JOHN 1:1 who is the WORD?

Viewing 20 posts - 5,301 through 5,320 (of 25,908 total)
  • Author
    jammin
    Participant

nice words from colter

make fools of yourselves by claiming faith in the Son while diminishing his words with the words of other men to justify your stubborn disbelief.

this is really true. nick, mike, edj, and some of the people here are claiming that jesus is their Lord but not obeying his words. they just want their own opinion to be accepted by other people but their doctrines contradict what the bible says.

NickHassan
    Participant

Hi Jammin,
    “you said:begotten of the Word that was with God in the beginning.”
    When was this?

Ed J
    Participant

Quote (Colter @ Mar. 23 2012,14:38)
    Not ignoring, you posted  more of the same, I have already answered these positions. you ignore Jesus saying that he would raise himself from the dead which he did.

Colter

Hi Colter,

No, it is YOU who has ignored John 14:24, which CLEARLY ADDRESSES YOUR POINT.    Now, what do YOU have to say about John 14:24?

(John 14:24) “the word which ye hear is not mine, but the Father's”

God bless
    Ed J (Joshua 22:34)
    http://www.holycitybiblecode.org

jammin
    Participant

nick, read all you posts.
    i think you can see that on page 100

NickHassan
    Participant

Hi Jammin,
    I said this on P96
    “Jesus CHRIST is the Word OF God.
    Begotten OF God's Spirit”

Please be accurate

jammin
    Participant

where can i read that Christ is begotten of God's spirit

Ed J
    Participant

Quote (Colter @ Mar. 23 2012,22:38)

Quote (Ed J @ Mar. 23 2012,16:51)

Not ignoring, you posted  more of the same, I have already answered these positions. you ignore Jesus saying that he would raise himself from the dead which he did.

Colter

Hi Colter,

No, it is YOU who has ignored John 14:24, which CLEARLY ADDRESSES YOUR POINT.    Now, what do YOU have to say about John 14:24?

God bless

Ed J,

Could it be that you have searched the scripture for 40 years and have not seen the truth?

This is your answer:

Philip said, “Lord, show us the Father and that will be enough for us.”

9 Jesus answered: “Don’t you know me, Philip, even after I have been among you such a long time? Anyone who has seen me has seen the Father. How can you say, ‘Show us the Father’? 10 Don’t you believe that I am in the Father, and that the Father is in me? The words I say to you I do not speak on my own authority. Rather, it is the Father, living in me, who is doing his work. 11 Believe me when I say that I am in the Father and the Father is in me; or at least believe on the evidence of the works themselves.

You appear to be stumbling because you do not recognize the reality of the different personalities unified in onenesses that are being alluded to in the revelation of Jesus' life. You focus on one to the exclusion of others, however truthfully they are all indistinguishably unified in divinity.

Colter

Hi Colter,

Could it instead be that YOU BELIEVE that those who see things differently
    than you, must certainly be wrong in YOUR eyes.   …this is a common problem!
    (Trinity and non-Trinity, can both views be correct?) I say yes and offer evidence!

God bless

NickHassan
    Participant

Quote (Colter @ Mar. 23 2012,22:38)

Quote (Ed J @ Mar. 23 2012,16:51)

Colter

Hi Colter,

God bless

Ed J,

Could it be that you have searched the scripture for 40 years and have not seen the truth?

This is your answer:

Philip said, “Lord, show us the Father and that will be enough for us.”

9 Jesus answered: “Don’t you know me, Philip, even after I have been among you such a long time? Anyone who has seen me has seen the Father. How can you say, ‘Show us the Father’? 10 Don’t you believe that I am in the Father, and that the Father is in me? The words I say to you I do not speak on my own authority. Rather, it is the Father, living in me, who is doing his work. 11 Believe me when I say that I am in the Father and the Father is in me; or at least believe on the evidence of the works themselves.

You appear to be stumbling because you do not recognize the reality of the different personalities unified in onenesses that are being alluded to in the revelation of Jesus' life. You focus on one to the exclusion of others, however truthfully they are all indistinguishably unified in divinity.

Colter

hi Colter,
    Yes God was IN HIM reconciling the world to himself [2cor 5.19]and those who saw and heard Jesus also saw and heard the God of Israel. God had indeed visited His people.

But the vessel was not the precious contents.[2cor 4.7]

NickHassan
    Participant

Quote (Colter @ Mar. 23 2012,22:48)

Quote (Nick Hassan @ Mar. 23 2012,14:40)
    Hi Colter,
    Are you a DUAL nature man?
    You will need to be to follow him

I'm not the Son of God.
    I'm not both human and divine in one person.

I'm spirit born, potentially salvaged into an eternal future, but not the Word incarnate, from the eternal past.

I am a creation in time, created by God in time.
    I'm not from the timeless beginning; I did not exist before the Son/Word created the world.

Colter

Hi Colte,
    Are you not yet reborn from above of the Spirit as Jesus was ?
    You must be born again.[Jn3]

NickHassan
    Participant

Hi Colter,
    True that the Word was with God and was God.
    But God in heaven is more than His Spirit and His Word.
    God gave all authority to His Son and the one who gives is greater.
    God declared the anointed Jesus to be His Son at the jordan and we should believe Him

Mt 28, Heb 7

Jesus of Nazareth was anointed with the Holy Spirit and power and he went about doing good and healing those oppressed of the devil for God was with him
    Acts 10.38

NickHassan
    Participant

Hi Colter,
    Yes the WORD had glory with God in the beginning.
    The Word was God.

Now the Lord Jesus Christ is seated in heaven with his Father God.

NickHassan
    Participant

Hi Colter,
    No problem.
    But why do men glorify the flesh man instead of his divine anointing?

NickHassan
    Participant

Hi Colter,
    So sign of an anointing before the birth of Jesus.
    The Word IS the anointing

mikeboll64
    Blocked

Quote (jammin @ Mar. 22 2012,23:02)

Quote (mikeboll64 @ Mar. 23 2012,11:27)

Quote (jammin @ Mar. 21 2012,01:46)
    if you are a son of man, are you man or not?

If you were the son of the ORIGINAL Man, you would also be A man, but not the same ORIGINAL man who fathered/begot you.

Jesus, as the Son of the ORIGINAL God, would also be A god, but not the same ORIGINAL God who fathered/begot him.

Your agument that the Son of God is God Himself would be the same as saying Cain, the son of Adam, was Adam himself.

Surely you know that a son is not his father.  Yet Jesus called his Father and our Father “the only true God”.  And Paul said that “for us, there is but one God, the Father”.

do not make people fool mike

im talking about the nature! not the person!

your father is a man! of course you are a man! unless you are an animal mike

Having the same “nature” as God would make Jesus a powerful spirit being like his Father and God. It would not make him the God who brought him into existence.

mikeboll64
    Blocked

Quote (Colter @ Mar. 22 2012,20:36)
    The author does not defend against unbelief that would attempt to give heavier weight to subsequent characterizations about the event in contradiction to the masters clear teachings.

So, AFTER being raised as “one with God”, when Jesus said, “I go now to my God and your God”, do you think the master counted on so many people confusing him with his own God – in contradiction to his clear teachings?

You know that Jesus himself says he WILL BE raised up many times.  And scripture speaks of the God OF Jesus raising him up many other times.  Compare all those to Jesus saying “I will raise the temple” once.

Also, if Jesus was able to raise himself from the dead the ONE AND ONLY time he ever died, then it couldn't be said that death EVER had mastery over him.  But Paul DOES say that:
    Romans 6:9
    For we know that since Christ was raised from the dead, he cannot die again; death
    no longer has mastery over him.

Notice first the “was raised” as opposed to “raised himself”. Also notice the “die AGAIN” and “NO LONGER”.

Was there EVER a time when God died? Was there EVER a time when death DID have mastery over God?

Just some things to think about.

NickHassan
    Participant

Quote (Colter @ Mar. 24 2012,11:37)

Quote (Nick Hassan @ Mar. 24 2012,08:07)
    Hi Colter,
    So sign of an anointing before the birth of Jesus.
    The Word IS the anointing

The Son was not in need of an anointing, he was already conscious of his divinity.

At the anoguration of his public career, the underling of the spirit of the Father rose from his person and could be heard above him by John and Jesus.

There was never a time when the Son wasn't the Word.

Colter

Hi Colter,
    A popular view but his ministry started after he was filled with the Spirit at the Jordan.

He was not always the WORD but a man born in Bethlehem.

Scripture connects the events

Jesus of nazareth was anointed with the Holy Spirit and power and went about doing good..”

NickHassan
    Participant

Quote (Colter @ Mar. 24 2012,12:42)
    Finally, it was the mortal tabernacle of the Son's incarnation that parished on the cross. The person of the Son returned and eventually ascended into heaven from wence he came.

Colter

Hi Colter,
    Well scripture says the man Jesus who became Jesus the anointed, the Word, died.[acts 3.15, 4.10, 5.30,10.39,etc]

He gave up his own spirit which happens at death.[Jn19.30]

But as he was yet alive in the Spirit he was raised in that body.

Now the Word is in heaven with God as you say.

NickHassan
    Participant

Hi Colter,
    He spoke the words of God-in him.
    A man mightily moved by the all powerful God within.
    So at the least men should discern what was spoken by God through him and what he said for himself.

The Spirit in him certainly pre-existed.
    The flesh profits nothing he said.
    But all glorify the flesh

NickHassan
    Participant

Hi Colter,
    What divinity did the carpenter from Capharnum have?

Are you speaking of what the Son of God stated AFTER his anointing at the Jordan?

It does get confusing for most folk because Jesus CHRIST did as much speaking from his own spirit as he did carpentry

NickHassan
    Participant

Quote (Colter @ Mar. 24 2012,12:12)
    Further, the secondary narratives about Jesus are not of equal weight, Paul isn't Jesus. Paul would need to explain his words where they disagree with Jesus.  Speaking of himself Jesus specifically said that the power to lay down his life and the power to take it up again was his. Death never had mastery over the Son. That should be obvious.

Colter

Hi Colter,
    Do you not believe the teaching of Paul was inspired directly from the Spirit of Christ in him?

I can see how you would not be able to take anything from them as truth.

So which other books do you have serious doubts about?

Viewing 20 posts - 5,301 through 5,320 (of 25,908 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

© 1999 - 2024 Heaven Net

Navigation

© 1999 - 2023 - Heaven Net
or

or    

Forgot your details?

or

Create Account