language of Scripture.

you are just making excuses
    the truth is you cant answer the question boy LOL

(Link)

Ed J
    Participant

Quote (mikeboll64 @ June 05 2012,09:36)

Quote (Nick Hassan @ June 03 2012,21:53)
    Hi MB,
    Are you confused?
    The US is the second part.

Yes Nick,

For me, there is but one God, Jehovah.  He is MY God – the One I worship.

Hi Mike,

Then why do you say there are others also?

God bless

jammin
    Participant

Quote (kerwin @ June 05 2012,05:51)

Quote (kerwin @ June 02 2012,23:24)

you said there are many lords and gods. yes the bible says that but they are not like christ.

Jammin;

Main Entry:

image  [im-ij] Show IPA
    Synonyms: angel*, appearance, carbon copy, carbon, carved figure, chip off old block, copy, dead ringer, double, drawing, effigy, equal, equivalent, facsimile, figure, form, icon, idol, illustration, likeness, match, model, photocopy, photograph, picture, portrait, reflection, replica, reproduction, similitude, simulacre, simulacrum, spitting image, statue

I am pointing out that both image and reflection mean the same thing as form in certain contexts.

The new man is created in the form of God's righteousness and holiness and faithful believers grow up into the form of Christ.

My source.

Jammin;

This is the answer to your question; though you may understand or like it.  In case you don't understand that there are other words that mean the same thing as “form” I have included a list of them from a thesaurus and highlighted at least two in the list that Scripture uses.  Image is one of these and “image of his Son” and “image of him that created him” are used in relationship to believers; as it is written:

Romans 8:29
    King James Version (KJV)

29 For whom he did foreknow, he also did predestinate to be conformed to the image of his Son, that he might be the firstborn among many brethren.

and

Colossians 3:10
    King James Version (KJV)

10 And have put on the new man, which is renewed in knowledge after the image of him that created him:

you do not answer my question

do you have the form or nature of GOD just like christ before he took the form of MAN? yes or no?

if yes, give me the verse

terraricca
    Participant

Quote (Ed J @ June 06 2012,02:26)

Hi MB,
    Are you confused?

Yes Nick,

Hi Mike,

God bless

edj

as soon that Satan corrupted Adam he became the god of the new world of corruption ,and the game was started ,confusion about the true God ,still is going on can't you see it ???

Ed J
    Participant

Quote (terraricca @ June 06 2012,07:15)

Quote (Ed J @ June 06 2012,02:26)

Hi MB,
    Are you confused?

Yes Nick,

Hi Mike,

God bless

edj

as soon that Satan corrupted Adam he became the god of the new world of corruption ,and the game was started ,confusion about the true God ,still is going on can't you see it ???

Hi Pierre,

Then you admit there really ain't other gods, right?

God bless

kerwin
    Participant

Quote (jammin @ June 05 2012,18:19)

Jammin;

Main Entry:

image  [im-ij] Show IPA

My source.

Jammin;

This is the answer to your question; though you may understand or like it.  In case you don't understand that there are other words that mean the same thing as “form” I have included a list of them from a thesaurus and highlighted at least two in the list that Scripture uses.  Image is one of these and “image of his Son” and “image of him that created him” are used in relationship to believers; as it is written:

King James Version (KJV)

29 For whom he did foreknow, he also did predestinate to be conformed to the image of his Son, that he might be the firstborn among many brethren.

and

King James Version (KJV)

10 And have put on the new man, which is renewed in knowledge after the image of him that created him:

do you have the form or nature of GOD just like christ before he took the form of MAN? yes or no?

Jammin;

Any one who lives by the Spirit is created in the form of God.

mikeboll64
    Blocked

Quote (kerwin @ June 04 2012,20:38)

Quote (mikeboll64 @ June 05 2012,04:37)

Quote (kerwin @ June 03 2012,21:32)
    It is God's creative Word the creates the new man.

Kerwin,

What do you think the title “Word of God” in Rev 19:13 means?  Do you think the rider on the horse is literally spoken words from God?

Mike;

God's spoken Word acts through him and by him.

Hi Kerwin,

I should have phrased that differently. What I want to know is:

To WHAT does the title “the Word of God” refer in Rev 19:13? Does that phrase refer to literal words that God has spoken? Or to God's main spokesman?

mikeboll64
    Blocked

Quote (Ed J @ June 05 2012,02:13)
    Hi Mike,

Ed,

If you agree with me that there are “other ĔL-ō-Hêêms”, why do you think Jehovah said that apart from Him, there were NO other ĔL-ō-Hêêms?  (Because Jehovah didn't say He was the only GOD, Ed.  Jehovah said He was the only ĔL-ō-Hêêm, right?)

Yet you just admitted the scriptural truth that there ARE other ĔL-ō-Hêêms, didn't you?

And since scripture says that Jehovah is the ONLY ĔL-ō-Hêêm, and scripture also describes the existence of many other ĔL-ō-Hêêms, what should we conclude?  That scripture is lying about one or the other?  Or that “ONE ĔL-ō-Hêêm” is not meant to be taken LITERALLY, but as a statement of emphasis, placing Jehovah as the Highest of all the ĔL-ō-Hêêms?

mikeboll64
    Blocked

Quote (Ed J @ June 05 2012,02:26)

Hi MB,
    Are you confused?

Yes Nick,

Hi Mike,

God bless
    Ed J

Ed,

For me there is but one Father, Jehovah Almighty.

Does my statement prohibit the existence of other fathers, Ed?

For me there is but one Lord, Jesus Christ.

Does my statement prohibit Jehovah from being my Lord also? Does it prohibit the existence of other lords?

NickHassan
    Participant

Hi MB,
    You say
    “Or to God's main spokesman? “

He was not just speaking on behalf of God.
    God SPOKE THROUGH him

jammin
    Participant

Quote (kerwin @ June 06 2012,07:45)

Quote (jammin @ June 05 2012,18:19)

Jammin;

Main Entry:

image  [im-ij] Show IPA

My source.

Jammin;

King James Version (KJV)

and

King James Version (KJV)

Jammin;

Any one who lives by the Spirit is created in the form of God.

you mean, they have the form of GOD? yes or no?

give me the verse if you says yes

kerwin
    Participant

Jammin;

A human that lives by the Spirit of God has the form of God because the Spirit has the form of God.

mikeboll64
    Blocked

Is that scriptural, Kerwin?

Frank4YAHWEH
    Participant

Quote (mikeboll64 @ June 06 2012,09:46)

Quote (Ed J @ June 05 2012,02:13)
    Hi Mike,

Ed,

If you agree with me that there are “other ĔL-ō-Hêêms”, why do you think Jehovah said that apart from Him, there were NO other ĔL-ō-Hêêms?  (Because Jehovah didn't say He was the only GOD, Ed.  Jehovah said He was the only ĔL-ō-Hêêm, right?)

Yet you just admitted the scriptural truth that there ARE other ĔL-ō-Hêêms, didn't you?

And since scripture says that Jehovah is the ONLY ĔL-ō-Hêêm, and scripture also describes the existence of many other ĔL-ō-Hêêms, what should we conclude?  That scripture is lying about one or the other?  Or that “ONE ĔL-ō-Hêêm” is not meant to be taken LITERALLY, but as a statement of emphasis, placing Jehovah as the Highest of all the ĔL-ō-Hêêms?

Mike,

There Is A True Mighty One And There Are False Mighty Ones

Yahweh said that He was the ONLY TRUE Mighty One (“Elohim”). All other so-called “Gods” are nothing but mere idols and we know that an idol is nothing and powerless.

Now this is eternal life: that they may know You, the only true Mighty One, and Yahshua Messiah, whom You have sent (Yahchanan 17:3).

We know also that the son of Yahweh has come and has given us understanding, so that we may know Him Who is true. And we are in Him Who is true–even in His son Yahshua Messiah. He [Yahweh] is the true Mighty One and eternal life (1 Yahchanan 5:20).

For all the gods of the nations are idols, but Yahweh made the heavens (Psalm 96:5).

Little children, keep yourselves from idols. So be it (1 Yahchanan 5:21).

So then, about eating food set apart to idols: We know that an idol is nothing at all in the world and that there is no Mighty One but one (1 Corinthians 8:4).

For the customs of the nations are worthless; they cut a tree out of the forest, and a craftsman shapes it with his chisel. They adorn it with silver and gold; they fasten it with hammer and nails so it will not totter. Like a scarecrow in a melon patch, their idols cannot speak; they must be carried because they cannot walk. Do not fear them; they can do no harm nor can they do anything righteous. No one is like You, O Yahweh; You are great, and Your Name is mighty in power. Who should not revere You, O King of the nations? This is Your due. Among all the wise men of the nations and in all their kingdoms, there is no one like You. They are all senseless and foolish; they are taught by worthless wooden idols. Hammered silver is brought from Tarshish and gold from Uphaz. What the craftsman and goldsmith have made is then dressed in blue and purple–all made by skilled workers. But Yahweh is the true Mighty One; He is the living Mighty One, the eternal King. When He is angry, the earth trembles; the nations cannot endure His wrath. Tell them this: “These gods, who did not make the heavens and the earth, will perish from the earth and from under the heavens. But Yahweh made the earth by His power; He founded the world by His wisdom and stretched out the heavens by His understanding. When He thunders, the waters in the heavens roar; He makes clouds rise from the ends of the earth. He sends lightning with the rain and brings out the wind from His storehouses. Everyone is senseless and without knowledge; every goldsmith is shamed by his idols. His images are a fraud; they have no breath in them. They are worthless, the objects of mockery; when their judgment comes, they will perish. He who is the Portion of Yaaqob is not like these, for He is the Maker of all things, including Ysryl, the tribe of His inheritance–Yahweh Almighty is His Name.  (Yeremyah 10:3-16).

Consider the people of Ysryl: Do not those who eat the sacrifices participate in the altar? Do I mean then that a sacrifice offered to an idol is anything, or that an idol is anything? No, but the sacrifices of pagans are offered to demons, not to Yahweh, and I do not want you to be participants with demons. You cannot drink the cup of Yahweh and the cup of demons too; you cannot have a part in both Yahweh's table and the table of demons. Are we trying to arouse Yahweh's being zealous? Are we stronger than He? Someone may say, “I'm allowed to do anything,” but not everything is righteous. “I'm allowed to do anything,” but not everything encourages growth (1 Corinthians 10:18-23).

Be still, and know that I am Yahweh; I will be exalted among the nations, I will be exalted in the earth (Psalm 46:10).

They exchanged the truth of Yahweh for a lie, and worshiped and served created things rather than the Creator–Who is forever praised. So be it (Romans 1:25).

ELOHIM: ONE, OR MORE THAN ONE?

Viewing 20 posts - 7,721 through 7,740 (of 25,907 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

© 1999 - 2024 Heaven Net

Navigation

© 1999 - 2023 - Heaven Net
or

or    

Forgot your details?

or

Create Account