JOHN 1:1 who is the WORD?

Viewing 20 posts - 7,641 through 7,660 (of 25,907 total)
  • Author
    mikeboll64
    Blocked

Why would you say that, Nick? Please show me where I've displayed such a misunderstanding.

Ed J
    Participant

Quote (mikeboll64 @ June 01 2012,13:19)

Quote (Ed J @ May 31 2012,19:29)

Quote (mikeboll64 @ June 01 2012,10:59)
    The only destination I offer is what the scriptures truly teach – no matter what's popular in today's society.

Today, Kerwin has joined the ranks of Pierre and me by adding his own voice to the scriptural truth that Jesus is a god, but not The God.  

That is the scriptural fact of the matter; and accepting scriptural truth – however unpopular – is always a step in the right direction.

Why do you work to discredit Isa 44:8?

“Ye are even my witnesses.
    Is there 'a God' beside me? yea,
    there is 'no God'; I know not any.” (Isa 44:8)

God bless
    Ed J

Isaiah 43:11
    I, even I, am the LORD, and apart from me there is no savior.

Isaiah 45:21
    And there is no God apart from me, a righteous God and a Savior; there is none but me.

Ed, now compare:
    Nehemiah 9:27
    Then in the time of their suffering they cried out to you and you heard them from heaven, and according to your great mercies you gave them saviors who saved them from the hands of their enemies.

Acts 13:23
    From this man’s descendants God has brought to Israel the Savior Jesus, as he promised.

Ed, how can Jehovah say He is the ONLY Savior, yet still SEND other saviors for His people?  Were Nehemiah, Paul, and Peter all “working to discredit” God's word?  Or could it be, like I've showed you over and over, that you are misunderstanding phrases like “only god” and “only lord” and “only savior”?

Hi Mike,

GET YOUR FACTS STRAIGHT

Jesus’ authentic Name [יהשוע] YÄ-shü-ă has a direct connection to GOD’s name [יה]
    in that YÄ is the first part of Jesus’ “REAL” name. GOD’s name is not vocalized
    in the English translation of the name Jesus and therefore misses the precise exactness
    and direct authentic connection to God’s Hebrew name [יה] YÄ. Jesus’ Name in Hebrew
    יהשוע means: (“YÄ is salvation” [יה]+[ישע]=[יהשוע]) the salvation of [GOD the Father=117].
    [יהשוע] “Jesus” REAL name authentically establishes [יהוה] “JEHOVAH” as the highest Name. (Psalm 83:18)

(Phil. 2:9,11: Wherefore [Holy Spirit] has highly exalted [Jesus] giving Him a name
    which is above every name, to the glory of [GOD The Father=117].) Neither is there salvation
    in any other name: for there is no other name given among men (יהשוע), whereby we must be
    saved. (Acts 4:12) People speaking fluent Hebrew know that in essence, [יהשוע] YÄ-shü-ă
    means: “YÄ is Savior”. The Name of [GOD=26] is [יהוה=26] spoken as [YÄ=26]; and “YÄ-hä-vā”!

“The Savior”=117 is “GOD The Father”=117, (117=”יהוה האלהים” YÄ-hä-vā hä ĔL- ō-Hêêm)!
    And He is Savior to all who walk the ground! “JEHOVAH GOD”; and there is ‘NO’ other! (Isaiah 43:11)

Witnessing to the world in behalf of… (Psalm 45:17)
    117=יהוה האלהים(JEHOVAH GOD) YÄ-hä-vā hä ĔL-ō-Hêêm!
    Ed J (AKJV Joshua 22:34 Isaiah 60:13-15)
    http://www.holycitybiblecode.org

NickHassan
    Participant

Hi MB,
    God saves.
    God is salvation.

kerwin
    Participant

Quote (mikeboll64 @ June 01 2012,04:44)

Quote (kerwin @ May 30 2012,00:56)
    Provided the punctuation is correct and John is not speaking of the Only Begotten of God then he is speaking of the Word and not Jesus though the Word is doing all things through Jesus at that time.   John 1:30 applies the same words to Jesus Christ because the Word continuously does all things through him.

Hmmmmmmmm…………

John the Baptist says very specific words about one called “the Word”, and then says those same specific words about one called “Jesus”, right?

So what is it that you're saying, Kerwin?  That John said those specific words first about “the Word” (not Jesus), and THEN about Jesus?

Am I understanding you correctly?

Mike;

I am convinced that Jesus, who was made of women, first was called by the name of the Word when the Word was made flesh by being united with it.

John is teaching us of the two that are united; even the Word, conceived of God, and Jesus, conceived of Mary.  Jesus and the Word were walking as one when John the Baptist spoke of the union. The first time it is mentioned John, not the Baptist, is teaching of the Word; while the second time he is teaching of Jesus. It was the same event from two different viewpoints.

terraricca
    Participant

Quote (Ed J @ June 01 2012,20:42)

Quote (mikeboll64 @ June 01 2012,13:19)

Quote (Ed J @ May 31 2012,19:29)

Quote (mikeboll64 @ June 01 2012,10:59)
    The only destination I offer is what the scriptures truly teach – no matter what's popular in today's society.

Today, Kerwin has joined the ranks of Pierre and me by adding his own voice to the scriptural truth that Jesus is a god, but not The God.  

That is the scriptural fact of the matter; and accepting scriptural truth – however unpopular – is always a step in the right direction.

Why do you work to discredit Isa 44:8?

“Ye are even my witnesses.
    Is there 'a God' beside me? yea,
    there is 'no God'; I know not any.” (Isa 44:8)

God bless
    Ed J

Isaiah 43:11
    I, even I, am the LORD, and apart from me there is no savior.

Isaiah 45:21
    And there is no God apart from me, a righteous God and a Savior; there is none but me.

Ed, now compare:
    Nehemiah 9:27
    Then in the time of their suffering they cried out to you and you heard them from heaven, and according to your great mercies you gave them saviors who saved them from the hands of their enemies.

Acts 13:23
    From this man’s descendants God has brought to Israel the Savior Jesus, as he promised.

Ed, how can Jehovah say He is the ONLY Savior, yet still SEND other saviors for His people?  Were Nehemiah, Paul, and Peter all “working to discredit” God's word?  Or could it be, like I've showed you over and over, that you are misunderstanding phrases like “only god” and “only lord” and “only savior”?

Hi Mike,

GET YOUR FACTS STRAIGHT

Jesus’ authentic Name [יהשוע] YÄ-shü-ă has a direct connection to GOD’s name [יה]
    in that YÄ is the first part of Jesus’ “REAL” name. GOD’s name is not vocalized
    in the English translation of the name Jesus and therefore misses the precise exactness
    and direct authentic connection to God’s Hebrew name [יה] YÄ. Jesus’ Name in Hebrew
    יהשוע means: (“YÄ is salvation” [יה]+[ישע]=[יהשוע]) the salvation of [GOD the Father=117].
    [יהשוע] “Jesus” REAL name authentically establishes [יהוה] “JEHOVAH” as the highest Name. (Psalm 83:18)

(Phil. 2:9,11: Wherefore [Holy Spirit] has highly exalted [Jesus] giving Him a name
    which is above every name, to the glory of [GOD The Father=117].) Neither is there salvation
    in any other name: for there is no other name given among men (יהשוע), whereby we must be
    saved. (Acts 4:12) People speaking fluent Hebrew know that in essence, [יהשוע] YÄ-shü-ă
    means: “YÄ is Savior”. The Name of [GOD=26] is [יהוה=26] spoken as [YÄ=26]; and “YÄ-hä-vā”!

“The Savior”=117 is “GOD The Father”=117, (117=”יהוה האלהים” YÄ-hä-vā hä ĔL- ō-Hêêm)!
    And He is Savior to all who walk the ground! “JEHOVAH GOD”; and there is ‘NO’ other! (Isaiah 43:11)

Witnessing to the world in behalf of… (Psalm 45:17)
    117=יהוה האלהים(JEHOVAH GOD) YÄ-hä-vā hä ĔL-ō-Hêêm!
    Ed J (AKJV Joshua 22:34 Isaiah 60:13-15)

edj

still in distraction :D :D :D

terraricca
    Participant

Quote (kerwin @ June 02 2012,05:24)

Quote (mikeboll64 @ June 01 2012,04:44)

Quote (kerwin @ May 30 2012,00:56)
    Provided the punctuation is correct and John is not speaking of the Only Begotten of God then he is speaking of the Word and not Jesus though the Word is doing all things through Jesus at that time.   John 1:30 applies the same words to Jesus Christ because the Word continuously does all things through him.

Hmmmmmmmm…………

John the Baptist says very specific words about one called “the Word”, and then says those same specific words about one called “Jesus”, right?

So what is it that you're saying, Kerwin?  That John said those specific words first about “the Word” (not Jesus), and THEN about Jesus?

Am I understanding you correctly?

Mike;

I am convinced that Jesus, who was made of women, first was called by the name of the Word when the Word was made flesh by being united with it.

John is teaching us of the two that are united; even the Word, conceived of God, and Jesus, conceived of Mary.  Jesus and the Word were walking as one when John the Baptist spoke of the union. The first time it is mentioned John, not the Baptist, is teaching of the Word; while the second time he is teaching of Jesus. It was the same event from two different viewpoints.

k

John is teaching us of the two that are united; even the Word, conceived of God, and Jesus, conceived of Mary.

were is that in scriptures???

NickHassan
    Participant

Yes KW

kerwin
    Participant

Quote (terraricca @ June 01 2012,20:06)
    k

John is teaching us of the two that are united; even the Word, conceived of God, and Jesus, conceived of Mary.

were is that in scriptures???

T;

Jesus, conceived of Mary.

Luke 1:31
    King James Version (KJV)

31 And, behold, thou shalt conceive in thy womb, and bring forth a son, and shalt call his name Jesus.

and

Luke 2:21
    King James Version (KJV)

21 And when eight days were accomplished for the circumcising of the child, his name was called Jesus, which was so named of the angel before he was conceived in the womb.

even the Word, conceived of God

conceive as:

to form (a notion, opinion, purpose, etc.): He conceived the project while he was on vacation.

Jehovah forms his Word.

Isaiah 45:23
    King James Version (KJV)

23 I have sworn by myself, the word is gone out of my mouth in righteousness, and shall not return, That unto me every knee shall bow, every tongue shall swear.

the two that are united

John 14:10
    King James Version (KJV)

10 Believest thou not that I am in the Father, and the Father in me? the words that I speak unto you I speak not of myself: but the Father that dwelleth in me, he doeth the works.

Note: Definition from here.

terraricca
    Participant

K

Isa 45:22 “Turn to me and be saved,
    all you ends of the earth;
    for I am God, and there is no other.
    Isa 45:23 By myself I have sworn,
    my mouth has uttered in all integrity
    a word that will not be revoked:
    Before me every knee will bow;
    by me every tongue will swear.
    Isa 45:24 They will say of me, ‘In the LORD alone
    are righteousness and strength.’ ”
    All who have raged against him
    will come to him and be put to shame.

conceive as:

to form (a notion, opinion, purpose, etc.): He conceived the project while he was on vacation.

Jehovah forms his Word.

beats me ,were you see those things,

the two that are united

John 14:10
    King James Version (KJV)

10 Believest thou not that I am in the Father, and the Father in me? the words that I speak unto you I speak not of myself: but the Father that dwelleth in me, he doeth the works.

Jn 14:11 Believe me when I say that I am in the Father and the Father is in me; or at least believe on the evidence of the miracles themselves.

your understanding is narrow minded to say the least,

Luke 1:31
    King James Version (KJV)

31 And, behold, thou shalt conceive in thy womb, and bring forth a son, and shalt call his name Jesus.

yes she was a surrogate mother ,because she only bears the child that God as put in her womb

Ed J
    Participant

Hi Pierre,

Isn't the child conceived outside the womb,
    when a woman is merely a surrogate mother?

God bless
    Ed J (Joshua 22:34)

mikeboll64
    Blocked

Quote (Ed J @ May 31 2012,20:42)
    Hi Mike,

GET YOUR FACTS STRAIGHT

Ed, your post didn't answer these questions:

Ed, how can Jehovah say He is the ONLY Savior, yet still SEND other saviors for His people?  

Were Nehemiah, Paul, and Peter all “working to discredit” God's word? (Because all of them mention saviors who aren't Jehovah) 

Or could it be, like I've showed you over and over, that you are misunderstanding phrases like “only god” and “only lord” and “only savior”?

mikeboll64
    Blocked

Quote (kerwin @ June 01 2012,05:24)
    Mike;

And who or what was “the Word” before it “united with” the human being Jesus?

kerwin
    Participant

Quote (mikeboll64 @ June 02 2012,06:33)

Mike;

Mike;

King James Version (KJV)

23 I have sworn by myself, the word is gone out of my mouth in righteousness, and shall not return, That unto me every knee shall bow, every tongue shall swear.

Some related Scriptures.

Romans 14
    King James Version (KJV)

10 But why dost thou judge thy brother? or why dost thou set at nought thy brother? for we shall all stand before the judgment seat of Christ.
    11 For it is written, As I live, saith the Lord, every knee shall bow to me, and every tongue shall confess to God.

and

Philippians 2:10
    King James Version (KJV)

10 That at the name of Jesus every knee should bow, of things in heaven, and things in earth, and things under the earth;

Ed J
    Participant

Quote (mikeboll64 @ June 02 2012,11:21)

Quote (Ed J @ May 31 2012,20:42)
    Hi Mike,

GET YOUR FACTS STRAIGHT

Ed, your post didn't answer these questions:

Ed, how can Jehovah say He is the ONLY Savior, yet still SEND other saviors for His people?  

Were Nehemiah, Paul, and Peter all “working to discredit” God's word?  (Because all of them mention saviors who aren't Jehovah) 

Or could it be, like I've showed you over and over, that you are misunderstanding phrases like “only god” and “only lord” and “only savior”?

Hi Mike,

JEHOVAH is the savior behind those acting as his saving arm.
    Jesus name means: (“YÄ is salvation” [יה]+[ישע]=[יהשוע])

That is the meaning of this…
    God has given him a name which is above every name. (Phil 2:9)

God bless

terraricca
    Participant

Quote (Ed J @ June 02 2012,15:51)
    Hi Pierre,

Isn't the child conceived outside the womb,
    when a woman is merely a surrogate mother?

God bless

edj

then according to you Mary his the mother of God ????

did the word surrogate existed in those days ????

and you still do not answer how Mary got pragnet and by whom ????

who is the father ,if you say it is the holy spirit then Christ lied when he says that his father his God almighty,

so you know better than Christ the only begotten son of God ,and the first of all creation ,and trough him all has been created

mikeboll64
    Blocked

Quote (kerwin @ June 01 2012,18:48)

Mike;

Mike;

King James Version (KJV)

Hi Kerwin,

I can't tell from the scriptures you posted what your answer is. Please answer the question DIRECTLY. :)

mikeboll64
    Blocked

Quote (Ed J @ June 01 2012,19:11)
    Hi Mike,

But Jehovah is not the very saviors that He sent, is He?  So how can He say that He is the ONLY savior, when there were obviously others?

Ed J
    Participant

Quote (mikeboll64 @ June 02 2012,12:32)

Quote (Ed J @ June 01 2012,19:11)
    Hi Mike,

But Jehovah is not the very saviors that He sent, is He?  So how can He say that He is the ONLY savior, when there were obviously others?

Hi Mike,

Gideon wrought a great salvation in Israel acting as JEHOVAH's arm.
    Moses also wrought a great salvation in Israel acting as JEHOVAH's arm.
    JEHOVAH is The Savior; Jesus is called our savior, sitting at God's right hand.

God bless

kerwin
    Participant

Quote (mikeboll64 @ June 02 2012,07:27)

Quote (kerwin @ June 01 2012,18:48)

Mike;

Mike;

King James Version (KJV)

Hi Kerwin,

I can't tell from the scriptures you posted what your answer is.  Please answer the question DIRECTLY.  :)

Mike;

It is the Word that Jehovah declare has “gone out of my mouth” so that at the name of Jesus every knee should bow.

jammin
    Participant

kerwin,

boy i dont believe in your opinion

i believe what the bible says.

Christ is LORD and GOD!

john 20.28
    thomas said to jesus, my LORD and my GOD!

Viewing 20 posts - 7,641 through 7,660 (of 25,907 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

© 1999 - 2024 Heaven Net

Navigation

© 1999 - 2023 - Heaven Net
or

or    

Forgot your details?

or

Create Account