JOHN 1:1 who is the WORD?

Viewing 20 posts - 6,981 through 7,000 (of 25,907 total)
  • Author
    Frank4YAHWEH
    Participant

Quote (kerwin @ May 07 2012,09:30)

Quote (Frank4YAHWEH @ May 06 2012,00:23)
    Many believe that the name Yahshua (Yeshua, Jesus) is the name above every other name. Many point out the following passages of Scripture to prove that the name Yahshua (Yeshua, Jesus) is above every other name.

Philippians 2:9-11 – Wherefore Yahweh also has highly exalted him (Yahshua [Yeshua, Jesus]), and given him a name which is above every name:

That at the name of Yahshua every knee should bow, of [things] in heaven, and [things] in earth, and [things] under the earth;

And [that] every tongue should confess that Yahshua Messiah [is] Master, to the esteem of Yahweh the Father.

Ephesians 1:17-23 – That the Almighty One of our Master Yahshua Messiah, the Father of esteem, may give unto you the spirit of wisdom and revelation in the knowledge of Him:

The eyes of your understanding being enlightened; that you may know what is the hope of His calling, and what the riches of the esteem of His inheritance in the saints,

And what [is] the exceeding greatness of His power to us-ward who believe, according to the working of His mighty power,

Which He did work in Messiah, when He raised him from the dead, and set [him] at His own right hand in the heavenly [places],

Far above all principality, and power, and might, and dominion, and every name that is named, not only in this world, but also in that which is to come:

And has put all [things] under his feet, and gave him [to be] the head over all [things] to the assembly,

Which is his body, the fulness of Him that fills all in all.

I would like you to note that Father Yahweh has a Name Himself and He did give His son Yahshua his name. So, that with this understanding in agreement with the entire context of Scripture you can see that our Heavenly Father and Creator's Name is above all other names, even above the name of His son since He is the one Who gave him his name. Note also that the name Yahshua means 'Yahweh Is Redeemer'.

When we use this name Yahshua we are actually giving esteem to Father Yahweh by giving reverence to His Name as opposed to giving reverse to the name of His son Yahshua. Not that the name Yahshua should not also be reverenced, but to give our Heavenly Father and Creator's Name the greater etseem as our Supreme Redeemer as also did His son (cf. Philippians 2:11). It was his Father Yahweh who raised him from the dead!

“… Yahweh raised him from the dead: …”

Romans 10:10 – “For with the heart man believeth unto righteousness; and with the mouth confession is made unto redemption.”

Yahchanan Chapter Twelve

Then Yahshua six days before the passover came to Bethany, where Lazarus was which had been dead, whom he raised from the dead. There they made him a supper; and Martha served: but Lazarus was one of them that sat at the table with him. Then took Mary a pound of ointment of spikenard, [that was] very costly, and anointed the feet of Yahshua, and wiped his feet with her hair: and the house was filled with the odour of the ointment. Then said one of his disciples, Judas Iscariot, Kepha's [son], which should betray him, “Why was not this ointment sold for three hundred pence, and given to the poor?” This he said, not that he cared for the poor; but because he was a thief, and had the bag, and saw what was put therein. Then said Yahshua, Let her alone: against the day of my burying has she done this. For the poor are always with you; but me, I will not always be here. Many individuals among those who praise Yahweh with outstreched hands therefore knew that he was there: and they came not for Yahshuas' sake only, but that they might see Lazarus also, whom he had raised from the dead.

But the chief priests consulted with each other on how thaty might also put Lazarus to death; Because that by reason of him many of the Jews went away, and believed what Yahshua taught. The next day many people that had came to Yerusalem to observe the feast, heard that Yahshua was also coming to Yerusalem to observe the feast.

These people took branches of palm trees, and went ahead to meet him, and they cried out, “Hosanna: Blessed [is] the King of Israel that comes in the Name Yahweh. And Yahshua, when he had found a young ass, sat thereon; as it is written, Fear not, daughter of Zion: behold, your King comes, sitting on an ass's colt. His disciples didn't understand what he was saying at first: but when Yahshua was given esteem, they remembered that these things were written of him, and [that] they had done these things to him. The people therefore that was with him when he called Lazarus out of his grave, and raised him from the dead, bare record. For this cause the people also met him, for they heard that he had done this miracle.

The Pharisees therefore said among themselves, “See how he divises anything from Scripture? Look! It seems the whole world is listening to what he is teaching! And

There were certain Greeks among the people that came up to worship at the feast: They came to Philip, which was of Bethsaida of Galilee, and asked him, “Sir, Where can we see this man named Yahshua?” Philip told Andrew and they went and told Yashua that these men were looking for him.

Yahshua answered them, saying, The hour is come, that the Son of Man should be given esteem. For a surety, I say to you,

'Except a corn of wheat fall into the ground and die, it abides alone: but if it dies, it brings forth much fruit. He that loves his life shall lose it; and he that hates his life in this world shall keep it unto life eternal.

If any man wants to serve me, then come; and where I am, there shall also my servant be: if any man wants to serve me, my Father shall show you honor.

Now I am very troubled; and what should I say? 'Father, redeem me from this time of trouble!” But for this whay You sent me at this time.

Father, give Your Name Esteem. Then there came a voice from heaven …

“I have both eeteemed My Name, and will give it esteem again.” The people therefore, that stood by, and heard this, said that it thundered: others said, “A heavenly messenger spoke to him. “

Yahshua answered and said, This voice came not because of me, but for your sakes. Now is the judgment of this world: now shall the prince of this world be cast out. I, if I be lifted up from the earth, will draw all [men] unto me. This he said, signifying what death he should die.”

The people answered him, “We have heard out of the law that Messiah abideth for ever: And what say you? The Son of Man must be lifted up? Who is this Son of man?”

Then Yahshua said, “Yet a little while is the light with you. Walk while you have the light, lest darkness come upon you: for he that walketh in darkness knows not where he goes. While you have light, believe in the light, that you may be the children of light. “

These things spoke Yahshua, and departed, and did hide himself from them. But though he had done so many miracles before them, yet they believed not on him: That the saying of Isayah the prophet might be fulfilled, which he spoke, “Father Yahweh, who has believed our report? and to who has the arm of Yahweh been revealed?”

They could not believe, because Isayah also said, “He has blinded their eyes, and hardened their heart; that they should not see with [their] eyes, nor understand with [their] heart, and be converted, so that He might heal them.”

These things said Isayah, when he saw him being esteemed, and spoke of Him. Nevertheless among the chief rule
    rs also many believed on him; but because of the Pharisees they did not confess [him], lest they should be put out of the synagogue: For they loved the praise of men more than the praise of Yahweh.

Yahshua cried and said, “He that believes me, believes not me, but on Him that sent me. And he that see me sees Him that sent me. I came as a light to the world, that whosoever believes me should not abide in darkness. And if any man hear my words, and believe not, I judge him not: for I came not to judge the world, but to reddeem the world. He that rejects me, and receives not my words, has one that will judge him! The word that I have spoken, these are the words that will judge him in the end. For I have not spoken of myself; but the Father which sent me, he gave me a commandment, what I should say, and what I should speak. And I know that His commandment is life everlasting: whatever the Father says to me, that is what I speak.”

The following passages of Scripture show that Father Yahweh is above His son Yahshua. So if Father Yahweh is above His son Yahshua, certainly His Name is above the name that He gave to His son.

Yahchanan [John] 14:28 – You have heard how I said unto you, I go away, and come [again] unto you. If you loved me, you would rejoice, because I said, I go unto the Father: for my Father is greater than I.

Mat 10:24 The student is not above [his] teacher, nor the servant above his master.

Yahshua, A Humble Sevant of Father Yahweh

Philippians 2:7 – “… taking the form of a servant, being made in the likeness of men.”

Mattithyah [Matthew] 21:42 – Yahshua said unto them, Did you never read in the Scriptures, The stone which the builders rejected, the same is become the head of the corner: this is the Yahweh's doing, and it is marvellous in our eyes?

1 Corinthians 11:3 – But I would have you know, that the head of every man is Messiah; and the head of the woman [is] the man; and the head of Messiah [is] Yahweh.

Acts 4:10-12 – Be it known unto you all, and to all the people of Israel, that by the name of Yahshua the Messiah of Nazareth, whom you executed, whom Yahweh raised from the dead, [even] by him dose this man stand here before you whole. This is the stone which was set at nought of you builders, which is become the head of the corner. Neither is there redemption in any other: for there is none other name under heaven given among men, whereby we must be redeemed.

Since the name “Yahshua” means “Yahweh Is Redeemer”, saying “Yahshua” still calls upon (evokes) the name of Yahweh.

For more scholarly information on the Name Yahweh, please click on the following hyperlinked text.

http://yahweh.yolasite.com
    SOURCE

Frank,

If I understand this correctly;  then is a bunch of nonsense;  as you should know; using the Hebrew Yahshua instead of the equally valid Greek Jesus.  There are many Yahshua's in Scripture.  Do they all have the name that is higher than every other name?

kerwin,

No, You are not understanding correctly. Yes, everyone that is named Yahshua (The closest English transliteration/transcription of this name used in most translations is 'Joshua'.) do all have the name that is above every name that is named, since the name Yahshua means 'Yahweh is Redeemer'. This Hebrew name clearly signifies Father Yahweh as our Supreme Redeemer. FYI, the Hebrew name Isayah also means and signifies 'Yahweh is Redeemer'. It is the message in the name that is important. Father Yahweh redeems mankind THROUGH (BY WAY OF) His son Yahshua. Yahshua is not LITERALLY our redeemer, it is his and our Father Yahweh Who is our Supreme Redeemer. There is only but one Supreme Redeemer and that is Father Yahweh and Yahshua directed all esteem to his and our Father Yahweh as our Supreme Redeemer. Yahshua Messiah is referred to as our redeemer simply because his and our Father Yahweh gave him, ALL authority (power) in heaven and in the earth and this ALL authority (power) most certainly included the authority (power) to redeem mankind from sin and death.

But so that you may know that the Son of Man has authority [power] on earth to forgive sins… (Mattithyah [Matthew] 9:6).

As to your implying “… the equally valid Greek Jesus.”, I not not believe that the name “Jesus” is “equally valid” as you suggest, since it is completely void of the Name of our Heavenly Father and Creator and this most was not the Messiah's GIVEN NAME and certainly was not the name that Father Yahweh instructed to be given to His son and His promised Anointed One. BTW, the name 'Jesus' is a Latino name and not a Greek or Hebrew name.

Let me clearly state to all of you and to all the people of Ysryl that he was healed by the powerful name of Yahshua Messiah the Nazarene, the man you executed but whom Yahweh raised from the dead. This is the stone which was rejected by you builders, which has become the head of the corner. Neither is there redemption in any other: or there is no other name under heaven GIVEN among men, by which we MUST be redeemed. When they saw the courage of Kepha and Yahchanan and realized that they were unschooled, ordinary men, they were astonished and they took note that these men had been with Yahshua. But since they could see the man who had been healed standing there with them, there was nothing they could say. So they ordered them to withdraw from the Sanhedrin and then conferred together. “What are we going to do with these men?” they asked. “Everybody living in Yerusalem knows they have done an outstanding miracle, and we cannot deny it. But to stop this thing from spreading any further among the people, we must warn these men to speak no longer to anyone in this name.” Then they called them in again and commanded them not to speak or teach at all in the name of Yahshua. But Kepha and Yahchanan replied, “Judge for yourselves whether it is right in Yahweh's sight to obey you rather than Yahweh. For we cannot help speaking about what we have seen and heard.” After further threats they let them go. They could not decide how to punish them, because all the people were praising Yahweh for what had happened. For the man who was miraculously healed was over forty years old. On their release, Kepha and Yahchanan went back to their own people and reported all that the chief priests and elders had said to them. When they heard this, they raised their voices together in communion to Yahweh. “Sovereign Yahweh,” they said, “You made the heaven and the earth and the sea, and everything in them. You spoke by the Set Apart Spirit through the mouth of your servant, our father Dawid: “'Why do the nations rage and the peoples plot in vain? The kings of the earth take their stand and the rulers gather together against Yahweh and against his Anointed One.' Indeed Herod and Pontius Pilate met together with the nations and the people of Ysryl in this city to conspire against Your set apart servant Yahshua, whom You anointed. They did what Your power and will had decided beforehand should happen. Now, Yahweh, consider their threats and enable your servants to speak Your word with great boldness. Stretch out Your hand [power] to heal and perform miraculous signs and wonders through the name of Your set apart servant Yahshua.” After they communed, the place where they were meeting was shaken. And they were all filled with the Set Apart Spirit and spoke the word of Yahweh boldly. All the believers were one in heart and mind. No one claimed that any of his possessions was his own, but they shared everything they had. With great power [authority] the apostles continued to testify to the resurrection of the Master Yahshua, and much favor was upon them all. There
    were no needy persons among them. For from time to time those who owned lands or houses sold them, brought the money from the sales and put it at the apostles' feet, and it was distributed to anyone as he had need. (Acts 4:10-35).

Yahshua said unto him, I am the WAY, the truth, and the life: no man comes unto the Father, but by me (Yahchanan [John] 14:6).

THE NAME JESUS

Frank4YAHWEH
    Participant

Quote (mikeboll64 @ May 07 2012,11:09)
    No Kerwin,

The Word is who was WITH Yahweh in the beginning.  

Good point about Yashua being a very popular name, and therefore not “the name above all other names”.

Mike,

Father Yahweh's word is not a “who”! LOL!

kerwin
    Participant

Quote (Nick Hassan @ May 08 2012,04:47)
    Hi KW,
    Does obedience to the law cause him to receive the gift of a new man?
    The new man is BY transformation of the Spirit.
    That happened at the jordan

Nick;

The new man is received and lived according to by faith as it is written the righteous live by faith. Jesus was immersed in water in his mother's womb; as is common to man. Unlike with other men; his faith was mature at that time; that is why the first birth accomplished what other men take two births to accomplish.

God tells us that without faith no one can please God. He also tells us his Servant pleased him and as a result he was given the Spirit. Scripture teaches us that Jesus always lived by the Spirit as he lived his whole mortality without sinning even though tempted as is common to man.

As John the Baptist inferred, Jesus did not require John Baptism of Repentance. To those who know Jewish teachings; they know that even a righteous servant is immersed into the priesthood.

mikeboll64
    Blocked

Quote (Ed J @ May 06 2012,20:53)

Quote (mikeboll64 @ May 07 2012,01:58)

Ed,

I am glad to learn that you no longer feel the need to invent a new subject into verses 14 and 15 like you used to do.  (I remember how you used to claim that part of the passage was about the Holy Spirit, and the other part was about Jesus.)

Hi Mike,

John 1:1-14 is about the HolySpirit becoming flesh in Jesus.
    John 1:15- is about Jesus being the Christ because of this.

God bless
    Ed J

Oh, my mistake. I guess you are still trying to split the subject of the passage when there is no grammatical, contextual, or logical reason for you to do so.

Nevermind then.

mikeboll64
    Blocked

Quote (Frank4YAHWEH @ May 07 2012,17:07)

No Kerwin,

Mike,

Revelation 19:13
    He is dressed in a robe dipped in blood, and his name is the Word of God.

Is Father Yahweh's word a “who” in this verse?

mikeboll64
    Blocked

Quote (mikeboll64 @ May 06 2012,18:16)
    Nick,
    Who was existing in the form of God before being made into the likeness of a human being?  (Phil 2)

Quote (Nick Hassan @ May 06 2012,18:33)
    Hi MB,
    Christ Jesus.
    The Word that was with God, the anointing.

Quote (mikeboll64 @ May 06 2012,19:25)

And who died on a tree for us?

Quote (Nick Hassan @ May 06 2012,19:37)
    Hi MB,
    Jesus CHRIST was crucified

Quote (mikeboll64 @ May 06 2012,19:25)

And did the “spirit of the anointing” die on a tree?

Quote (Nick Hassan @ May 06 2012,20:22)
    Hi MB,
    Of course the Spirit of life cannot die………………..

Then it seems you have a problem with your doctrine, Nick.

Philippians 2
    5 Your attitude should be the same as that of Christ Jesus:

6 Who, existing in the form of God,
      did not consider equality with God something to be grasped,
    7 but made himself nothing,
      taking the form of a servant,
      being made in human likeness.
    8 And being found in appearance as a man,
      he humbled himself
      and became obedient to death—
         even death on a cross!

Nick, the one who died on a cross is the same one who was existing in the form of God before being made in human likeness.

So if “the spirit of anointing” did not die on a cross, then “the spirit of anointing” is NOT who this passage is about.

I pray that you can see this.

NickHassan
    Participant

Hi MB,
    You do not know of the unity between Jesus and the anointing?
    Inseperable even in death.

This should be you hope too but what is your hope?

NickHassan
    Participant

Hi MB,
    Did your lesser god die?

Ed J
    Participant

Quote (mikeboll64 @ May 08 2012,10:25)

Quote (Ed J @ May 06 2012,20:53)

Quote (mikeboll64 @ May 07 2012,01:58)

Ed,

I am glad to learn that you no longer feel the need to invent a new subject into verses 14 and 15 like you used to do.  (I remember how you used to claim that part of the passage was about the Holy Spirit, and the other part was about Jesus.)

Hi Mike,

John 1:1-14 is about the HolySpirit becoming flesh in Jesus.
    John 1:15- is about Jesus being the Christ because of this.

God bless
    Ed J

Oh, my mistake.  I guess you are still trying to split the subject of the passage when there is no grammatical, contextual, or logical reason for you to do so.

Nevermind then.

Hi Mike,

OK, thank you.

God bless
    Ed J (Joshua 22:34)
    http://www.holycitybiblecode.org

Ed J
    Participant

Quote (mikeboll64 @ May 08 2012,10:32)

No Kerwin,

Mike,

Hi Mike,

The same who as in Isaiah 63:2-11.

God bless
    Ed J (Joshua 22:34)
    http://www.holycitybiblecode.org

NickHassan
    Participant

Hi MB
    You say
    “I guess you are still trying to split the subject of the passage when there is no grammatical, contextual, or logical reason for you to do so.”

These are all the tools you have??

NickHassan
    Participant

Hi MB,
    Acts 2

2 “Men of Israel, listen to these words: Jesus the Nazarene, a man [r]attested to you by God with miracles and wonders and [t]signs which God performed through Him in your midst, just as you yourselves know— 23 this Man, delivered over by the predetermined plan and foreknowledge of God, you nailed to a cross by the hands of godless men and put Him to death. 24 [v]But God raised Him up again, putting an end to the [w]agony of death, since it was impossible for Him to be held [x]in its power. 25 For David says of Him,

‘ I saw the Lord always in my presence;
    For He is at my right hand, so that I will not be shaken.
    26 ‘Therefore my heart was glad and my tongue exulted;
    Moreover my flesh also will live in hope;
    27 Because You will not abandon my soul to Hades,
    Nor [y]allow Your [z]Holy One to [aa]undergo decay.
    28 ‘You have made known to me the ways of life;
    You will make me full of gladness with Your presence.’
    29 “[ab]Brethren, I may confidently say to you regarding the patriarch David that he both died and was buried, and his tomb is [ac]with us to this day. 30 And so, because he was a prophet and knew that God had sworn to him with an oath to seat one [ad]of his descendants on his throne, 31 he looked ahead and spoke of the resurrection of [ae]the Christ, that He was neither abandoned to Hades, nor did His flesh [af]suffer decay. 32 This Jesus God raised up again, to which we are all witnesses. 33 Therefore having been exalted [ag] to the right hand of God, and having received from the Father the promise of the Holy Spirit, He has poured forth this which you both see and hear. 34 For it was not David who ascended into [ah]heaven, but he himself says:

‘ The Lord said to my Lord,
    “Sit at My right hand,
    35 Until I make Your enemies a footstool for Your feet.”’
    36 Therefore let all the house of Israel know for certain that God has made Him both Lord and [ai]Christ—this Jesus whom you crucified.”

THIS MAN FROM NAZARETH HAS BEEN MADE LORD AND CHRIST

mikeboll64
    Blocked

Quote (Nick Hassan @ May 07 2012,18:49)
    Hi MB,
    You do not know of the unity between Jesus and the anointing?
    Inseperable even in death.

This should be you hope too but what is your hope?

Nick,

WHOEVER died on the cross is the same one who was existing in the form of God before emptying himself and being made in human likeness, and then humbling himself to the point of death.

If “the spirit of Christ” did not die on the cross, then Phil 2:5-8 is NOT about “the spirit of Christ”.

On the other hand, if JESUS died on the cross, then Phil 2:5-8 IS about JESUS.  And if it is about JESUS (like Paul clearly wrote), then JESUS was the one existing in the form of God before emptying himself to be made flesh and dying on the cross.

Nick, I tried to shed this light on you graciously – but I see that is not an option for someone such as yourself.

Your doctrine is shot down once again.  That is now at least FOUR clear, scriptural proofs of why your understanding simply cannot be.

But you'll go ahead and keep claiming it anyway, won't you?

mikeboll64
    Blocked

Quote (Nick Hassan @ May 07 2012,18:50)
    Hi MB,
    Did your lesser god die?

Yes.  He tasted death for all of us.

Nick, can you scripturally REFUTE the fact that Jesus is a god?

Can you scripturally REFUTE the fact that Jesus is not the Most High God?

If you can do neither of these things, they why would you try to taunt me with the words “lesser god” – considering it is exactly what the scriptures teach? ???

When you try to poke fun at me in such a way, you end up poking fun at yourself, and demonstrating that I believe the scriptures while you think they're something to poke fun at.

Frank4YAHWEH
    Participant

No Kerwin,

Mike,

Mike,

Yahshua is a who, but the words that proceed from his mouth most certainly is not a “who”! Father Yahweh's son's GIVEN name is Yahshua. What is given reference to in the Revelation verse that you submitted is an attribute of Yahshua and not his ACTUAL name and it says that his name/title (an attribute) is called “The Word of Yahweh”. This title is attributed to him because Father Yahweh's word will be proceeding from his mouth sharper than any two edged sword. Father Yahweh's word is not a who, but an it. Yahshua is the spokesman of his and our Father Yahweh's word in this last time period.

For the word of Yahweh is living and active. Sharper than any double-edged sword, it penetrates even to dividing soul and spirit, joints and marrow; it judges the thoughts and attitudes of the heart (Hebrews 4:12).

Starting with Revelation 1:10:

I was in the Spirit on Yahweh's day, and heard behind me a great voice, as of a trumpet, which said: “Write on a scroll what you see and send it to the seven churches: to Ephesus, Smyrna, Pergamum, Thyatira, Sardis, Philadelphia and Laodicea.” I turned around to see the voice that was speaking to me. And when I turned I saw seven golden lampstands, and among the lampstands was someone “like a son of man,” dressed in a robe reaching down to his feet and with a golden sash around his chest. His head and hair were white like wool, as white as snow, and his eyes were like blazing fire. His feet were like bronze glowing in a furnace, and his voice was like the sound of rushing waters. …

Are you taking the vision that Yahchanan is describing here LITERALLY so far? From the context you certainly know that this is speaking of Yahshua, right?

… In his right hand he held seven stars, and out of his mouth came a sharp double-edged sword. His face was like the sun shining in all its brilliance.

Is there a “who” coming out of Yahshua's mouth here?

Following is the MEANING of what is being described in vision of what Yahchanan saw concerning what is coming out of Yahshua's mouth:

“To the malak of the assembly in Ephesus write: THESE ARE THE WORDS OF HIM who holds the seven stars in his right hand and walks among the seven golden lampstands:

Are the words that are coming out of Yahshua's mouth a “who”?

mikeboll64
    Blocked

Quote (Frank4YAHWEH @ May 07 2012,20:07)
    Mike,

Yahshua is a who, but the words that proceed from his mouth most certainly is not a “who”!

Agreed, Frank.

But John 1:1 and 1:14 speak of the “who”, Yahshua – just like Rev 19:13 does.

Frank4YAHWEH
    Participant

Quote (Frank4YAHWEH @ May 08 2012,13:07)

No Kerwin,

Mike,

Mike,

Yahshua is a who, but the words that proceed from his mouth most certainly is not a “who”! Father Yahweh's son's GIVEN name is Yahshua. What is given reference to in the Revelation verse that you submitted is an attribute of Yahshua and not his ACTUAL name and it says that his name/title (an attribute) is called “The Word of Yahweh”. This title is attributed to him because Father Yahweh's word will be proceeding from his mouth sharper than any two edged sword. Father Yahweh's word is not a who, but an it. Yahshua is the spokesman of his and our Father Yahweh's word in this last time period.

For the word of Yahweh is living and active. Sharper than any double-edged sword, it penetrates even to dividing soul and spirit, joints and marrow; it judges the thoughts and attitudes of the heart (Hebrews 4:12).

Starting with Revelation 1:10:

I was in the Spirit on Yahweh's day, and heard behind me a great voice, as of a trumpet, which said: “Write on a scroll what you see and send it to the seven churches: to Ephesus, Smyrna, Pergamum, Thyatira, Sardis, Philadelphia and Laodicea.” I turned around to see the voice that was speaking to me. And when I turned I saw seven golden lampstands, and among the lampstands was someone “like a son of man,” dressed in a robe reaching down to his feet and with a golden sash around his chest. His head and hair were white like wool, as white as snow, and his eyes were like blazing fire. His feet were like bronze glowing in a furnace, and his voice was like the sound of rushing waters. …

Are you taking the vision that Yahchanan is describing here LITERALLY so far? From the context you certainly know that this is speaking of Yahshua, right?

… In his right hand he held seven stars, and out of his mouth came a sharp double-edged sword. His face was like the sun shining in all its brilliance.

Is there a “who” coming out of Yahshua's mouth here?

Following is the MEANING of what is being described in vision of what Yahchanan saw concerning what is coming out of Yahshua's mouth:

“To the malak of the assembly in Ephesus write: THESE ARE THE WORDS OF HIM who holds the seven stars in his right hand and walks among the seven golden lampstands:

Are the words that are coming out of Yahshua's mouth a “who”?

Mike,

Revelation 2:12:

THESE ARE THE WORDS OF HIM who has the sharp, double-edged sword [COMING OUT OF HIS MOUTH!].

Note that he says this to the assemblies:

“Yet you remain true to my name.”

That name is Yahshua!

Revelation 2:16:

Repent therefore! Otherwise, I will soon come to you and will fight against them with the sword of my mouth.

Revelation 2:18:

“To the malak of the assembly in Thyatira write: These are the words of the son of Yahweh, whose eyes are like blazing fire and whose feet are like burnished bronze.

Revelation 2:29:

He who has an ear, let him hear what the Spirit says to the assemblies.

Do you have ear to hear this!

Revelation 3:3:

Remember, therefore, what you have received and HEARD; obey IT, and repent. But if you do not wake up, I will come like a thief, and you will not know at what time I will come to you.

Revelation 3:16:

So, because you are lukewarm–neither hot nor cold–I am about to spit you out of my mouth.

Are you still taking what is being said here LITERALLY? If so, do you believe that Yahshua will LITERALLY be spitting people out of his mouth?

Revelation 3:18:

I counsel you to buy from me gold refined in the fire, so you can become rich; and white clothes to wear, so you can cover your shameful nakedness; and salve to put on your eyes, so you can see.

Can you SEE and HEAR this? This is speaking of perception and understanding I hope you know and not LITERALLY of what you can ACTUALLY hear with your ears and see with your eyes.

Revelation 3:19:

Those whom I love I rebuke and discipline [WITH THE WORD that is not and actual being!]. So be earnest, and repent.

Revelation 3:20:

Here I am! I stand at the door and knock. If anyone HEARS MY VOICE and opens the door, I will come in and eat with him, and he with me.

mikeboll64
    Blocked

Frank,

What is the point of your long cut and paste job? And how does it refute the fact that Jesus is the Word in John 1 and Rev 19?

Frank4YAHWEH
    Participant

Quote (mikeboll64 @ May 08 2012,13:11)

Quote (Frank4YAHWEH @ May 07 2012,20:07)
    Mike,

Yahshua is a who, but the words that proceed from his mouth most certainly is not a “who”!

Agreed, Frank.

But John 1:1 and 1:14 speak of the “who”, Yahshua – just like Rev 19:13 does.

Mike,

Father Yahweh's word is personified just as his wisdom is personified in the female gender. Are we to believe that there was also a “Goddess” with Yahweh also? I think not! :D

Frank4YAHWEH
    Participant

Quote (mikeboll64 @ May 08 2012,13:49)
    Frank,

What is the point of your long cut and paste job?  And how does it refute the fact that Jesus is the Word in John 1 and Rev 19?

Mike,

And where in Scripture does it ever say “Yahshua is the word.”? NOWHERE!

Viewing 20 posts - 6,981 through 7,000 (of 25,907 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

© 1999 - 2024 Heaven Net

Navigation

© 1999 - 2023 - Heaven Net
or

or    

Forgot your details?

or

Create Account