JOHN 1:1 who is the WORD?

Viewing 20 posts - 5,481 through 5,500 (of 25,926 total)
  • Author
    terraricca
    Participant

Quote (Ed J @ Mar. 29 2012,09:24)

Quote (terraricca @ Mar. 29 2012,01:52)
    Kerwin

John 6:68
    King James Version (KJV)

68Then Simon Peter answered him, Lord, to whom shall we go? thou hast the words of eternal life.

what is it that Peter talks about ??? did he talks about Christ or about what Christ was preaching ???

to me Peter was referring to Christ teachings no ????

Hi Pierre,

John 12:49-50 For I have not spoken of myself; but the Father which sent me,
    he gave me a commandment, what I should say, and what I should speak.
    And I know that his commandment is life everlasting: whatsoever I
    speak therefore, even as the Father said unto me, so I speak.

God bless
    Ed J (Joshua 22:34)
    http://www.holycitybiblecode.org

edj

we all know that the words spoken by Christ have been said for our salvation ,but “THE WORD” OF GOD IS CHRIST ,understand

that God has never spoken to man directly always through someone ,prophet,angels,and THE WORD, scriptures have said that in these last days that God spoke through his Son ,this would be the most high official and direct communication ever that God had with men,

and it represent the last connection before our judgement so it is true that his words would be meaning live to all of us .

NickHassan
    Participant

Hi T,
    Exactly.

The Spirit of Christ from God not only was in Jesus Christ and spoke through him – he was the greatest prophet[acts 3.22]- but also was in and spoke through the previous prophets.[1Peter 1.10]

kerwin
    Participant

Quote (terraricca @ Mar. 29 2012,00:33)

Kerwin

King James Version (KJV)

68Then Simon Peter answered him, Lord, to whom shall we go? thou hast the words of eternal life.

what is it that Peter talks about ??? did he talks about Christ or about what Christ was preaching ???

Hi Pierre,

God bless

edj

we all know that the words spoken by Christ have been said for our salvation ,but “THE WORD” OF GOD IS CHRIST ,understand

that God has never spoken to man directly always through someone ,prophet,angels,and THE WORD, scriptures have said that in these last days that God spoke through his Son ,this would be the most high official and direct communication ever that God had with men,

and it represent the last connection before our judgement so it is true that his words would be meaning live to all of us .

Pierre,

I am glad that you understand that the Word spoken by Jesus Anointed contains our salvation.  You should also understand that John teaches and lives that same Word.  It is the Spirit of God that enables John to both live and teach the Word.  Jesus the King is greater than John because he both leads and has made John perfect in the Word. There is no other way to be made perfect in the Word.

Since John, who fell short of God’s glory, is made perfect in the image of that glory, the Word; how much more is Jesus, who never fell short?

From your words it seems you do understand.

NickHassan
    Participant

Hi KW,
    My words are Spirit and life[jn6]

terraricca
    Participant

edj, Kerwin, and Nick

in this parable Christ explain his reason to be in this world starting with Israel;

Mt 21:33 “Listen to another parable: There was a landowner who planted a vineyard. He put a wall around it, dug a winepress in it and built a watchtower. Then he rented the vineyard to some farmers and went away on a journey.
    Mt 21:34 When the harvest time approached, he sent his servants to the tenants to collect his fruit.
    Mt 21:35 “The tenants seized his servants; they beat one, killed another, and stoned a third.
    Mt 21:36 Then he sent other servants to them, more than the first time, and the tenants treated them the same way.
    Mt 21:37 Last of all, he sent his son to them. ‘They will respect my son,’ he said.
    Mt 21:38 “But when the tenants saw the son, they said to each other, ‘This is the heir. Come, let’s kill him and take his inheritance.’
    Mt 21:39 So they took him and threw him out of the vineyard and killed him.
    Mt 21:40 “Therefore, when the owner of the vineyard comes, what will he do to those tenants?”

Mt 21:41 “He will bring those wretches to a wretched end,” they replied, “and he will rent the vineyard to other tenants, who will give him his share of the crop at harvest time.”
    Mt 21:42 Jesus said to them, “Have you never read in the Scriptures:
    “ ‘The stone the builders rejected
    has become the capstone;
    the Lord has done this,
    and it is marvelous in our eyes’ ?
    Mt 21:43 “Therefore I tell you that the kingdom of God will be taken away from you and given to a people who will produce its fruit.
    Mt 21:44 He who falls on this stone will be broken to pieces, but he on whom it falls will be crushed.”
    Mt 21:45 When the chief priests and the Pharisees heard Jesus’ parables, they knew he was talking about them.

NickHassan
    Participant

Hi T,
    Thus spelling the end of intellectual religion and the beginning of the Law of the inner Spirit.

kerwin
    Participant

Quote (terraricca @ Mar. 29 2012,02:17)
    edj, Kerwin, and Nick

in this parable Christ explain his reason to be in this world starting with Israel;

Mt 21:33 “Listen to another parable: There was a landowner who planted a vineyard. He put a wall around it, dug a winepress in it and built a watchtower. Then he rented the vineyard to some farmers and went away on a journey.
    Mt 21:34 When the harvest time approached, he sent his servants to the tenants to collect his fruit.
    Mt 21:35 “The tenants seized his servants; they beat one, killed another, and stoned a third.
    Mt 21:36 Then he sent other servants to them, more than the first time, and the tenants treated them the same way.
    Mt 21:37 Last of all, he sent his son to them. ‘They will respect my son,’ he said.
    Mt 21:38 “But when the tenants saw the son, they said to each other, ‘This is the heir. Come, let’s kill him and take his inheritance.’
    Mt 21:40 “Therefore, when the owner of the vineyard comes, what will he do to those tenants?”

Mt 21:41 “He will bring those wretches to a wretched end,” they replied, “and he will rent the vineyard to other tenants, who will give him his share of the crop at harvest time.”
    has become the capstone;
    the Lord has done this,
    Mt 21:43 “Therefore I tell you that the kingdom of God will be taken away from you and given to a people who will produce its fruit.
    Mt 21:44 He who falls on this stone will be broken to pieces, but he on whom it falls will be crushed.”
    Mt 21:45 When the chief priests and the Pharisees heard Jesus’ parables, they knew he was talking about them.

Pierre,

Better a broken spirit than a crushed soul.

NickHassan
    Participant

Hi KW,
    A broken spirit is in scripture but I believe it is one of those times when spirit means soul.

terraricca
    Participant

Quote (kerwin @ Mar. 29 2012,14:07)

Quote (terraricca @ Mar. 29 2012,00:33)

Kerwin

King James Version (KJV)

Hi Pierre,

God bless

edj

Pierre,

I am glad that you understand that the Word spoken by Jesus Anointed contains our salvation.  You should also understand that John teaches and lives that same Word.  It is the Spirit of God that enables John to both live and teach the Word.  Jesus the King is greater than John because he both leads and has made John perfect in the Word. There is no other way to be made perfect in the Word.

Since John, who fell short of God’s glory, is made perfect in the image of that glory, the Word; how much more is Jesus, who never fell short?

From your words it seems you do understand.

kerwin

Jn 1:1 In the beginning was the Word, and the Word was with God, and the Word was God.
    Jn 1:2 He was with God in the beginning.

now do you think in this verse John talks about the spoken words of his ??? if you say yes then why is there a beginning to his spoken words ???? did God not spoke before ??does it talk about how God start to talk ???of what interest this would be to anyone ???
    and God says twice that THE WORD” was with God,and that the WORD was,and it says THE WORD WAS GOD .this last statement seems out of line with the two previous ones but let see more first

Jn 1:14 The Word became flesh and made his dwelling among us. We have seen his glory, the glory of the One and Only, who came from the Father, full of grace and truth.

in this verse John continue speaking from and about THE WORD” he says it became flesh ,now why would something become flesh if it is only words ,could God not use a man like in the past ???yes he could for sure ,but what man could pay the ransom for Adam sin ??? not one single men that ever live or will come to live through Adam offspring could ever be able to provide the sacrifice because ALL HAVE FALL SHORT OF THE GLORY OF GOD, so what was left to Do for God if he wanted to save humankind of the curse of Adam sin ???

scriptures says that the only thing left for God was to provide the sacrifice himself so that the one he will send would NOT BE FROM EARTH AND SO NOT UNDER THE CURSE OF ADAM ,AND WOULD HAVE THE GLORY OF GOD AND SO TOTALLY QUALIFIED TO DO THAT JOB,but who would be chosen ???

there are over 200 million angels in heaven ,we all know how scriptures have shown how the first born is the heir and has first choice on and in everything,after the father that is ,

so who his this being ???who is the firstborn of God creation ???

scriptures says this ;ABOUT JESUS CHRIST

Col 1:15 He is the image of the invisible God, the firstborn over all creation.
    Col 1:16 For by him all things were created: things in heaven and on earth, visible and invisible, whether thrones or powers or rulers or authorities; all things were created by him and for him.
    Col 1:17 He is before all things, and in him all things hold together.
    Col 1:18 And he is the head of the body, the church; he is the beginning and the firstborn from among the dead, so that in everything he might have the supremacy.
    Col 1:19 For God was pleased to have all his fullness dwell in him,
    Col 1:20 and through him to reconcile to himself all things, whether things on earth or things in heaven, by making peace through his blood, shed on the cross.

1Jn 1:1 That which was from the beginning, which we have heard, which we have seen with our eyes, which we have looked at and our hands have touched—this we proclaim concerning the Word of life.
    1Jn 1:2 The life appeared; we have seen it and testify to it, and we proclaim to you the eternal life, which was with the Father and has appeared to us.

IN VERSE ONE AGAIN JOHN MENTION THAT WHICH WAS FROM BEGINNING TALKING ABOUT JESUS CHRIST AND RELATE HIM TO BEING THE “WORD”OF LIVE WHY ???PAUL EXPLAIN IT IN HIS LETTRE TO THE COLOSSIANS 1;15-20

Rev 1:2 who testifies to everything he saw—that is, the word of God and the testimony of Jesus Christ.
    Rev 1:3 Blessed is the one who reads the words of this prophecy, and blessed are those who hear it and take to heart what is written in it, because the time is near.

A
    GAIN here John 20 years after the destruction of Jerusalem call and speaks about THE WORD OF GOD (Jesus Christ) and the testimony of Jesus Christ (this is not the same thing )the testimony his the message about Jesus Christ ,this is understood to what he says further in the following words ,

so it is clear that THE WORD OF GOD spoken in John 1;1 and 14 and other scriptures his Jesus Christ

BECAUSE HE IS THE SON OF GOD AND THE FIRST BORN(CREATED) OF GOD AND SO THE HEIR AND SO THE ONLY POSSIBLE ELECT ONE TO FULFILL GOD 'S WILL FOR SAVING HUMANKIND BECAUSE BEING FREE OF THE CURSE AND POSSESSING THE GLORY OF GOD,

terraricca
    Participant

Quote (kerwin @ Mar. 29 2012,14:52)

edj, Kerwin, and Nick

has become the capstone;
    the Lord has done this,

Pierre,

KERWIN

it is not clear to me what your words mean

NickHassan
    Participant

Hi T,
    Yes the scriptures relate to the CHRIST, the ANOINTING Spirit.

terraricca
    Participant

Quote (Nick Hassan @ Mar. 29 2012,15:06)
    Hi T,
    Yes the scriptures relate to the CHRIST, the ANOINTING Spirit.

N

???

terraricca
    Participant

Quote (Nick Hassan @ Mar. 29 2012,14:32)
    Hi T,
    Thus spelling the end of intellectual religion and the beginning of the Law of the inner Spirit.

N

???

NickHassan
    Participant

Hi T,
    You have got to get beyond the flesh man and see the Spirit

Ed J
    Participant

Quote (terraricca @ Mar. 29 2012,08:01)
    kerwin

Jn 1:1 In the beginning was the Word, and the Word was with God, and the Word was God.

now do you think in this verse John talks about the spoken words of his ??? if you say yes then why is there a beginning to his spoken words ???? did God not spoke before ??does it talk about how God start to talk ???of what interest this would be to anyone ???
    and God says twice that THE WORD” was with God,and that the WORD was,and it says THE WORD WAS GOD .this last statement seems out of line with the two previous ones but let see more first

Jn 1:14 The Word became flesh and made his dwelling among us. We have seen his glory, the glory of the One and Only, who came from the Father, full of grace and truth.

in this verse John continue speaking from and about THE WORD” he says it became flesh ,now why would something become flesh if it is only words ,could God not use a man like in the past ???yes he could for sure ,but what man could pay the ransom for Adam sin ??? not one single men that ever live or will come to live through Adam offspring could ever be able to provide the sacrifice because ALL HAVE FALL SHORT OF THE GLORY OF GOD, so what was left to Do for God if he wanted to save humankind of the curse of Adam sin ???

scriptures says that the only thing left for God was to provide the sacrifice himself so that the one he will send would NOT BE FROM EARTH AND SO NOT UNDER THE CURSE OF ADAM ,AND WOULD HAVE THE GLORY OF GOD AND SO TOTALLY QUALIFIED TO DO THAT JOB,but who would be chosen ???

there are over 200 million angels in heaven ,we all know how scriptures have shown how the first born is the heir and has first choice on and in everything,after the father that is ,

so who his this being ???who is the firstborn of God creation ???

scriptures says this ;ABOUT JESUS CHRIST

Col 1:15 He is the image of the invisible God, the firstborn over all creation.
    Col 1:16 For by him all things were created: things in heaven and on earth, visible and invisible, whether thrones or powers or rulers or authorities; all things were created by him and for him.
    Col 1:17 He is before all things, and in him all things hold together.
    Col 1:18 And he is the head of the body, the church; he is the beginning and the firstborn from among the dead, so that in everything he might have the supremacy.
    Col 1:19 For God was pleased to have all his fullness dwell in him,
    Col 1:20 and through him to reconcile to himself all things, whether things on earth or things in heaven, by making peace through his blood, shed on the cross.

1Jn 1:1 That which was from the beginning, which we have heard, which we have seen with our eyes, which we have looked at and our hands have touched—this we proclaim concerning the Word of life.
    1Jn 1:2 The life appeared; we have seen it and testify to it, and we proclaim to you the eternal life, which was with the Father and has appeared to us.

IN VERSE ONE AGAIN JOHN MENTION THAT WHICH WAS FROM BEGINNING TALKING ABOUT JESUS CHRIST AND RELATE HIM TO BEING THE “WORD”OF LIVE WHY ???PAUL EXPLAIN IT IN HIS LETTRE TO THE COLOSSIANS 1;15-20

Rev 1:2 who testifies to everything he saw—that is, the word of God and the testimony of Jesus Christ.
    Rev 1:3 Blessed is the one who reads the words of this prophecy, and blessed are those who hear it and take to heart what is written in it, because the time is near.

AGAIN here John 20 years after the destruction of Jerusalem call and speaks about THE WORD OF GOD (Jesus Christ) and the testimony of Jesus Christ (this is not the same thing )the testimony his the message about Jesus Christ ,this is understood to what he says further in the following words ,

so it is clear that THE WORD OF GOD spoken in John 1;1 and 14 and other scriptures his Jesus Christ

BECAUSE HE IS THE SON OF GOD AND THE FIRST BORN(CREATED) OF GOD AND SO THE HEIR AND SO THE ONLY POSSIBLE ELECT ONE TO FULFILL GOD 'S WILL FOR SAVING  HUMANKIND BECAUSE BEING FREE OF THE CURSE AND POSSESSING THE GLORY OF GOD,

Lot's of speculation.

kerwin
    Participant

Pierre,

Deuteronomy 30:14
    New International Version (NIV)

14 No, the word is very near you; it is in your mouth and in your heart so you may obey it.

Deuteronomy 32:46

46 he said to them, “Take to heart all the words I have solemnly declared to you this day, so that you may command your children to obey carefully all the words of this law.

Is The Word in the mouth and heart of Jesus; and does he take it to heart? Is the same true about God and his Saintly Spirit?

Genesis 1

1 In the beginning God created the heavens and the earth. 2 Now the earth was formless and empty, darkness was over the surface of the deep, and the Spirit of God was hovering over the waters.
    3 And God said, “Let there be light,” and there was light. 4 God saw that the light was good, and he separated the light from the darkness. 5 God called the light “day,” and the darkness he called “night.” And there was evening, and there was morning—the first day.

God, his Spirit, and the Word are all present in the beginning.

but what man could pay the ransom for Adam sin

Hebrews 4:15

15 For we do not have a high priest who is unable to empathize with our weaknesses, but we have one who has been tempted in every way, just as we are—yet he did not sin.

Jesus, who is the image of God’s glory; as he did not sin even though tempted like his brothers.

not one single men that ever live or will come to live through Adam offspring could ever be able to provide the sacrifice

Luke 9:22

2 And he said, “The Son of Man must suffer many things and be rejected by the elders, the chief priests and the teachers of the law, and he must be killed and on the third day be raised to life.”

Romans 5

18 Consequently, just as one trespass resulted in condemnation for all people, so also one righteous act resulted in justification and life for all people. 19 For just as through the disobedience of the one man the many were made sinners, so also through the obedience of the one man the many will be made righteous.

Jesus is the Son of Adam who did not fall short of the glory of God.  He is the Servant that God placed his Spirit on.

because ALL HAVE FALL SHORT OF THE GLORY OF GOD

Romans 3

22 This righteousness is given through faith in Jesus Christ to all who believe. There is no difference between Jew and Gentile, 23 for all have sinned and fall short of the glory of God, 24 and all are justified freely by his grace through the redemption that came by Christ Jesus. 25 God presented Christ as a sacrifice of atonement, through the shedding of his blood—to be received by faith. He did this to demonstrate his righteousness, because in his forbearance he had left the sins committed beforehand unpunished— 26 he did it to demonstrate his righteousness at the present time, so as to be just and the one who justifies those who have faith in Jesus.

It is clear Jesus did not as it is through him righteousness is given to those who have fallen short.

scriptures says that the only thing left for God was to provide the sacrifice himself so that the one he will send would NOT BE FROM EARTH AND SO NOT UNDER THE CURSE OF ADAM ,AND WOULD HAVE THE GLORY OF GOD AND SO TOTALLY QUALIFIED TO DO THAT JOB, but who would be chosen

What Scripture states is:

Isaiah 42:1

1 “Here is my servant, whom I uphold,
      my chosen one in whom I delight;
    I will put my Spirit on him,
      and he will bring justice to the nations.

It is clear God placed his Spirit on his chosen servant; the same Spirit that was there in the beginning.  It is the Spirit that reveals The Word.

kerwin
    Participant

Quote (terraricca @ Mar. 29 2012,03:03)

Quote (kerwin @ Mar. 29 2012,14:52)

edj, Kerwin, and Nick

has become the capstone;
    the Lord has done this,

Pierre,

KERWIN

it is not clear to me what your words mean

Pierre,

Psalm 51:17

17 My sacrifice, O God, is[a] a broken spirit;
      a broken and contrite heart
      you, God, will not despise.
    Footnotes:
    a.Psalm 51:17 Or The sacrifices of God are

Matthew 10:28

28 Do not be afraid of those who kill the body but cannot kill the soul. Rather, be afraid of the One who can destroy both soul and body in hell.

kerwin
    Participant

Quote (Nick Hassan @ Mar. 29 2012,02:13)
    Hi KW,
    My words are Spirit and life[jn6]

Nick,

Jesus' Word is from heaven and in it is eternal life.

mikeboll64
    Blocked

Quote (kerwin @ Mar. 27 2012,21:10)
    Stop behaving like a hypocrite or stop trying to argue that John 1:1 states a god. Appeals to authority are questionable when you choose to doubt that authority when it disagrees with you.

Even the Trinitarian authorities freely acknowledge “a god” as a completely faithful translation of John 1:1c, Kerwin.

The 25 Trinitarian scholars of NETNotes even go as far as to point out that 1:1c can't possibly be talking about THE God, because the Word was WITH “THE God”.

mikeboll64
    Blocked

Quote (Ed J @ Mar. 27 2012,21:19)

Ed wrote:

”The Word” of life is “The Spirit” of life. (see John 6:63)
    They handled the word of life by giving it to others.

So they picked up the Spirit of life in their human hands and literally gave it to others?

Viewing 20 posts - 5,481 through 5,500 (of 25,926 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

© 1999 - 2024 Heaven Net

Navigation

© 1999 - 2023 - Heaven Net
or

or    

Forgot your details?

or

Create Account