JOHN 1:1 who is the WORD?

Viewing 20 posts - 4,781 through 4,800 (of 25,907 total)
  • Author
    Lightenup
    Participant

Quote (abe @ Mar. 04 2012,17:57)

Quote (Lightenup @ Mar. 05 2012,06:57)
    Abe,
    The Son who was in the form of God, while being in the form of God, was not a man and that is WHY He had to become a son of man. After He became a son of man, well, then He became able to be tempted, i.e. to be hungry, physically tired, etc. And then He was also able to die…He in regards to the flesh form, was able to shed blood and die. He couldn't have done that while being in His previous form.

This is an amazing part of the gospel message…the incarnation!

Here is a verse to show you that Jesus is not essentially a man but someone who became a man.

Galatians 1:1
    New International Version (©1984)
    Paul, an apostle–sent not from men nor by man, but by Jesus Christ and God the Father, who raised him from the dead–

The writer is saying that Jesus Christ and God the Father are not men. Neither one. Paul knows that Jesus in His true essential identity was not a man. Paul wrote in Colossians 1 that He is the Son of God the Father, the Father's image as well as His Firstborn that created all things in heaven and on earth.

Peace 2 u 2
    Kathi

Hi Kathi,

I can't find the word incarnation in the Bible?

Matt. 13:37     He answered and said to them: He who sowed the good seed is the son of man.

:38   The field is the world, the good seeds are the sons of the kingdom, but the tares are the sons of the wicked one.

Lk. 8:11     Now the parable is this: The seed is the word of God.

Col. 1:15     He is the image of the invisible God, the firstborn of all creation.

1 Jn. 4:12     No one has seen God at any time. If we love one another, God abides in us, and his love has been perfected in us.

Jn. 5:37     And the Father himself, who sent me, has testified of me. You have neither heard his voice at any time, nor seen his form.

Gen. 17:7     And I will establish my covenant between Me and you ( Abraham )   and your seed after you in their generations, for an everlasting covenant, to be God to you and your seed after you.

Gal. 3:16     Now to Abraham and his seed were the promises made. He does not say, and to seeds as of many, but as of one, and to your seed, who is Christ.

Heb. 6:18     so that by two unchangeable things, in which it is impossible for God to lie, we might have strong consolation, who have fled for refuge to lay hold of the hope set before us.

One thing God cannot do,  LIE.

abe,
    That is true, God cannot lie. The begotten God, Jesus, did become the begotten man as well, but it is true, as the begotten God, He was not man. That is why He had to BECOME man.

I can't find the word incarnation in the Bible?

I can't find the word 'Bible' in the Bible. That doesn't mean that there isn't such a thing, does it?

The incarnation is when the Son of God became flesh also.

Thanks for the verses!
    Kathi

Lightenup
    Participant

Quote (Marlin1 @ Mar. 04 2012,18:10)

Jesus, the begotten God, CAN have the form of God especially since that was the form of the One who begat Him.

I find this quote of Kathi's very interesting.

I believe, she uses this statement to convince that Jesus, is in the form of God, because He was formed by His Father.
    Kathi, I might have it wrong the way you believe it applies.

This statement could be seen in many different ways.

I see it as,  Jesus, the man, made God known, because the one and only God created Him and then dwelt in Him, reconciling the world to Himself.

So then who is Jesus, the Son of God???  He is the (ONE GOD) (ONE Spirit) (ONE Personality).

He is not (two people or spirits) and is He is not (three people or spirits), for to have a personality you have to have a person.
    He is ONE Personality, One Spirit, One GOD.

God Bless
    Marlin

Hi Marlin,
    You don't quite get what I am saying.

I wrote an analogy of the fullness of the sun to Kerwin a couple of posts back. I will sum it up here:

The fullness of the sun is sorta like the fullness of God the Father.
    The big, ball of gas is the Father, let's say for analogy sake.
    The rays of light is the Son, again, for analogy sake.
    The warmth of the ball of gas that comes through the rays of light is the Holy Spirit.

The big ball of gas, the rays of light and the warmth all make up the fullness of the sun. They are all interdependent on each other to fulfill the purpose of the ball of gas. They all always existed together and are never separate from each other. BUT, they each are not the other one, nor have the role of the other one. The Father is not the Son nor ever will be like the ball of gas is not the rays of light and the rays of light is not the warmth but brings the warmth.

I believe the Son that was eternally within the Father, was begotten from the Father when God said, “Let there be Light.” Like the ball of gas has light begotten from it as rays to bring that ball of gas to earth in a sense. That was day one.
    The first born of all creation was the Light of day one and that was not the sun.
    Hope that helps,
    Kathi

Lightenup
    Participant

Marlin,
    Let me add this to the above post.
    The fullness of the Sun = the big ball of gas + the rays of light + the warmth from the heat
    3 in one!

The fullness of God the Father = the Father who is God + the begotten God, the Son + the Holy Spirit
    3 in one!

If you focus on the sum, you see ONE.
    If you focus on the addends, you see THREE.
    So when you speak of God, you can speak of the addends or the fullness. Context will tell you in many cases which side of the equation is being talked about.

Blessings,
    Kathi

kerwin
    Participant

Kathi,

I suggest that you learn about the other gods that were being believed upon during the time that God was mentioning the other gods.

I have read some on the subject of alien gods and their sphere of influence that would determined by their role in the heavenly host.   Mars sounds like a corrupt form of the Archangel Michael while Jupiter sounds like a corrupt form of Yahweh.  Except for serving different position and having skills and abilities related to those positions; Mars and Jupiter were one in being deities.  

The Children of Israel served one God and those under him, though called gods, were not deities but were various types of angels and living creatures. You on the other hand hold to a harmonious polytheism.

If you can see that the ball of gas apart from the rays of light and the heat would not be the sun in its fullness, then why can't you see that the Father without the Son and the Spirit would not be God in His fullness?

The unity of the Spirit is not God and it is not limited to one God, one Lord, and one Spirit.

Ephesians 4
    New International Version (NIV)

3 Make every effort to keep the unity of the Spirit through the bond of peace. 4 There is one body and one Spirit, just as you were called to one hope when you were called; 5 one Lord, one faith, one baptism; 6 one God and Father of all, who is over all and through all and in all.

The rays of Light depend on the big ball of Gas but the big ball of Gas depends on the rays of Light to reach man for it/Him.

What you write is true but it did not negate my point that Jesus calls Yahweh, his God.  Yahweh never calls Jesus his God.

Really? Can God the Father be the Son? If not, there is a limit right there. I believe that the Son was the begotten God and limited Himself. For you to say that is impossible, well, that is only your opinion. I have proven to you that God does have limits…the Father cannot be His own Son.

You are correct, as God has a limit in that he cannot be tempted nor do evil.  Scripture declares that God is not a god of disorder, 1 Corinthians 14:33, and the order of things is that a son is the descendant of his father and not his father. In order to be God a person must know all things, be all wise, not be tempted by evil, not die, and other things that are not true about Jesus.  For God to stop being himself would be evil because God is the source of Good.

I believe that we both believe that the Son is fully God by nature and that He is not the Father. We see things differently but the main thing is the same.

I believe Jesus is a human being and the Spirit of God that dwells in him is divine as it is part of God.  I also believe that God lives in Jesus through his Spirit and the words Jesus speak come from that Spirit and not from his human self.

NickHassan
    Participant

Quote (Lightenup @ Mar. 06 2012,16:27)
    Marlin,
    Let me add this to the above post.
    The fullness of the Sun = the big ball of gas + the rays of light + the warmth from the heat
    3 in one!

The fullness of God the Father = the Father who is God + the begotten God, the Son + the Holy Spirit
    3 in one!

If you focus on the sum, you see ONE.
    If you focus on the addends, you see THREE.
    So when you speak of God, you can speak of the addends or the fullness. Context will tell you in many cases which side of the equation is being talked about.

Blessings,
    Kathi

Hi LU,
    The moon can only reflect the sun-light.
    1 cor 15. 41

jammin
    Participant

Quote (kerwin @ Mar. 05 2012,17:32)

Quote (jammin @ Mar. 05 2012,08:06)
    in flesh

Jammin,

Are you stating that the flesh side of Jesus was descended from David but his soul is God?

that's not the topic.
    better luck next time.

jammin
    Participant

Quote (Ed J @ Mar. 05 2012,13:12)

Quote (jammin @ Mar. 05 2012,13:06)
    in flesh

Hi Jammin,

You believe Mary was Jesus' mother; good because that's what Scripture says!
    (Matt.1:18 / Matt.2:11 / Luke 2:34 / John 19:25 / Acts 1:14)

You believe Jesus is(?) God,
    and you believe Mary is Jesus' mother…

Do you believe Mary is(?) the mother of God?

God bless
    Ed J (Joshua 22:34)
    http://www.holycitybiblecode.org

i said, in flesh. do you understand that??

i already answered your question.

you are out of the topic. better luck next time.

pages are increasing but still the dreamer group cant prove their belief about john 1.1

therefore, it is very clear that the WORD is Christ!

he became flesh! he is GOD! john 1.1

jammin
    Participant

Quote (kerwin @ Mar. 05 2012,17:25)

Quote (jammin @ Mar. 05 2012,06:17)

Quote (kerwin @ Mar. 05 2012,07:39)

Quote (jammin @ Mar. 04 2012,18:42)

Quote (kerwin @ Mar. 04 2012,15:44)

Quote (jammin @ Mar. 04 2012,09:18)
    the father did not became flesh mike. that's right. but the son did.

no man has the form of GOD. christ has the form of GOD! they have the same nature.
    the father and son, GOD!

as i have said, you and adam have the same form, man. but you are not adam. adam is a true man! how about you mike? a false man? hahahahah

maybe an animal mike.
    hahahahah

your doctrine is so funny! hahaha

Jammin,

You seem to be accusing God of having a multi-personality disorder whereas he believes he is both a father and his own son.

You are accusing God of being tempted by evil for it is written that Jesus was fully tempted as is common to man.

As Jesus has been teaching us do not attempt to remove the mote from your brother's eye until you have removed the beam from your own.

Pray for and seek godliness and the Kingdom will be yours.

so you are oneness kerwin. your doctrine is not in the bible.

btw, that is not the topic here.

make a new thread

Jammin,

It may not be the topic of this post but I addressed your post and pointed out where your teachings depend on the principles of this dark world.  

Your teachings are designed to put and obstacle in front of those that seek to be like God in true righteousness and holiness by convincing those that hear them that they cannot achieve their desire.  

Put away those teachings and seek God's righteousness and you will enter the kingdom of heaven.

tnx for accepting that you are out of the topic.

better luck next time

Jammin ,

You are out of topic and judging another for doing the same.  Stop running and address my points.

As I stated the three persons in one God opinion seems to be accusing God of having a multi-personality disorder.

It also accuses God of being tempted by evil as Jesus was tempted as we are without sin.

It also accuses God of having to grow in wisdom as Scripture states Jesus did.

It is clear that Jesus is not God and you have been fooled by his snare and are interpreting John 1:1 incorrectly.

Christ is GOD according to john 1.1

do not make people fool

let me post the verse

John 1:1

King James Version (KJV)
    John 1

1In the beginning was the Word, and the Word was with God, and the Word was God.

THE WORD WAS GOD!!!!!!!!!!!

WHO IS THAT WORD??

John 1:14

King James Version (KJV)

14And the Word was made flesh, and dwelt among us, (and we beheld his glory, the glory as of the only begotten of the Father,) full of grace and truth.

THAT IS CHRIST!

better luck next time mr dream boy

NickHassan
    Participant

Hi Jammin,
    Jesus became the Christ by anointing.
    Jesus Christ means the ANOINTED Jesus.
    The man born in Bethlehem was conceived.

kerwin
    Participant

Quote (jammin @ Mar. 06 2012,19:15)

no man has the form of GOD. christ has the form of GOD! they have the same nature.
    the father and son, GOD!

as i have said, you and adam have the same form, man. but you are not adam. adam is a true man! how about you mike? a false man? hahahahah

maybe an animal mike.
    hahahahah

Jammin,

You seem to be accusing God of having a multi-personality disorder whereas he believes he is both a father and his own son.

You are accusing God of being tempted by evil for it is written that Jesus was fully tempted as is common to man.

As Jesus has been teaching us do not attempt to remove the mote from your brother's eye until you have removed the beam from your own.

make a new thread

Jammin,

It may not be the topic of this post but I addressed your post and pointed out where your teachings depend on the principles of this dark world.  

Your teachings are designed to put and obstacle in front of those that seek to be like God in true righteousness and holiness by convincing those that hear them that they cannot achieve their desire.  

Put away those teachings and seek God's righteousness and you will enter the kingdom of heaven.

better luck next time

Jammin ,

You are out of topic and judging another for doing the same.  Stop running and address my points.

As I stated the three persons in one God opinion seems to be accusing God of having a multi-personality disorder.

It also accuses God of being tempted by evil as Jesus was tempted as we are without sin.

It is clear that Jesus is not God and you have been fooled by his snare and are interpreting John 1:1 incorrectly.

do not make people fool

let me post the verse

King James Version (KJV)
    John 1

1In the beginning was the Word, and the Word was with God, and the Word was God.

WHO IS THAT WORD??

King James Version (KJV)

14And the Word was made flesh, and dwelt among us, (and we beheld his glory, the glory as of the only begotten of the Father,) full of grace and truth.

THAT IS CHRIST!

Jammin,

The word of God is spoken of here.

Deuteronomy 8:3

3 He humbled you, causing you to hunger and then feeding you with manna, which neither you nor your ancestors had known, to teach you that man does not live on bread alone but on every word that comes from the mouth of the LORD.

Deuteronomy 8:3 is paraphrased by John who states that life is in the Word.
    John 1

4 In him was life, and that life was the light of all mankind.

Compare the following verses and see that Peter writes as John does.

1 Peter 1:23

23 For you have been born again, not of perishable seed, but of imperishable, through the living and enduring word of God.

John 1

12 Yet to all who did receive him, to those who believed in his name, he gave the right to become children of God— 13 children born not of natural descent, nor of human decision or a husband’s will, but born of God.

Marlin1
    Participant

Kathi,  that is a nice analogy. Except this,  it would be all the same personality, would it not.

Let me give you one.  H2O……… above 212F it is STEAM.
                                     above 32 but less then 212F it is WATER.
                                      below 32F it is ICE.

It is always the same *** H2O ***, but it can come in three different forms.
    That is God, the same God manifesting Himself in three different ways.

Jesus, Himself said, I do nothing except what MY FATHER shows me.  Would it not be logical that, if He was God in the beginning that He would not have to wait to see, He would already know.

When He was on the earth, He was a man, in which God LIVED in.

God Bless
    Marlin

NickHassan
    Participant

Hi M1
    The Word was with God.

Ed J
    Participant

Quote (kerwin @ Mar. 07 2012,06:41)
    Jammin,

3 He humbled you, causing you to hunger and then feeding you with manna, which neither you nor your ancestors had known, to teach you that man does not live on bread alone but on every word that comes from the mouth of the LORD.

John 1

23 For you have been born again, not of perishable seed, but of imperishable, through the living and enduring word of God.

John 1

12 Yet to all who did receive him, to those who believed in his name, he gave the right to become children of God— 13 children born not of natural descent, nor of human decision or a husband’s will, but born of God.

Hi Kerwin,

Jammin is to busy believing what the systems of religion have taught him,
    to actually research the bible and rightly divide “The Word” of truth. (2Tm.2:15)

Your brother
    in Christ, Jesus.
    holycitybiblecode.org

Ed J
    Participant

Quote (Marlin1 @ Mar. 07 2012,07:37)
    Kathi,  that is a nice analogy. Except this,  it would be all the same personality, would it not.

Let me give you one.  H2O……… above 212F it is STEAM.
                                      below 32F it is ICE.

That is God, the same God manifesting Himself in three different ways.

Jesus, Himself said, I do nothing except what MY FATHER shows me.  Would it not be logical that, if He was God in the beginning that He would not have to wait to see, He would already know.

When He was on the earth, He was a man, in which God LIVED in.

God Bless
    Marlin

Hi Marlin,

How does “Plasma” fit into your water represents a trinity theory?

But this information does match God's “HolyCity” theory     <– Click on this link

God bless

mikeboll64
    Blocked

Quote (Marlin1 @ Mar. 06 2012,14:37)
    Let me give you one. H2O……… above 212F it is STEAM.
    below 32F it is ICE.

But not at the same time, Marlin. :)

Luke 10:21
    At that time Jesus, full of joy through the Holy Spirit, said, “I praise you, Father, Lord of heaven and earth, because you have hidden these things from the wise and learned, and revealed them to little children.

That shows your H2O being ice, steam and water all at the same time.

Just sayin'…………….

jammin
    Participant

Quote (kerwin @ Mar. 07 2012,06:41)

Quote (jammin @ Mar. 06 2012,19:15)

the father and son, GOD!

maybe an animal mike.
    hahahahah

Jammin,

make a new thread

Jammin,

better luck next time

Jammin ,

do not make people fool

let me post the verse

King James Version (KJV)
    John 1

WHO IS THAT WORD??

King James Version (KJV)

THAT IS CHRIST!

Jammin,

John 1

John 1

pages are increasng but you cant read your opinion in john 1.1

i do not need stories. better luck next time

jammin
    Participant

Quote (Nick Hassan @ Mar. 07 2012,04:22)
    Hi Jammin,

Christ also means the son of GOD.

Matthew 16:16

New International Reader's Version (NIRV)

16 Simon Peter answered, “You are the Christ. You are the Son of the living God.”

he became flesh john 1.14

this is what the bible says

11 Today in the town of David a Savior has been born to you. He is Christ the Lord.

therefore, once again the dreamer group is still dreaming. they still cant read their opinion.
    better luck next time

Marlin1
    Participant

Ed J,
    It doesn't, Plasma has to have thousands of degrees of heat and doesn't happen in the normal Ice, water, and steam.  And it is no longer H2o…..

But it was just an analogy, an analogy of the same God(Spirit) in three different ways.  Just as He has.

If I would have thought it was going to be so much trouble for you guys, I wouldn't have brought it up.

God Bless
    Marlin

NickHassan
    Participant

Quote (jammin @ Mar. 07 2012,11:12)

Quote (Nick Hassan @ Mar. 07 2012,04:22)
    Hi Jammin,

Christ also means the son of GOD.

Matthew 16:16

New International Reader's Version (NIRV)

16 Simon Peter answered, “You are the Christ. You are the Son of the living God.”

he became flesh john 1.14

this is what the bible says

11 Today in the town of David a Savior has been born to you. He is Christ the Lord.

therefore, once again the dreamer group is still dreaming. they still cant read their opinion.
    better luck next time

Hi Jammin,
    Indeed as you show he was the SON of the Living God.

But you say he also was that God??

Ed J
    Participant

Quote (Marlin1 @ Mar. 07 2012,13:12)

Ed J,
    It doesn't, Plasma has to have thousands of degrees of heat and doesn't happen in the normal Ice, water, and steam.  And it is no longer H2o…..

But it was just an analogy, an analogy of the same God(Spirit) in three different ways.  Just as He has.

If I would have thought it was going to be so much trouble for you guys, I wouldn't have brought it up.

God Bless
    Marlin

Hi Marlin,

Plasma is another state besides solid, liquid, and gas. Do you
    deny it because it doesn't fit neatly into your scheme?

As the diagram shows, it does fit neatly
    into what the bible does teach. (Link)

God bless

Viewing 20 posts - 4,781 through 4,800 (of 25,907 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

© 1999 - 2024 Heaven Net

Navigation

© 1999 - 2023 - Heaven Net
or

or    

Forgot your details?

or

Create Account