JOHN 1:1 who is the WORD?

Viewing 20 posts - 4,961 through 4,980 (of 25,907 total)
  • Author
    mikeboll64
    Blocked

Phil 2, Kerwin. It is written as plain as day.

NickHassan
    Participant

Hi MB,
    Indeed phil 2 is about Jesus CHRIST.
    Now we no longer speak of him according to FLESH[2Cor5]

Now the Lord IS the Spirit.

mikeboll64
    Blocked

Yes Nick,

It is about Jesus Christ existing in the form of God before he emptied himself and was made into a human being.

terraricca
    Participant

Quote (Nick Hassan @ Mar. 14 2012,18:31)
    Hi MB,
    Indeed phil 2 is about Jesus CHRIST.
    Now we no longer speak of him according to FLESH[2Cor5]

Now the Lord IS the Spirit.

N

Christ is a spirit

but it is his example in his spirit that we should follow

NickHassan
    Participant

hi MB,
    So why do you keep saying it is Jesus instead of Jesus Christ?
    Scripture commands accuracy in handling what is sacred.

terraricca
    Participant

Quote (Nick Hassan @ Mar. 14 2012,19:05)
    hi MB,

N

do not make me luff ;you should look at the way you miss quoting scriptures ,

and now teach like puritan of the law ?????

NickHassan
    Participant

Hi T,
    Did you not realise most of the confusion men suffer is because they are inaccurate with the scriptures?
    Scripture is the wisdom of God

mikeboll64
    Blocked

Quote (Nick Hassan @ Mar. 13 2012,19:05)
    hi MB,

Ha ha!  Wasn't it YOU who said that many times in scripture where it just says “Jesus”, it is implied that it means “Jesus Christ”?  

But now you say I can't do the same thing?   :D

Nick, “Jesus” IS “Jesus Christ” who IS “the Word of God”.

Listen very carefully here……………..

All things were created through:

1.  The Word of God (John 1)
    2.  Our Lord Jesus Christ (1 Cor 8)
    3.  The Son of God (Col 1, Heb 1)

These are all one and the same – but more importantly – these WERE all one and the same BEFORE all things were created through this ONE.

Also, if scripture commands accuracy, you'll do well to remember that it was “JESUS”, not “Jesus Christ” who said, “I came down from heaven”, and “before Abraham existed, I have been”.

kerwin
    Participant

Quote (mikeboll64 @ Mar. 14 2012,05:59)
    Phil 2, Kerwin.  It is written as plain as day.

Mike,

The first half is teaching students to be like minded with Christ while the last is about sending Timothy and Epaphroditus.

Could you tell me you see the ideas you speak of?

mikeboll64
    Blocked

Quote (Nick Hassan @ Mar. 13 2012,19:33)
    Hi T,
    Did you not realise most of the confusion men suffer is because they are inaccurate with the scriptures?

That's right Nick.

1. Nick, does God have two opposing wills? YES or NO?

2. Was God one witness of Jesus, and the Father of God the other one? YES or NO?

You are the one being inaccurate with scriptures, and causing them to teach nonsense instead of truth. ???

terraricca
    Participant

Quote (Nick Hassan @ Mar. 14 2012,19:33)
    Hi T,

N

what you say is true ;

but the first as to first ;Pr 1:7 The fear of the LORD is the beginning of knowledge,

Pr 1:1 The proverbs ……..
    Pr 1:2 for attaining wisdom and discipline;
    for understanding words of insight;
    Pr 1:3 for acquiring a disciplined and prudent life,
    doing what is right and just and fair;
    Pr 1:4 for giving prudence to the simple,
    knowledge and discretion to the young—
    Pr 1:5 let the wise listen and add to their learning,
    and let the discerning get guidance—
    Pr 1:6 for understanding proverbs and parables,
    the sayings and riddles of the wise.

Ecc 12:13 Now all has been heard;
    here is the conclusion of the matter:
    Fear God and keep his commandments,
    for this is the whole duty of man.
    Ecc 12:14 For God will bring every deed into judgment,
    including every hidden thing,
    whether it is good or evil.

EPH 1:4 just as He chose us in Him before the foundation of the world, that we would be holy and blameless before Him. In love

1PE 1:15 but like the Holy One who called you, be holy yourselves also in all your behavior;
    1PE 1:16 because it is written, “YOU SHALL BE HOLY, FOR I AM HOLY.”

but if we do not believe in his words that he as made for us in written words then we have lost his truth ,and reject his holyness

mikeboll64
    Blocked

Quote (kerwin @ Mar. 13 2012,19:42)

Quote (mikeboll64 @ Mar. 14 2012,05:59)
    Phil 2, Kerwin.  It is written as plain as day.

Mike,

The first half is teaching students to be like minded with Christ while the last is about sending Timothy and Epaphroditus.

Could you tell me you see the ideas you speak of?

Kerwin,

1.  Does Phil 2 teach that Jesus was existing in the form of God?  YES or NO?

2.  Does Phil 2 teach that Jesus then emptied himself of this existence?  YES or NO?

3.  Does Phil 2 teach that Jesus was then made into the likeness of a human being?  YES or NO?

The answer to all three is “YES”.  But I don't really have the time or patience to wade through your nonsense anymore, Kerwin.  You left me hanging in the “Incarnation” thread – after I had you backed into a corner with John 1:14 and your understanding of “the Word made flesh dwelled among us”.

Then, weeks later when you returned, you didn't even bother to go to that site.  ???

Your posts are long, drawn out, burdensome, and mostly a smokescreen to avoid answering the simple points – like these questions above.  And I already know that right off the bat you are going to say, “Where does it say the word 'then' ?” – as if you can't tell from the context that Paul is listing consecutive events in the order they happened.

So, save it.  I'm not interested in reading volumes of nonsense just to get to the one sentence where you try to assert that Jesus was already a man when he was in the form of God, and that it really means something else.  Because then I'll ask you again how Jesus was made INTO a man when he already was one, and the whole charade will just keep lingering on and on and on.

I've been there with you plenty of times, Kerwin.  I'm not interested in your twisting of clear, plainly worded scriptures.  I'm not interested in reading about how you must add the word “NEW” into the creation that came through Jesus.

Or how you have to add “the glory the thought of him in God's head had” to 17:5, where JESUS HIMSELF says HE had glory alongside his God before the world began.

Sorry man, but I have little patience when it comes to nonsense and twisting scriptures to make them teach what you want them to teach.

NickHassan
    Participant

Hi MB,
    No-Christ Jesus
    No-Christ Jesus
    No-Christ Jesus.

Please be more disciplined and seek accuracy.

The truth is precious

kerwin
    Participant

Mike,

The answer is no.  The reason is the Greek verb is a present participle active and you are using the past tense.  So the teaching is be like minded with Christ; who is presently and will continually be in the form of God, therefore does not consider being equal to God something to be grasped.  

Does Phil 2 teach that Jesus then emptied himself of this existence?  YES or NO?

Obviously not since he is presently and will be continually in it.   That is another no.

3.  Does Phil 2 teach that Jesus was then made into the likeness of a human being?  YES or NO?

I am not sure of that one since I have more to learn about the underlying Greek.

Then, weeks later when you returned, you didn't even bother to go to that site.

I went to the hospital and was aproaching death for a time.  I survived thanks to the glory of God.   I am not really sure what occured in those last days as I was off my feed and periodically carrying a high fever. Sorry for the inconvenience that caused.

terraricca
    Participant

Quote (kerwin @ Mar. 14 2012,21:43)
    Mike,

The answer is no.  The reason is the Greek verb is a present participle active and you are using the past tense.  So the teaching is be like minded with Christ; who is presently and will continually be in the form of God, therefore does not consider being equal to God something to be grasped.  

Does Phil 2 teach that Jesus then emptied himself of this existence?  YES or NO?

Obviously not since he is presently and will be continually in it.   That is another no.

I am not sure of that one since I have more to learn about the underlying Greek.

Then, weeks later when you returned, you didn't even bother to go to that site.

I went to the hospital and was aproaching death for a time.  I survived thanks to the glory of God.   I am not really sure what occured in those last days as I was off my feed and periodically carrying a high fever. Sorry for the inconvenience that caused.

kerwin

are you sure of your answers ???

Phil 2:1 If you have any encouragement from being united with Christ, if any comfort from his love, if any fellowship with the Spirit, if any tenderness and compassion,
    Phil 2:2 then make my joy complete by being like-minded, having the same love, being one in spirit and purpose.
    Phil 2:3 Do nothing out of selfish ambition or vain conceit, but in humility consider others better than yourselves.
    Phil 2:4 Each of you should look not only to your own interests, but also to the interests of others.
    Phil 2:5 Your attitude should be the same as that of Christ Jesus:
    Phil 2:6 Who, being in very nature God,
    did not consider equality with God something to be grasped,
    Phil 2:7 but made himself nothing,
    taking the very nature of a servant,
    being made in human likeness.
    Phil 2:8 And being found in appearance as a man,
    he humbled himself
    and became obedient to death—
    even death on a cross!
    Phil 2:9 Therefore God exalted him to the highest place
    and gave him the name that is above every name,
    Phil 2:10 that at the name of Jesus every knee should bow,
    in heaven and on earth and under the earth,
    Phil 2:11 and every tongue confess that Jesus Christ is Lord,
    to the glory of God the Father.

I would check it

jammin
    Participant

nick,

study hard. stop sniffing mosquito coil.

Ed J
    Participant

Quote (Ed J @ Mar. 13 2012,23:50)
    Hi Jammin,

the glory as of the only begotten of the Father (John 1:14)
          compared with the glory which shall be revealed in us. (Romans 8:18)

The Word of the oath, which was since the law,
    maketh the Son, who is consecrated for evermore. (Hebrews 7:28)

1Pet.1:23 Being born again, not of corruptible seed, but of
    incorruptible, by “The Word” of God, which liveth and abideth for ever.

Of his own will begat he us with “The Word” of truth,
    that we should be a kind of firstfruits of his creatures. (James 1:18)

God bless
    Ed J

Hi Jammin,

Did you not understand my post to you? (1Cor.2:11-14)

God bless
    Ed J (Joshua 22:34)
    http://www.holycitybiblecode.org

jammin
    Participant

edj,

stop using other verses which are not related to the topic.

these are the meaning of the verses you posted.

Hebrews 7:28
    (CEB)
    28 The Law appoints people who are prone to weakness as high priests, but the content of the solemn pledge, which came after the Law, appointed a Son who has been made perfect forever.

1 Peter 1:23
    (CEV)
    23Do this because God has given you new birth by his message that lives on forever.

James 1:18-19
    (CEV)
    18He wanted us to be his own special people,and so he sent the true message to give us new birth.

now let us see john 1.1

John 1:1

(CEV)
    John 1
    The Word of Life
    1In the beginning was the one

who is called the Word.

The Word was with God

and was truly God.

Amplified Bible (AMP)
    John 1
    1IN THE beginning [before all time] was the Word ([a]Christ), and the Word was with God, and the Word was God Himself.

better luck next time boy

jammin
    Participant

the thread has been answered. the Word is Christ!

the moderator can now close this thread. better luck next time dreamer boys

Ed J
    Participant

Quote (jammin @ Mar. 15 2012,04:41)
    edj,

stop using other verses which are not related to the topic.

these are the meaning of the verses you posted.

Hebrews 7:28
    (CEB)
    28 The Law appoints people who are prone to weakness as high priests, but the content of the solemn pledge, which came after the Law, appointed a Son who has been made perfect forever.

1 Peter 1:23
    (CEV)
    23Do this because God has given you new birth by his message that lives on forever.

James 1:18-19
    (CEV)
    18He wanted us to be his own special people,and so he sent the true message to give us new birth.

now let us see john 1.1

(CEV)
    John 1
    The Word of Life
    1In the beginning was the one

who is called the Word.

The Word was with God

and was truly God.

Amplified Bible (AMP)
    John 1
    1IN THE beginning [before all time] was the Word ([a]Christ), and the Word was with God, and the Word was God Himself.

better luck next time boy

Quote (jammin @ Mar. 08 2012,14:11)

false teachers are picking translations bec it does not fit to their doctrine,

make your own version dreamer boys

Viewing 20 posts - 4,961 through 4,980 (of 25,907 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

© 1999 - 2024 Heaven Net

Navigation

© 1999 - 2023 - Heaven Net
or

or    

Forgot your details?

or

Create Account