JOHN 1:1 who is the WORD?

Viewing 20 posts - 6,001 through 6,020 (of 25,908 total)
  • Author
    NickHassan
    Participant

Hi KW,
    Which are they?

NickHassan
    Participant

Quote (kerwin @ April 14 2012,13:11)
    Frank

You wrote

kerwin,

I am no mere “God” worshiper. Father Yahweh is Love and the source of it:

Then you know there is but one command that in obeying you obey the whole law and prophets of God; and that command is love.  It is obeyed by living by the Spirit of God; which is both received and lived according to; by faith.  In this way one worships God by the Spirit of love.
    God personalizes his Word; which is love; as does Jesus; though God is the Source.

Hi KW,
    Is Jesus Christ not now the Word?

kerwin
    Participant

Quote (Nick Hassan @ April 14 2012,11:27)
    Hi KW,
    Which are they?

Nick;

By their fruit you will know them.

kerwin
    Participant

Quote (Nick Hassan @ April 14 2012,11:28)

Quote (kerwin @ April 14 2012,13:11)
    Frank

You wrote

kerwin,

I am no mere “God” worshiper. Father Yahweh is Love and the source of it:

Then you know there is but one command that in obeying you obey the whole law and prophets of God; and that command is love.  It is obeyed by living by the Spirit of God; which is both received and lived according to; by faith.  In this way one worships God by the Spirit of love.
    God personalizes his Word; which is love; as does Jesus; though God is the Source.

Hi KW,
    Is Jesus Christ not now the Word?

Nick,

God is the Source of the Word.
    God lives in Jesus through the Spirit.
    Therefore Jesus is the Word.

NickHassan
    Participant

Yes KW

charity
    Participant

where is written In the Torah? To Love The Lord Thy God With Al Thy Earthly (Heart) (Mind), an Spiritual SouL

I understand this scripture to be associated with the promise of returning the Jewish Land to the Jewish…Which is now in this day an age been bough by a good honest days work! In which they may not be bound to such an out dated authority, that involved Life living at the time it had the right to possess this land..such as In (Mind) inheritance…free estate!

1, Its about the Heaven on Earth that I keep reminding all about…the Gospel of John catapulted the Heavens on earth promise into a new Theology..
    2, Its a promise to adore in return for God making Jewish nations possess their land an other Nations…getting rid of the oppressors! Romans!! About Earth being heaven! Heaven IS A PLACE WHERE YOU COME aLIVE!

Please read the copy an past!

Deu 11:13¶And it shall come to pass, if ye shall hearken diligently unto my commandments which I command you this day, to love the LORD your God, and to serve him with all your heart and with all your soul,

Deu 11:14 That I will give [you] the rain of your land in his due season, the first rain and the latter rain, that thou mayest gather in thy corn, and thy wine, and thine oil.

Deu 11:15 And I will send grass in thy fields for thy cattle, that thou mayest eat and be full.

Deu 11:16 Take heed to yourselves, that your heart be not deceived, and ye turn aside, and serve other gods, and worship them;

Deu 11:17 And [then] the LORD'S wrath be kindled against you, and he shut up the heaven, that there be no rain, and that the land yield not her fruit; and ([lest] ye (perish) (quickly) from off the (good land) which the LORD giveth you.

Deu 11:18¶Therefore shall ye lay up these my words in your heart and in your soul, and bind them for a sign upon your hand, that they may be as frontlets between your eyes.

Deu 11:19 And ye shall teach them your children, speaking of them when thou sittest in thine house, and when thou walkest by the way, when thou liest down, and when thou risest up.

Deu 11:20 And thou shalt write them upon the door posts of thine house, and upon thy gates:

Deu 11:21 That your days may be multiplied, and the days of your children, in the land which the LORD sware unto your fathers to give them, as the days of (heaven) upon the earth.) …..(The Land)

Deu 11:22¶For if ye shall diligently keep all these commandments which I command you, to do them, to love the LORD your God, to walk in all his ways, and to cleave unto him;

Deu 11:23 Then will the LORD drive out all these nations from before you, and ye shall possess greater nations and mightier than yourselves.

kerwin
    Participant

Quote (charity @ April 14 2012,13:01)
    where is written In the Torah? To Love The Lord Thy God With Al Thy Earthly (Heart) (Mind), an Spiritual SouL

I understand this scripture to be associated with the promise of returning the Jewish Land to the Jewish…Which is now in this day an age been bough by a good honest days work! In which they may not be bound to such an out dated authority, that involved Life living at the time it had the right to possess this land..such as In (Mind)  inheritance…free estate!

1, Its about the Heaven on Earth that I keep reminding all about…the Gospel of John catapulted the Heavens on earth promise into a new Theology..
    2, Its a promise to adore in return for God making Jewish nations possess their land an other Nations…getting rid of the oppressors! Romans!! About Earth being heaven! Heaven IS A PLACE WHERE YOU COME aLIVE!

Deu 11:13¶And it shall come to pass, if ye shall hearken diligently unto my commandments which I command you this day, to love the LORD your God, and to serve him with all your heart and with all your soul,

Deu 11:14 That I will give [you] the rain of your land in his due season, the first rain and the latter rain, that thou mayest gather in thy corn, and thy wine, and thine oil.

Deu 11:15 And I will send grass in thy fields for thy cattle, that thou mayest eat and be full.

Deu 11:16 Take heed to yourselves, that your heart be not deceived, and ye turn aside, and serve other gods, and worship them;

Deu 11:17 And [then] the LORD'S wrath be kindled against you, and he shut up the heaven, that there be no rain, and that the land yield not her fruit; and ([lest] ye (perish) (quickly) from off the (good land) which the LORD giveth you.

Deu 11:18¶Therefore shall ye lay up these my words in your heart and in your soul, and bind them for a sign upon your hand, that they may be as frontlets between your eyes.

Deu 11:19 And ye shall teach them your children, speaking of them when thou sittest in thine house, and when thou walkest by the way, when thou liest down, and when thou risest up.

Deu 11:20 And thou shalt write them upon the door posts of thine house, and upon thy gates:

Deu 11:21 That your days may be multiplied, and the days of your children, in the land which the LORD sware unto your fathers to give them, as the days of (heaven) upon the earth.) …..(The Land)

Deu 11:22¶For if ye shall diligently keep all these commandments which I command you, to do them, to love the LORD your God, to walk in all his ways, and to cleave unto him;

Deu 11:23 Then will the LORD drive out all these nations from before you, and ye shall possess greater nations and mightier than yourselves.

Charity,

Same theology; an additional and superior covenant.

jammin
    Participant

Quote (Frank4YAHWEH @ April 14 2012,12:41)

Quote (jammin @ April 14 2012,12:31)
    you said:I am never proclaimed that Scripture says that the word in Yahchanan [John] 1:1 is the Father

now you said:I never admitted that the word was not the Father.
    ——-
    you should take some vitamins LOL
    you are confused

the bible says that the father and the son have the same nature, GOD.that is what the bible says.
    the father is GOD by nature.
    the son is also GOD by nature.

phil 2.5-6 Let Christ himself be your example as to what your attitude should be. For he, who had always been God by nature,

sorry boy but you need to study hard LOL

jammin,

Is that the best that you can do is to repeat a post that I have already responded to as follows:

https://heavennet.net/cgi-bin….st=1770

:D

sorry frank but it is very obvious that you are contradicting yourself

LOL

jammin
    Participant

the word in john 1.1 is the son of GOd, Christ is called the word of GOD.

John 1:1

New International Version (NIV)
    John 1
    The Word Became Flesh
    1 In the beginning was the Word, and the Word was with God, and the Word was God.
    Revelation 19:13

13 He is dressed in a robe dipped in blood, and his name is the Word of God.
    case closed.

mikeboll64
    Blocked

Quote (kerwin @ April 12 2012,21:22)
    I understand these quotes; do you?

Yes Kerwin,

I understand the concept of abstract values.  What I don't understand is why you would take such a concrete issue, such as a spokesman for someone being called his “Word”, and pretend it has some underlying abstract quality when all evidence points to a simple, concrete explanation.

It seems to me that my Lord saying, I came down from heaven, and glorify me now with the glory I had with you before the world began are concrete enough.  Why then, would you go out of your way to INVENT alternate, abstract scenarios for his simple and clear words?

So the point is not whether we both UNDERSTAND “abstract” as a concept or not; the point is why one of us is driven to imagine that clear, concrete statements must have some hidden, abstract meaning in the first place.

I know the answer:  It is because you have already made up your mind about what the scriptures teach before giving them a chance to teach you.  You come into the process with your own conclusion that Jesus must have been exactly like the rest of us, and therefore must find ways to make the clear, scriptural statements to the contrary somehow null and void.  You do this by inventing abstract meanings to clearly worded concrete statements.

Ed J
    Participant

Quote (Frank4YAHWEH @ April 14 2012,07:30)

Quote (Ed J @ April 14 2012,05:42)

Quote (Frank4YAHWEH @ April 14 2012,05:06)

Quote (Ed J @ April 13 2012,14:05)

Quote (Ed J @ April 13 2012,14:02)

Rudimentary logic  vs  Rudimentary logic

Ding, let the match begin.

Ed J,

You have the right idea about this forum! Nothing but short bouts of fighting going on here in foolish words.
    The only difference between an actual boxing match and what goes on here is that here the fight never ends.

Hi Frank,

All rudimentary logic needs is a better to understanding of “the big picture”.
    Arguing over segmented understanding is irrelevant .

God bless
    Ed J

Ed J,

This is why I am growing tired of arguing over the irrelevant segmented understanding and the backbiting that goes on in this forum.
    I myself would rather present “the big picture” as you have put it all in one post.

I offer presented help to all with worldly perspective through a compelling amount of statistical information
    intended to provide aid to the understanding of spiritual truths. God created and gave us perceptions so that
    all the world’s complexities could be selectively perceived on a personal level as well as spiritually on a collective
    level. Pre-drawn conclusions, even if correct, seem to meet resistance through worldly perception.

Religionists sometimes even label new materials as ‘apostate’ based on misled opinions of truth. Fragmented
    information then, leading to the correct conclusion is better than “all-out discloser” because there is less resistance.
    This type of information can be seen as complete truth. Correct conclusions, based on understood information, allow for
    clearer choices. Choice is intended for our unencumbered growth.

When fragmented information fails human perception from reaching the correct conclusion,
    all out disclosure then becomes necessary. This new form of fragmentized all out disclosure can be
    seen as complete truth and should give people the information needed necessary for obtaining true “Bible Perception”.

Bible Perception=151

LORD of Hosts=151 (The AKJV Bible)
                         Jesus Christ=151 (The New Testament)
                         Holy Spirit=151 (Old and New Testament)
                         The LORD JEHOVAH=151 (Isaiah 12:2, 26:4)

(LINK to the thread THAT PROVES GOD’s EXISTENCE)
                   (Trinity and non-Trinity, can both views be correct?)

terraricca
    Participant

Quote (kerwin @ April 15 2012,01:30)

Quote (charity @ April 14 2012,13:01)

I understand this scripture to be associated with the promise of returning the Jewish Land to the Jewish…Which is now in this day an age been bough by a good honest days work! In which they may not be bound to such an out dated authority, that involved Life living at the time it had the right to possess this land..such as In (Mind)  inheritance…free estate!

Charity,

Same theology; an additional and superior covenant.

K

nothing as been change ,beside the fact that with Christ sacrifice the sins are now forgiven to those who believe in God and his son ,

we know that ONLY those who prove their faith by deeds of faith have their sins forgiven and so benefit from the sacrifice of Christ ,
    no deeds of your faith ,means you do not believe this is the verdict Jn 3;

NickHassan
    Participant

HI T,
    WHAT DO YOU MEAN BY BELIEVE?
    INTELLECTUAL ASSENT SAVES NOBODY

charity
    Participant

Quote (jammin @ April 15 2012,00:13)
    the word in john 1.1 is the son of GOd, Christ is called the word of GOD.

John 1:1

John 1
    The Word Became Flesh
    1 In the beginning was the Word, and the Word was with God, and the Word was God.
    Revelation 19:13

13 He is dressed in a robe dipped in blood, and his name is the Word of God.
    case closed.

It all comes down to..The words say that J

But it is the opinion of the writer…whom has agreed comforted in Destroying a Leader as a sacrifice an offering for sin…
    Sacrifice an offering had made hearts an minds blind to grace an faith!….According to the old testment Jesus was the end of the father generation, an the beginning of the generation of the children that will rise for judgment..Hbr 11:40 God having provided some better thing for us, that they without us should not be made perfect..Hbr 11:35 Women received their dead raised to life again: and others were tortured, not accepting deliverance; that they might obtain a better resurrection:….The grace covenant is way more powerful…souls don't keep being created..they are recreated, as in God dose away with the first body to make way for the second…as in they looked for.. Elijah in  John the Baptist…Saul to Paul…This is not my own teaching..it was everdent, an care clarify..

Participant

Hi:

Hbr 11:3 Through faith we understand that the worlds were framed by the word of God, so that things which are seen were not made of things which do appear.

In the beginning was the Word, and the Word was with God, and the Word was God.

Hbr 1:1 ¶ God, who at sundry times and in divers manners spake in time past unto the fathers by the prophets,

Hbr 1:2 Hath in these last days spoken unto us by [his] Son, whom he hath appointed heir of all things, by whom also he made the worlds;

In John 1:1 the Word pertains to Jesus, but no, the Word is not Jesus but is that which God has spoken and embodies His plan, and this plan demonstrates God's character.

Jhn 3:16 For God so loved the world, that he gave his only begotten Son, that whosoever believeth in him should not perish, but have everlasting life.

Jhn 3:17 For God sent not his Son into the world to condemn the world; but that the world through him might be saved.

1Jo 1:1 ¶ That which was from the beginning, which we have heard, which we have seen with our eyes, which we have looked upon, and our hands have handled, of the Word of life;

1Jo 1:2 (For the life was manifested, and we have seen [it], and bear witness, and shew unto you that eternal life, which was with the Father, and was manifested unto us;)

Love in Christ,
    Marty

terraricca
    Participant

Quote (942767 @ April 15 2012,18:04)
    Hi:

Hbr 11:3   Through faith we understand that the worlds were framed by the word of God, so that things which are seen were not made of things which do appear.  

Hbr 1:1 ¶ God, who at sundry times and in divers manners spake in time past unto the fathers by the prophets,  

Hbr 1:2   Hath in these last days spoken unto us by [his] Son, whom he hath appointed heir of all things, by whom also he made the worlds;

In John 1:1 the Word pertains to Jesus, but no, the Word is not Jesus but is that which God has spoken and embodies His plan, and this plan demonstrates God's character.

Jhn 3:16   For God so loved the world, that he gave his only begotten Son, that whosoever believeth in him should not perish, but have everlasting life.  

Jhn 3:17   For God sent not his Son into the world to condemn the world; but that the world through him might be saved.  

1Jo 1:1 ¶ That which was from the beginning, which we have heard, which we have seen with our eyes, which we have looked upon, and our hands have handled, of the Word of life;  

1Jo 1:2   (For the life was manifested, and we have seen [it], and bear witness, and shew unto you that eternal life, which was with the Father, and was manifested unto us;)  

Love in Christ,
    Marty

Marty

you have overlooked many scriptures why ????

terraricca
    Participant

Quote (Nick Hassan @ April 15 2012,16:24)
    HI T,
    WHAT DO YOU MEAN BY BELIEVE?
    INTELLECTUAL ASSENT SAVES NOBODY

N

do you not know what BELIEVING IN CHRIST IS ???

obey,submit to God and produce fruits of the faith ,believe scriptures because they are the truth

I definitively did not talk about INTELLECTUAL ASSENT as you claim and pursue

NickHassan
    Participant

Hi T,
    Is it faith that produces fruit or the Spirit?

Participant

Quote (terraricca @ April 15 2012,11:40)

Quote (942767 @ April 15 2012,18:04)
    Hi:

Hbr 11:3   Through faith we understand that the worlds were framed by the word of God, so that things which are seen were not made of things which do appear.  

Hbr 1:2   Hath in these last days spoken unto us by [his] Son, whom he hath appointed heir of all things, by whom also he made the worlds;

Jhn 3:16   For God so loved the world, that he gave his only begotten Son, that whosoever believeth in him should not perish, but have everlasting life.  

Jhn 3:17   For God sent not his Son into the world to condemn the world; but that the world through him might be saved.  

1Jo 1:2   (For the life was manifested, and we have seen [it], and bear witness, and shew unto you that eternal life, which was with the Father, and was manifested unto us;)  

Love in Christ,
    Marty

Marty

you have overlooked many scriptures why ????

Hi T:

I haven't ignored any scriptures. I have selected some scriptures which show that “the Word” in John 1:1 is not Jesus as a pre-existent sentient person as has mistakenly been taught, but is what God has spoken and that it embodies His plan.

Again, this is to show that “the Word” in John 1:1 pertains to Jesus but is not Jesus as a pre-existent, sentient person.

My interest is that both you and I teach the truth.

Love in Christ,
    Marty

mikeboll64
    Blocked

Hi Marty,

In what way does “the Word” pertain to Jesus without being Jesus?

Viewing 20 posts - 6,001 through 6,020 (of 25,908 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

© 1999 - 2024 Heaven Net

Navigation

© 1999 - 2023 - Heaven Net
or

or    

Forgot your details?

or

Create Account