JOHN 1:1 who is the WORD?

Viewing 20 posts - 6,181 through 6,200 (of 25,909 total)
  • Author
    mikeboll64
    Blocked

I await a response from Marty, Gene, and Frank ( :D ) to the 8th post on page 196.

I have challenged you all to show a SCRIPTURE that prohibits Jesus from pre-existing his time on earth as a man.

terraricca
    Participant

Quote (kerwin @ April 19 2012,16:34)

Quote (terraricca @ April 19 2012,04:04)

Quote (kerwin @ April 18 2012,22:39)

Quote (terraricca @ April 18 2012,09:48)
    you need more reading

Pierre,

If you know something I do not then feel free to share it.  I know that neither the soul of the rich man or the soul of Lazarus were sleeping in the parable about them.

K

the short cup is to read it for yourself

Pierre,

Reading is not enough.  I seek understanding. This is a forum for debate.  I find it aids me in seeking God to do so.  If that is not your purpose in being here then why are you here?

Kerwin

reading is like eating it takes time to the food to do the work that it suppose to do ,

reading the word of God is the same it is food for the soul ,it takes time to go trough our system and do the work that it suppose to do ,in our mind,and heart ,so that we would do good deeds ,

you ask many question but never seems to grasp and old to the true understanding ,it is like eating the wrong way you do not benefit from it ,

but then I am only a fisherman what do I know right ???

kerwin
    Participant

Mike,

Jesus has never preexisted his conception because no one preexists their conception.   Any Scripture that states Jesus was conceived in his mother’s womb contradicts the idea he preexisted his conception.  

I stated that the Word of God is not a being.  I did not state a being couldn't be called by the name of the Word of God.

God has a teaching and lives that teaching and so the Word is with God and is God and was so in the beginning.   The account in Genesis 1 teaches us that both God and his Word were there in the beginning; so it is not even a new teaching with John.  

Genesis 1 also teaches us all things were made by God’s Word and nothing was made without it.

We are taught that man cannot live on bread alone; but on the Word of God and so we should have confidence that there is life in his Word and that life is the light of men.   We are also taught that those that love darkness will not come into the life of the Word.

According to John; John bore witness of the Light of men; not directly to the Word of God.

The life that is given by the Word gives life to every man that comes into the World.   The life that is given by the Word is in the World and the World did not know him even though it was made by him.  The life that is in the Word was rejected by his own, but those that believed in his name he gave the power to become the Sons of God; born of God.

The Word, and the Life therein, was made human and made a home with us.  

These are all the actions of God’s Word, and Life therein, and not some hypothetical being.  The actions of Jesus are the actions of the Word; and light therein; as God speaks and acts through him.

kerwin
    Participant

Quote (terraricca @ April 21 2012,05:52)

Kerwin

reading is like eating it takes time to the food to do the work that it suppose to do ,

reading the word of God is the same it is food for the soul ,it takes time to go trough our system and do the work that it suppose to do ,in our mind,and heart ,so that we would do good deeds ,

you ask many question but never seems to grasp and old to the true understanding ,it is like eating the wrong way you do not benefit from it ,

Pierre,

One seeks understanding by asking questions.

terraricca
    Participant

K

Jesus has never preexisted his conception because no one preexists their conception. Any Scripture that states Jesus was conceived in his mother’s womb contradicts the idea he preexisted his conception.

so a test tube baby does not exist before it is put in the surrogate mother womb ?????

terraricca
    Participant

Quote (kerwin @ April 21 2012,18:04)

Kerwin

Pierre,

K

two years back you still ask the same questions ,this shows you have not seen or learn anything but your own definition of scriptures

kerwin
    Participant

Quote (jammin @ April 20 2012,10:37)
    kerwin,

can you say that the word was with kerwin?
    LOL

your doctrine is so funny.

Jammin,

A person's word is their doctrine.
    A person is the word by which they live.

A true believer is the word of God and the word of God is with them.

I strive to be the word and have the word with me and I hope you do as well.

kerwin
    Participant

Quote (terraricca @ April 21 2012,06:07)

Quote (kerwin @ April 21 2012,18:04)

Kerwin

Pierre,

K

two years back you still ask the same questions ,this shows you have not seen or learn anything but your own definition of scriptures

Pierre,

I have been sorting out the good and the bad and disposing of the bad for the last two years; as I do what I am told and test the spirits.

Ed J
    Participant

Hi Kerwin, many have trouble piecing God's word together.

Ho Logos  =  Spirit

“The words that I speak unto you, they are spirit” (John 6:63)

The Word is the water and the spirit

That he might sanctify and cleanse the Church with the washing of water by “the word” (Eph 5:26)

John 7:38-39 He that believeth on me, as the scripture hath said,
    out of his belly shall flow rivers of living water. (But this spake he of the Spirit,
    which they that believe on him should receive: for the HolySpirit was not yet given;
    because that Jesus was not yet glorified.)

Your brother
    in Christ, Jesus.
    Ed J (Joshua 22:34)
    holycitybiblecode.org

kerwin
    Participant

Quote (terraricca @ April 21 2012,06:05)
    K

Jesus has never preexisted his conception because no one preexists their conception.   Any Scripture that states Jesus was conceived in his mother’s womb contradicts the idea he preexisted his conception.  

so a test tube baby does not exist before it is put in the surrogate mother womb ?????

Pierre,

A test tube baby is not conceived as John the Baptist was.

Ed J
    Participant

Quote (kerwin @ April 20 2012,15:17)

Quote (jammin @ April 20 2012,09:45)
    i believe what the bible says.

i do not believe people (like you) who use their imagination when reading bible

Jammin,

It takes imagination to conclude the Word of God is a person and not a concept and/or title.  You need to test the way you live and the teaching you hold to.

Hi Kerwin,

No, it merely takes one hearing what the systems of religion proclaim.
    Wherefore if ye be dead with Christ from the rudiments of the world, why,
    as though living in the world, are ye subject to ordinances” (Colossians 2:20)

Your brother
    in Christ, Jesus.
    holycitybiblecode.org

mikeboll64
    Blocked

Quote (kerwin @ April 20 2012,18:01)
    Mike,

Jesus has never preexisted his conception because no one preexists their conception. Any Scripture that states Jesus was conceived in his mother’s womb contradicts the idea he preexisted his conception.

Kerwin,

Most of your post was focused on you pretending that you can't understand the difference between a spokesman called “the Word” and an actual word. But we all know you CAN understand the difference, and only PRETEND you can't because you think it furthers your flawed, unscriptural doctrine.

As for this part I quoted, tell me why. I want you to say the following words (if you TRULY believe them):

Mike, it is IMPOSSIBLE for God to take an already existing spirit being and cause him to be conceived as a human being who is later born of a human woman.

Make that statement, Kerwin. If you cannot honestly state the above bolded words, then your point is a non-point, in which case I still await the FIRST scripture that prohibits Jesus from pre-existing his flesh.

terraricca
    Participant

Quote (kerwin @ April 21 2012,18:27)

K

Pierre,

K

I am talking of Christ ,John was conceived by man and a women

not Christ

kerwin
    Participant

Mike,

Similar to what you wrote:

It is IMPOSSIBLE that God took an already existing spirit being and caused him to be conceived as a human being who is later born of a human woman.

A human being is conceived when a human body is joined with a human spirit; just as Adam and John the Baptist were.

All things are possible through God but he doesn't choose to do all things.

God does not do paradoxes as he is not a God of confusion.

kerwin
    Participant

Quote (terraricca @ April 21 2012,06:32)

K

Pierre,

K

not Christ

Pierre,

John was miraculously conceived to a barren woman and her husband while Jesus was miraculously conceived to a virgin but both were clearly conceived; even as it is written:

Luke 1
    King James Version (KJV)

36And, behold, thy cousin Elisabeth, she hath also conceived a son in her old age: and this is the sixth month with her, who was called barren.
    37For with God nothing shall be impossible.

terraricca
    Participant

Quote (kerwin @ April 21 2012,18:56)

Quote (terraricca @ April 21 2012,06:32)

K

Pierre,

K

not Christ

Pierre,

John was miraculously conceived to a barren woman and her husband while Jesus was miraculously conceived to a virgin but both were clearly conceived; even as it is written:

Luke 1
    King James Version (KJV)

36And, behold, thy cousin Elisabeth, she hath also conceived a son in her old age: and this is the sixth month with her, who was called barren.
    37For with God nothing shall be impossible.

K

so was Sara Abraham 's wife ,with Issac,

but try to concentrate on Jesus Christ ;

the women that give birth to Jesus was not barren and old,

she was young ,and able but who was the man ????was their one ???

or was she a surrogate mother for the son of God ,???

just like in a test tube ,

so what is your opinion based on your understanding of scriptures and so present the scriptures that influenced you in your decision,

Ed J
    Participant

Quote (terraricca @ April 21 2012,12:25)
    K

so was Sara Abraham 's wife ,with Issac,

but try to concentrate on Jesus Christ ;

Hi Pierre,

By faith Abraham, when he was tried, offered up Isaac: and
    he that had received the promises offered up his only begotten son” (Heb 11:17)

“In this was manifested the love of God toward us, because that God sent his only begotten Son into the world,
    that we might live through him.” (1 John 4:9)

God bless
    http://www.holycitybiblecode.org

mikeboll64
    Blocked

Quote (kerwin @ April 20 2012,18:46)
    Mike,

It is IMPOSSIBLE that God took an already existing spirit being and caused him to be conceived as a human being who is later born of a human woman.

Jeremiah 32:27
    “I am the LORD, the God of all mankind. Is anything too hard for me?

Matthew 19:26
    Jesus looked at them and said, “With man this is impossible, but with God all things are possible.”

Well Kerwin, you have shocked me.  I would have never thought in a million years that you would stoop to claiming something was IMPOSSIBLE for God in order to keep your doctrine afloat.  Sadly, you have proved me wrong in this regard.

I am shocked to find out that you think God can make HUMAN children for Abraham out of stones (Matt 3:9), but He can't make one child out of an already existing spirit being.

Okay Kerwin.  Where are your other witnesses then?  Assuming that you seriously DO believe what you've claimed (which I sincerely doubt), surely you have a supporting scriptural teaching that prohibits Jesus from pre-existing his flesh to go along with:  It is IMPOSSIBLE for God to make a man out of a spirit being.  Let's hear it.

kerwin
    Participant

Pierre,

Did God require either a man or a woman for Adam’s conception?

He can have a human being conceived in any way he chooses and does have humans conceived in multiple ways.  Even though they are conceived in multiple ways they are all conceived and before conception there is no existence as a whole being; since conception is the beginning.  

Scripture does not say Jesus was implanted; it declares he was conceived.

Luke 1:31
    King James Version (KJV)

31And, behold, thou shalt conceive in thy womb, and bring forth a son, and shalt call his name JESUS.

Luke 1:36
    King James Version (KJV)

kerwin
    Participant

Quote (mikeboll64 @ April 21 2012,09:11)

Quote (kerwin @ April 20 2012,18:46)
    Mike,

Jeremiah 32:27
    “I am the LORD, the God of all mankind. Is anything too hard for me?

Matthew 19:26
    Jesus looked at them and said, “With man this is impossible, but with God all things are possible.”

Well Kerwin, you have shocked me.  I would have never thought in a million years that you would stoop to claiming something was IMPOSSIBLE for God in order to keep your doctrine afloat.  Sadly, you have proved me wrong in this regard.

I am shocked to find out that you think God can make HUMAN children for Abraham out of stones (Matt 3:9), but He can't make one child out of an already existing spirit being.

Okay Kerwin.  Where are your other witnesses then?  Assuming that you seriously DO believe what you've claimed (which I sincerely doubt), surely you have a supporting scriptural teaching that prohibits Jesus from pre-existing his flesh to go along with:  It is IMPOSSIBLE for God to make a man out of an angel.  Let's hear it.

Mike,

It is written:

James 1:13
    King James Version (KJV)

13Let no man say when he is tempted, I am tempted of God: for God cannot be tempted with evil, neither tempteth he any man:

I reworded what you wrote to take account both the facts God can do anything and God will not do evil.

It is also written:

1 Corinthians 14:33
    King James Version (KJV)

33For God is not the author of confusion, but of peace, as in all churches of the saints.

God chooses not to author paradoxes; which are confusion.

Viewing 20 posts - 6,181 through 6,200 (of 25,909 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

© 1999 - 2024 Heaven Net

Navigation

© 1999 - 2023 - Heaven Net
or

or    

Forgot your details?

or

Create Account