JOHN 1:1 who is the WORD?

Viewing 20 posts - 6,361 through 6,380 (of 25,909 total)
  • Author
    jammin
    Participant

i believe what john says that the word is the son of God

case closed

Ed J
    Participant

Quote (jammin @ April 24 2012,00:08)

Quote (Nick Hassan @ April 23 2012,05:49)
    Hi Jammin,
    the Word WAS God.

yes nick
    that is the nature of the Word, GOD.

Hi Jammin,

The “HolySpirit” can be nothing but himself; do you agree?

God bless
    Ed J (Joshua 22:34)
    http://www.holycitybiblecode.org

Ed J
    Participant

Quote (jammin @ April 24 2012,00:09)
    i believe what john says that the word is the son of God

case closed

Don't bother me with the facts because I already have my mind made up   ~ Jammin

kerwin
    Participant

Quote (Nick Hassan @ April 23 2012,12:11)
    hi KW,
    Yes he and creation were cursed when he was in his original body.
    We inherited it.

Nick,

Adam was cursed with weakness, mortality, and adversity.  Never the less the Spirit struggled against these things until God grew tired of the sins of man and granted them even a more limited lifespan.

The Spirit can not work with the mortal body but requires an  immortal body that is not subject to frustration.

NickHassan
    Participant

Hi KW,
    Really?
    You have personal interpretations.
    The Spirit lived in the man Jesus and in the apostles and can live in your mortal body.

Rom 8

Ed J
    Participant

Hi Nick, agreed!

Romans 8:16-19 The Spirit itself beareth witness with our spirit, that we are the “Children of God:”

And if children, then heirs; heirs of God, and joint-heirs with Christ; if so be that we suffer with him,
    that we may be also glorified together. For I reckon that the sufferings of this present time are not
    worthy to be compared with the glory which shall be revealed in us. For the earnest expectation of
    the creature waiteth for the manifestation of the “sons of God.”

God bless

terraricca
    Participant

Quote (Ed J @ April 24 2012,14:09)
    Hi Nick, agreed!

Romans 8:16-19 The Spirit itself beareth witness with our spirit, that we are the “Children of God:”

And if children, then heirs; heirs of God, and joint-heirs with Christ; if so be that we suffer with him,
    that we may be also glorified together. For I reckon that the sufferings of this present time are not
    worthy to be compared with the glory which shall be revealed in us. For the earnest expectation of

God bless

edj

this is only true ;if we have the truth of God in us .if not how can ;;The Spirit itself beareth witness with our spirit, that we are the “Children of God:”

MT 7:24 “Therefore everyone who hears these words of Mine and acts on them, may be compared to a wise man who built his house on the rock.

MT 7:26 “Everyone who hears these words of Mine and does not act on them, will be like a foolish man who built his house on the sand.

Ed J
    Participant

Quote (terraricca @ April 24 2012,08:13)

Hi Nick, agreed!

God bless

edj

this is only true ;if we have the truth of God in us .if not how can ;;The Spirit itself beareth witness with our spirit, that we are the “Children of God:”

MT 7:24 “Therefore everyone who hears these words of Mine and acts on them, may be compared to a wise man who built his house on the rock.

MT 7:26 “Everyone who hears these words of Mine and does not act on them, will be like a foolish man who built his house on the sand.

PIERRE, STOP FIGHTING THE BRETHREN; no-one made you judge!
    Some indeed preach Christ even of envy and strife; and some (like Nick)
    also of good will: the one preach Christ of contention, not sincerely,” (Phil 1:15)

God bless

mikeboll64
    Blocked

Quote (kerwin @ April 22 2012,21:45)
    Mike,

Your first premise is faulty, Kerwin.  People who have died no longer “exist”, yet they will come back into existence once again in the resurrection

Your reasoning…………………

Kerwin,

Your post is nothing but fluff.  It seems to have been designed to keep this “conceived” thing going and going and going – because you already know it is the only little string you have to hold on to.

But your claim that it is IMPOSSIBLE for God to have caused an already existing being to be conceived in a human woman's womb is flawed, as nothing is impossible for God.

Do you have a scripture that actually prohibits Jesus from pre-existing his conception as a human being?  If not, then just say so and stop trying to beat this dead horse.

NickHassan
    Participant

Hi MB,
    Your horse died years ago too.
    The natural mind cannot accept the spiritual.

mikeboll64
    Blocked

Quote (kerwin @ April 22 2012,22:10)
    Mike,

Don't you believe that the apostles were and are in Jesus and God and Jesus and Yahweh was and is in them.  If so then you would believe they were born from above while still in their mortal bodies.

Kerwin,

I know that it is popular among Christians to call themselves “born again Christians”.  I know that the general understanding is that we die to sin and are born again in spirit upon accepting Jesus as our Savior.  

But read John 3 again.  Jesus is speaking of the future, and how those born of flesh are [ALWAYS] flesh, and those of flesh cannot enter into the Kingdom of God.   The Kingdom of God is in heaven, and flesh cannot enter into it.  Those who will be chosen to enter into it will be born again from above, and not consist of flesh, but of spirit and water.

And while some of Jesus' disciples may already be with him in heaven, having been born again of spirit and water, no flesh person on earth is “born again” in the sense Jesus meant it.

The can be “born anew” in the sense that Peter meant it.  But in the sense Jesus meant it, flesh was not a part of the deal.  So like I told Nick:  If you consist of flesh, then you have not yet been born again from above.

NickHassan
    Participant

Hi MB,
    You say
    “Kerwin,

I know that it is popular among Christians to call themselves “born again Christians”. I know that the general understanding is that we die to sin and are born again in spirit upon accepting Jesus as our Savior.

WHERE IS THIS SHOWN AS A WAY OF SALVATION?

But read John 3 again. Jesus is speaking of the future, and how those born of flesh are [ALWAYS] flesh, and those of flesh cannot enter into the Kingdom of God. The Kingdom of God is in heaven, and flesh cannot enter into it. Those who will be chosen to enter into it will be born again from above, and not consist of flesh, but of spirit and water.

YOU DO NOT UNDERSTAND REBIRTH FROM ABOVE?

And while some of Jesus' disciples may already be with him in heaven, having been born again of spirit and water, no flesh person on earth is “born again” in the sense Jesus meant it.

MAY BE??
    THERE IS NO DIVISION IN CHRIST
    ALL IN CHRIST ARE OR NONE ARE SAVED
    BUT NONE ARE IN HEAVEN

The can be “born anew” in the sense that Peter meant it. But in the sense Jesus meant it, flesh was not a part of the deal. So like I told Nick: If you consist of flesh, then you have not yet been born again from above.

YOU QUOTE YOURSELF.
    ARE YOU A SUITABLE PERSON TO QUOTE?

mikeboll64
    Blocked

Frank,

I shot down two of your unscriptural sources last night.  You and Nick must have been too busy “owning me” to respond to my rebuttals?  :)

Let me refresh your mind:

Your source claimed that since manna didn't literally come down from heaven, then neither did Jesus.  But manna is called “the bread of angels”.  Do angels come to the wilderness and dig it up out of the earth?  Has there ever been another time when honey flavored breadstuff manifested itself out of the ground?  Has science discovered this “manna” hiding underground in the wilderness anywhere on earth?

Or could it be that God truly and literally sent this bread down from heaven?

The bottom line is that your source's whole theory relies on manna not literally coming down from heaven.  How can they prove that?  And if they can't, then their whole theory goes out the window, doesn't it?

Also, did you notice that these guys are desparately reaching for anything at all to cause “reasonable doubt” as to what Jesus' words meant.  They KNOW he said he came down from heaven, but they simply don't WANT TO accept this, because they've already made up their minds that he didn't.  And so instead of accepting what the clear words of their Lord actually say, they go searching for ANYTHING that can remotely cast a shadow of doubt.

They fell way short with the manna thing.  And since manna did literally come down from heaven, do you think your source will now accept Jesus' words when he says he came down from heaven? Will you?

NickHassan
    Participant

Hi MB,
    You will eventually see deeper things.

But first you must be born again.
    Then you can see the kingdom

mikeboll64
    Blocked

Quote (Nick Hassan @ April 23 2012,16:36)
    WHERE IS THIS SHOWN AS A WAY OF SALVATION?

Believing in the name of God's only begotten Son.  (John 3)

YOU DO NOT UNDERSTAND REBIRTH FROM ABOVE?

I understand that you and many like you think it refers to receiving Holy Spirit and living your flesh life on earth in a way pleasing to God.  That is not what it means, though.  Jesus spoke of the resurrection, and told Nicodemus the same thing Paul told the Corinthians – flesh cannot enter into the Kingdom of God.  Those resurrected to the Kingdom of God will have new, glorious, spiritual bodies like the one Jesus now has.

MAY BE??
    THERE IS NO DIVISION IN CHRIST
    ALL IN CHRIST ARE OR NONE ARE SAVED

Matthew 16:28
    I tell you the truth, some who are standing here will not taste death before they see the Son of Man coming in his kingdom.

The word is “some”, not “all”, Nick.  Some of his disciples WOULD taste death, meaning they await the resurrection from Hades with almost everyone else who has died; and some of his disciples WOULD NOT taste death, meaning that some were changed in the twinkling of an eye.  They were born again from above of spirit and water as the life ran out of their flesh bodies, and taken immediately to God's Kingdom in heaven.  Those are the souls under the alter in Revelation – those killed directly for honoring God and His Son.

All others await the resurrection from Hades, where they are most likely conscious of nothing at all right now.

YOU QUOTE YOURSELF.
    ARE YOU A SUITABLE PERSON TO QUOTE?

I speak of 1 Peter 1:23, where Peter uses a word that means, according to NETNotes:  2) metaph. to have one's mind changed so that he lives a new life and one conformed to the will of God

It is this definition that most think of when they think of “born again”.  This is NOT the meaning of Jesus' words to Nicodemus.  Jesus spoke of LITERALLY being born again of water and spirit, and consisting of flesh no longer.

Have I spoken against scripture, Nick?

Ed J
    Participant

Quote (mikeboll64 @ April 24 2012,09:29)

Quote (kerwin @ April 22 2012,22:10)
    Mike,

Don't you believe that the apostles were and are in Jesus and God and Jesus and Yahweh was and is in them.  If so then you would believe they were born from above while still in their mortal bodies.

Kerwin,

I know that it is popular among Christians to call themselves “born again Christians”.  I know that the general understanding is that we die to sin and are born again in spirit upon accepting Jesus as our Savior.  

But read John 3 again.  Jesus is speaking of the future, and how those born of flesh are [ALWAYS] flesh, and those of flesh cannot enter into the Kingdom of God.   The Kingdom of God is in heaven, and flesh cannot enter into it.  Those who will be chosen to enter into it will be born again from above, and not consist of flesh, but of spirit and water.

The can be “born anew” in the sense that Peter meant it.  But in the sense Jesus meant it, flesh was not a part of the deal.  So like I told Nick:  If you consist of flesh, then you have not yet been born again from above.

Hi Mike,

Satan has blinded many, so that they miss Romans 8:9 in their understanding
    of where the “God's Kingdom” is… (see Luke 17:21 and also Romans 14:17)

“But ye are not in the flesh, but in the Spirit, if so be
    that the Spirit of God dwell in you.” (Romans 8:9)

Your brother
    in Christ, Jesus.
    holycitybiblecode.org

mikeboll64
    Blocked

Quote (Ed J @ April 23 2012,17:16)

And were they LITERALLY not in the flesh anymore, Ed? Or was that a metaphorical way of speaking, like Peter saying they were “born anew”?

Jesus and Paul both taught that flesh cannot enter into the Kingdom of God. That Kingdom is in heaven, with Jesus presiding over it for the time being.

terraricca
    Participant

Quote (Ed J @ April 24 2012,16:04)

Quote (terraricca @ April 24 2012,08:13)

Hi Nick, agreed!

God bless

edj

PIERRE, STOP FIGHTING THE BRETHREN; no-one made you judge!
    Some indeed preach Christ even of envy and strife; and some (like Nick)
    also of good will: the one preach Christ of contention, not sincerely,” (Phil 1:15)

God bless

edj

I did not judge you or any body else,I just bring to light the scriptures that could help to understand the truth not opinions

I you were my brother you would not teache me lies (untruths) in scriptures ,we are definetly not belong to the same spirit ,we may use the same scriptures,just like the Jews in Jesus time religion leaders, but well you know they did not share the spirit that Christ had right ????

no difference today

kerwin
    Participant

Quote (mikeboll64 @ April 24 2012,04:18)

Kerwin,

Your post is nothing but fluff.  It seems to have been designed to keep this “conceived” thing going and going and going – because you already know it is the only little string you have to hold on to.

But your claim that it is IMPOSSIBLE for God to have caused an already existing being to be conceived in a human woman's womb is flawed, as nothing is impossible for God.

Do you have a scripture that actually prohibits Jesus from pre-existing his conception as a human being?  If not, then just say so and stop trying to beat this dead horse.

Mike,

I demonstrated my reasoning.   Why have you stopped using reason and instead insisted that I am wrong based on your own word.  Is it because you have run out reasons to hold to you tenet and never the less wish to hold to it?

It is very simple a being only comes to exist once and Scripture testifies both John the Baptist and Jesus came into existence within their respective mother's inner parts.

You also seem confused by the fact that Jesus is in God and God is in Jesus.  It is simple as God lives in Jesus through his Spirit and Jesus lives in God the same Spirit; the Spirit that comes from above.  The Word is God and dwells in Jesus and Jesus dwells in the Word, which is God.

Jesus comes from above because God lives in him and thinks, speaks, and acts through him.  Jesus was in heaven even as he was on earth because he lives in God.

Why don't you believe that God is in him and he is in God?

kerwin
    Participant

Quote (mikeboll64 @ April 24 2012,05:27)

Quote (Ed J @ April 23 2012,17:16)

And were they LITERALLY not in the flesh anymore, Ed?  Or was that a metaphorical way of speaking, like Peter saying they were “born anew”?

Jesus and Paul both taught that flesh cannot enter into the Kingdom of God.  That Kingdom is in heaven, with Jesus presiding over it for the time being.

Mike,

Neither taught what you say; the Gnostics did.

The mortal body cannot inherit the world to come for creation will all be freed from corruption. That is what Scripture teaches.

Viewing 20 posts - 6,361 through 6,380 (of 25,909 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

© 1999 - 2024 Heaven Net

Navigation

© 1999 - 2023 - Heaven Net
or

or    

Forgot your details?

or

Create Account