JOHN 1:1 who is the WORD?

Viewing 20 posts - 7,601 through 7,620 (of 25,907 total)
  • Author
    terraricca
    Participant

Quote (Nick Hassan @ May 30 2012,15:45)
    hi,
    The book of John is about the Word becoming Jesus Christ that you might have life in him.

N

and Lk 1:1 Many have undertaken to draw up an account of the things that have been fulfilled among us,
    Lk 1:2 just as they were handed down to us by those who from the first were eyewitnesses and servants of the Word.

Jn 15:21 They will treat you this way because of my name, for they do not know the One who sent me.

2Jn 1:2 because of the truth, which lives in us and will be with us forever:

Jesus answered, “You are right in saying I am a king. In fact, for this reason I was born, and for this I came into the world, to testify to the truth. Everyone on the side of truth listens to me.”

1Jn 4:6 We are from God, and whoever knows God listens to us; but whoever is not from God does not listen to us. This is how we recognize the Spirit of truth and the spirit of falsehood.

Mk 14:61 But Jesus remained silent and gave no answer.
    Again the high priest asked him, “Are you the Christ, the Son of the Blessed One?”
    Mk 14:62 “I am,” said Jesus. “And you will see the Son of Man sitting at the right hand of the Mighty One and coming on the clouds of heaven.”

Lk 22:25 Jesus said to them, “The kings of the Gentiles lord it over them; and those who exercise authority over them call themselves Benefactors.
    Lk 22:26 But you are not to be like that. Instead, the greatest among you should be like the youngest, and the one who rules like the one who serves.
    Lk 22:27 For who is greater, the one who is at the table or the one who serves? Is it not the one who is at the table? But I am among you as one who serves.
    Lk 22:28 You are those who have stood by me in my trials.
    Lk 22:29 And I confer on you a kingdom, just as my Father conferred one on me,
    Lk 22:30 so that you may eat and drink at my table in my kingdom and sit on thrones, judging the twelve tribes of Israel.

Mt 25:31 “When the Son of Man comes in his glory, and all the angels with him, he will sit on his throne in heavenly glory.
    Mt 25:32 All the nations will be gathered before him, and he will separate the people one from another as a shepherd separates the sheep from the goats.

NickHassan
    Participant

Hi T,
    Yes he has been transformed by the Word into a mighty leader, the Son of God.
    We follow him into that blessing

mikeboll64
    Blocked

Quote (kerwin @ May 29 2012,11:27)

Quote (mikeboll64 @ May 29 2012,04:34)

Well, let's see, Kerwin:  Jesus, as God's only begotten Son, surely dwelled on earth with the glory of God's only begotten, right?

Who else did?

Mike;

I have no problem with claiming that the Word has a glory as of Jesus Christ; since that is inferred by Scripture.

So, in your understanding, there were TWO who dwelled on earth with the glory of God's only begotten – both Jesus Christ, the actual Son of God, and the Word?

terraricca
    Participant

Quote (Nick Hassan @ May 30 2012,16:12)
    Hi T,
    Yes he has been transformed by the Word into a mighty leader, the Son of God.
    We follow him into that blessing

N

:( I have to shake my head

kerwin
    Participant

Quote (mikeboll64 @ May 30 2012,04:23)

Quote (kerwin @ May 29 2012,11:27)

Quote (mikeboll64 @ May 29 2012,04:34)

Well, let's see, Kerwin:  Jesus, as God's only begotten Son, surely dwelled on earth with the glory of God's only begotten, right?

Who else did?

Mike;

I have no problem with claiming that the Word has a glory as of Jesus Christ; since that is inferred by Scripture.

So, in your understanding, there were TWO who dwelled on earth with the glory of God's only begotten – both Jesus Christ, the actual Son of God, and the Word?

Mike,

I just replaced Only begotten with Jesus Christ;since he is the only begotten Son of God. John 1:14 stated the rest.

We beheld the Word's glory, the glory as of the only begotten Son of Jehovah; Jesus Christ.

That certainly looks like the Word and the Only begotten are two different things with glories that are like one another.

I believe Jesus is the preeminent Son of God through who all others are born through the Word.

mikeboll64
    Blocked

Quote (kerwin @ May 29 2012,17:40)
    I just replaced Only begotten with Jesus Christ;since he is the only begotten Son of God.

I agree, as that is the ONLY logical scenario.  After all, we all know that Jesus Christ is the only begotten of God, and would naturally possess the glory of the only begotten of God.

John 1:14 stated the rest.

Here is where you run into trouble.  For one thing, look at 1:14 in context:

14 The Word became flesh and made his dwelling among us. We have seen his glory, the glory of the only begotten from the Father, full of grace and truth.

15 John testifies concerning him. He cries out, saying, “This was he of whom I said,'He who comes after me has surpassed me because he was before me.’”

Do you see how the pronouns “his” in verse 14 refer to the same subject as the pronoun “him” in verse 15?  Whatever or whoever became flesh is the same thing/person about whom John said the green words above.  And we know from verses 29 and 30 that these words were said about Jesus.

But that's only your first problem, Kerwin, because you said:

That certainly looks like the Word and the Only begotten are two different things with glories that are like one another.

Why would anyone except for the only begotten Son of God possess the glory of the only begotten Son of God?  Right off the bat, we're moving into nonsense territory with this claim.

Plus, understanding that there are two is going to open up the same problems Nick has with his understanding.  We can get to those many problems after you explain the green words of John the Baptist above, because I wanted to keep the post short.

jammin
    Participant

kerwin

make your own bible.

i believe what the bible says

John 20:28

Common English Bible (CEB)

28 Thomas responded to Jesus, “My Lord and my God!”

Ed J
    Participant

Quote (jammin @ May 30 2012,12:05)
    kerwin

make your own bible.

Hi Jammin, 2 Cor 5:19 spells out clearly why Thomas said what he said…

Thomas said: unless I see and touch I will not believe.

Jesus said to Philip: (John 14:11) Believe me that I in the Father,
          and the Father in me: “or else” believe me for the very works sake.
          Thomas believed THE WORK of God the Father!

To wit, that  God was in Christ,  reconciling the world unto himself” (2 Cor 5:19)
          Thomas said My Lord and my God  because Thomas finally believed
          what Jesus told Philip: to believe for THE VERY WORKS SAKE!

God bless
    Ed J (Joshua 22:34)
    http://www.holycitybiblecode.org

Ed J
    Participant

Hi Jammin,

I suggest that you don't make your own bible.

God bless

Wakeup
    Participant

Quote (Nick Hassan @ Feb. 18 2012,19:15)
    Hi,
    The Spirit of Christ is the WORD.
    The testimony of Jesus is the Spirit of prophecy[rev19]

Hi Nick.

Agree: the spirit of truth is in the word,and Jesus is the word,the truth is in him.(inside him).
    And the word was made flesh and dwelleth amongst us.
    The word is the word of God that created all things.
    God is truth; what comes out of the mouth of God(his word) is truth.

wakeup.

Ed J
    Participant

Quote (Ed J @ May 30 2012,12:51)

To wit, that  God was in Christ,  reconciling the world unto himself” (2 Cor 5:19)

God bless

Wakeup,

Would you please comment on this post?

God bless

kerwin
    Participant

Mike;

I agree, as that is the ONLY logical scenario.  After all, we all know that Jesus Christ is the only begotten of God, and would naturally possess the glory of the only begotten of God.

My reasoning may be flawed as John may have been speaking of the title; and not the One who would come to inherit it.

Here is where you run into trouble.  For one thing, look at 1:14 in context:

14 The Word became flesh and made his dwelling among us. We have seen his glory, the glory of the only begotten from the Father, full of grace and truth.

15 John testifies concerning him. He cries out, saying, “This was he of whom I said,'He who comes after me has surpassed me because he was before me.’”

Do you see how the pronouns “his” in verse 14 refer to the same subject as the pronoun “him” in verse 15?  Whatever or whoever became flesh is the same thing/person about whom John said the green words above.  And we know from verses 29 and 30 that these words were said about Jesus.

Provided the punctuation is correct and John is not speaking of the Only Begotten of God then he is speaking of the Word and not Jesus though the Word is doing all things through Jesus at that time.   John 1:30 applies the same words to Jesus Christ because the Word continuously does all things through him.

Word is a male gendered noun in Ancient Greek and so is correctly replaced with a male gendered pronoun.  

Why would anyone except for the only begotten Son of God possess the glory of the only begotten Son of God?  Right off the bat, we're moving into nonsense territory with this claim.

“Put on the new man created like God in true righteousness and holiness.”

Plus, understanding that there are two is going to open up the same problems Nick has with his understanding.

They are now united.

jammin
    Participant

Quote (jammin @ May 30 2012,12:05)
    kerwin

make your own bible.

God bless

2 cor 5.19 has nothing to do with john 20.28

you are really a grasshopper LOL

this is the meaning of 2 cor 5.19

2 Corinthians 5:19

New International Reader's Version (NIRV)

19 God was bringing the world back to himself through Christ. He did not hold people's sins against them. God has trusted us with the message that people may be brought back to him.

while john 20.28 says that Christ is LORD and GOD.

study hard boy! LOL

Ed J
    Participant

Hi Jammin,

You don't believe the meaning of 2 cor 5.19?     …that God was “IN” Christ?

God bless

Wakeup
    Participant

Quote (Ed J @ May 30 2012,16:10)

God bless

Wakeup,

Would you please comment on this post?

God bless

EDj.

It is not wrong to call Jesus God,because we worship him dont we,we bow down to him dont we.
    In heb1:8.9.God the father calls him God,but he also says;EVEN –THY GOD– HATH ANOINTED THEE WITH THE OIL OF GLADNESS ABOVE THY FELLOWS.(the father is his God)

So Jesus is God, because he is worshipped by us and by angels,but he is not the father.
    Jesus is in subjection to his father,and so is the holy spirit in subjection to Jesus.God is above all.

But at the same time Jesus is the word that came out of Gods mouth,And the spirit of truth contains in the word.(the sugar in the drink) so to speak.
    So what is the conclusion? That God is one;there is none beside him,there is no saviour beside him.

wakeup.

Ed J
    Participant

Hi Wakeup,

Thanks for your input!

God bless

kerwin
    Participant

Jammin;

You are not addressing that:

1) Jesus has the same God and Father as his brothers; and that God and Father is Yawheh.

2) That human beings are Jesus' brothers.

3) That Jehovah dwells in Jesus through the Spirit and Jesus dwells in Jehovah through the same Spirit.

4) That there are many lords and many gods; both in heaven and on earth; yet to us there is one God; who is Jehovah.

These four facts and more mean that your argument about Thomas' words is deceptive.  Come out of her and test what you have been taught to believe.

jammin
    Participant

Quote (Ed J @ May 30 2012,21:43)
    Hi Jammin,

God bless

i believe that verse.
    i dont believe your illusion

read well the context boy. i already posted the meaning of the verse. if you dont believe that, then make your own bible LOL

jammin
    Participant

Quote (kerwin @ May 31 2012,02:43)
    Jammin;

You are not addressing that:

1) Jesus has the same God and Father as his brothers; and that God and Father is Yawheh.

2) That human beings are Jesus' brothers.

3) That Jehovah dwells in Jesus through the Spirit and Jesus dwells in Jehovah through the same Spirit.

4) That there are many lords and many gods; both in heaven and on earth; yet to us there is one God; who is Jehovah.

These four facts and more mean that your argument about Thomas' words is deceptive.  Come out of her and test what you have been taught to believe.

1 yes. but the bible says that Christ is God and LORD john 20.28

2. yes .. bec God manifested in the flesh. that is the son and not the father. he is God by nature phil 2.6

3. so what is your point here? the bible did not say that Christ is not GOD>
    what we can read is that Christ is God and LORD
    he is GOD by nature.

4. the bible says one LORD and that is Christ.
    so if i am going to follow your argument, the father is not LORD to you… LOL

your doctrine is so funny LOL

Ed J
    Participant

Quote (jammin @ May 31 2012,02:49)

Quote (Ed J @ May 30 2012,21:43)
    Hi Jammin,

God bless
    Ed J

i believe that verse.
    i dont believe your illusion

read well the context boy. i already posted the meaning of the verse. if you dont believe that, then make your own bible LOL

Hi Jammin,

2 Cor. 5.19 says:  “God was IN Christ?”  do you doubt this?     …perhaps you need to study Greek a bit more?

2Cor.5:19 ως οτι θεος ην εν χριστω κοσμον καταλλασσων εαυτω μη λογιζομενος
    αυτοις τα παραπτωματα αυτων και θεμενος εν ημιν τον λογον της καταλλαγης

5:19 To wit, that God was in Christ, reconciling the world unto himself, not imputing
    their trespasses unto them; and hath committed unto us the word of reconciliation.

God bless

Viewing 20 posts - 7,601 through 7,620 (of 25,907 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

© 1999 - 2024 Heaven Net

Navigation

© 1999 - 2023 - Heaven Net
or

or    

Forgot your details?

or

Create Account