JOHN 1:1 who is the WORD?

Viewing 20 posts - 6,021 through 6,040 (of 25,908 total)
  • Author
    Participant

Quote (mikeboll64 @ April 15 2012,13:22)
    Hi Marty,

In what way does “the Word” pertain to Jesus without being Jesus?

Hi Mike:

Is the “Word of God” Jesus in the following scripture?

Hbr 11:3 Through faith we understand that the worlds were framed by the word of God, so that things which are seen were not made of things which do appear.

Love in Christ,
    Marty

terraricca
    Participant

Quote (942767 @ April 15 2012,19:03)

Quote (terraricca @ April 15 2012,11:40)

Quote (942767 @ April 15 2012,18:04)
    Hi:

Hbr 11:3   Through faith we understand that the worlds were framed by the word of God, so that things which are seen were not made of things which do appear.  

In the beginning was the Word, and the Word was with God, and the Word was God.

Hbr 1:1 ¶ God, who at sundry times and in divers manners spake in time past unto the fathers by the prophets,  

Hbr 1:2   Hath in these last days spoken unto us by [his] Son, whom he hath appointed heir of all things, by whom also he made the worlds;

In John 1:1 the Word pertains to Jesus, but no, the Word is not Jesus but is that which God has spoken and embodies His plan, and this plan demonstrates God's character.

Jhn 3:16   For God so loved the world, that he gave his only begotten Son, that whosoever believeth in him should not perish, but have everlasting life.  

Jhn 3:17   For God sent not his Son into the world to condemn the world; but that the world through him might be saved.  

1Jo 1:1 ¶ That which was from the beginning, which we have heard, which we have seen with our eyes, which we have looked upon, and our hands have handled, of the Word of life;  

1Jo 1:2   (For the life was manifested, and we have seen [it], and bear witness, and shew unto you that eternal life, which was with the Father, and was manifested unto us;)  

Love in Christ,
    Marty

Marty

you have overlooked many scriptures why ????

Hi T:

I haven't ignored any scriptures.  I have selected some scriptures which show that “the Word” in John 1:1 is not Jesus as a pre-existent sentient person as has mistakenly been taught, but is what God has spoken and that it embodies His plan.  

Again, this is to show that “the Word” in John 1:1 pertains to Jesus but is not Jesus as a pre-existent, sentient person.

My interest is that both you and I teach the truth.

Love in Christ,
    Marty

Marty

this would be one ;Jn 1:14 The Word became flesh and made his dwelling among us. We have seen his glory, the glory of the One and Only, who came from the Father, full of grace and truth.
    Jn 1:15 John testifies concerning him. He cries out, saying, “This was he of whom I said, ‘He who comes after me has surpassed me because he was before me.’ ”

about whom you think John and John the bpt talking

terraricca
    Participant

Quote (Nick Hassan @ April 15 2012,18:59)
    Hi T,
    Is it faith that produces fruit or the Spirit?

N

you still do not get it ;still make every thing SPIRIT,

spirit is just a word that suppose to mean something ;

like ;the spirit of men ,could be good or bad ,devious or honest ,

now the spirit of God is holy ,true,perfect,

the spirit of Christ could mean Jesus spirit ,or could be the mental driven being to do his father will ,

this would be a spirit that we can imitate an so produce the kind of fruits that were produce by Christ ,and would be wealth that God stores in heaven for us ,their would not be a direct reward but and end reward ,everlasting life in the resurrection ,

this is done with our spirit ,if we submit to God our spirit,just like Christ did ,

jammin
    Participant

let the bible speak
    Revelation 19:13

Good News Translation (GNT)
    13 The robe he wore was covered with blood. His name is
    The Word of God.

the Word is Christ and not the HS or the father. case closed

kerwin
    Participant

Quote (jammin @ April 15 2012,09:24)
    let the bible speak

The Word of God.

Jammin;

I do not know where you get that from as it sound like it states Jesus is called by the Name of the Word of God.

NickHassan
    Participant

Quote (terraricca @ April 15 2012,14:12)

Quote (Nick Hassan @ April 15 2012,18:59)
    Hi T,
    Is it faith that produces fruit or the Spirit?

N

you still do not get it ;still make every thing SPIRIT,

spirit is just a word that suppose to mean something ;

like ;the spirit of men ,could be good or bad ,devious or honest ,

now the spirit of God is holy ,true,perfect,

the spirit of Christ could mean Jesus spirit ,or could be the mental driven being to do his father will ,

this would be a spirit that we can imitate an so produce the kind of fruits that were produce by Christ ,and would be wealth that God stores in heaven for us ,their would not be a direct reward but and end reward ,everlasting life in the resurrection ,

this is done with our spirit ,if we submit to God our spirit,just  like Christ did ,

Hi T,
    So you want to stay confused?

jammin
    Participant

Quote (kerwin @ April 15 2012,16:38)

let the bible speak

The Word of God.

Jammin;

I do not know where you get that from as it sound like it states Jesus is called by the Name of the Word of God.

that is written in the book of revelation
    it is true that Christ's name is the word of God.

john also says that in john 1.1

case closed

charity
    Participant

Quote (jammin @ April 15 2012,17:48)

Quote (kerwin @ April 15 2012,16:38)

let the bible speak

The Word of God.

Jammin;

that is written in the book of revelation
    it is true that Christ's name is the word of God.

john also says that in john 1.1

case closed

Isa 53;10¶(Yet it pleased the LORD to bruise him;) he hath put [him] to grief: when (thou) (shalt) (make his soul) an offering for sin, (he shall see [his] seed), he shall prolong [his] days, and the pleasure of the LORD shall prosper in his hand.

jESUS iS Still not God…yet a righteous servant was made a sacrifice, an he shall share the spoil with the strong? making intercession for transgressors to be justified by grace, this is the word concerning the servant Jesus christ.

Isa 53:11 He shall see of the travail of his soul, [and] shall be satisfied: by his knowledge shall (my) righteous (servant)!! justify many; for he shall bear their iniquities.

Isa 53:12 Therefore will (I )divide him [a portion] with (the great), and (he shall divide the spoil with the strong;) because he hath poured out his soul unto death: and he was numbered with the transgressors; and he bare the sin of many, and made intercession (for the transgressors.)

Isa 53:4¶Surely he hath borne our griefs, and carried our sorrows: (yet we did esteem him stricken, smitten of God, and afflicted.)

Behold the Lamb of God? that esteemed an stricken that he shall take away the sins of the world…an share the spoil with the strong?

jammin
    Participant

the topic is about john 1.1
    the Word is Christ. the father and the son have the same nature. john said, the Word was GOD.
    case closed

terraricca
    Participant

Quote (jammin @ April 16 2012,07:27)
    the Word is Christ. the father and the son have the same nature. john said, the Word was GOD.
    case closed

it is not because one person insult s you that whole world is against you :D

mikeboll64
    Blocked

Quote (942767 @ April 14 2012,20:37)
    Hi Mike:

Is the “Word of God” Jesus in the following scripture?

Hbr 11:3   Through faith we understand that the worlds were framed by the word of God, so that things which are seen were not made of things which do appear.  

Love in Christ,
    Marty

I don't know for sure, Marty.

The words could be referring to all things being created through Jesus, the Word of God, which would find support in Col 1:16, Heb 1:2, 1 Cor 8:6, and John 1:3.

OR……………….

In this case, it also could be referring to the universe being created at God's command.

I can not, at first glance, see any words or thoughts that incline my thinking one way or the other…………… can you?

And what about Luke 1:1-2?
    1 Many have undertaken to draw up an account of the things that have been fulfilled among us, 2 just as they were handed down to us by those who from the first were eyewitnesses and servants of the word.

This one leans a little more toward being about the man Jesus Christ for two reasons:

1.  Isn't anyone who has ever read the Law and the Prophets an “eyewitness” to God's written word?  So why emphasize and set apart Jesus' original disciples as being the only eyewitnesses of this particular word from the beginning?

2.  The disciples referred to Jesus as “Master”, and were definitely his “servants”.  I concede that, poetically speaking, one can “serve” the written word of God by following the Law and the Prophets, but again Luke emphasizes and sets aparts the original disciples that followed Jesus from the beginning of his ministry as the only servants of this particular word from the beginnning.

Surely Moses and Joshua and Samuel and King David were “servants” of God's written word all of their lives – but they are not the intended subjects of Luke's words.  Luke speaks of more recent men, who eyewitnessed and served Jesus from the beginning of his minstry.

What are your unbiased thoughts on the matter, Marty?

peace,
    mike

mikeboll64
    Blocked

Quote (kerwin @ April 14 2012,23:38)

let the bible speak

The Word of God.

Jammin;

And what's the difference, Kerwin? Your name is called “Kerwin”, and so if we find a writing about you somewhere, we can assume the writing is about YOU, right?

Genesis 17:5 NASB ©
    “No longer shall your name be called Abram, But your name shall be Abraham; For I will make you the father of a multitude of nations.

Doesn't the fact that his name was called “Abram” mean that he was the person “Abram”?

terraricca
    Participant

Hi:

Hbr 1:1 ¶ God, who at sundry times and in divers manners spake in time past unto the fathers by the prophets,  

Hbr 1:2   Hath in these last days spoken unto us by [his] Son, whom he hath appointed heir of all things, by whom also he made the worlds;

In John 1:1 the Word pertains to Jesus, but no, the Word is not Jesus but is that which God has spoken and embodies His plan, and this plan demonstrates God's character.

Jhn 3:16   For God so loved the world, that he gave his only begotten Son, that whosoever believeth in him should not perish, but have everlasting life.  

Jhn 3:17   For God sent not his Son into the world to condemn the world; but that the world through him might be saved.  

1Jo 1:1 ¶ That which was from the beginning, which we have heard, which we have seen with our eyes, which we have looked upon, and our hands have handled, of the Word of life;  

1Jo 1:2   (For the life was manifested, and we have seen [it], and bear witness, and shew unto you that eternal life, which was with the Father, and was manifested unto us;)  

Love in Christ,
    Marty

Marty

Hi T:

I haven't ignored any scriptures.  I have selected some scriptures which show that “the Word” in John 1:1 is not Jesus as a pre-existent sentient person as has mistakenly been taught, but is what God has spoken and that it embodies His plan.  

Again, this is to show that “the Word” in John 1:1 pertains to Jesus but is not Jesus as a pre-existent, sentient person.

Love in Christ,
    Marty

Marty

Heb 11:3 Through faith we understand that the worlds were framed by the word of God, so that things which are seen were not made of things which do appear

this scripture actually shows that EVOLUTION WAS NOT SUPPORTED BY PAUL ,

I also support Mike's view on this one

NickHassan
    Participant

Hi,
    Ps2
    He said to me
    'You are My Son
    Today I have begotten you”

Today did not exist till time was given in Genesis.
    But the new Son HEARD and UNDERSTOOD what God said.

Sonship is of the Spirit.

mikeboll64
    Blocked

Quote (Nick Hassan @ April 15 2012,13:35)
    Today did not exist till time was given in Genesis.

The Hebrew word used can refer to any “time period” at all.  You may not agree that this begetting had already happened by the time those words were recorded in Ps 2:7, but you won't be able to disprove it by the use of the Hebrew word “yowm”.

kerwin
    Participant

Quote (mikeboll64 @ April 15 2012,21:34)

Quote (kerwin @ April 14 2012,23:38)

let the bible speak

The Word of God.

Jammin;

And what's the difference, Kerwin?  Your name is called “Kerwin”, and so if we find a writing about you somewhere, we can assume the writing is about YOU, right?

Genesis 17:5 NASB ©
    “No longer shall your name be called Abram, But your name shall be Abraham; For I will make you the father of a multitude of nations.

Doesn't the fact that his name was called “Abram” mean that he was the person “Abram”?

Mike,

One is the Word while the other is called by the Word’s name.

Jesus is called by the names of both faithful and true. Does that make him the concepts faithfulness and truth? You know it does not but rather that he embodies these abstract ideas with his thoughts, words, and actions. Eve and Abraham are named after the concrete ideas they embody; just as it is written:

Genesis 3:20
    King James Version (KJV)

20And Adam called his wife's name Eve; because she was the mother of all living.

Genesis 17:5
    King James Version (KJV)

5Neither shall thy name any more be called Abram, but thy name shall be Abraham; for a father of many nations have I made thee.

The name Abram was his address until God changed it to Abraham to emphasize his new role; the person did not change.

kerwin
    Participant

Quote (jammin @ April 15 2012,19:27)
    case closed

Jammin,

I applaud your figuring out that the Father and Son have the the Word nature. Now if you can figure out that that nature has always been both in the innards of God and written on his heart and that God placed it in the innards of Jesus and wrote it on his heart by his Spirit; you will make progress.

Participant

Quote (terraricca @ April 15 2012,14:02)

Hi:

Love in Christ,
    Marty

Marty

Hi T:

Love in Christ,
    Marty

Marty

this would be one ;Jn 1:14 The Word became flesh and made his dwelling among us. We have seen his glory, the glory of the One and Only, who came from the Father, full of grace and truth.
    Jn 1:15 John testifies concerning him. He cries out, saying, “This was he of whom I said, ‘He who comes after me has surpassed me because he was before me.’ ”

about whom you think John  and John the bpt talking

Hi T:

The Word in John 1:1 and in John 1:14 is Logos which is defined as the Word that God has spoken. He spoke from the beginning of the coming Messiah beginning with Genesis here as the seed of the woman:

Gen 3:15 And I will put enmity between thee and the woman, and between thy seed and her seed; it shall bruise thy head, and thou shalt bruise his heel.

In Exodus 12, we have the scriptures pertaining to the passover and the passover lamb which is symbolic of Jesus.

There are many other scriptures in the OT which speak either symbolically or prophetically of Jesus.

And so, to restate what I have already stated, “the Logos” is what God had spoken pertaining to Jesus and it embodies His plan. In John 1:14 what God had stated pertaining to Jesus became flesh. As the bible relates, the Holy Ghost overshadowed the virgin Mary, and she conceived, and Jesus was born into the world.

“The Word” is that which God has spoken. In Hebrews 1 the scripture states that in these last days “God has spoken to us through His Son”. What God has spoken is the Word of God

Love in Christ,
    Marty

Participant

Quote (jammin @ April 15 2012,00:13)
    the word in john 1.1 is the son of GOd, Christ is called the word of GOD.

John 1:1

New International Version (NIV)
    John 1
    The Word Became Flesh
    1 In the beginning was the Word, and the Word was with God, and the Word was God.

New International Version (NIV)
    13 He is dressed in a robe dipped in blood, and his name is the Word of God.
    case closed.

Hi Jammin:

The scripture states that “his name is called” “the Word of God” because he will judge the living and the dead by the Word of God that was spoken through him and that he obeyed without sin unto death on the cross.

But is his name still Jesus?

In Isaiah we have this:

Isa 9:6 For unto us a child is born, unto us a son is given: and the government shall be upon his shoulder: and his name shall be called Wonderful, Counsellor, The mighty God, The everlasting Father, The Prince of Peace.

Isa 9:7 Of the increase of [his] government and peace [there shall be] no end, upon the throne of David, and upon his kingdom, to order it, and to establish it with judgment and with justice from henceforth even for ever. The zeal of the LORD of hosts will perform this.

Love in Christ,
    Marty

mikeboll64
    Blocked

Quote (kerwin @ April 15 2012,14:15)
    Mike,

One is the Word while the other is called by the Word’s name

And is one “Abram” while the other is called by Abram's name? ???

Viewing 20 posts - 6,021 through 6,040 (of 25,908 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

© 1999 - 2024 Heaven Net

Navigation

© 1999 - 2023 - Heaven Net
or

or    

Forgot your details?

or

Create Account