JOHN 1:1 who is the WORD?

Viewing 20 posts - 7,201 through 7,220 (of 25,908 total)
  • Author
    mikeboll64
    Blocked

Quote (Ed J @ May 13 2012,12:28)
    Hi Mike,

Dogs have personality, are they persons as well?

God bless
    Ed J

Ed,

Many dog lovers describe their dogs as members of their family, or their children, or people.

But must we go all the way to the end of the spectrum to decide whether or not God and His angels are persons? Are they dogs? Or are they beings who share the same image as us?

Don't go into overdrive, Ed. MANY scholars speak of “the person of God”. If you like the word “entity”, then use that word. Just don't go trying to force US to use your word if we prefer the word “person”, okay?

jammin
    Participant

Quote (mikeboll64 @ May 14 2012,05:33)

Quote (jammin @ May 13 2012,12:15)
    God the father has son mike.

That is a correct statement, jammin.  But the following statement is also correct and scripturally true:  God has a Son.  

Now if our ONE God has a Son, then you have to be sniffing mosquito coil to think that means the Son God has is the very God who has him.  Plus, if “God” consists of the Father AND the Son, then when it is said that “God has a Son”, it would imply that God the Son also has a Son.  ???

jammin, your doctrine of God the Father, God the Son, and God the Holy Spirit clearly describes THREE Gods.  But then, out of the blue, and without any sensible or satisfactory reason as to why, the authors of this doctrine just up and claim, “But not THREE Gods, only ONE”.  ???  It is some of the most asinine thinking that mankind has ever produced.

In fact, here are a few snippets of how this nonsensical doctrine is “explained”:

The Encyclopedia Americana notes that the doctrine of the Trinity is considered to be “beyond the grasp of human reason.”

Monsignor Eugene Clark says: “God is one, and God is three. Since there is nothing like this in creation, we cannot understand it, but only accept it.”

Cardinal John O’Connor states: “We know that it is a very profound mystery, which we don’t begin to understand.”

And Pope John Paul II speaks of “the inscrutable mystery of God the Trinity.”

A Dictionary of Religious Knowledge says: “Precisely what that doctrine is, or rather precisely how it is to be explained, Trinitarians are not agreed among themselves.”

Dude, the prominent people who teach this nonsense can't even explain what it is they're teaching.  Why would any sensible person jump on to this bandwagon?   ???

they are confused.. but not all mike. i understand what im saying and there is no mystery!

so for you, God the son must have a son also for him to be God? is that what you mean?

LOL

my father has a son and that is me but i dont have a son mike, am i not a man by nature? LOL

your logic is weak mike…. LOL

:D :D :D

God the father has a son and that is Christ. that's what the bible says and i believe that. the bible also says he is GOD by nature. not a small god just like your christ mike LOL

if you are God by nature, you are GOD!

im not teaching three Gods mike. LOL

the bible says that the father and the son have the same nature, GOD!

the word “God” refers to their nature.

Ed J
    Participant

Quote (mikeboll64 @ May 14 2012,05:37)

Quote (Ed J @ May 13 2012,12:28)
    Hi Mike,

Dogs have personality, are they persons as well?

God bless
    Ed J

Ed,

Many dog lovers describe their dogs as members of their family, or their children, or people.

But must we go all the way to the end of the spectrum to decide whether or not God and His angels are persons?  Are they dogs?  Or are they beings who share the same image as us?

Don't go into overdrive, Ed.  MANY scholars speak of “the person of God”.  If you like the word “entity”, then use that word.  Just don't go trying to force US to use your word if we prefer the word “person”, okay?

Hi Mike,

Just as long as you know that term encourages the Trins.

God bless
    Ed J (Joshua 22:34)
    http://www.holycitybiblecode.org

Ed J
    Participant

Quote (jammin @ May 14 2012,05:46)

Quote (mikeboll64 @ May 14 2012,05:33)

Quote (jammin @ May 13 2012,12:15)
    God the father has son mike.

That is a correct statement, jammin.  But the following statement is also correct and scripturally true:  God has a Son.  

Now if our ONE God has a Son, then you have to be sniffing mosquito coil to think that means the Son God has is the very God who has him.  Plus, if “God” consists of the Father AND the Son, then when it is said that “God has a Son”, it would imply that God the Son also has a Son.  ???

jammin, your doctrine of God the Father, God the Son, and God the Holy Spirit clearly describes THREE Gods.  But then, out of the blue, and without any sensible or satisfactory reason as to why, the authors of this doctrine just up and claim, “But not THREE Gods, only ONE”.  ???  It is some of the most asinine thinking that mankind has ever produced.

In fact, here are a few snippets of how this nonsensical doctrine is “explained”:

The Encyclopedia Americana notes that the doctrine of the Trinity is considered to be “beyond the grasp of human reason.”

Monsignor Eugene Clark says: “God is one, and God is three. Since there is nothing like this in creation, we cannot understand it, but only accept it.”

Cardinal John O’Connor states: “We know that it is a very profound mystery, which we don’t begin to understand.”

And Pope John Paul II speaks of “the inscrutable mystery of God the Trinity.”

A Dictionary of Religious Knowledge says: “Precisely what that doctrine is, or rather precisely how it is to be explained, Trinitarians are not agreed among themselves.”

Dude, the prominent people who teach this nonsense can't even explain what it is they're teaching.  Why would any sensible person jump on to this bandwagon?   ???

they are confused.. but not all mike. i understand what im saying and there is no mystery!

so for you, God the son must have a son also for him to be God? is that what you mean?

LOL

my father has a son and that is me but i dont have a son mike, am i not a man by nature? LOL

:D  :D  :D

God the father has a son and that is Christ. that's what the bible says and i believe that. the bible also says he is GOD by nature. not a small god just like your christ mike LOL

if you are God by nature, you are GOD!

im not teaching three Gods mike. LOL

the bible says that the father and the son have the same nature, GOD!

the word “God” refers to their nature.

Hi Jammin,

“GOD the HolySpirit” has a son
    called “Jesus the Christ”.
    No mystery Jmmin.

God bless

NickHassan
    Participant

Hi,
    God has Sons
    all begotten of His Spirit.

kerwin
    Participant

Quote (jammin @ May 14 2012,00:07)
    i believe wht the bible says

John 20:28

New International Reader's Version (NIRV)

28 Thomas said to him, “My Lord and my God!”

Jammin;

Then you must also believe Jesus returned to Yawheh;
    both his and Timothy's Father and God; even as it is written:

John 20:17

17 Jesus said, “Do not hold on to me. I have not yet returned to the Father. Instead, go to those who believe in me. Tell them, 'I am returning to my Father and your Father, to my God and your God.' “

mikeboll64
    Blocked

Quote (jammin @ May 13 2012,12:46)

jammin,

Work it out along with me here:
    1. “God” has an only begotten Son, right?

2. But YOU say that “God” CONSISTS OF the Father AND the Son, right?

3. That means when we say “God” has a Son, we are really saying “The Father AND the Son” have a Son.

Is that what you believe, jammin?

kerwin
    Participant

Ed J;

1) I do understand what Jesus meant and that
       has NOTHING to do with the point I make.

That is what your mouth states but you are not backing it up by your actions.  You speak of the merits of a book and not how to obtain God’s righteousness and his kingdom.  Both the KJV and the NIV teach us to seek first God’s righteousness and his kingdom.  Both contain God’s promise of righteousness to those that believe.  Believe that promise and all other promises of God and he will lead you true; no matter what Satan does to trick you off the path.

2) FALSE!    …”The bible” is profitable for doctrine,
                          for reproof, for correction, for
                          instruction in righteousness.  

What I stated is true as that is how Scripture leads you to God and his righteousness.

3) PROVE IT!  

You will believe what your itching ears wish to hear; no matter what the evidence; if you hunger and thirst for righteousness; then you will come to believe God; even when he speaks in the NIV; and you will come to not believe Satan; even when he speaks in the KJV.

4) Spin    … (see my answer to your point #2)

Do you believe these Scriptures are spin; or do you have trouble applying them to what is translated?

John 10:3
    King James Version (KJV)
    3 To him the porter openeth; and the sheep hear his voice: and he calleth his own sheep by name, and leadeth them out.

John 10:8
    King James Version (KJV)
    8 All that ever came before me are thieves and robbers: but the sheep did not hear them.

Participant

Hi Jammin:

God states that we should not add to or take away from His Words.

Please show me a scripture that calls Jesus “God the Son”?

Love in Christ,
    Marty

Ed J
    Participant

Quote (kerwin @ May 14 2012,12:15)
    Ed J;

1) I do understand what Jesus meant and that
       has NOTHING to do with the point I make.

That is what your mouth states but you are not backing it up by your actions.  You speak of the merits of a book and not how to obtain God’s righteousness and his kingdom.  Both the KJV and the NIV teach us to seek first God’s righteousness and his kingdom.  Both contain God’s promise of righteousness to those that believe.  Believe that promise and all other promises of God and he will lead you true; no matter what Satan does to trick you off the path.

2) FALSE!    …”The bible” is profitable for doctrine,
                          for reproof, for correction, for
                          instruction in righteousness.  

What I stated is true as that is how Scripture leads you to God and his righteousness.

3) PROVE IT!  

You will believe what your itching ears wish to hear; no matter what the evidence; if you hunger and thirst for righteousness; then you will come to believe God; even when he speaks in the NIV; and you will come to not believe Satan; even when he speaks in the KJV.

4) Spin    … (see my answer to your point #2)

Do you believe these Scriptures are spin; or do you have trouble applying them to what is translated?

John 10:3
    King James Version (KJV)
    3 To him the porter openeth; and the sheep hear his voice: and he calleth his own sheep by name, and leadeth them out.

John 10:8
    King James Version (KJV)
    8 All that ever came before me are thieves and robbers: but the sheep did not hear them.

Hi Kerwin,

I will not give corruption the time of day. I will only point out the corruption for your sake!
    With me, all discussions about Scripture will be just that, discussions about Scripture.
    If you question the “AKJV Bible”, then we will go to the original manuscripts; OK?
    It is nice to see you posting Scripture for a change, instead of corruption!

Your brother
    in Christ, Jesus.
    holycitybiblecode.org

jammin
    Participant

Quote (mikeboll64 @ May 14 2012,11:07)

Quote (jammin @ May 13 2012,12:46)

jammin,

Work it out along with me here:
    1.  “God” has an only begotten Son, right?

2.  But YOU say that “God” CONSISTS OF the Father AND the Son, right?

3.  That means when we say “God” has a Son, we are really saying “The Father AND the Son” have a Son.

Is that what you believe, jammin?

work with me too mike

my father has a son and that is me.
    i do not have a son mike but does it mean that im not MAN by nature???

jammin
    Participant

Quote (942767 @ May 14 2012,12:31)
    Hi Jammin:

Love in Christ,
    Marty

john 1.18
    18 θεον ουδεις εωρακεν πωποτε μονογενης θεος ο ων εις τον κολπον του πατρος εκεινος εξηγησατο

monogenes theos means begotten God or God the only son!

jammin
    Participant

Quote (kerwin @ May 14 2012,11:05)

Jammin;

17 Jesus said, “Do not hold on to me. I have not yet returned to the Father. Instead, go to those who believe in me. Tell them, 'I am returning to my Father and your Father, to my God and your God.' “

the father also said to his son

your throne O God…
    heb 1.8
    8 προς δε τον υιον ο θρονος σου ο θεος εις τον αιωνα [του αιωνος] και η ραβδος της ευθυτητος ραβδος της βασιλειας αυτου

Hebrews 1:8

King James Version (KJV)

8 But unto the Son he saith, Thy throne, O God, is for ever and ever: a sceptre of righteousness is the sceptre of thy kingdom.

Ed J
    Participant

Quote (jammin @ May 14 2012,14:19)

Hi Jammin:

Love in Christ,
    Marty

john 1.18
    18 θεον ουδεις εωρακεν πωποτε μονογενης θεος ο ων εις τον κολπον του πατρος εκεινος εξηγησατο

Hi Jammin,

It is nice to see you are beginning to understand Greek!
    But it is also to bad that you continue to post corrupted text!

God bless

kerwin
    Participant

Quote (jammin @ May 14 2012,09:22)

Jammin;

your throne O God…
    heb 1.8
    8 προς δε τον υιον ο θρονος σου ο θεος εις τον αιωνα [του αιωνος] και η ραβδος της ευθυτητος ραβδος της βασιλειας αυτου

King James Version (KJV)

8 But unto the Son he saith, Thy throne, O God, is for ever and ever: a sceptre of righteousness is the sceptre of thy kingdom.

Jammin;

Those words are to any royal groom as they are part of a wedding maskil; just as it is written:

Psalm 45[a]
    New International Version (NIV)

For the director of music. To the tune of “Lilies.” Of the Sons of Korah. A maskil. A wedding song.

It does state that Yawheh set the royal groom above his companions.

6 Your throne, O God,[c] will last for ever and ever;
       a scepter of justice will be the scepter of your kingdom.
    7 You love righteousness and hate wickedness;
       therefore God, your God, has set you above your companions
       by anointing you with the oil of joy.

The bride is also mentioned.

9 Daughters of kings are among your honored women;
       at your right hand is the royal bride in gold of Ophir.

10 Listen, daughter, and pay careful attention:
       Forget your people and your father’s house.
    11 Let the king be enthralled by your beauty;
       honor him, for he is your lord.
    12 The city of Tyre will come with a gift,[d]
       people of wealth will seek your favor.
    13 All glorious is the princess within her chamber;
       her gown is interwoven with gold.
    14 In embroidered garments she is led to the king;
       her virgin companions follow her—
       those brought to be with her.
    15 Led in with joy and gladness,
       they enter the palace of the king.

So are his sons

16 Your sons will take the place of your fathers;
       you will make them princes throughout the land.

17 I will perpetuate your memory through all generations;
       therefore the nations will praise you for ever and ever.

Jesus is Archetype;the appointed King of Yahweh and his bride is the Church.  His children are members of the Church.

The reason I use the NIV is the notes which follow.

a}   Psalm 45:1 In Hebrew texts 45:1-17 is numbered 45:2-18.
    b}    Psalm 45:1 Title: Probably a literary or musical term
    c}   Psalm 45:6 Here the king is addressed as God’s representative.
    d}    Psalm 45:12 Or A Tyrian robe is among the gifts

jammin
    Participant

Quote (Ed J @ May 14 2012,15:28)

Quote (jammin @ May 14 2012,14:19)

Hi Jammin:

Love in Christ,
    Marty

john 1.18

Hi Jammin,

It is nice to see you are beginning to understand Greek!
    But it is also to bad that you continue to post corrupted text!

God bless

LOL

bec it does not support your doctrine, you will it is corrupted boy LOL

make your own bible

jammin
    Participant

Quote (kerwin @ May 14 2012,19:57)

Quote (jammin @ May 14 2012,09:22)

Jammin;

your throne O God…
    heb 1.8

King James Version (KJV)

Jammin;

Those words are to any royal groom as they are part of a wedding maskil; just as it is written:

Psalm 45[a]
    New International Version (NIV)

For the director of music. To the tune of “Lilies.” Of the Sons of Korah. A maskil. A wedding song.

It does state that Yawheh set the royal groom above his companions.

6 Your throne, O God,[c] will last for ever and ever;
       a scepter of justice will be the scepter of your kingdom.
    7 You love righteousness and hate wickedness;
       therefore God, your God, has set you above your companions
       by anointing you with the oil of joy.

The bride is also mentioned.

9 Daughters of kings are among your honored women;
       at your right hand is the royal bride in gold of Ophir.

10 Listen, daughter, and pay careful attention:
       Forget your people and your father’s house.
    11 Let the king be enthralled by your beauty;
       honor him, for he is your lord.
    12 The city of Tyre will come with a gift,[d]
       people of wealth will seek your favor.
    13 All glorious is the princess within her chamber;
       her gown is interwoven with gold.
    14 In embroidered garments she is led to the king;
       her virgin companions follow her—
       those brought to be with her.
    15 Led in with joy and gladness,
       they enter the palace of the king.

So are his sons

16 Your sons will take the place of your fathers;
       you will make them princes throughout the land.

17 I will perpetuate your memory through all generations;
       therefore the nations will praise you for ever and ever.

Jesus is Archetype;the appointed King of Yahweh and his bride is the Church.  His children are members of the Church.

do you believe that the father called the son GOD?
    yes or no>?

kerwin
    Participant

Jammin;

yes or no>?

No as he called him Elohim; which has a number of different meanings.  We know from verse 7 that this Elohim has an Elohim;  and there is but one God. That tells us that the Groom is not Yahweh Elohim of Elohims as there is no one greater than he.

Tell me which if these meanings you are using for God and we can see if it fits the context.

jammin
    Participant

Quote (kerwin @ May 14 2012,20:53)
    Jammin;

yes or no>?

No as he called him Elohim; which has a number of different meanings.  We know from verse 7 that this Elohim has an Elohim;  and there is but one God. That tells us that the Groom is not Yahweh Elohim of Elohims as there is no one greater than he.

Tell me which if these meanings you are using for God and we can see if it fits the context.

i believe what the bible says

8 But God said about his Son,

Your throne, O God, is forever and ever.

NickHassan
    Participant

Hi Jammin,
    Scripture calls men gods.[jn10]
    What is your point?

Viewing 20 posts - 7,201 through 7,220 (of 25,908 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

© 1999 - 2024 Heaven Net

Navigation

© 1999 - 2023 - Heaven Net
or

or    

Forgot your details?

or

Create Account