JOHN 1:1 who is the WORD?

Viewing 20 posts - 6,221 through 6,240 (of 25,909 total)
  • Author
    Ed J
    Participant

Hi Jammin, will you please commented on this post?

Ho Logos  =  Spirit

“The words that I speak unto you, they are spirit” (John 6:63)

The Word is the water and the spirit

That he might sanctify and cleanse the Church with the washing of water by “the word” (Eph 5:26)

John 7:38-39 He that believeth on me, as the scripture hath said,
    out of his belly shall flow rivers of living water. (But this spake he of the Spirit,
    which they that believe on him should receive: for the HolySpirit was not yet given;
    because that Jesus was not yet glorified.)

God bless
    Ed J (Joshua 22:34)
    http://www.holycitybiblecode.org

jammin
    Participant

now edj do you know how to follow rules?

pls answer yes or no

Ed J
    Participant

Hi Jammin,

You try to put yourself above the brethren; this is not the way of Christ.

“Ye know that they which are accounted to rule over the Gentiles exercise lordship over them;
    and their great ones exercise authority upon them. But so shall it not be among you:
    but whosoever will be great among you, shall be your minister: And whosoever of you
    will be the chiefest, shall be servant of all. For even the Son of man came not to be
    ministered unto, but to minister, and to give his life a ransom for many.” (Mark 10:42-45)

“Why call ye me, Lord, Lord, and do not the things which I say?” (Luke 6:46)

God bless

Ed J
    Participant

Quote (Ed J @ April 21 2012,21:56)
    Hi Jammin,

These verses PROVE that “The Word” is the HolySpirit”!
    Are you ready to go through them one by one now?

Zech.4:6
    Zech.12:1

Matt.13:19
    Mark 4:14
    Mark13:11
    Mark 13:19
    Luke 3:2
    Luke 8:11
    John 12:49
    John 14:24
    John 17:6-8
    John 17:14
    Acts 4:31
    Acts 10:36-38
    Acts 10:44
    Acts 11:15-16
    Acts 13:4-5
    Acts 13:47-49
    Acts 17:11
    Acts 20:32
    Romans 9:5-6
    Romans 10:17
    1Cor. 12:8-9
    1Cor. 14:36
    2Cor. 5:19
    2Cor. 6:6-7
    Gal.6:6
    Eph. 1:12-13
    Eph. 5:26
    Eph. 6:17
    Phillip.2:16
    1Tm.5:17-18
    2Tm.2:11-15
    2Tm.4:2
    Hebrews 1:1-2
    Hebrews 2:2-3
    Hebrews 4:2-6
    Hebrews 4:8-12
    Hebrews 5:13-14
    Hebrews 7:28
    Hebrews 11:3
    Hebrews 12:19
    James 1:18
    1Peter 1:21-23
    1Peter 2:6-8
    1John 2:7-10
    Rev.1:2
    Rev.1:9
    Rev.19:11-16
    Rev.20:4

God bless
    Ed J

Hi Jammin,

Are you ready to go through these now?    
    it is the topic of this thread you know!

God bless

mikeboll64
    Blocked

Quote (kerwin @ April 21 2012,01:50)
    Mike,

Any living being is conceived once because conception is the beginning of their being.  Stating Jesus was conceived before he was conceived is therefore a paradox.

Dicitionary.com lists as a definition of conceived:  
    7. to beget.

Isn't being “begotten” also something that typically happens only once during the life of a human being, right?  Yet John speaks of those who have already been begotten by human parents being begotten also by God.  (1 John 5:18)  Peter says God has “begotten us again“.  (1 Peter 1:3)  And Jesus told Nicodemus we must be “born again” to enter the Kingdom of God.

Why is it that you see a paradox with the word “conceived”, but not with “born” or “begotten”.  Are those not also things that typically happen just once in one's lifetime?

God did not have Jesus “crawl back into his mother's womb” to be born again; nor was he implanted.

How did Jesus answer Nicodemus when he made the same point to Jesus?  You should not be surprised at my saying, ‘You must be born again.’

It is simple to believe when Scripture declares he was conceived in his mother's womb that he started existence in his mother's womb.  If the Spirit wanted to demonstrate that Jesus was not then it would not have used the Greek word for conception.

The word used was “sullambano”, and has as it's first definition:  1) to seize, take: one as prisoner.

Compare that with this word history from Dictionary.com:
    Originally “take (seed) into the womb, become pregnant;” sense of “take”

Does this understanding of “conceived” align with the origin of any of God's spirit sons in heaven?  Were any of them conceived in the womb of a woman?  No.  Yet they DO exist nonetheless, right?

So doesn't it seem more factual that the beginning of a HUMAN existence begins with conception in the womb of a woman?

So please SCRIPTUALLY explain to me how it was impossible for Jesus to have existed as a spirit son of God BEFORE he was conceived in the womb of a woman, thereby beginning his HUMAN existence.

mikeboll64
    Blocked

Quote (Nick Hassan @ April 21 2012,00:11)
    Hi MB,
    So when was you preexistent lesser god born first??

Jude says he was Lord “before all ages”, Nick.

But aren't you supposed to be showing me from SCRIPTURE how my pre-existent understanding is impossible?

I await the first SCRIPTURE from any of you that prohibits Jesus from existing as a spirit being before being made in the likeness of a human being. (After all, this is exactly what is taught in the scriptures.)

mikeboll64
    Blocked

Quote (Ed J @ April 21 2012,04:56)
    Hi Jammin,

Ed,

The Holy Spirit did not become flesh and dwell on earth with the glory of God's only begotten Son. End of story.

jammin
    Participant

that is right mike.. the Word is the son of God who is God by nature. he became flesh and dwelt among us john 1.14

edj why cant you accept this truth. btw, you should follow rules ok. do not make other topic here.

Ed J
    Participant

Quote (mikeboll64 @ April 22 2012,01:45)

Quote (Ed J @ April 21 2012,04:56)
    Hi Jammin,

Ed,

The Holy Spirit did not become flesh and dwell on earth with the glory of God's only begotten Son.  End of story.

Hi Mike,

The Holy Spirit did become flesh and did dwell on earth with his own glory radiating through his only begotten Son.

2 Peter 1:16-17 For we have not followed cunningly devised fables, when we made known unto
    you the power and coming of our Lord Jesus Christ, but were eyewitnesses of his majesty.
    For he received from God the Father honor and glory, when there came such a voice
    to him from the excellent glory, This is my beloved Son, in whom I have been well pleased.

God bless

mikeboll64
    Blocked

Who received honor and glory FROM GOD?

Also, scripture doesn't say the Word became flesh and dwelled among us with HIS OWN glory, does it?  So why does YOUR scenario contradict what the scriptures actually say?

jammin
    Participant

believe what the bible says edj.
    john says that the Word is the son of God.

repent and be baptized

Ed J
    Participant

Quote (mikeboll64 @ April 22 2012,02:18)
    Who received honor and glory FROM GOD?

Also, scripture doesn't say the Word became flesh and dwelled among us with HIS OWN glory, does it?  So why does YOUR scenario contradict what the scriptures actually say?

Hi Mike,

2 Cor 3:17-18 Now the Lord is that Spirit: and where the Spirit of the Lord is, there is liberty.
    But we all, with open face beholding as in a glass the glory of the Lord, are changed
    into the same image from glory to glory
    , even as by THE SPIRIT of the Lord.

Put on the new man, which is renewed in knowledge
    after the image of him that created him:” (Col 3:10)

God bless

jammin
    Participant

edj is like a grasshopper LOL

he always jump to the other verses just to support his man made doctrine lol :D

mikeboll64
    Blocked

Unfortunately for Ed, the verses he “jumps to” don't have anything to do with supporting his original, unscriptural claim.

Ed, answer my question about why YOUR scenario uses different words and carries an entirely different meaning than that actual scriptural teaching.

Ed J
    Participant

Quote (jammin @ April 22 2012,02:29)
    edj is like a grasshopper LOL

he always jump to the other verses just to support his man made doctrine lol :D

Hi Jammin,

Isaiah 40:5-8 And “THE GLORY” of the LORD shall be revealed, and all flesh shall see it together:
    for the mouth of the LORD hath spoken it. The voice said, Cry. And he said, What shall I cry?

All flesh is grass, and all the goodliness thereof is as the flower of the field: The grass withereth,
    the flower fadeth
    : because “THE SPIRIT” of the LORD bloweth upon it: surely the people is grass.
    The grass withereth, the flower fadeth: but “The Word” of Our GOD shall stand for ever.

God bless

Ed J
    Participant

Mike asks:

Ed, answer my question about why YOUR scenario uses different words

To help bring you understanding of “the big picture”: clarity of “God's word” as a whole.

God bless

mikeboll64
    Blocked

So “the big picture”: clarity of “God's word” as a whole involves us CHANGING the actual words of scripture, Ed?   ???

Ed J
    Participant

Quote (mikeboll64 @ April 22 2012,03:45)
    So “the big picture”: clarity of “God's word” as a whole involves us CHANGING the actual words of scripture, Ed?   ???

Hi Mike, tell me if these words match exactly…

Here are the words of the “Prophet” Isaiah:

“The Spirit of the Lord GOD is upon me; because the LORD hath anointed me to preach
    good tidings unto the meek; he hath sent me to bind up the brokenhearted, to proclaim
    liberty to the captives, and the opening of the prison to them that are bound;
    To proclaim the acceptable year of the LORD,” (Isaiah 61:1-2)

Here's Jesus reiteration of the Prophets words:

The Spirit of the Lord is upon me, because he hath anointed me to preach the gospel to the poor;
    he hath sent me to heal the brokenhearted, to preach deliverance to the captives,
    and recovering of sight to the blind, to set at liberty them that are bruised,
    To preach the acceptable year of the LORD. (Luke 4:18-19)

God bless

Ed J
    Participant

Hi Mike, or how about these…

Psalms 102:24-28 I said, O my God, take me not away in the midst of my days: thy years are throughout all generations.
    Of old hast thou laid the foundation of the earth: and the heavens are the work of thy hands. They shall perish,
    but thou shalt endure: yea, all of them shall wax old like a garment; as a vesture shalt thou change them,
    and they shall be changed: But thou art the same, and thy years shall have no end. the children
    of thy servants shall continue, and their seed shall be established before thee.

Hebrews 1:8-12 But unto the Son he saith, Thy throne, O God, is for ever and ever: a sceptre of righteousness
    is the sceptre of thy kingdom. Thou hast loved righteousness, and hated iniquity; therefore God, even thy God, hath anointed
    thee with the oil of gladness above thy fellows. And, Thou, LORD, in the beginning hast laid the foundation of the earth;
    and the heavens are the works of thine hands: They shall perish; but thou remainest; and they all shall wax old
    as doth a garment; And as a vesture shalt thou fold them up, and they shall be changed: but thou art the same, and thy years shall not fail.

God bless

mikeboll64
    Blocked

Ed,

Did you know that Jesus and the writers of the NT quoted the LXX 67% of the time – instead of the MT?

Besides, your examples don't change the entire teaching of the scriptures, as you would like to do with your interpretation of John 1:14.

Suffice to say that if Jesus quoted from the LXX, then it was apparently acceptable to him. I haven't heard Jesus ever quoting YOUR twisted translation.

Viewing 20 posts - 6,221 through 6,240 (of 25,909 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

© 1999 - 2024 Heaven Net

Navigation

© 1999 - 2023 - Heaven Net
or

or    

Forgot your details?

or

Create Account