JOHN 1:1 who is the WORD?

Viewing 20 posts - 5,121 through 5,140 (of 25,907 total)
  • Author
    mikeboll64
    Blocked

Quote (Nick Hassan @ Mar. 17 2012,17:23)
    Hi MB,
    Jesus and the Word become Jesus Christ.

But you insist that didn't happen until about 30 A.D., right?

How then could “Jesus” have any part of being in the form of God, or having his own glory alongside of God before the world was created through him?

Nick, the Word was with THE God, and the Word was also a god. Upon this often mistranslated scripture hangs your whole misunderstanding, it would seem.

NickHassan
    Participant

Hi MB,
    Everything spoken through Jesus about these things was after the Jordan.
    The Word made flesh spoke of Spiritual origins in and with the Father.

This was all to confuse the dead-unspiritual.
    That light was uptaken only by those with open and listening ears.
    The rest mocked and despised him thinking he was speaking of his flesh-nothing has changed.

NickHassan
    Participant

Hi MB,
    You make him ANOTHER of your many gods?

NickHassan
    Participant

Hi MB,
    Heb5
    5So also Christ glorified not himself to be made an high priest; but he that said unto him, Thou art my Son, to day have I begotten thee.

6As he saith also in another place, Thou art a priest for ever after the order of Melchisedec.

7Who in the days of his flesh, when he had offered up prayers and supplications with strong crying and tears unto him that was able to save him from death, and was heard in that he feared;

8Though he were a Son, yet learned he obedience by the things which he suffered;

9And being made perfect, he became the author of eternal salvation unto all them that obey him;

Jesus CHRIST the SON by begettal of the Spirit, was for a time OF FLESH

mikeboll64
    Blocked

Quote (Nick Hassan @ Mar. 17 2012,17:47)
    Hi MB,
    Heb5
    5So also Christ glorified not himself to be made an high priest; but he that said unto him, Thou art my Son, to day have I begotten thee.

6As he saith also in another place, Thou art a priest for ever after the order of Melchisedec.

7Who in the days of his flesh, when he had offered up prayers and supplications with strong crying and tears unto him that was able to save him from death, and was heard in that he feared;

8Though he were a Son, yet learned he obedience by the things which he suffered;

9And being made perfect, he became the author of eternal salvation unto all them that obey him;

14 So he got up, took the child and his mother during the night and left for Egypt, 15 where he stayed until the death of Herod. And so was fulfilled what the Lord had said through the prophet: “Out of Egypt I called my son.”

This says Jesus was the Son of God before the Jordan.

mikeboll64
    Blocked

Quote (Nick Hassan @ Mar. 17 2012,17:32)
    Hi MB,

Nick,

Phil 2:5 says that JESUS Christ was existing in the form of God before HE emptied himself and was made into the likeness of a human being.

It says JESUS, Nick. Surely Paul would have known if it was not yet Jesus, but merely the spirit that would someday “merge” with Jesus, right?

Let the written word of God teach you, Nick.

mikeboll64
    Blocked

Quote (Nick Hassan @ Mar. 17 2012,17:33)
    Hi MB,
    You make him ANOTHER of your many gods?

Yes Nick,

Jesus is one of the MANY gods mentioned in the scriptures. His God is the God of gods. The God of gods is the God of all, including many lessor gods. Jesus is one of them.

NickHassan
    Participant

Quote (mikeboll64 @ Mar. 18 2012,11:11)

Quote (Nick Hassan @ Mar. 17 2012,17:47)
    Hi MB,
    Heb5

14 So he got up, took the child and his mother during the night and left for Egypt, 15 where he stayed until the death of Herod. And so was fulfilled what the Lord had said through the prophet: “Out of Egypt I called my son.”

This says Jesus was the Son of God before the Jordan.

Hi MB,
    Do you not think it appropriate for God to ignore timeframes?
    The past is the future to HIM.
    Thus scripture says

Jesus Christ IS the same yesterday, today and forever.

It is different to the ways of men.

NickHassan
    Participant

Hi MB,
    Where is the pre existent god “Jesus” mentioned in scripture?

NickHassan
    Participant

Quote (mikeboll64 @ Mar. 18 2012,11:13)

Hi MB,

Nick,

Phil 2:5 says that JESUS Christ was existing in the form of God before HE emptied himself and was made into the likeness of a human being.

It says JESUS, Nick.  Surely Paul would have known if it was not yet Jesus, but merely the spirit that would someday “merge” with Jesus, right?

Hi MB,
    So you say a lesser god was not conceived but given flesh in Mary?

Was God not his father by conception?

NickHassan
    Participant

Hi MB,
    I can see why you do not agree he was a man.
    To you he was a lesser god.

Ed J
    Participant

Quote (Nick Hassan @ Mar. 18 2012,11:47)

Quote (mikeboll64 @ Mar. 18 2012,11:13)

Hi MB,

Nick,

It says JESUS, Nick.  Surely Paul would have known if it was not yet Jesus, but merely the spirit that would someday “merge” with Jesus, right?

Hi MB,
    So you say a lesser god was not conceived but given flesh in Mary?

Was God not his father by conception?

Hi Nick,

That is what Matt.1:18, 1:20 and Like 1:35 say, is it not?

God bless
    Ed J (Joshua 22:34)
    http://www.holycitybiblecode.org

NickHassan
    Participant

Yes Ed,
    So the partaking of flesh was not at conception but at the Jordan.

terraricca
    Participant

Quote (Nick Hassan @ Mar. 18 2012,19:34)
    Yes Ed,

N and edj

so you both believe that Christ did not came from God his father has he as said right ????

Mary was a surrogate mother,that God blessed of being uses for his purpose ,I really start to believe that you have come to have less understanding of Gods plan that I thought ,

Christ was ordained as soon that Adam was a sinner even the outcome Gen 3;15

Ed J
    Participant

Quote (Nick Hassan @ Mar. 18 2012,12:34)
    Yes Ed,

Hi Nick,

“The Word” is God's HolySpirit. (Link)
    “The Word” became flesh at Jordan.

God bless

Ed J
    Participant

Quote (terraricca @ Mar. 18 2012,12:48)
    N and edj

so you both believe that Christ did not came from God his father has he as said right ????

PIERRE,

Bearing 'false witness' is a sin; did you not know that?

Ed J
    Participant

Quote (terraricca @ Mar. 18 2012,12:48)
    Mary was a surrogate mother

PIERRE,

Deut 12:32 What thing soever I command you, observe to do it: thou shalt not add thereto, nor diminish from it.

Rev 22:18-19 For I testify unto every man that heareth the words of the prophecy of this book,
    If any man shall add unto these things, God shall add unto him the plagues that are written in this book:
    And if any man shall take away from the words of the book of this prophecy, God shall take away his part
    out of the book of life, and out of the holy city, and from the things which are written in this book.

NickHassan
    Participant

Quote (Ed J @ Mar. 18 2012,12:51)

Quote (Nick Hassan @ Mar. 18 2012,12:34)
    Yes Ed,

Hi Nick,

“The Word” is God's HolySpirit. (Link)
    “The Word” became flesh at Jordan.

God bless

Hi ED,
    I would say that the Word is OF the Spirit of God.
    The fulness of the Spirit but God remained in heaven.

An earnest.

mikeboll64
    Blocked

Quote (Nick Hassan @ Mar. 17 2012,18:49)
    Hi MB,
    I can see why you do not agree he was a man.
    To you he was a lesser god.

Nick,

If God in fact raised up sons of Abraham from rocks, as John the Baptist said He could, the fact that those rocks BECAME flesh would not eliminate the fact that they were once rocks.

Likewise, the fact that Jesus BECAME flesh does not eliminate the fact that he was a god who was in the form of THE God and with THE God in the beginning.

So don't put words in my mouth, Nick.  Doing that says more about you than it does about me anyway.  I never said Jesus was not a man.  What I've explained, according to the actual scriptures, is that Jesus BECOMING a man doesn't change the fact that he was a spirit being BEFORE and AFTER that time.

mikeboll64
    Blocked

Quote (Nick Hassan @ Mar. 17 2012,20:03)
    Hi ED,
    I would say that the Word is OF the Spirit of God.
    The fulness of the Spirit but God remained in heaven.

Actually Nick,

You claim that it was OF God and also WAS God.  You claim, that although BEING God, it had a will of its own that it didn't come from heaven to do.  You claim that God is its Father and second witness.

These are some of the things you've recently claimed.  And when asked about this nonsense, the only response you seem to be able to come up with is, “Will you put God in a box, Mike?” – as if that irons out your many wrinkles.  :)

Viewing 20 posts - 5,121 through 5,140 (of 25,907 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

© 1999 - 2024 Heaven Net

Navigation

© 1999 - 2023 - Heaven Net
or

or    

Forgot your details?

or

Create Account