JOHN 1:1 who is the WORD?

Viewing 20 posts - 6,941 through 6,960 (of 25,907 total)
  • Author
    Frank4YAHWEH
    Participant

Quote (terraricca @ May 06 2012,07:01)

Quote (Frank4YAHWEH @ May 06 2012,13:47)

Quote (mikeboll64 @ May 06 2012,01:34)
    John 1
    14 The Word became flesh and made his dwelling among us. We have seen his glory, the glory of the only begotten from the Father, full of grace and truth.

15 John testifies concerning him. He cries out, saying, “This was he of whom I said, ‘He who comes after me has surpassed me because he was before me.’”

The subject of verses 14 and 15 is “The Word”.  Knowing this, we can say:

1.  The Word became flesh.

2.  The Word made his dwelling among us.

3.  The Word had the glory of the only begotten from the Father, full of grace and truth.

4.  The Word is the one about whom John testified, saying, “This was he of whom I said, ‘He who comes after me has surpassed me because he was before me.’”

These are the grammatical facts of John 1:14-15.  Who here will now TWIST these facts by adding to or changing the words of the scripture to FORCE this passage to teach what they WANT it to teach?

Kerwin?  Ed?  Nick?  Frank?  Gene?  Marty?  Which of you will be the first to butcher the scriptures for your self-serving doctrines?

Ready, set, GO!

Mike,

Your not the first one to butcher Scripture for your self-serving doctrine that Yahshua pre-existed his birth as his and our Father Yahweh's word and “a god” that was with Him in the beginning! :D

Did Yahshua Create Or Pre-exist His Birth?

“Jesus IS God!”?

F

that is not the answer or an answer ,try again

Now what was the question? ??? :D

NickHassan
    Participant

Hi MB,

The Word was with God.
    The Word was made flesh.

No relationship between Jesus and the Word till the Jordan and now Jesus Christ is the Word.

Frank4YAHWEH
    Participant

Quote (Nick Hassan @ May 07 2012,06:05)
    Hi MB,

The Word was with God.
    The Word was made flesh.

No relationship between Jesus and the Word till the Jordan and now Jesus Christ is the Word.

Nick,

Yahshua did not have any relationship with Father Yahweh's inspired prophetic word until he was immersed by Yahchanan in the Jordan? Not in accordance with Scripture clearly teaches!

NickHassan
    Participant

Hi FRank,
    He was familiar with the written word as his visit to the temple confirms.
    But the word that was with God and was God became one with him at the Jordan.

Frank4YAHWEH
    Participant

Quote (jammin @ May 07 2012,01:18)
    christ is the word in john 1.1

verse 14-18 confirms that

jammit,

In the beginning was the Christ, and the Christ was with God, and the Christ was God.

No! That most definitely is not how it reads in ANY translation!

Frank4YAHWEH
    Participant

Quote (Nick Hassan @ May 07 2012,06:16)
    Hi FRank,
    He was familiar with the written word as his visit to the temple confirms.
    But the word that was with God and was God became one with him at the Jordan.

Nick,

So YOUR “Jesus” was separate from YOUR “God's” word before he came to the Jordan? :D

Frank4YAHWEH
    Participant

Hi MB,

The Word was with God.
    The Word was made flesh.

Nick,

Nowhere in ANY translation does it ever say “Jesus Christ is the Word.

mikeboll64
    Blocked

Quote (Frank4YAHWEH @ May 06 2012,13:13)
    Nick,

Yahshua did not have any relationship with Father Yahweh's inspired prophetic word until he was immersed by Yahchanan in the Jordan? Not in accordance with Scripture clearly teaches!

Hallelujah!  

Nick, this just goes to show that you just can't claim things without scriptural support.  No one is buying what you're selling.  And it's frustrating to me that you won't actually ADDRESS the points I'm making, but instead just keep claiming this unscriptural garbage – as if it is an “answer” to my scriptural points. ???

NickHassan
    Participant

Hi MB,
    REASON is all you seem to have access to.
    It is not enough.

mikeboll64
    Blocked

As opposed to the NON-REASONABLE things YOU claim? ???

Mindless fluff.

NickHassan
    Participant

Hi Frank,
    The words of Jesus are Spirit and life.

kerwin
    Participant

Quote (Frank4YAHWEH @ May 07 2012,01:13)

Hi MB,

The Word was with God.
    The Word was made flesh.

Nick,

Frank

The Word of God is more than just his inspired prophetic word as prophecy is but one gift of the Spirit and John teaches us all things were created by it.

kerwin
    Participant

Quote (jammin @ May 06 2012,21:36)

Quote (kerwin @ May 04 2012,19:14)

Quote (jammin @ May 04 2012,13:59)

Quote (Nick Hassan @ May 04 2012,15:22)
    Hi Jammin,
    Tell us of the Word that WAS with God and WAS God

read the context
    john 1.1-4

1 εν αρχη ην ο λογος και ο λογος ην προς τον θεον και θεος ην ο λογος

2 ουτος ην εν αρχη προς τον θεον

3 παντα δι αυτου εγενετο και χωρις αυτου εγενετο ουδε εν ο γεγονεν

4 εν αυτω ζωη ην και η ζωη ην το φως των ανθρωπων

1 In the beginning was the Word, and the Word was with God, and the Word was God.

2 The same was in the beginning with God.

3 All things were made by him; and without him was not any thing made that was made.

4 In him was life; and the life was the light of men.

14 και ο λογος σαρξ εγενετο και εσκηνωσεν εν ημιν και εθεασαμεθα την δοξαν αυτου δοξαν ως μονογενους παρα πατρος πληρης χαριτος και αληθειας

15 ιωαννης μαρτυρει περι αυτου και κεκραγεν λεγων ουτος ην ον ειπον ο οπισω μου ερχομενος εμπροσθεν μου γεγονεν οτι πρωτος μου ην

16 και εκ του πληρωματος αυτου ημεις παντες ελαβομεν και χαριν αντι χαριτος

17 οτι ο νομος δια μωσεως εδοθη η χαρις και η αληθεια δια ιησου χριστου εγενετο

18 θεον ουδεις εωρακεν πωποτε ο μονογενης υιος ο ων εις τον κολπον του πατρος εκεινος εξηγησατο

in verse 3 and 4 it says “HIM”
    the word HIM (auto in greek) clearly explains that this “WORD” is not just a word that comes out from your mouth. it is a person!

a person means an individual. verse 14 and 18 identified this WORD in john 1.1, HE is the SON OF GOD! begotten son! monogenes huios in greek!

read well your bible and study hard nick.

for those who believe that the WORD is the HS, you can not read your opinion and i am 100% sure for that!
    john did not say that the WORD is the HS but the son of GOD! monogenes huios!

Jammin;

Why does Jesus call Wisdom her?

Luke 7:35
    King James Version (KJV)

35 But wisdom is justified of all her children.

Since Wisdom has children is not the Word of God his Son?

luke 7.35 is not the topic.

stick to the topic.

Jammin;

You make yourself look like a fool when you answer without thinking it through: which is why we are to be quick to listen, slow to speak, and slow to anger.

I did answer what you declared by pointing out Wisdom is both a her and a mother and likewise the Word is both a him and a son.

If you really do not have any answer but that foolishness you gushed forth then choose to remain silent; even as the proverb says; for then you will appear wise.

kerwin
    Participant

Quote (Frank4YAHWEH @ May 06 2012,00:23)
    Many believe that the name Yahshua (Yeshua, Jesus) is the name above every other name. Many point out the following passages of Scripture to prove that the name Yahshua (Yeshua, Jesus) is above every other name.

Philippians 2:9-11 – Wherefore Yahweh also has highly exalted him (Yahshua [Yeshua, Jesus]), and given him a name which is above every name:

That at the name of Yahshua every knee should bow, of [things] in heaven, and [things] in earth, and [things] under the earth;

And [that] every tongue should confess that Yahshua Messiah [is] Master, to the esteem of Yahweh the Father.

Ephesians 1:17-23 – That the Almighty One of our Master Yahshua Messiah, the Father of esteem, may give unto you the spirit of wisdom and revelation in the knowledge of Him:

The eyes of your understanding being enlightened; that you may know what is the hope of His calling, and what the riches of the esteem of His inheritance in the saints,

And what [is] the exceeding greatness of His power to us-ward who believe, according to the working of His mighty power,

Which He did work in Messiah, when He raised him from the dead, and set [him] at His own right hand in the heavenly [places],

Far above all principality, and power, and might, and dominion, and every name that is named, not only in this world, but also in that which is to come:

And has put all [things] under his feet, and gave him [to be] the head over all [things] to the assembly,

Which is his body, the fulness of Him that fills all in all.

I would like you to note that Father Yahweh has a Name Himself and He did give His son Yahshua his name. So, that with this understanding in agreement with the entire context of Scripture you can see that our Heavenly Father and Creator's Name is above all other names, even above the name of His son since He is the one Who gave him his name. Note also that the name Yahshua means 'Yahweh Is Redeemer'.

When we use this name Yahshua we are actually giving esteem to Father Yahweh by giving reverence to His Name as opposed to giving reverse to the name of His son Yahshua. Not that the name Yahshua should not also be reverenced, but to give our Heavenly Father and Creator's Name the greater etseem as our Supreme Redeemer as also did His son (cf. Philippians 2:11). It was his Father Yahweh who raised him from the dead!

“… Yahweh raised him from the dead: …”

Romans 10:10 – “For with the heart man believeth unto righteousness; and with the mouth confession is made unto redemption.”

Yahchanan Chapter Twelve

Then Yahshua six days before the passover came to Bethany, where Lazarus was which had been dead, whom he raised from the dead. There they made him a supper; and Martha served: but Lazarus was one of them that sat at the table with him. Then took Mary a pound of ointment of spikenard, [that was] very costly, and anointed the feet of Yahshua, and wiped his feet with her hair: and the house was filled with the odour of the ointment. Then said one of his disciples, Judas Iscariot, Kepha's [son], which should betray him, “Why was not this ointment sold for three hundred pence, and given to the poor?” This he said, not that he cared for the poor; but because he was a thief, and had the bag, and saw what was put therein. Then said Yahshua, Let her alone: against the day of my burying has she done this. For the poor are always with you; but me, I will not always be here. Many individuals among those who praise Yahweh with outstreched hands therefore knew that he was there: and they came not for Yahshuas' sake only, but that they might see Lazarus also, whom he had raised from the dead.

But the chief priests consulted with each other on how thaty might also put Lazarus to death; Because that by reason of him many of the Jews went away, and believed what Yahshua taught. The next day many people that had came to Yerusalem to observe the feast, heard that Yahshua was also coming to Yerusalem to observe the feast.

These people took branches of palm trees, and went ahead to meet him, and they cried out, “Hosanna: Blessed [is] the King of Israel that comes in the Name Yahweh. And Yahshua, when he had found a young ass, sat thereon; as it is written, Fear not, daughter of Zion: behold, your King comes, sitting on an ass's colt. His disciples didn't understand what he was saying at first: but when Yahshua was given esteem, they remembered that these things were written of him, and [that] they had done these things to him. The people therefore that was with him when he called Lazarus out of his grave, and raised him from the dead, bare record. For this cause the people also met him, for they heard that he had done this miracle.

The Pharisees therefore said among themselves, “See how he divises anything from Scripture? Look! It seems the whole world is listening to what he is teaching! And

There were certain Greeks among the people that came up to worship at the feast: They came to Philip, which was of Bethsaida of Galilee, and asked him, “Sir, Where can we see this man named Yahshua?” Philip told Andrew and they went and told Yashua that these men were looking for him.

Yahshua answered them, saying, The hour is come, that the Son of Man should be given esteem. For a surety, I say to you,

'Except a corn of wheat fall into the ground and die, it abides alone: but if it dies, it brings forth much fruit. He that loves his life shall lose it; and he that hates his life in this world shall keep it unto life eternal.

If any man wants to serve me, then come; and where I am, there shall also my servant be: if any man wants to serve me, my Father shall show you honor.

Now I am very troubled; and what should I say? 'Father, redeem me from this time of trouble!” But for this whay You sent me at this time.

Father, give Your Name Esteem. Then there came a voice from heaven …

“I have both eeteemed My Name, and will give it esteem again.” The people therefore, that stood by, and heard this, said that it thundered: others said, “A heavenly messenger spoke to him. “

Yahshua answered and said, This voice came not because of me, but for your sakes. Now is the judgment of this world: now shall the prince of this world be cast out. I, if I be lifted up from the earth, will draw all [men] unto me. This he said, signifying what death he should die.”

The people answered him, “We have heard out of the law that Messiah abideth for ever: And what say you? The Son of Man must be lifted up? Who is this Son of man?”

Then Yahshua said, “Yet a little while is the light with you. Walk while you have the light, lest darkness come upon you: for he that walketh in darkness knows not where he goes. While you have light, believe in the light, that you may be the children of light. “

These things spoke Yahshua, and departed, and did hide himself from them. But though he had done so many miracles before them, yet they believed not on him: That the saying of Isayah the prophet might be fulfilled, which he spoke, “Father Yahweh, who has believed our report? and to who has the arm of Yahweh been revealed?”

They could not believe, because Isayah also said, “He has blinded their eyes, and hardened their heart; that they should not see with [their] eyes, nor understand with [their] heart, and be converted, so that He might heal them.”

These things said Isayah, when he saw him being esteemed, and spoke of Him. Nevertheless among the chief rulers also many believed on him; but because of the Pharisees they did not confess [him], lest they should be put out of the synagogue: For they loved the praise of men more than the praise of Yahweh.

Yahshua cri
    ed and said, “He that believes me, believes not me, but on Him that sent me. And he that see me sees Him that sent me. I came as a light to the world, that whosoever believes me should not abide in darkness. And if any man hear my words, and believe not, I judge him not: for I came not to judge the world, but to reddeem the world. He that rejects me, and receives not my words, has one that will judge him! The word that I have spoken, these are the words that will judge him in the end. For I have not spoken of myself; but the Father which sent me, he gave me a commandment, what I should say, and what I should speak. And I know that His commandment is life everlasting: whatever the Father says to me, that is what I speak.”

The following passages of Scripture show that Father Yahweh is above His son Yahshua. So if Father Yahweh is above His son Yahshua, certainly His Name is above the name that He gave to His son.

Yahchanan [John] 14:28 – You have heard how I said unto you, I go away, and come [again] unto you. If you loved me, you would rejoice, because I said, I go unto the Father: for my Father is greater than I.

Mat 10:24 The student is not above [his] teacher, nor the servant above his master.

Yahshua, A Humble Sevant of Father Yahweh

Philippians 2:7 – “… taking the form of a servant, being made in the likeness of men.”

Mattithyah [Matthew] 21:42 – Yahshua said unto them, Did you never read in the Scriptures, The stone which the builders rejected, the same is become the head of the corner: this is the Yahweh's doing, and it is marvellous in our eyes?

1 Corinthians 11:3 – But I would have you know, that the head of every man is Messiah; and the head of the woman [is] the man; and the head of Messiah [is] Yahweh.

Acts 4:10-12 – Be it known unto you all, and to all the people of Israel, that by the name of Yahshua the Messiah of Nazareth, whom you executed, whom Yahweh raised from the dead, [even] by him dose this man stand here before you whole. This is the stone which was set at nought of you builders, which is become the head of the corner. Neither is there redemption in any other: for there is none other name under heaven given among men, whereby we must be redeemed.

Since the name “Yahshua” means “Yahweh Is Redeemer”, saying “Yahshua” still calls upon (evokes) the name of Yahweh.

For more scholarly information on the Name Yahweh, please click on the following hyperlinked text.

http://yahweh.yolasite.com
    SOURCE

Frank,

If I understand this correctly; then is a bunch of nonsense; as you should know; using the Hebrew Yahshua instead of the equally valid Greek Jesus. There are many Yahshua's in Scripture. Do they all have the name that is higher than every other name?

kerwin
    Participant

Mike,

The Word is what John calls Yahweh in John 1:1.

mikeboll64
    Blocked

No Kerwin,

The Word is who was WITH Yahweh in the beginning.

Good point about Yashua being a very popular name, and therefore not “the name above all other names”.

mikeboll64
    Blocked

Nick,

Who was existing in the form of God before being made into the likeness of a human being? (Phil 2)

NickHassan
    Participant

Hi MB,
    Christ Jesus.
    The Word that was with God, the anointing.

But Jesus the Nazarene was conceived of Mary.

Figured out the different ways of God yet?

mikeboll64
    Blocked

Quote (mikeboll64 @ May 06 2012,18:16)
    Nick,

Who was existing in the form of God before being made into the likeness of a human being?  (Phil 2)

Quote (Nick Hassan @ May 06 2012,18:33)
    Hi MB,
    Christ Jesus.
    The Word that was with God, the anointing.

And who died on a tree for us?

mikeboll64
    Blocked

Quote (Nick Hassan @ May 06 2012,18:33)
    Figured out the different ways of God yet?

Clang!

Viewing 20 posts - 6,941 through 6,960 (of 25,907 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

© 1999 - 2024 Heaven Net

Navigation

© 1999 - 2023 - Heaven Net
or

or    

Forgot your details?

or

Create Account