JOHN 1:1 who is the WORD?

Viewing 20 posts - 5,261 through 5,280 (of 25,908 total)
  • Author
    charity
    Participant

It a pares we may have to have a stare at the wall study..to get this right! staring at the WORD all day is not completely effective, when it begs you to interrupt an question…

NickHassan
    Participant

Quote (Colter @ Mar. 22 2012,10:06)

Quote (Nick Hassan @ Mar. 22 2012,07:14)
    Hi Colter,
    So the Word is not spirit and life to you?

The Son is the Word Nick, not the book.

It doesn’t say “in the beginning, the Book written by men, was the Word”. God is a living God, not a doctrine or a dogma.

There used to be other books that were thought to be inspired, the church uninspired them then set out to destroy them.

During the Babylonian captivity the Hebrew priest edited and redacted all the old books, and the other important books mentioned by the OT books mysteriously disappeared, weren’t preserved.  But they did leave clues of their redactions.

Colter

Hi C,
    He said
    “My words are spirit and life”
    But you think they are untrustworthy?

WHERE is your faith?

NickHassan
    Participant

Hi C,
    So the books are or are not trustworthy?
    Can you trust the recorded words and actions of the Saviour?

Or do you have to take everything with a grain of salt?

NickHassan
    Participant

Hi C,
    I agree with you in essence except I believe the Word that was with God IS the Spirit of Christ

NickHassan
    Participant

Hi,
    So the Word is become as a servant.[phil2]
    Jesus Christ is as a servant just as a vine serves the Gardener.

NickHassan
    Participant

Hi,
    Luke 22:27
    For who is greater, the one who reclines at the table or the one who serves? Is it not the one who reclines at the table? But I am among you as the one who serves.

jammin
    Participant

colter is right
    the Son is the Word in john 1.1

better luck next time boys

NickHassan
    Participant

Hi Jammin,
    Exactly – the Son Jesus Christ, begotten of the Word that was with God in the beginning.

Marlin1
    Participant

The original gospel was changed by Peter and Paul, the real gosple has yet to be proclaimed to the world.

Hi Colter,

You are saying that Peter and Paul were wrong in what they taught.
    That is a really bold statement, I hope you can back it up.

Can you at least share one thing that they taught wrong?

God Bless
    Marlin

kerwin
    Participant

Quote (Colter @ Mar. 22 2012,00:05)

Quote (Ed J @ Mar. 22 2012,04:39)

Quote (jammin @ Mar. 22 2012,03:38)
    you should study hard edj

Your brother
    in Christ, Jesus.
    Jammin

JAMMIN, I do!

As a matter of fact I have been studying the bible for more than 40 years.
    Do you have any “specific questions” that you would like me to answer?

Your brother
    in Christ, Jesus.
    Ed J (Joshua 22:34)
    holycitybiblecode.org

oo, oo, my hand is raised!

I have some questions,

* Who was writing down what God said in Genesis?

* What scripture books and religion were the pre-Israelites using while in Egyptian captivity  with traditions, beliefs and customs that Moses reformed?

* Who was Cain afraid of when he left the garden and how did he find a wife in the land of Nod?

* If the men of the Catholic church have been corrupt then why were the authors of the OT books, edits, and redactions any more perfect?

Colter

Colter,

Your questions seem to be aimed at the acquisition of useless knowledge. I am more interested in seeking God's righteousness; so I can love as he does.

jammin
    Participant

nick,

you said:begotten of the Word that was with God in the beginning.

where can i read that in john 1.1

stop fooling people.

charity
    Participant

Quote (Marlin1 @ Mar. 22 2012,17:22)

The original gospel was changed by Peter and Paul, the real gosple has yet to be proclaimed to the world.

Hi Colter,

You are saying that Peter and Paul were wrong in what they taught.
    That is a really bold statement, I hope you can back it up.

Can you at least share one thing that they taught wrong?

God Bless
    Marlin

I think it interesting to have a staring at the wall study.

you know peter is resting in vatican city as a good catholic, The answer is not always what was said..

An Paul said he was bought up in the manner of the good old Law, an stopped killing an turning the christians into the romans prisons, in which the romans had taken Jesus to the cross as a lamb to the slaughter to be sacrificed for those same christians  sins. what was the christians problem?

never the less they seem happy about it now…an vatican city's done just fine..united in ..everyone has had their sin paid for.

Why an for what reason did Paul change sides? What was the reason the Romans head hunted him?

jammin
    Participant

the Word is the Son of GOD, Christ and not the father

the thread has been answered.

jammin
    Participant

that is right colter! PRAISE GOD!

kerwin
    Participant

Quote (Colter @ Mar. 22 2012,17:15)

Quote (kerwin @ Mar. 22 2012,18:33)

Quote (Colter @ Mar. 22 2012,00:05)

Quote (Ed J @ Mar. 22 2012,04:39)

Quote (jammin @ Mar. 22 2012,03:38)
    you should study hard edj

Your brother
    in Christ, Jesus.
    Jammin

JAMMIN, I do!

As a matter of fact I have been studying the bible for more than 40 years.
    Do you have any “specific questions” that you would like me to answer?

Your brother
    in Christ, Jesus.
    Ed J (Joshua 22:34)
    holycitybiblecode.org

oo, oo, my hand is raised!

I have some questions,

* Who was writing down what God said in Genesis?

* What scripture books and religion were the pre-Israelites using while in Egyptian captivity  with traditions, beliefs and customs that Moses reformed?

* Who was Cain afraid of when he left the garden and how did he find a wife in the land of Nod?

* If the men of the Catholic church have been corrupt then why were the authors of the OT books, edits, and redactions any more perfect?

Colter

Colter,

Your questions seem to be aimed at the acquisition of useless knowledge.  I am more interested in seeking God's righteousness; so I can love as he does.

That is your opinion, that the knowledge is “useless”, but to a confused world, lost in a directional sense young people in general find the Christian message suspicious and unrighteous.

“The modern age will refuse to accept a religion which is inconsistent with facts and out of harmony with its highest conceptions of truth, beauty, and goodness.”

The Western world of Christendom lives in a bubble of ignorance and scientific stagnation, it has failed to keep pace, confess it's own sins and expand on what was given to us for safe keeping by the master.

Colter

Colter,

To one who hungers and thirst for righteousness any knowledge that does not go toward filling that craving is useless. The current generation is a godless generation and pandering to their worldly desires is not the work of the Spirit of Love.

NickHassan
    Participant

Quote (Colter @ Mar. 22 2012,22:58)

Quote (Nick Hassan @ Mar. 22 2012,13:29)
    Hi C,
    I agree with you in essence except I believe the Word that was with God IS the Spirit of Christ

Nick,

Am I to understand you to be saying that the Word, pre-existed as a plan or an idea or as spirit, from the foundation of the world,

…..that this non-personified Word that existed as a plan or idea or spirit, within the person of God the Father, incarnate or became the person of Jesus of Nazareth,

…..that this new creation of Human and Word in a person did reveal and fulfill Gods intent or plan from the founding of the world,

….that this personification of the Word died and resurrected as the same person and has now ascended to heaven with “all power and authority in heaven and on earth” given to this new person……in addition to the person of God the Father,

….that there are now (2) divine persons in our cosmology where there had formerly been (1)  “the Lord God of Israel”?

Colter

Hi Colter,
    No.

The Spirit of God is one.

The Word of God is of the Spirit of God yet still one with God in that Spirit.

Not a plan, nor an idea but Spirit that self emptied and came as a servant to God into the vessel man Jesus at the Jordan becoming one with him as Jesus Christ, the Word.

That Spirit in Jesus Christ served God and being one with God's Spirit spoke for Him and worked in Him.

The spirit of the man Jesus left him at Calvary [jn 19.30] and he was raised by and lives now by the eternal Spirit one in Spirit with God at his Right Hand in heaven.

He never became God and neither do we. We can be one with him in Spirit in God forever.

NickHassan
    Participant

Hi Colter,
    It strains the credulity of “greeks” who demand that anything with person-like behaviours is by definition a separate person.

NickHassan
    Participant

Hi Colter ,
    Surprisingly too, despite the teachings of Jesus Christ, some claim that all the words the man Jesus spoke relate to him personally.

NickHassan
    Participant

Hi Colter,
    The whole plan of God is to keep with Him forever all of human creation that is united to Him in Spirit.
    Jesus Christ is the way.

NickHassan
    Participant

Quote (Colter @ Mar. 23 2012,06:13)

Quote (Nick Hassan @ Mar. 23 2012,05:30)

Quote (Colter @ Mar. 22 2012,22:58)

Quote (Nick Hassan @ Mar. 22 2012,13:29)
    Hi C,

Nick,

Am I to understand you to be saying that the Word, pre-existed as a plan or an idea or as spirit, from the foundation of the world,

…..that this non-personified Word that existed as a plan or idea or spirit, within the person of God the Father, incarnate or became the person of Jesus of Nazareth,

…..that this new creation of Human and Word in a person did reveal and fulfill Gods intent or plan from the founding of the world,

….that this personification of the Word died and resurrected as the same person and has now ascended to heaven with “all power and authority in heaven and on earth” given to this new person……in addition to the person of God the Father,

….that there are now (2) divine persons in our cosmology where there had formerly been (1)  “the Lord God of Israel”?

Colter

Hi Colter,
    No.

The Spirit of God is one.

The Word of God is of the Spirit of God yet still one with God in that Spirit.

Not a plan, nor an idea but Spirit that self emptied and came as a servant to God into the vessel man Jesus at the Jordan becoming one with him as Jesus Christ, the Word.

That Spirit in Jesus Christ served God and being one with God's Spirit spoke for Him and worked in Him.

The spirit of the man Jesus left him at Calvary [jn 19.30] and he was raised by and lives now by the eternal Spirit one in Spirit with God at his Right Hand in heaven.

He never became God and neither do we. We can be one with him in Spirit in God forever.

Jesus acted a lot like a person; people seemed to think he was a person.

Jesus explained that he himself, as a person, The Son of God,  had the power to lay down his life and the power to raise it up again.

He said he would lay his life down.

He allowed his human form to be killed.

>He< raised it up again just as he said he would.

He said the purpose of laying down his life and taking it up again would give authoritative proof of his identity.

He ascended to his former position in heaven, the Fathers right hand where he is now sovereign Lord.

It was then that the spirit of truth was poured out upon all flesh.

Colter

Hi Colter,
    Jesus Christ was a person.
    But the Word before uniting to him was of the Spirit of God.

When HE said he would raise himself surely you can see it was the Spirit speaking through him. God raised him as 20 scriptures verify.

His raising from the dead proved the prophecy Peter spoke of in Acts 2-3 and fulfilled the prophecy about Jonah.

Viewing 20 posts - 5,261 through 5,280 (of 25,908 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

© 1999 - 2024 Heaven Net

Navigation

© 1999 - 2023 - Heaven Net
or

or    

Forgot your details?

or

Create Account