JOHN 1:1 who is the WORD?

Viewing 20 posts - 6,721 through 6,740 (of 25,908 total)
  • Author
    kerwin
    Participant

Charity;

WOW! SPECKS FOR ITSELF SIR…iT SURE IS AS INSANE AS IT SOUNDS…THAT EVEN, SERVES, NEVER ARGUE WITH FOOLS.. LEAST  THE ON LOOKER MAY NOT TELL THE DIFFERENCE, HENCE, FOOLISHNESS MIGHT RIEGN..

You are correct that your words as well as mine speak for themselves.  I know God is loving and seek to be loving as he is.  My words bear witness to this.  It is my hope that you also will seek to be loving as God is.

kerwin
    Participant

Quote (Nick Hassan @ May 01 2012,04:58)
    Hi KW,
    As long as you realise the mind serves the Spirit.

Nick,

Reason not based on the Spirit is flawed because it is based on untruth.

NickHassan
    Participant

Hi KW,
    God expects obedience.
    He does not debate with greeks.
    Faith comes from hearing;and hearing the Word of God
    His gentle ways belie His response to those who have ignored the opportunity of rescue

kerwin
    Participant

Colter,

Do you know what a hypothesis is?

Wikipedia states “A hypothesis is a proposed explanation for a phenomenon”.

I have not the time to chase mirages seen by those that do not have the Spirit.

I will point out that that the NIV was updated in 2011 but the books therein existed many years previous.  I am sure that, unless the Hebrew language or culture never changed, the Scrolls were updated as well.

NickHassan
    Participant

Quote (kerwin @ May 01 2012,10:12)

Quote (Nick Hassan @ May 01 2012,04:58)
    Hi KW,
    As long as you realise the mind serves the Spirit.

Nick,

Reason not based on the Spirit is flawed because it is based on untruth.

Hi KW,
    Men still use the Word to uphold reason.
    That is not the way

charity
    Participant

Quote (Nick Hassan @ April 30 2012,16:47)
    Hi Frank,
    Indeed Jesus Christ was the WORD personified.
    God spoke through his servant Son

Hi Nick, perhaps some might understand the context

“WORD” = GOVERNMENT

Government is a code of respect.

For Jesus was an is expected to rule a literal city..an act as the government In Word…hence.. new Jerusulem to desend!, CREATED THEY for him….In “WORD”…an there still REMAINS the original throne of Davids on earth…That was very much his concern.. he sit, not anywhere near his father Davids throne, as if the “WORD” imply… day to day, Life conditions on earth had little importance…even though he was, prophetically morned an waited for, that he would save them from serving opressors..(Roman) (funny, 2 Jerusluem now>>since then, (one for Jesus)… an the main everlasting Throne (Davids) for the Romans) An still there today, with another bum on the seat. Awaiting the next seige on the predicted everlasting throne on earth..hence.all by faith! to be seen!

Isa 9:6 For unto us a child is born, unto us a son is given: and the government shall be upon his shoulder: and his name shall be called Wonderful, Counsellor, The mighty God, The everlasting Father, The Prince of Peace.
    Isa 9:7 Of the increase of [his] government and peace [there shall be] no end, upon the throne of David, and upon his kingdom, to order it, and to establish it with judgment and with justice from henceforth even for ever. The zeal of the LORD of hosts will perform this.
    Isa 9:8¶The Lord sent a word into Jacob, and it hath lighted upon Israel.

mikeboll64
    Blocked

Quote (Frank4YAHWEH @ April 30 2012,11:18)
    Take your foolishness and present it to Mike and t8, since they seem to be the ones that you have the most fun with!

I'm with you on this one, Frank. What else would God have “begotten”? A daughter? ???

There is no doubt that “son” is implied in the teaching.

mikeboll64
    Blocked

Quote (Frank4YAHWEH @ April 30 2012,11:23)

Quote (mikeboll64 @ April 30 2012,03:07)

FRANK, the pronouns were written in the MASCULINE form by John, so you need the play the hand you've been dealt and live with it.

Mike,

Don't be fooled! Yahchanan never done any of the translations that you are reading!  :D

The oldest mss found so far have the masculine form of the Greek pronouns associated with “the Word”.

If we ever uncover older ones with neuter pronouns, I will take another look at my understanding. Until then, I accept the available evidence that “the Word” was a “HE”, and not an “IT”.

kerwin
    Participant

Quote (Nick Hassan @ May 01 2012,05:14)
    Hi KW,
    God expects obedience.
    He does not debate with greeks.
    Faith comes from hearing;and hearing the Word of God
    His gentle ways belie His response to those who have ignored the opportunity of rescue

Nick,

Acts 17:2
    New King James Version (NKJV)

2 Then Paul, as his custom was, went in to them, and for three Sabbaths reasoned with them from the Scriptures,

God does engage in reasoning but not in bickering.

kerwin
    Participant

Quote (mikeboll64 @ May 01 2012,06:19)

FRANK, the pronouns were written in the MASCULINE form by John, so you need the play the hand you've been dealt and live with it.

Mike,

Don't be fooled! Yahchanan never done any of the translations that you are reading!  :D

The oldest mss found so far have the masculine form of the Greek pronouns associated with “the Word”.

If we ever uncover older ones with neuter pronouns, I will take another look at my understanding.  Until then, I accept the available evidence that “the Word” was a “HE”, and not an “IT”.

Mike,

It is not going to happen as Word is a masculine noun.  Word would have to changed to a neuter synonym for it to be correct Ancient Greek grammar.

Spock
    Participant

Quote (Ed J @ May 01 2012,09:20)
    HI Colter,

Hearsay and popular opinion,
    nothing that could be considered as evidence?

Pointing to (Chronicles and Kings) the books of the scribes of the king,
    to classify these as less than canon, would the book of Urantia not fall into this same classification?

God bless
    Ed J (Joshua 22:34)
    http://www.holycitybiblecode.org

Pride blinds Ed j, you have your entire faith life invested in the perfection of the Bible. There is little chance that you could ever concede imperfection of “the idol”. The Jehovah's Witness sect would not be happy with you either.

I find that people don't believe some of the bigger whoppers in the bible because they sound true, they believe them because they are in the current collection of books that comprise the Bible.

For instance, if the flood story was not in the Bible and someone recently dug up a story like that with the Dead Sea scrolls, then thinking men would discount such a ridiculous story out of hand. But, because the Hebrews wrote that in to connect dead end blood lines with Adam, people actually teach that nonsense. And not only do innocent children trust it because the adults teach it, but adults actually still believe the flood story.

Anyhow, you can and will ignore the analysis used to show the evidence of multiple authors in the OT books, carry on.

Colter

charity
    Participant

Quote (mikeboll64 @ May 01 2012,11:16)

Quote (Frank4YAHWEH @ April 30 2012,11:18)
    Take your foolishness and present it to Mike and t8, since they seem to be the ones that you have the most fun with!

I'm with you on this one, Frank.  What else would God have “begotten”?  A daughter?   ???

There is no doubt that “son” is implied in the teaching.

begotten is formed threw desire…..MY THOUGHTS NOT COMPLAINTS..

King James Version (KJV)
    Matthew – Chapter 12

Mat 12:18 Behold my servant, whom I have chosen; my beloved, in whom my soul is well pleased: I will put my spirit upon him, and he shall shew judgment to the Gentiles.

Mat 12:19 He shall not strive, nor cry; neither shall any man hear his voice in the streets.
    (Except for John eco..ing his WORD)

Mat 12:20 A bruised reed shall he not break, and smoking flax shall he not quench, till he send forth judgment unto victory.
    ( POWER, HOPE IS A FADING)

Mat 12:21 And in his name shall the Gentiles trust.

Mat 12:22¶Then was brought unto him one possessed with a devil, blind, and dumb: and he healed him, insomuch that the blind and dumb both spake and saw. ( SOME MOSES TOUCH UPS)

Mat 12:23 And all the people were amazed, and said, Is not this the son of David????????

Mat 12:24 But when the Pharisees heard [it], they said, This [fellow] doth not cast out devils, but by Beelzebub the prince of the devils. (TIME TO SPOIL His house guy'sBefore he spoils ours? careful they agree! want you to eat the sign, no ristance)

Mat 12:29 Or else how can one enter into a strong man's house, and spoil his goods, except he first bind the strong man? and then he will spoil his house.

Mat 12:33¶Either make the tree good, and his fruit good; or else make the tree corrupt, and his fruit corrupt: for the tree is known by [his] fruit. (YEP EXACTLY, LETS TWIST  EVERYTHING SO MUCH tHAT RESEMBLES GOOD)

Mat 12:37 For by thy words thou shalt be justified, and by thy words thou shalt be condemned. (SOMETIME LATTER THEY WILL HAVE TO AWAKEN)

:38¶Then certain of the scribes and of the Pharisees answered, saying, Master, we would see a sign from thee.
    (NO i AM NOT THE FIRST AN THE ONLY BEGOTTEN sON SEEN, WEAR SOME EARS PLEASE PRIESTS OF gOD)

Mat 12:39 But he answered and said unto them, An evil and adulterous generation seeketh after a sign; and there shall no sign be given to it, but the sign of the prophet Jonas:
    (But haha,  I bet you want to destroy me just to see? AN FUNNY ENOUGH YOU MAY HAVE CREATE YOUR THE UNWORTHY SIGN I  HAVE PROMISED NOT)

Mat 12:40 For as Jonas was three days and three nights in the whale's belly; so shall the Son of man be three days and three nights in the heart of the earth.
    But you just said no sign will be given to these mob of priests) (other than Jonas)

Mat 12:41 The men of Nineveh shall rise in judgment with this generation, and shall condemn it: because they repented at the preaching of Jonas; and, behold, a greater than Jonas [is] here.
    ( prepare for the unknown an hand the key's to condemn on incase I cant return before this generation pass's)

Mat 12:42 The queen of the south shall rise up in the judgment with this generation, and shall condemn it: for she came from the uttermost parts of the earth to hear the wisdom of Solomon; and, behold, a greater than Solomon [is] here.
    WELL WHY NOT sOLOMAN> Himself? NO jUST OTHER BLOOD THAT MANAGES TO HEAR AN CHANGE DIRECTION, THEY ARE A FIERCE FORCE TO RECON WITH!

terraricca
    Participant

Quote (Colter @ May 01 2012,14:59)

Quote (terraricca @ May 01 2012,07:48)

Quote (Colter @ May 01 2012,14:35)

Quote (terraricca @ May 01 2012,07:16)

Quote (Colter @ May 01 2012,12:28)

Quote (terraricca @ May 01 2012,04:44)
    colter

Hi terraricca,

Well, even as a child i knew the Genesis story was a porky. I used to ask uncomfortable questions in Sunday school which went unanswered by the innocent teachers. I've always known that Noah's flood was a vast exageration, so latter in life, when I found a better explanation then those more primitive teachings, I was better able to accept them. But ya have to assume that when a story is written by people who call themselves “Gods chosen people” then they may take certain liberties with how they themselves figure into world history.

Colter

it is obvious from your explanation that you have rejected Gods word and the sacrifice of his son ,and so your faith is null, you are a social believer not in God but in men ability to learn to live in a social way,

this is the mystery of the gospel.

Jesus didn't believe the OT was “Gods word”. The OT doesn’t even say it's “Gods Word”.

Jesus' Gospel, long before the unjust cross, did not teach human sacrifice. That idea came from the Pagans that invented Christianity as well as the Jewish converts who were used to blood sacrifice. Jesus didn't teach, preach or practice blood sacrifice. Drinking blood and eating flesh is a vampire thing.

Colter

colter

Lk 24:24 Then some of our companions went to the tomb and found it just as the women had said, but him they did not see.”
    Lk 24:25 He said to them, “How foolish you are, and how slow of heart to believe all that the prophets have spoken!
    Lk 24:26 Did not the Christ have to suffer these things and then enter his glory?”
    Lk 24:27 And beginning with Moses and all the Prophets, he explained to them what was said in all the Scriptures concerning himself.

you are not my brother in teaching what you say,and here I quote you some scriptures that are in direct oposition to your view,

you are of the world not of Christ ,

It's not strange that Luke, a Jewish convert to the Christian movement, would write in this way. The Jews were also terrorized by the temple authorities who more or less knew that the OT books were not written by God. But the scriptures did retain many beautiful and true things.

Jesus also said that he who is not against us is with us, but many self righteous Christians presume to judge who is saved and who isn't.

God knows my heart; I don't really care what you think of me.

Colter

colter

I do not judge you for your live ,I judge your comments and compere it to scriptures ,it does not matter what I think you think we all stand before Gods throne of judgement ,no escape,

I just say what is in scriptures ,but you know better than scripures ,this is we are now going each his own way ,and God will judge us .

That’s exactly what the religious people did that killed Jesus, the hid behind the scripture.

Colter

colter

wrong again ,they did not believe in scriptures just like you ,

if they would have believed they would have recognized the Christ

Ed J
    Participant

Quote (Colter @ May 01 2012,11:36)

Quote (Ed J @ May 01 2012,09:20)
    HI Colter,

Hearsay and popular opinion,
    nothing that could be considered as evidence?

Pointing to (Chronicles and Kings) the books of the scribes of the king,
    to classify these as less than canon, would the book of Urantia not fall into this same classification?

God bless

Pride blinds Ed j, you have your entire faith life invested in the perfection of the Bible. There is little chance that you could ever concede imperfection of “the idol”. The Jehovah's Witness sect would not be happy with you either.

I find that people don't believe some of the bigger whoppers in the bible because they sound true, they believe them because they are in the current collection of books that comprise the Bible.

For instance, if the flood story was not in the Bible and someone recently dug up a story like that with the Dead Sea scrolls, then thinking men would discount such a ridiculous story out of hand. But, because the Hebrews wrote that in to connect dead end blood lines with Adam, people actually teach that nonsense. And not only do innocent children trust it because the adults teach it, but adults actually still believe the flood story.

Anyhow, you can and will ignore the analysis used to show the  evidence of multiple authors in the OT books, carry on.

Colter

Hi Colter, (Link to evidence)

Rudimentary logic proves nothing either.
    I have documented the authenticity of the “The Bible's” divine Authorship.
    The only thing the book of Urania has is its self proclamations. (kinda like the quran)

God bless

kerwin
    Participant

Colter,

Why do you believe the suppositions of so-called experts who do not know God are of any great importance?

The goal of the message is to be righteous as God is righteous.  The hypothesis of these ignorant and corrupt men are of no aid in obtaining that purpose.

Frank4YAHWEH
    Participant

Quote (mikeboll64 @ May 01 2012,11:19)

Mike,

If we ever uncover older ones with neuter pronouns, I will take another look at my understanding.  Until then, I accept the available evidence that “the Word” was a “HE”, and not an “IT”.

Mike,

The oldest manuscripts of Father Yahweh's inspired prophetic word are not Greek, but Hebrew. Father Yahweh's word did not exist with him in the beginning as a separate being apart from Him. This is why the article that I presented asks you to look at it from a Hebrew perspective and not Greek.

terraricca
    Participant

Quote (Frank4YAHWEH @ May 01 2012,21:04)

Quote (mikeboll64 @ May 01 2012,11:19)

Mike,

Mike,

The oldest manuscripts of Father Yahweh's inspired prophetic word are not Greek, but Hebrew. Father Yahweh's word did not exist with him in the beginning as a separate being apart from Him. This is why the article that I presented asks you to look at it from a Hebrew perspective and not Greek.

F

Paul disagree with you in Col 1;15-18 and Solomon in Prov;8;22 -31,

but in your view they are liars and so not saints ,or have not been inspired right ??? yes

if you believe that this men are liars but then you have no faith of any kind,not even in God because you have made God lower than men ,and in need of men ,this will result in the judgement of Uzzah

NickHassan
    Participant

Hi T,
    You misunderstand.
    Prov 8 speaks of wisdom does it not?
    All creation is of the wisdom of God and is as a sign to men of His existence

jammin
    Participant

the word is the mongenes huios

begotten son or son of GOD (john 1.18)

case closed

NickHassan
    Participant

Hi Jammin,
    Yes the WORD of God has explained God.
    Thank God Jesus was a clean and obedient vessel for God

Viewing 20 posts - 6,721 through 6,740 (of 25,908 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

© 1999 - 2024 Heaven Net

Navigation

© 1999 - 2023 - Heaven Net
or

or    

Forgot your details?

or

Create Account