JOHN 1:1 who is the WORD?

Viewing 20 posts - 7,441 through 7,460 (of 25,907 total)
  • Author
    kerwin
    Participant

T;

seeking is doing something ;like studying,research,acting on the knowledge,SHARRING , this would mean and his righteousness

AND THEN AND ONLY THEN ;ALL THESE THINGS SHALL BE ADDED UNTO YOU,

I agree though “acting on the knowledge and SHARING” falls under knock in the “Ask, Seek, and Knock” teaching of Jesus.

NickHassan
    Participant

Hi T,
    No seeking is for God's kingdom.
    Listen to Peter at pentecost.

No point trying in your own strength
    “not by might nor by power by my Spirit.”

terraricca
    Participant

Quote (Nick Hassan @ May 26 2012,21:41)
    Hi T,
    No seeking is for God's kingdom.
    Listen to Peter at pentecost.

No point trying in your own strength
    “not by might nor by power by my Spirit.”

N

why ?? why ??

Mt 6:19 “Do not store up for yourselves treasures on earth, where moth and rust destroy, and where thieves break in and steal.
    Mt 6:20 But store up for yourselves treasures in heaven, where moth and rust do not destroy, and where thieves do not break in and steal.
    Mt 6:21 For where your treasure is, there your heart will be also.
    Mt 6:22 “The eye is the lamp of the body. If your eyes are good, your whole body will be full of light.
    Mt 6:23 But if your eyes are bad, your whole body will be full of darkness. If then the light within you is darkness, how great is that darkness!
    Mt 6:24 “No one can serve two masters. Either he will hate the one and love the other, or he will be devoted to the one and despise the other. You cannot serve both God and Money.

Mt 6:25 “Therefore I tell you, do not worry about your life, what you will eat or drink; or about your body, what you will wear. Is not life more important than food, and the body more important than clothes?
    Mt 6:26 Look at the birds of the air; they do not sow or reap or store away in barns, and yet your heavenly Father feeds them. Are you not much more valuable than they?
    Mt 6:27 Who of you by worrying can add a single hour to his life ?
    Mt 6:28 “And why do you worry about clothes? See how the lilies of the field grow. They do not labor or spin.
    Mt 6:29 Yet I tell you that not even Solomon in all his splendor was dressed like one of these.
    Mt 6:30 If that is how God clothes the grass of the field, which is here today and tomorrow is thrown into the fire, will he not much more clothe you, O you of little faith?
    Mt 6:31 So do not worry, saying, ‘What shall we eat?’ or ‘What shall we drink?’ or ‘What shall we wear?’
    Mt 6:32 For the pagans run after all these things, and your heavenly Father knows that you need them.
    Mt 6:33 But seek first his kingdom and his righteousness, and all these things will be given to you as well.
    Mt 6:34 Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.

wen are you going to learn the truth ??????

NickHassan
    Participant

Hi T,
    Life will be a lot simpler when the Spirit shows you what things mean.

terraricca
    Participant

Quote (Nick Hassan @ May 26 2012,22:42)
    Hi T,
    Life will be a lot simpler when the Spirit shows you what things mean.

N

the way you talk ,you are for sure one of the foolish maiden

NickHassan
    Participant

Hi T,
    Your judgement of all things is suspect.

terraricca
    Participant

Quote (Nick Hassan @ May 26 2012,23:32)
    Hi T,
    Your judgement of all things is suspect.

:D :D

NickHassan
    Participant

Hi,
    The Word from God is powerful like a two edged sword.[heb4]

jammin
    Participant

Quote (mikeboll64 @ May 25 2012,09:33)

Quote (jammin @ May 24 2012,05:07)
    mike,

i already told you my answer but you are not reading it
    gill's exposition of the entire bible
    but my Father only; to the exclusion of all creatures, angels and men; but not to the exclusion of Christ as God,

Matthew 24:36
    “No one knows about that day or hour, not even the angels in heaven, nor the Son, but only the Father.

Mark 13:32
    “No one knows about that day or hour, not even the angels in heaven, nor the Son, but only the Father.

Did Gill overlook the words “nor the Son” that Jesus spoke?

did the verse say son of GOD? or son of MAN?

mikeboll64
    Blocked

Quote (kerwin @ May 25 2012,10:26)
    Note:  I can address these points over time; God willing; but I lack the time to walk over ground that has already been covered.

My three posts were a result of YOUR comments about Barnes, so please at least address my response about Barnes.

I have concluded that there was a valid REASON to mention that John the Baptist was born of a woman, because Jesus was CONTRASTING those born of women against those of heaven.

Where is the reason for Paul to mention Jesus was born of a woman in Gal 4:4?

Why would Paul bother to mention the obvious – if not to contrast Jesus' human nature from his pre-existent heavenly nature?  After all, that is the very reason Jesus mentioned John's human nature, right?

mikeboll64
    Blocked

Quote (Nick Hassan @ May 25 2012,18:49)
    Hi T,
    But you understand nothing spiritual.

Mindless fluff, Nick.

Pierre had just mentioned the 50+ scriptures that support our understanding. Why not attack some of those scriptures instead of making your usual accusations about who is “spiritual” and who is not? ???

mikeboll64
    Blocked

Quote (jammin @ May 26 2012,08:06)

Quote (mikeboll64 @ May 25 2012,09:33)

Quote (jammin @ May 24 2012,05:07)
    mike,

i already told you my answer but you are not reading it
    gill's exposition of the entire bible
    but my Father only; to the exclusion of all creatures, angels and men; but not to the exclusion of Christ as God,

Matthew 24:36

Mark 13:32

Did Gill overlook the words “nor the Son” that Jesus spoke?

did the verse say son of GOD? or son of MAN?

It just says “Son”, jammin. If it means “Son of God”, then it proves that Jesus doesn't know all things. If it means “Son of Man”, then it proves that Jesus doesn't know all things.

Either way, it proves the same thing.

But, if you are going to attempt to make the claim that AS A MAN, Jesus didn't know all things, then I will remind you that it was also AS A MAN that Jesus was said to “knows all things”.

kerwin
    Participant

Mike’

My three posts were a result of YOUR comments about Barnes, so please at least address my response about Barnes.

I made my case about why Barnes’ argument that Galatians 4:4 supported the idea of Jesus existed before he was made of his mother, is flawed.    You conclude that since you believe it does not exclude the hypothesis that Jesus pre-existed it works together with other passages to support it.

I addressed some of that by pointing out that Nicodemus called Jesus “a teacher that comes from God” as opposed to the teacher; though Jesus; being the Archetype of teachers is The Teacher. In conclusion words that basically mean the same such as descend, come, came, sent, and such are used of those who speak the Word of God.  Jesus does more than speak it; as he gives it flesh.

It is written:

John 6
    Aramaic Bible in Plain English (©2010)

62 “Truly you will see therefore The Son of Man ascending to the place where he was from the first.”

The KJV and other translators of the Greek texts chose to translate the Greek parallel to the Aramaic word to “before” even though elsewhere it is translated “at the first”, Galatians 4:13(KJV); ” they to whom it was first”, Hebrews 4:6 (KJV);  and “first”, Hebrews 7:27(KJV).

Jesus is a teacher, who is the Teacher; that descends from above.  He was seen ascending body and soul to his God the Father of his Spirit; just as he told his students, that would threaten to stone him, that he is from heaven and they were from this World, John 8:23; their Father was the devil, John 8:44, and his is Jehovah.

In John 6:62 Jesus is using a play on words and his hearers’ knowledge that Jehovah rewards those that diligently seek him, Hebrews 11:6, in order to teach of his coming ascension as his reward for remaining with God.  Other play on words he uses is using water as a metaphor for the Word of life; and manna from heaven as a metaphor for believing in him.

NickHassan
    Participant

Hi MB,
    Dig deeper.
    God is all.

mikeboll64
    Blocked

Quote (kerwin @ May 26 2012,10:51)
    I addressed some of that by pointing out that Nicodemus called Jesus “a teacher that comes from God” as opposed to the teacher……………

And what I WANT you to address is what Paul was contrasting Jesus' human nature against in Gal 4:4.  Because THAT is the gist of Barnes' point, Kerwin.  His point is that it would make no sense for Paul to just mention, out of the blue, that Jesus was “born of a woman”, if he was never anything EXCEPT FOR “born of a woman”.  Address THAT part for me.

The KJV and other translators of the Greek texts chose to translate the Greek parallel to the Aramaic word to “before” even though elsewhere it is translated “at the first”, Galatians 4:13(KJV); ” they to whom it was first”, Hebrews 4:6 (KJV);  and “first”, Hebrews 7:27(KJV).

Please explain to me how the words “at the first” say anything different than the word “before”.

In John 6:62 Jesus is using a play on words………

A “play on words”?   ???  Jesus clearly said, “I came DOWN from heaven”, and “what if you see me ascend to where I WAS at the first“.  Then, many of those same Jews actually SAW him ascend to where he was at the first.

And you call this “a play on words”?  ???  

Kerwin, your zeal to FORCE the scriptures to teach the doctrine you've already decided upon is overwhelming your ability to let the scriptures teach you what they REALLY teach.

mikeboll64
    Blocked

Quote (Nick Hassan @ May 26 2012,11:09)
    Hi MB,
    Dig deeper.
    God is all.

Mindless fluff, Nick.

NickHassan
    Participant

Hi MB,
    Indeed the Word that was with God came down from heaven.

NickHassan
    Participant

Hi MB,
    Elevating men as lesser gods is of carnal greek mythology.

mikeboll64
    Blocked

Nick,

Why did Paul mention, out of the blue, that Jesus was “born of a woman” in Gal 4:4?

NickHassan
    Participant

Hi MB,
    God made plain again that he was a man under the same difficulties we are.
    jb 25.4-6

Viewing 20 posts - 7,441 through 7,460 (of 25,907 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

© 1999 - 2024 Heaven Net

Navigation

© 1999 - 2023 - Heaven Net
or

or    

Forgot your details?

or

Create Account