JOHN 1:1 who is the WORD?

Viewing 20 posts - 7,701 through 7,720 (of 25,907 total)
  • Author
    mikeboll64
    Blocked

Quote (Nick Hassan @ June 03 2012,16:29)
    Hi MB,
    No lesser god is even spoken of in scripture

Well, let's see.  If there is One who is the God MOST HIGH, and that One is the God OF gods, then it stands to reason that those other gods are “lesser” than the Most High God.   ???

Nick, go play with someone else for a while, okay?

NickHassan
    Participant

Hi MB,
    Exactly.
    God anointed Jesus of Nazareth with the Holy Spirit and power.

mikeboll64
    Blocked

Quote (kerwin @ June 03 2012,17:21)

Quote (mikeboll64 @ June 04 2012,04:28)

Quote (kerwin @ June 03 2012,16:02)
    It is also written that every knee shall bow, every tongue shall swear at the name of Jesus.

Using YOUR understanding of Is 45:23, wouldn't this be even MORE proof that Jesus is the Word of John 1?  ???

I don't see how you're trying to use this scripture to negate Jesus being the Word in John 1.

Mike

God states it is his spoken Word that goes out and will not return until every knee bows and every mouth confesses the glory of God.

First of all, the Word HAS returned to heaven, Kerwin.  So your understanding is flawed.

Secondly, God is speaking about all knees bowing to HIM (not His spoken words), as is evident from the LXX translation.

Thirdly, even if we use your flawed interpretation, why can't this “word” that God sent forth be Jesus?

Kerwin, God is saying, “This is my promise, I have spoken it and it will surely come to pass…….. that before this is all over, every single knee will bow to ME and not to the other gods who didn't create the heavens, the earth, and everything in them.”

You are purposely twisting an easy scripture into nonsense simply because you don't WANT to accept the clear and obvious meaning of John 1.

NickHassan
    Participant

Hi MB,
    You say.
    ” it stands to reason”

Reason is not the ultimate test.
    Scripture is truth.

mikeboll64
    Blocked

Quote (Nick Hassan @ June 03 2012,17:33)
    Hi MB,
    Exactly.
    God anointed Jesus of Nazareth with the Holy Spirit and power.

Yep. So what's your point?

mikeboll64
    Blocked

Quote (Nick Hassan @ June 03 2012,17:36)
    Hi MB,
    You say.
    ” it stands to reason”

Reason is not the ultimate test.
    Scripture is truth.

Nick, are there lesser gods, or are all the gods mentioned in the scriptures exactly as great as God Most High?

NickHassan
    Participant

Hi MB,
    FOR YOU are there more gods?
    Join the US of 1 cor8

NickHassan
    Participant

Hi MB,
    In Christ we are above the angels who are as ministering spirits.-[Heb4]
    Are these the gods you speak of?

mikeboll64
    Blocked

Quote (Nick Hassan @ June 03 2012,18:40)
    Hi MB,
    FOR YOU are there more gods?
    Join the US of 1 cor8

Which part, Nick? The part where Paul tells us that indeed there are many gods, both in heaven and on earth? Or the part where he tells us to align our allegiance to only the God OF all those other gods?

kerwin
    Participant

Mike;

Isaiah 45:23
    King James Version (KJV)

23 I have sworn by myself, the word is gone out of my mouth in righteousness, and shall not return, That unto me every knee shall bow, every tongue shall swear.

and

Isaiah 55:11

King James Version (KJV)

11 So shall my word be that goeth forth out of my mouth: it shall not return unto me void, but it shall accomplish that which I please, and it shall prosper in the thing whereto I sent it.

It is return as in turn back.

shub: to turn back, return

This is my source.

It is God's creative Word the creates the new man.

NickHassan
    Participant

Hi MB,
    Are you confused?
    The US is the second part.

jammin
    Participant

Quote (kerwin @ June 04 2012,05:18)

Quote (jammin @ June 03 2012,19:40)

Quote (kerwin @ June 03 2012,04:24)

Quote (jammin @ June 02 2012,18:53)
    thanks for the  answer kerwin

now, christ has the form or nature of God

you said there are many lords and gods. yes the bible says that but they are not like christ.

christ has the same nature as GoD

do these people have the  nature of God? yes or no?

if yes, give me the verse that says that they have the form or nature of God

Jammin;

Main Entry:

image  [im-ij] Show IPA
    Part of Speech: noun
    Definition: representation; counterpart
    Synonyms: angel*, appearance, carbon copy, carbon, carved figure, chip off old block, copy, dead ringer, double, drawing, effigy, equal, equivalent, facsimile, figure, form, icon, idol, illustration, likeness, match, model, photocopy, photograph, picture, portrait, reflection, replica, reproduction, similitude, simulacre, simulacrum, spitting image, statue

I am pointing out that both image and reflection mean the same thing as form in certain contexts.

The new man is created in the form of God's righteousness and holiness and faithful believers grow up into the form of Christ.

My source.

the question is categorical.
    pls answer yes or no

and give the verse that they have the form of GOD

Jammin;

In my experience; such questions tend to be from the Devil; with both answers a snare.   I prefer to answer with Scriptures and those things that aid comprehending the language of Scripture.

you are just making excuses
    the truth is you cant answer the question boy LOL

kerwin
    Participant

Quote (kerwin @ June 02 2012,23:24)

Quote (jammin @ June 02 2012,18:53)
    thanks for the  answer kerwin

now, christ has the form or nature of God

you said there are many lords and gods. yes the bible says that but they are not like christ.

christ has the same nature as GoD

do these people have the  nature of God? yes or no?

if yes, give me the verse that says that they have the form or nature of God

Jammin;

Main Entry:

image  [im-ij] Show IPA
    Part of Speech: noun
    Definition: representation; counterpart
    Synonyms: angel*, appearance, carbon copy, carbon, carved figure, chip off old block, copy, dead ringer, double, drawing, effigy, equal, equivalent, facsimile, figure, form, icon, idol, illustration, likeness, match, model, photocopy, photograph, picture, portrait, reflection, replica, reproduction, similitude, simulacre, simulacrum, spitting image, statue

I am pointing out that both image and reflection mean the same thing as form in certain contexts.

The new man is created in the form of God's righteousness and holiness and faithful believers grow up into the form of Christ.

My source.

Jammin;

This is the answer to your question; though you may understand or like it. In case you don't understand that there are other words that mean the same thing as “form” I have included a list of them from a thesaurus and highlighted at least two in the list that Scripture uses. Image is one of these and “image of his Son” and “image of him that created him” are used in relationship to believers; as it is written:

Romans 8:29
    King James Version (KJV)

29 For whom he did foreknow, he also did predestinate to be conformed to the image of his Son, that he might be the firstborn among many brethren.

and

Colossians 3:10
    King James Version (KJV)

10 And have put on the new man, which is renewed in knowledge after the image of him that created him:

mikeboll64
    Blocked

Quote (Nick Hassan @ June 03 2012,21:53)
    Hi MB,
    Are you confused?
    The US is the second part.

Yes Nick,

For me, there is but one God, Jehovah. He is MY God – the One I worship.

But that doesn't make those other gods in heaven and on earth just disappear, does it?

mikeboll64
    Blocked

Quote (kerwin @ June 03 2012,21:32)

Kerwin,

What do you think the title “Word of God” in Rev 19:13 means? Do you think the rider on the horse is literally spoken words from God?

NickHassan
    Participant

Hi MB,
    Are they angelic?
    If you are in Christ you are greater than angels.

So why are they gods to you??

mikeboll64
    Blocked

Right now I'm greater than a worm. But they're still called “worms” because that's what they are.

Satan is the god of this world because scripture says he is. Who am I to up and decide for myself that he is not, just because I don't WANT him to be?

If they are not gods, then Jehovah is not the God of gods. If they are not lesser gods, then Jehovah is not the Most High God.

But, according to scripture, they ARE gods, and Jehovah IS the God of gods and the Most High God.

NickHassan
    Participant

Hi MB,
    So?

Surely you are not of the world?
    If you are of the world satan would be your god.

mikeboll64
    Blocked

Jehovah is my God, Nick. But I ask you, does that mean that Satan is no longer a god at all – just because he's not MY god?

kerwin
    Participant

Quote (mikeboll64 @ June 05 2012,04:37)

Quote (kerwin @ June 03 2012,21:32)

Kerwin,

What do you think the title “Word of God” in Rev 19:13 means?  Do you think the rider on the horse is literally spoken words from God?

Mike;

God's spoken Word acts through him and by him.

Viewing 20 posts - 7,701 through 7,720 (of 25,907 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

© 1999 - 2024 Heaven Net

Navigation

© 1999 - 2023 - Heaven Net
or

or    

Forgot your details?

or

Create Account