JOHN 1:1 who is the WORD?

Viewing 20 posts - 7,541 through 7,560 (of 25,907 total)
  • Author
    terraricca
    Participant

edj

are you running away of your own questions???????????????

Quote edj
    Are you suggesting that the term “born of a woman” is a secret clue pointing towards preexistence then? …yes or no? ;quote

now I understand your question ,if you say ;yes to your question what scriptures would you use to back it up ????

kerwin
    Participant

Quote (mikeboll64 @ May 28 2012,21:16)

Quote (kerwin @ May 27 2012,21:25)

Quote (mikeboll64 @ May 28 2012,07:42)
    Kerwin, there is only ONE being who ever dwelled among mankind with the glory of God's only begotten Son.  And we all know that this one is called by the name, “The Word of God”.

Are we in agreement so far?

Mike;

There is but one intercessor between God and mankind;  the man Jesus Christ.

Please answer the question, Kerwin.

Mike;

I did answer you as the very Word that comes out of the mouth of God has been dwelling among men since it was born flesh. It has the glory like the glory of the only begotten of God. It is that Word that makes the human Jesus the mediator between Yawheh and mankind.

When the Word was made flesh; Jesus was first called by the name of the Word of God.

mikeboll64
    Blocked

Okay Kerwin,

I see you are taking liberties with the scriptures again.  The scriptures say “the glory of God's ONLY BEGOTTEN”, not “the glory LIKE the glory of God's only begotten”.

Let me break up the questions, so I can maybe get a straight answer from you:

1.  Kerwin, is there more than one who dwelled on earth with the glory of the only begotten of God?  Please list ALL to whom these words apply.

2.  Do we agree that the person Jesus Christ is called by the name, “the Word of God”?  YES or NO?

kerwin
    Participant

Quote (jammin @ May 28 2012,21:09)

Quote (mikeboll64 @ May 28 2012,13:28)

Quote (jammin @ May 27 2012,20:18)
    HE BECAME LIKE US MIKE. AS MAN, WE DO NOT KNOW ALL THINGS

jammin,

Are you DAFT?  I keep telling you that Jesus was ALSO a man when Peter said he “knew all things”.  

The only point I've been trying to make is that “all things” was an emphatic statement, and not meant to be taken LITERALLY – just like in 1 John 2:20.

Your very own words in the quote box above CONFIRM the very thing I've been trying to show you.

mike,
    peter knows he is the son of GOD.
    the apostles know that Christ is God by nature.
    and as GOD, he knows all things.

kerwin,

make your own bible.

thomas said jesus is LORD and GOD.

do not put your own words to thomas' mouth.

Jammin;

As Yawheh declares; he is the God and Father of Jesus and his siblings.  You cannot change those facts one whit by your misunderstanding of other passages.

I choose to believe Yawheh and not the misunderstandings of flesh and blood.

kerwin
    Participant

Mike;

I see you are taking liberties with the scriptures again.  The scriptures say “the glory of God's ONLY BEGOTTEN”, not “the glory LIKE the glory of God's only begotten”.

I am not taking liberties as “hós” is translated” like as” as well as “as, like as, about, as it were, according as, how, when, while, as soon as, so that.”

The KJV translates it to “and we beheld his glory, the glory as of the only begotten of the Father”.

Kerwin, is there more than one who dwelled on earth with the glory of the only begotten of God?  Please list ALL to whom these words apply.

Hebrews 1:3
    New International Version (NIV)

3 The Son is the radiance of God’s glory and the exact representation of his being, sustaining all things by his powerful word. After he had provided purification for sins, he sat down at the right hand of the Majesty in heaven.

2.  Do we agree that the person Jesus Christ is called by the name, “the Word of God”?  YES or NO?

I already stated that Jesus has been being called by the name of the Word of God since the Word was made flesh.

mikeboll64
    Blocked

Kerwin,

I await your list of ALL who ever dwelled on earth with the glory of God's only begotten.  My list includes only Jesus.  How about yours?

And I accept your answer of YES, Jesus is called by the name “the Word of God”, but reject your time frame of “since the Word was made flesh”, as that is in addition to what the scriptures actually teach.

kerwin
    Participant

Quote (mikeboll64 @ May 29 2012,00:35)
    Kerwin,

I await your list of ALL who ever dwelled on earth with the glory of God's only begotten.  My list includes only Jesus.  How about yours?

And I accept your answer of YES, Jesus is called by the name “the Word of God”, but reject your time frame of “since the Word was made flesh”, as that is in addition to what the scriptures actually teach.

Mike;

I already pointed out that Scripture declares that the Son is the radiance of God's glory.

About others it is written:

Romans 3
    King James Version (KJV)

23 For all have sinned, and come short of the glory of God;
    24 Being justified freely by his grace through the redemption that is in Christ Jesus:

and

Romans 8:29
    King James Version (KJV)

29 For whom he did foreknow, he also did predestinate to be conformed to the image of his Son, that he might be the firstborn among many brethren.

mikeboll64
    Blocked

Kerwin,

I await your list of ALL who ever dwelled on earth with the glory of God's only begotten. My list includes only Jesus. How about yours?

kerwin
    Participant

Quote (mikeboll64 @ May 29 2012,03:45)
    Kerwin,

Mike;

According to the information I have collected Scripture does not explicitly say what you are stating so it seems you believe it is inferred.

What it does say is that the Word has a glory as of the only sired of God; that the Son is the radiance of God's glory; that all other human beings have fallen short of Glory and some are being made in the image of Christ; the image of Christ.

I am convinced Jesus has inherited the name of the Word and all that goes with it. I also know through faith in him that others are born through the Word.

Ed J
    Participant

Quote (terraricca @ May 29 2012,02:52)
    edj

Quote edj
    Are you suggesting that the term “born of a woman” is a secret clue pointing towards preexistence then?     …yes or no? ;quote

now I understand your question ,if you say ;yes to your question what scriptures would you use to back it up ????

Hi Pierre,

Running away from what conversation?
    Mike seems to be done talking about it.

God bless
    Ed J (Joshua 22:34)
    http://www.holycitybiblecode.org

terraricca
    Participant

Quote (kerwin @ May 29 2012,13:40)

Quote (mikeboll64 @ May 29 2012,00:35)
    Kerwin,

Mike;

I already pointed out that Scripture declares that the Son is the radiance of God's glory.

About others it is written:

Romans 3
    King James Version (KJV)

23 For all have sinned, and come short of the glory of God;
    24 Being justified freely by his grace through the redemption that is in Christ Jesus:

and

Romans 8:29
    King James Version (KJV)

29 For whom he did foreknow, he also did predestinate to be conformed to the image of his Son, that he might be the firstborn among many brethren.

all your scriptures you show ,

are making clear that God send his son to save men ,for the reason that any of men are good enough to do it ,

by doing this God as allowed Christ to receive a payemnt and that payment his the 144k redeemed that will be with him ,

those and only those are his brothers ,

they will be judges over all creation ,

Ed J
    Participant

Quote (Ed J @ May 29 2012,09:27)

edj

Quote edj
    Are you suggesting that the term “born of a woman” is a secret clue pointing towards preexistence then?     …yes or no? ;quote

Hi Pierre,

God bless

He is the one saying:  the term “born of a woman” is a secret clue
    pointing towards preexistence and at the same time time denying it.

terraricca
    Participant

Quote (Ed J @ May 29 2012,16:27)

edj

Quote edj

Hi Pierre,

God bless

:D :D :D :D :D :p :p

terraricca
    Participant

Quote (Ed J @ May 29 2012,16:30)

Quote (Ed J @ May 29 2012,09:27)

edj

Quote edj

Hi Pierre,

God bless

He is the one saying:  the term “born of a woman” is a secret clue
    pointing towards preexistence and at the same time time denying it.

edj

Mary, was Christ surrogated mother

mikeboll64
    Blocked

:D I know, Pierre. Sometimes you just have to throw your hands up and laugh. I think most 5 year old kids would be able to understand my answer to Ed, but for some reason, he can't. ???

NickHassan
    Participant

Hi MB,
    As a facilitator should you diminish those who disagree with you?

mikeboll64
    Blocked

Quote (kerwin @ May 28 2012,16:06)

Quote (mikeboll64 @ May 29 2012,03:45)
    Kerwin,

Mike;

According to the information I have collected Scripture does not explicitly say what you are stating so it seems you believe it is inferred.

Well, let's see, Kerwin: Jesus, as God's only begotten Son, surely dwelled on earth with the glory of God's only begotten, right?

Who else did?

Ed J
    Participant

Quote (terraricca @ May 29 2012,09:33)
    edj

PIERRE,

Where is the proof of YOUR brain-bondo assertion?

God bless

Ed J
    Participant

Quote (mikeboll64 @ May 29 2012,09:33)
    :D  I know, Pierre.  Sometimes you just have to throw your hands up and laugh.  I think most 5 year old kids would be able to understand my answer to Ed, but for some reason, he can't.  ???

Hi Mike, I understand it very well thank you.

You assert Paul's use of the term “born of a woman” is a secret clue pointing towards preexistence.

God bless

terraricca
    Participant

Quote (Ed J @ May 29 2012,16:53)

Quote (terraricca @ May 29 2012,09:33)
    edj

PIERRE,

Where is the proof of YOUR brain-bondo assertion?

God bless

if God can make a women out of Adam rib

he sure can take THE WORD and put it in Mary womb,this is less work

Viewing 20 posts - 7,541 through 7,560 (of 25,907 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

© 1999 - 2024 Heaven Net

Navigation

© 1999 - 2023 - Heaven Net
or

or    

Forgot your details?

or

Create Account