JOHN 1:1 who is the WORD?

Viewing 20 posts - 5,841 through 5,860 (of 25,907 total)
  • Author
    jammin
    Participant

LOL. so you cant read in john 1.1 that it refers to the holy spirit?

poor edj.. make your own version LOL

Frank4YAHWEH
    Participant

Quote (jammin @ April 06 2012,12:34)

Quote (Frank4YAHWEH @ April 06 2012,12:32)

Quote (jammin @ April 06 2012,12:18)
    frank,

have you finished your homework? did u find any transation that says in john 1.1 that the word is he father??

you need further studies LOL

As I had said previously, I have never said that there is a translation of Yahchahan [John] 1:1 that says “the word is 'HE' father.” Have you found a “TRANSATION” of Yahchanan [John] 1:1 that says “The word is the son.”?  :D

Do you need a spelling lesson?  :D

thanks for accepting that you can not read any translation that says that the word in john 1.1 is the father.

now you ask me if i can read any translation that says that the word in john 1.1 is the God's son.

here is your request.

John 1:1

Wycliffe Bible (WYC)
    John 1
    1 In the beginning was the word, and the word was at God, and God was the word. [In the beginning was the word, that is, God's Son, and the word was at God, and God was the word.]

better luck next time boy LOL

jammin,

Following is the ORIGINAL translatian of Yahchanan [John] 1:1 done by John Wycliff

CAP 1
    1 In the bigynnyng was the word, and the word was at God, and God was the word.
    SOURCE

As one can clearly see, the so-called “translation” that you provided as follows is merely and edited version of John Wycliff's ORIGINAL TRANSLATION:

Wycliffe Bible (WYC)
    John 1
    1 In the beginning was the word, and the word was at God, and God was the word. [In the beginning was the word, that is, God's Son, and the word was at God, and God was the word.]

One can clearly see that the following is merely an ADDED private interpretive embellishment which was placed in brackets to make this known and which was done by a later editor of John Wycliff's translation work.

[In the beginning was the word, that is, God's Son, and the word was at God, and God was the word.]

So, my stance that there in no translation that says “the word is the son” still stands and you have yet to produce an accurate translation done by an actual translator that in ACTUALITY SAYS this.

FYI, there is a clear warning in Scripture about ADDING unto or taking away from Father Yahweh's inspired prophetic word. One such warning is given Revelation 22:18-19 as follows:

I warn everyone who hears the words of the prophecy of this book: If anyone adds anything to them, Yahweh will add to him the plagues described in this book. And if anyone takes words away from this book of prophecy, Yahweh will take away from him his share in the tree of life and in the set apart city, which are described in this book (Revelation 22:18-19).

NickHassan
    Participant

Hi Frank,
    The Word became God's Son.
    The Son of God is the Son of Man.

terraricca
    Participant

Quote (Ed J @ April 10 2012,09:23)
    All these verses together PROVE that “The Word” is REALLY the HolySpirit”!

Zech.4:6
    Zech.12:1

Matt.13:19
    Mark 4:14
    Mark13:11
    Mark 13:19
    Luke 3:2
    Luke 8:11
    John 12:49
    John 14:24
    John 17:6-8
    John 17:14
    Acts 4:31
    Acts 10:36-38
    Acts 10:44
    Acts 11:15-16
    Acts 13:4-5
    Acts 13:47-49
    Acts 17:11
    Acts 20:32
    Romans 9:5-6
    Romans 10:17
    1Cor. 12:8-9
    1Cor. 14:36
    2Cor. 5:19
    2Cor. 6:6-7
    Gal.6:6
    Eph. 1:12-13
    Eph. 5:26
    Eph. 6:17
    Phillip.2:16
    1Tm.5:17-18
    2Tm.2:11-15
    2Tm.4:2
    Hebrews 1:1-2
    Hebrews 2:2-3
    Hebrews 4:2-6
    Hebrews 4:8-12
    Hebrews 5:13-14
    Hebrews 7:28
    Hebrews 11:3
    Hebrews 12:19
    James 1:18
    1Peter 1:21-23
    1Peter 2:6-8
    1John 2:7-10
    Rev.1:2
    Rev.1:9
    Rev.19:11-16
    Rev.20:4

God bless
    Ed J (Joshua 22:34)
    http://www.holycitybiblecode.org

:D :D :D :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :D :D :D :p :p :p

terraricca
    Participant

Quote (Nick Hassan @ April 10 2012,12:44)
    Hi Frank,

:D :D :D :laugh: :O

Frank4YAHWEH
    Participant

Quote (Nick Hassan @ April 10 2012,05:44)
    Hi Frank,

Nick,

Nowhere in Scripture does it ever say “The Word became God's Son.” As I have stated many times before, Father Yahweh's word is just that, Father Yahweh's word. Father Yahweh's word is not His son or an actual being separate from Him.

Scripture does say that Father Yahweh's word became flesh, but Father Yahweh's word did not LITERALLY become flesh. This is simply a figurative way of saying that Father Yahweh's word became flesh THROUGH (BY WAY OF) His son Yahshua in that he is the spokesman of his and our Father Yahweh's word in this last time period as Hebrews I:1-2 make perfectly clear. One could also figuratively say that Father Yahweh's word became flesh THROUGH (BY WAY OF) Moshe. In this same manner, Moshe was not LITERALLY Father Yahweh's word, but Moshe was the spokesman of Father Yahweh's word which is also made quite clear in Hebrews 1:1-2 in its saying “In the past YAHWEH SPOKE [His word] to our forefathers THROUGH (BY WAY OF) the prophets [as spokesmen] at many times and in VARIOUS WAYS, … (Hebrews 1:1).

Note that one could also figuratively say “Yahweh's word became plant.” in that Father Yahweh spoke THROUGH (BY WAY OF) the burning bush to get Moshe's attention. Father Yahweh's word was not LITERALLY a burning bush or a plant, but was simply one of the VARIOUS WAYS which Father Yahweh communicated to Moshe.

Did Yahshua Create Or Pre-exist His Birth?

“Jesus IS God!”?

The Name Yahweh

NickHassan
    Participant

Quote (Frank4YAHWEH @ April 10 2012,08:08)

Hi Frank,

Nick,

Nowhere in Scripture does it ever say “The Word became God's Son.” As I have stated many times before, Father Yahweh's word is just that, Father Yahweh's word. Father Yahweh's word is not His son or an actual being separate from Him.

Scripture does say that Father Yahweh's word became flesh, but Father Yahweh's word did not LITERALLY become flesh. This is simply a figurative way of saying that Father Yahweh's word became flesh THROUGH (BY WAY OF) His son Yahshua in that he is the spokesman of his and our Father Yahweh's word in this last time period as Hebrews I:1-2 make perfectly clear. One could also figuratively say that Father Yahweh's word became flesh THROUGH (BY WAY OF) Moshe. In this same manner, Moshe was not LITERALLY Father Yahweh's word, but Moshe was the spokesman of Father Yahweh's word which is also made quite clear in Hebrews 1:1-2 in its saying “In the past YAHWEH SPOKE [His word] to our forefathers THROUGH (BY WAY OF) the prophets [as spokesmen] at many times and in VARIOUS WAYS, … (Hebrews 1:1).

Note that one could also figuratively say “Yahweh's word became plant.” in that Father Yahweh spoke THROUGH (BY WAY OF) the burning bush to get Moshe's attention. Father Yahweh's word was not LITERALLY a burning bush or a plant, but was simply one of the VARIOUS WAYS which Father Yahweh communicated to Moshe.

“Jesus IS God!”?

The Name Yahweh

Hi Frank,
    You said this
    “[In the beginning was the word, that is, God's Son, and the word was at God, and God was the word.] “

Then you seem to contradict yourself.
    can you explain?

Frank4YAHWEH
    Participant

Quote (Nick Hassan @ April 10 2012,08:52)

Quote (Frank4YAHWEH @ April 10 2012,08:08)

Hi Frank,

Nick,

“Jesus IS God!”?

The Name Yahweh

Hi Frank,
    You said this
    “[In the beginning was the word, that is, God's Son, and the word was at God, and God was the word.] “

Then you seem to contradict yourself.
    can you explain?

Nick,

No, I did not say this:

“[In the beginning was the word, that is, God's Son, and the word was at God, and God was the word.]”

You are not accurately following the contents of my discussion with jammin. I was merely showing jammin what had been erroneously ADDED by a later editor of John Wycliff's translation of Scripture.

Following is what was erroneously ADDED to John Wycliff's translation by a later editor of his work in translating and not something that I said or would ever say:

[In the beginning was the word, that is, God's Son, and the word was at God, and God was the word.]

NickHassan
    Participant

Hi Frank,
    So sonship is by the Word and of the Word.
    Sonship is by the Spirit and of the Spirit.

Frank4YAHWEH
    Participant

Quote (Nick Hassan @ April 10 2012,09:26)
    Hi Frank,

Nick,

So, did you see how you misunderstood my post?

Frank4YAHWEH
    Participant

Quote (Nick Hassan @ April 10 2012,09:26)
    Hi Frank,

The [Yahweh's] spirit itself bears witness with our spirit, that we are the children [sons, daughters] of Yahweh: (Romans 8:16).

mikeboll64
    Blocked

The Word that was with God and was a god became flesh and had the glory of the only begotten Son of God that he was.

John said these words………………

the one who comes after me, I'm not fit to untie the thongs of his sandals

…………..about TWO people in John 1. One of them was called “the Word”, and the other was called “Jesus”.

Were they really TWO persons? Or could it be that the Word and Jesus are one and the same person?

kerwin
    Participant

Quote (mikeboll64 @ April 10 2012,07:08)
    The Word that was with God and was a god became flesh and had the glory of the only begotten Son of God that he was.

…………..about TWO people in John 1.  One of them was called “the Word”, and the other was called “Jesus”.

Were they really TWO persons?  Or could it be that the Word and Jesus are one and the same person?

Mike,

Consider that John was personifying the Word of God knowing God, Jesus, the Spirit were all vessels or the source of the Word.  It is the personification John writes of and not directly Jesus.  He indirectly teaches of Jesus as soon as the Word becomes Jesus; which is to say flesh.  He is not downplaying the role of Jesus, but instead emphasizing the role of God's Word.

terraricca
    Participant

Quote (kerwin @ April 10 2012,19:36)

…………..about TWO people in John 1.  One of them was called “the Word”, and the other was called “Jesus”.

Were they really TWO persons?  Or could it be that the Word and Jesus are one and the same person?

Mike,

Consider that John was personifying the Word of God knowing God, Jesus, the Spirit were all vessels or the source of the Word.  It is the personification John writes of and not directly Jesus.  He indirectly teaches of Jesus as soon as the Word becomes Jesus; which is to say flesh.  He is not downplaying the role of Jesus, but instead emphasizing the role of God's Word.

K

were are you getting all those dreams ???

you call things based on what ???

you know John's mind ,God's mind and the WORD OF GOD ,

this needs an explanation and it as to be true

NickHassan
    Participant

Quote (mikeboll64 @ April 10 2012,12:08)

Hi MB,
    Two persons?
    The Spirit is not a person.
    Does the Spirit of Christ not indwell you?

Quote (mikeboll64 @ April 02 2012,19:35)

Quote (WorshippingJesus @ April 01 2012,23:44)

Quote (mikeboll64 @ April 01 2012,19:29)
    It is Jesus and his Father who dwell in us VIA spirit.  But if Jesus says HE will make his abode in us, then it means JESUS via spirit.  It doesn't mean the spirit OF Jesus.

Hi mike

I see you are still hanging around HN, I hope you and yours are well.

However it seems that you are still teaching untruths.

You said….“It doesn't mean the spirit OF Jesus.”

But that disagrees with this scripture and many others…

For I know that this shall turn to my salvation through your prayer, and the supply of the Spirit of Jesus Christ,… Phil 1:19    :D

Question for you Mike…

Whose Spirit does the Bible say we have recieved that crys “Abba Father”?

Blessings!

WJ

Hi Keith,

As usual, you are a day late and a dollar short.  Is Jesus himself “the spirit of Christ”?

Hi Mike

Once again your eyes are blinded to the truth of the scriptures.

Now the Lord IS that Spirit: and where the Spirit of the Lord is, there is liberty. 2 Cor 3:17

Who is it that is living in you Mike? Because if it isn't Jesus then you are none of his!

Examine yourselves, whether ye be in the faith; prove your own selves. Know ye not your own selves, how that Jesus Christ is in you, except ye be reprobates? 2 Cor 13:5

I will ask again…

Will you answer the question?

I hope your wife is doing okay with her illness.

Thanks for asking. She is finishing radiation treatments. Every thing is looking well. She is in pain and and very weak but she is a fighter and very strong in faith toward the Lord.

WJ

terraricca
    Participant

Quote (WorshippingJesus @ April 10 2012,21:49)

Quote (WorshippingJesus @ April 01 2012,23:44)

Quote (mikeboll64 @ April 01 2012,19:29)
    It is Jesus and his Father who dwell in us VIA spirit.  But if Jesus says HE will make his abode in us, then it means JESUS via spirit.  It doesn't mean the spirit OF Jesus.

Hi mike

I see you are still hanging around HN, I hope you and yours are well.

However it seems that you are still teaching untruths.

You said….“It doesn't mean the spirit OF Jesus.”

But that disagrees with this scripture and many others…

For I know that this shall turn to my salvation through your prayer, and the supply of the Spirit of Jesus Christ,… Phil 1:19    :D

Question for you Mike…

Blessings!

WJ

Hi Keith,

As usual, you are a day late and a dollar short.  Is Jesus himself “the spirit of Christ”?

Hi Mike

Once again your eyes are blinded to the truth of the scriptures.

Now the Lord IS that Spirit: and where the Spirit of the Lord is, there is liberty. 2 Cor 3:17

Who is it that is living in you Mike? Because if it isn't Jesus then you are none of his!

Examine yourselves, whether ye be in the faith; prove your own selves. Know ye not your own selves, how that Jesus Christ is in you, except ye be reprobates? 2 Cor 13:5

I will ask again…

Will you answer the question?

I hope your wife is doing okay with her illness.

Thanks for asking. She is finishing radiation treatments. Every thing is looking well. She is in pain and and very weak but she is a fighter and very strong in faith toward the Lord.

WJ

WJ

LK 4:18 “THE SPIRIT OF THE LORD IS UPON ME,
    BECAUSE HE ANOINTED ME TO PREACH THE GOSPEL TO THE POOR.
    HE HAS SENT ME TO PROCLAIM RELEASE TO THE CAPTIVES,
    AND RECOVERY OF SIGHT TO THE BLIND,
    TO SET FREE THOSE WHO ARE OPPRESSED,

1Co 11:26 For whenever you eat this bread and drink this cup, you proclaim the Lord’s death until he comes.
    1Co 11:27 Therefore, whoever eats the bread or drinks the cup of the Lord in an unworthy manner will be guilty of sinning against the body and blood of the Lord.
    1Co 11:28 A man ought to examine himself before he eats of the bread and drinks of the cup.
    1Co 11:29 For anyone who eats and drinks without recognizing the body of the Lord eats and drinks judgment on himself.
    1Co 11:30 That is why many among you are weak and sick, and a number of you have fallen asleep.
    1Co 11:31 But if we judged ourselves, we would not come under judgment.
    1Co 11:32 When we are judged by the Lord, we are being disciplined so that we will not be condemned with the world.

2Co 13:2 I already gave you a warning when I was with you the second time. I now repeat it while absent: On my return I will not spare those who sinned earlier or any of the others,
    2Co 13:3 since you are demanding proof that Christ is speaking through me. He is not weak in dealing with you, but is powerful among you.
    2Co 13:4 For to be sure, he was crucified in weakness, yet he lives by God’s power. Likewise, we are weak in him, yet by God’s power we will live with him to serve you.
    2Co 13:5 Examine yourselves to see whether you are in the faith; test yourselves. Do you not realize that Christ Jesus is in you—unless, of course, you fail the test?

bad connection for your purpose WJ

kerwin
    Participant

Quote (terraricca @ April 10 2012,08:04)

Mike,

K

Pierre,

Tell me what a personification is.  If you not know then please look  it up and perhaps you can improve your communications.  Thank you!

John is in his word.

terraricca
    Participant

Quote (kerwin @ April 10 2012,23:12)

Quote (terraricca @ April 10 2012,08:04)

Mike,

K

Pierre,

Tell me what a personification is.  If you not know then please look  it up and perhaps you can improve your communications.  Thank you!

John is in his word.

K

You still wrong in your explanation,

Now for your info: mainly all English words ending in ION ARE OF FRENCH ORIGIN so I would understand them ,

jammin
    Participant

the members of the mystery religion club speak again LOL

Viewing 20 posts - 5,841 through 5,860 (of 25,907 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

© 1999 - 2024 Heaven Net

Navigation

© 1999 - 2023 - Heaven Net
or

or    

Forgot your details?

or

Create Account