JOHN 1:1 who is the WORD?

Viewing 20 posts - 6,921 through 6,940 (of 25,907 total)
  • Author
    kerwin
    Participant

Quote (Nick Hassan @ May 05 2012,08:08)
    Hi KW,
    Jesus Christ is greater than John.
    So all in Christ are greater too.

Nick;

Since the least is greater than John; it follows the one with supremacy in all things is greater still; just as you wrote.

terraricca
    Participant

Quote (kerwin @ May 05 2012,20:50)
    T;

You do find my words in Scripture but you do not believe what they say; for it is written:

Romans 8:4
    King James Version (KJV)

4 That the righteousness of the law might be fulfilled in us, who walk not after the flesh, but after the Spirit.

Now since the Word of God is fulfilled in those that walk after the Spirit; how much more is it fulfilled in the one by whom the Spirit both comes by and enables them to walk by.

K

You are not on the questions that I have ask to answer ,you drifting away from the truth of scriptures

mikeboll64
    Blocked

John 1
    14 The Word became flesh and made his dwelling among us. We have seen his glory, the glory of the only begotten from the Father, full of grace and truth.

15 John testifies concerning him. He cries out, saying, “This was he of whom I said, ‘He who comes after me has surpassed me because he was before me.’”

The subject of verses 14 and 15 is “The Word”.  Knowing this, we can say:

1.  The Word became flesh.

2.  The Word made his dwelling among us.

3.  The Word had the glory of the only begotten from the Father, full of grace and truth.

4.  The Word is the one about whom John testified, saying, “This was he of whom I said, ‘He who comes after me has surpassed me because he was before me.’”

These are the grammatical facts of John 1:14-15.  Who here will now TWIST these facts by adding to or changing the words of the scripture to FORCE this passage to teach what they WANT it to teach?

Kerwin?  Ed?  Nick?  Frank?  Gene?  Marty?  Which of you will be the first to butcher the scriptures for your self-serving doctrines?

Ready, set, GO!

Frank4YAHWEH
    Participant

Quote (mikeboll64 @ May 05 2012,12:43)

Quote (kerwin @ May 04 2012,19:17)

Quote (mikeboll64 @ May 05 2012,06:26)

Quote (kerwin @ May 04 2012,18:15)
    Jesus inherited the name that is above every other name and that name is the Word of God.

The name Jesus inherited, no one knows but he himself.  Yet all of us know that he is named “the Word of God”, right?

Apparently then, “Word of God” is not the new name he inherited after being exalted.

Mike;

The Jews of the First Century believed that the Word of God was above every other name; for God does all things by his words; and all things in heaven and on earth are under the authority of his words.

Don't you believe the same thing?

Even above the Divine Name itself?  Show me.

Many believe that the name Yahshua (Yeshua, Jesus) is the name above every other name. Many point out the following passages of Scripture to prove that the name Yahshua (Yeshua, Jesus) is above every other name.

Philippians 2:9-11 – Wherefore Yahweh also has highly exalted him (Yahshua [Yeshua, Jesus]), and given him a name which is above every name:

That at the name of Yahshua every knee should bow, of [things] in heaven, and [things] in earth, and [things] under the earth;

And [that] every tongue should confess that Yahshua Messiah [is] Master, to the esteem of Yahweh the Father.

Ephesians 1:17-23 – That the Almighty One of our Master Yahshua Messiah, the Father of esteem, may give unto you the spirit of wisdom and revelation in the knowledge of Him:

The eyes of your understanding being enlightened; that you may know what is the hope of His calling, and what the riches of the esteem of His inheritance in the saints,

And what [is] the exceeding greatness of His power to us-ward who believe, according to the working of His mighty power,

Which He did work in Messiah, when He raised him from the dead, and set [him] at His own right hand in the heavenly [places],

Far above all principality, and power, and might, and dominion, and every name that is named, not only in this world, but also in that which is to come:

And has put all [things] under his feet, and gave him [to be] the head over all [things] to the assembly,

Which is his body, the fulness of Him that fills all in all.

I would like you to note that Father Yahweh has a Name Himself and He did give His son Yahshua his name. So, that with this understanding in agreement with the entire context of Scripture you can see that our Heavenly Father and Creator's Name is above all other names, even above the name of His son since He is the one Who gave him his name. Note also that the name Yahshua means 'Yahweh Is Redeemer'.

When we use this name Yahshua we are actually giving esteem to Father Yahweh by giving reverence to His Name as opposed to giving reverse to the name of His son Yahshua. Not that the name Yahshua should not also be reverenced, but to give our Heavenly Father and Creator's Name the greater etseem as our Supreme Redeemer as also did His son (cf. Philippians 2:11). It was his Father Yahweh who raised him from the dead!

“… Yahweh raised him from the dead: …”

Romans 10:10 – “For with the heart man believeth unto righteousness; and with the mouth confession is made unto redemption.”

Yahchanan Chapter Twelve

Then Yahshua six days before the passover came to Bethany, where Lazarus was which had been dead, whom he raised from the dead. There they made him a supper; and Martha served: but Lazarus was one of them that sat at the table with him. Then took Mary a pound of ointment of spikenard, [that was] very costly, and anointed the feet of Yahshua, and wiped his feet with her hair: and the house was filled with the odour of the ointment. Then said one of his disciples, Judas Iscariot, Kepha's [son], which should betray him, “Why was not this ointment sold for three hundred pence, and given to the poor?” This he said, not that he cared for the poor; but because he was a thief, and had the bag, and saw what was put therein. Then said Yahshua, Let her alone: against the day of my burying has she done this. For the poor are always with you; but me, I will not always be here. Many individuals among those who praise Yahweh with outstreched hands therefore knew that he was there: and they came not for Yahshuas' sake only, but that they might see Lazarus also, whom he had raised from the dead.

But the chief priests consulted with each other on how thaty might also put Lazarus to death; Because that by reason of him many of the Jews went away, and believed what Yahshua taught. The next day many people that had came to Yerusalem to observe the feast, heard that Yahshua was also coming to Yerusalem to observe the feast.

These people took branches of palm trees, and went ahead to meet him, and they cried out, “Hosanna: Blessed [is] the King of Israel that comes in the Name Yahweh. And Yahshua, when he had found a young ass, sat thereon; as it is written, Fear not, daughter of Zion: behold, your King comes, sitting on an ass's colt. His disciples didn't understand what he was saying at first: but when Yahshua was given esteem, they remembered that these things were written of him, and [that] they had done these things to him. The people therefore that was with him when he called Lazarus out of his grave, and raised him from the dead, bare record. For this cause the people also met him, for they heard that he had done this miracle.

The Pharisees therefore said among themselves, “See how he divises anything from Scripture? Look! It seems the whole world is listening to what he is teaching! And

There were certain Greeks among the people that came up to worship at the feast: They came to Philip, which was of Bethsaida of Galilee, and asked him, “Sir, Where can we see this man named Yahshua?” Philip told Andrew and they went and told Yashua that these men were looking for him.

Yahshua answered them, saying, The hour is come, that the Son of Man should be given esteem. For a surety, I say to you,

'Except a corn of wheat fall into the ground and die, it abides alone: but if it dies, it brings forth much fruit. He that loves his life shall lose it; and he that hates his life in this world shall keep it unto life eternal.

If any man wants to serve me, then come; and where I am, there shall also my servant be: if any man wants to serve me, my Father shall show you honor.

Now I am very troubled; and what should I say? 'Father, redeem me from this time of trouble!” But for this whay You sent me at this time.

Father, give Your Name Esteem. Then there came a voice from heaven …

“I have both eeteemed My Name, and will give it esteem again.” The people therefore, that stood by, and heard this, said that it thundered: others said, “A heavenly messenger spoke to him. “

Yahshua answered and said, This voice came not because of me, but for your sakes. Now is the judgment of this world: now shall the prince of this world be
    cast out. I, if I be lifted up from the earth, will draw all [men] unto me. This he said, signifying what death he should die.”

The people answered him, “We have heard out of the law that Messiah abideth for ever: And what say you? The Son of Man must be lifted up? Who is this Son of man?”

Then Yahshua said, “Yet a little while is the light with you. Walk while you have the light, lest darkness come upon you: for he that walketh in darkness knows not where he goes. While you have light, believe in the light, that you may be the children of light. “

These things spoke Yahshua, and departed, and did hide himself from them. But though he had done so many miracles before them, yet they believed not on him: That the saying of Isayah the prophet might be fulfilled, which he spoke, “Father Yahweh, who has believed our report? and to who has the arm of Yahweh been revealed?”

They could not believe, because Isayah also said, “He has blinded their eyes, and hardened their heart; that they should not see with [their] eyes, nor understand with [their] heart, and be converted, so that He might heal them.”

These things said Isayah, when he saw him being esteemed, and spoke of Him. Nevertheless among the chief rulers also many believed on him; but because of the Pharisees they did not confess [him], lest they should be put out of the synagogue: For they loved the praise of men more than the praise of Yahweh.

Yahshua cried and said, “He that believes me, believes not me, but on Him that sent me. And he that see me sees Him that sent me. I came as a light to the world, that whosoever believes me should not abide in darkness. And if any man hear my words, and believe not, I judge him not: for I came not to judge the world, but to reddeem the world. He that rejects me, and receives not my words, has one that will judge him! The word that I have spoken, these are the words that will judge him in the end. For I have not spoken of myself; but the Father which sent me, he gave me a commandment, what I should say, and what I should speak. And I know that His commandment is life everlasting: whatever the Father says to me, that is what I speak.”

The following passages of Scripture show that Father Yahweh is above His son Yahshua. So if Father Yahweh is above His son Yahshua, certainly His Name is above the name that He gave to His son.

Yahchanan [John] 14:28 – You have heard how I said unto you, I go away, and come [again] unto you. If you loved me, you would rejoice, because I said, I go unto the Father: for my Father is greater than I.

Mat 10:24 The student is not above [his] teacher, nor the servant above his master.

Yahshua, A Humble Sevant of Father Yahweh

Philippians 2:7 – “… taking the form of a servant, being made in the likeness of men.”

Mattithyah [Matthew] 21:42 – Yahshua said unto them, Did you never read in the Scriptures, The stone which the builders rejected, the same is become the head of the corner: this is the Yahweh's doing, and it is marvellous in our eyes?

1 Corinthians 11:3 – But I would have you know, that the head of every man is Messiah; and the head of the woman [is] the man; and the head of Messiah [is] Yahweh.

Acts 4:10-12 – Be it known unto you all, and to all the people of Israel, that by the name of Yahshua the Messiah of Nazareth, whom you executed, whom Yahweh raised from the dead, [even] by him dose this man stand here before you whole. This is the stone which was set at nought of you builders, which is become the head of the corner. Neither is there redemption in any other: for there is none other name under heaven given among men, whereby we must be redeemed.

Since the name “Yahshua” means “Yahweh Is Redeemer”, saying “Yahshua” still calls upon (evokes) the name of Yahweh.

For more scholarly information on the Name Yahweh, please click on the following hyperlinked text.

http://yahweh.yolasite.com
    SOURCE

NickHassan
    Participant

Hi MB,
    The WORD was before John.
    The WORD proceeded forth AND came from God

NickHassan
    Participant

Hi MB,
    Why do you say that anyone who does not agree with you is butchering the scriptures?

Frank4YAHWEH
    Participant

Quote (mikeboll64 @ May 06 2012,01:34)
    John 1
    14 The Word became flesh and made his dwelling among us. We have seen his glory, the glory of the only begotten from the Father, full of grace and truth.

15 John testifies concerning him. He cries out, saying, “This was he of whom I said, ‘He who comes after me has surpassed me because he was before me.’”

3.  The Word had the glory of the only begotten from the Father, full of grace and truth.

4.  The Word is the one about whom John testified, saying, “This was he of whom I said, ‘He who comes after me has surpassed me because he was before me.’”

These are the grammatical facts of John 1:14-15.  Who here will now TWIST these facts by adding to or changing the words of the scripture to FORCE this passage to teach what they WANT it to teach?

Kerwin?  Ed?  Nick?  Frank?  Gene?  Marty?  Which of you will be the first to butcher the scriptures for your self-serving doctrines?

Ready, set, GO!

Mike,

Your not the first one to butcher Scripture for your self-serving doctrine that Yahshua pre-existed his birth as his and our Father Yahweh's word and “a god” that was with Him in the beginning! :D

Did Yahshua Create Or Pre-exist His Birth?

“Jesus IS God!”?

Ed J
    Participant

John 1

4.  The Word is the one about whom John testified, saying, “This was he of whom I said,
        ‘He who comes after me has surpassed me because he was before me.’”

Ready, set, GO!

Hi Mike,

1.  The Word(HolySpirit in Jesus) became flesh.

2.  The Word(HolySpirit in Jesus) made his dwelling among us.

3.  The Word(HolySpirit in Jesus) had the glory of the only begotten from the Father, full of grace and truth.

4. The Word(HolySpirit in Jesus) is the one about whom John testified, saying,
        This was he of whom I spake, He that cometh after me is preferred before me: for he was before me.

God bless
    Ed J (Joshua 22:34)
    http://www.holycitybiblecode.org

terraricca
    Participant

Quote (Frank4YAHWEH @ May 06 2012,13:47)

John 1

Ready, set, GO!

Mike,

Your not the first one to butcher Scripture for your self-serving doctrine that Yahshua pre-existed his birth as his and our Father Yahweh's word and “a god” that was with Him in the beginning! :D

Did Yahshua Create Or Pre-exist His Birth?

“Jesus IS God!”?

F

that is not the answer or an answer ,try again

terraricca
    Participant

Quote (Ed J @ May 06 2012,13:57)

John 1

4.  The Word is the one about whom John testified, saying, “This was he of whom I said,

Ready, set, GO!

Hi Mike,

3.  The Word(HolySpirit in Jesus) had the glory of the only begotten from the Father, full of grace and truth.

This was he of whom I spake, He that cometh after me is preferred before me: for he was before me.

God bless

edj

that is not the answer those are opinions that change those scriptures,

so try again ,and this time do not interprete what as not to be ,ok

terraricca
    Participant

Quote (Nick Hassan @ May 06 2012,13:00)
    Hi MB,
    Why do you say that anyone who does not agree with you is butchering the scriptures?

N

it is more like cosmetic surgery ;to make it like we see it fit .

but that is not the truth right ????

Ed J
    Participant

Quote (terraricca @ May 06 2012,07:05)

Hi MB,

N

Hi Pierre,

It is nice to hear you admit the truth.

God bless

NickHassan
    Participant

Quote (Ed J @ May 06 2012,06:57)

John 1

Ready, set, GO!

Hi Mike,

God bless

Yes ED.

terraricca
    Participant

Quote (Ed J @ May 06 2012,14:29)

Quote (terraricca @ May 06 2012,07:05)

Hi MB,

N

Hi Pierre,

It is nice to hear you admit the truth.

God bless

edj and N

this also is not the answer

Spock
    Participant

Arius's error when followed to it's conclusion has God the Father birthing a new God, a 30 something carpenter who now has all power and authority in heaven and on earth at his disposal as he rules in the interim. Like a temp-God.

The mental or faith blocks that the Arians suffer from are these:

* they can conceive of Gabriel, Satan, Michael and all sorts of angelic beings existing in heaven but not the creator Son. Were these all also “the Word” in the beginning?

* they “choose” to emphasize and believe in the “ascension” into heaven, but deny the coming down from heaven.

* they place heavier weight on those occasions where secondary narratives have men saying that “God raised him up” from the dead and ignore where Jesus himself stated that he would raise himself, up when both are true.

Jesus Christ is, to all intents and purposes, God to us. He is the way, he has always been the way. “The way” is not to be confused with the Pagan interpretations of Jesus as a human sacrifice.

Colter

jammin
    Participant

christ is the word in john 1.1

verse 14-18 confirms that

mikeboll64
    Blocked

Quote (Nick Hassan @ May 05 2012,14:40)

Quote (Ed J @ May 06 2012,06:57)

John 1

Ready, set, GO!

Hi Mike,

God bless
    Ed J

Yes ED.

Ed,

I am glad to learn that you no longer feel the need to invent a new subject into verses 14 and 15 like you used to do.  (I remember how you used to claim that part of the passage was about the Holy Spirit, and the other part was about Jesus.)

So now that you have come to the correct understanding that the whole passage is about the same person/thing/subject, and Nick also agrees, let the unraveling begin:

John 1
    1 In the beginning was the Word (Holy Spirit in Jesus), and the Word (Holy Spirit in Jesus) was with God………….

Since you say the Word who became flesh was the Holy Spirit in Jesus, then it stands to reason that the Word had to have been the Holy Spirit in Jesus before the Holy Spirit in Jesus BECAME flesh, right?  Or will you now resort to adding the word “IN” into the verse to fulfill your doctrine?

16 From the fullness of his grace (the grace of the Holy Spirit in Jesus) we have all received one blessing after another. 17 For the law was given through Moses; grace and truth came through Jesus Christ (the Holy Spirit in Jesus).

Are these also true to your understanding, Ed?  Nick?

(Btw, I appreciate Ed actually ADDRESSING my post, while Nick continues to post blather and Frank continues to “own me” by running away from the point altogether.  Kudos to you, Ed.)

jammin
    Participant

Quote (kerwin @ May 04 2012,19:14)

Quote (jammin @ May 04 2012,13:59)

Quote (Nick Hassan @ May 04 2012,15:22)
    Hi Jammin,
    Tell us of the Word that WAS with God and WAS God

read the context
    john 1.1-4

1 εν αρχη ην ο λογος και ο λογος ην προς τον θεον και θεος ην ο λογος

2 ουτος ην εν αρχη προς τον θεον

3 παντα δι αυτου εγενετο και χωρις αυτου εγενετο ουδε εν ο γεγονεν

4 εν αυτω ζωη ην και η ζωη ην το φως των ανθρωπων

1 In the beginning was the Word, and the Word was with God, and the Word was God.

2 The same was in the beginning with God.

3 All things were made by him; and without him was not any thing made that was made.

4 In him was life; and the life was the light of men.

14 και ο λογος σαρξ εγενετο και εσκηνωσεν εν ημιν και εθεασαμεθα την δοξαν αυτου δοξαν ως μονογενους παρα πατρος πληρης χαριτος και αληθειας

15 ιωαννης μαρτυρει περι αυτου και κεκραγεν λεγων ουτος ην ον ειπον ο οπισω μου ερχομενος εμπροσθεν μου γεγονεν οτι πρωτος μου ην

16 και εκ του πληρωματος αυτου ημεις παντες ελαβομεν και χαριν αντι χαριτος

17 οτι ο νομος δια μωσεως εδοθη η χαρις και η αληθεια δια ιησου χριστου εγενετο

18 θεον ουδεις εωρακεν πωποτε ο μονογενης υιος ο ων εις τον κολπον του πατρος εκεινος εξηγησατο

in verse 3 and 4 it says “HIM”
    the word HIM (auto in greek) clearly explains that this “WORD” is not just a word that comes out from your mouth. it is a person!

a person means an individual. verse 14 and 18 identified this WORD in john 1.1, HE is the SON OF GOD! begotten son! monogenes huios in greek!

read well your bible and study hard nick.

for those who believe that the WORD is the HS, you can not read your opinion and i am 100% sure for that!
    john did not say that the WORD is the HS but the son of GOD! monogenes huios!

Jammin;

Why does Jesus call Wisdom her?

Luke 7:35
    King James Version (KJV)

35 But wisdom is justified of all her children.

Since Wisdom has children is not the Word of God his Son?

luke 7.35 is not the topic.

stick to the topic.

NickHassan
    Participant

Hi MB,
    You say
    “Since you say the Word who became flesh was the Holy Spirit in Jesus, then it stands to reason that the Word had to have been the Holy Spirit in Jesus before the Holy Spirit in Jesus BECAME flesh, right?”

Wrong.
    REASON does not rule.
    You do struggle with the ways of God
    Jesus was not said to have had the Holy Spirit before the jordan.

mikeboll64
    Blocked

Then “the Holy Spirit in Jesus” cannot possibly be what/who BECAME flesh, right?

For “the Holy Spirit in Jesus” to BECOME flesh, “the Holy Spirit in Jesus” must have been existing as something OTHER THAN flesh before it/he BECAME flesh.

So, was “the Holy Spirit in Jesus existing as something else before it/he became flesh?

Viewing 20 posts - 6,921 through 6,940 (of 25,907 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

© 1999 - 2024 Heaven Net

Navigation

© 1999 - 2023 - Heaven Net
or

or    

Forgot your details?

or

Create Account