JOHN 1:1 who is the WORD?

Viewing 20 posts - 4,701 through 4,720 (of 25,908 total)
  • Author
    Lightenup
    Participant

Quote (mikeboll64 @ Mar. 04 2012,09:02)
    Kathi,

You have NEVER showed me that Jesus is eternal, or that he is ever called “Jehovah”.  That is just more wishful thinking on your part.  In fact, I believe you walked away from the discussion after I showed yout that “beginning of the creation by God”, the way YOU tried to claim it, would require Jesus to be a verb instead of a noun.

I thought that since you walked away from the discussion, you had learned something.

And sharing God's nature is sharing God's nature.  If some of us will share God's nature like Jesus does, and be brothers and joint heirs of God with him, then your claim that Jesus is God Almighty Himself makes the whole scriptural teaching fall to pieces.

Because then we have God being an heir of God.  And we have some of us becoming BROTHERS to God Almighty, instead of SONS, like the scriptures teach.

The entire teaching of the “Jesus is God” people is absurdity.  None of it aligns with scriptures, but because you people are so hell-bent on making true what is not, you have become experts at claiming the absurd with a straight face.

Oh, I've added one more scripture to my “who created” collection, making it eight now:

Malachi 2:10
    Have we not all one Father ? Did not one God create us?
     :)

Mike,
    When you start realizing the distinction of Almighty God as the Father, Almighty God as the Son, and Almighty God as the unity of both then you will be able to understand.

You will also understand why most all of your translations that you quote, Jesus is spoken of as God with a capital “G.”

You quote a lot of scripture from translations that call Jesus “God” and not “god.”

So us Jesus is God people are the ones aligning with scriptures, the very ones in the translations that you quote all the time. Jesus is not god in those scriptures but God.

Do you realize this? Satan however is god and not God. You seem to have trouble with the distinction.

Your eighth verse speaks of the one Jehovah who is the God of gods and the Lord of lords. Jesus is the Lord of lords with the God of gods.

When you get this then things become so less complicated and you can agree with the Bibles you quote from when they capitalize the G in regards to the Father and the Son.

Btw, I didn't run away, just didn't see any value in the point and I knew you weren't that interested in continuing the topic. I should have made that clear, sorry.

Kathi

Lightenup
    Participant

Quote (Nick Hassan @ Mar. 04 2012,16:27)
    Hi LU,
    Theology is not of God.
    Scripture is the wisdom of God

Nick,
    Scripture is the wisdom of God?? Do you have a verse that says that? I don't recall one.

Theology defined in part:
    the·ol·o·gy
       [thee-ol-uh-jee] Show IPA
    noun, plural -gies.
    the field of study and analysis that treats of God and of God's attributes and relations to the universe; study of divine things or religious truth; divinity.

2 Timothy 2:15
    King James Bible (Cambridge Ed.)
    Study to shew thyself approved unto God, a workman that needeth not to be ashamed, rightly dividing the word of truth.

Is it not theology when you study the Bible to rightly divide the word of truth? Do you not seek divine truth?

kerwin
    Participant

Kathi,

Polytheism is a belief in several gods with different natures and different purposes. Like those who would worship the sun god as well as worship the moon god…two different natures and purposes.

I have not read that definition in the dictionary.  Merriam-Webster’s online dictionary reads “belief in or worship of more than one god.”

What I understand is two persons together with their Holy Spirit that have a common nature (true deity nature) and act as one…interdependently for a common purpose. What one says…the other says, what one does…the other does. The Father gives the directives, the Son carries them out. There is no shifting of shadow between them…they act in complete harmonious unity.

If you drop the “true deity nature” and replace it “godly nature” I agree.

The Son always images the Father, not because He is less than God but because He is the perfect Son working in complete agreement with His perfect Father.

Jesus calls Yawheh his God which means he is subject to him.

If God the only Son was limited by another power against His will, then He did not control becoming a servant but God the only Son was in complete agreement with the Father to limit Himself for a time.

God has no limits.  Anyone with limits is not God.

Gal 1:1 certainly speaks about Jesus not being a man.

Jesus does not speak his own words so the teaching Paul heard did not come from Jesus though it came by Jesus.

Paul knows that Jesus is the one who created all things in heaven and on earth. Man is the creature, not the creator.  God did not use a man to create man, Kerwin.

Romans 5:19
    New International Version (NIV)
    19 For just as through the disobedience of the one man the many were made sinners, so also through the obedience of the one man the many will be made righteous.

The new creation has been being accomplished through, by, and for one man.

What you think is trinitarianism is not trinitarianism. The three persons are one in DEITY NATURE and have been and always will be eternally inseparable in their relationship, yet distinct in relationship as one Father, one Son and one Holy Spirit.

That is my paraphrase as I understand it. I have studied this a lot and what I wrote is basically the sense of it. A multiple personality disorder would be one person who was both a father and that father's son.

I believe you will find that you and Jammin have two different Christologies.

abe
    Participant

Quote (Lightenup @ Mar. 05 2012,06:57)
    Abe,
    The Son who was in the form of God, while being in the form of God, was not a man and that is WHY He had to become a son of man. After He became a son of man, well, then He became able to be tempted, i.e. to be hungry, physically tired, etc. And then He was also able to die…He in regards to the flesh form, was able to shed blood and die. He couldn't have done that while being in His previous form.

This is an amazing part of the gospel message…the incarnation!

Here is a verse to show you that Jesus is not essentially a man but someone who became a man.

Galatians 1:1
    New International Version (©1984)
    Paul, an apostle–sent not from men nor by man, but by Jesus Christ and God the Father, who raised him from the dead–

The writer is saying that Jesus Christ and God the Father are not men. Neither one. Paul knows that Jesus in His true essential identity was not a man. Paul wrote in Colossians 1 that He is the Son of God the Father, the Father's image as well as His Firstborn that created all things in heaven and on earth.

Peace 2 u 2
    Kathi

Hi Kathi,

I can't find the word incarnation in the Bible?

Matt. 13:37 He answered and said to them: He who sowed the good seed is the son of man.

:38 The field is the world, the good seeds are the sons of the kingdom, but the tares are the sons of the wicked one.

Lk. 8:11 Now the parable is this: The seed is the word of God.

Col. 1:15 He is the image of the invisible God, the firstborn of all creation.

1 Jn. 4:12 No one has seen God at any time. If we love one another, God abides in us, and his love has been perfected in us.

Jn. 5:37 And the Father himself, who sent me, has testified of me. You have neither heard his voice at any time, nor seen his form.

Gen. 17:7 And I will establish my covenant between Me and you ( Abraham ) and your seed after you in their generations, for an everlasting covenant, to be God to you and your seed after you.

Gal. 3:16 Now to Abraham and his seed were the promises made. He does not say, and to seeds as of many, but as of one, and to your seed, who is Christ.

Heb. 6:18 so that by two unchangeable things, in which it is impossible for God to lie, we might have strong consolation, who have fled for refuge to lay hold of the hope set before us.

One thing God cannot do, LIE.

Marlin1
    Participant

Jesus, the begotten God, CAN have the form of God especially since that was the form of the One who begat Him.

I find this quote of Kathi's very interesting.

I believe, she uses this statement to convince that Jesus, is in the form of God, because He was formed by His Father.
    Kathi, I might have it wrong the way you believe it applies.

This statement could be seen in many different ways.

I see it as,  Jesus, the man, made God known, because the one and only God created Him and then dwelt in Him, reconciling the world to Himself.

So then who is Jesus, the Son of God???  He is the (ONE GOD) (ONE Spirit) (ONE Personality).

He is not (two people or spirits) and is He is not (three people or spirits), for to have a personality you have to have a person.
    He is ONE Personality, One Spirit, One GOD.

God Bless
    Marlin

Ed J
    Participant

Quote (abe @ Mar. 05 2012,09:57)
    Heb. 6:18     so that by two unchangeable things, in which it is impossible for God to lie, we might have strong consolation, who have fled for refuge to lay hold of the hope set before us.

One thing God cannot do,  LIE.

Hi Abe,

Do you know what the other thing God cannot do is?

God bless
    Ed J (Joshua 22:34)
    http://www.holycitybiblecode.org

NickHassan
    Participant

Hi M,
    We too can become like Jesus, in Spiritual unity with God.

NOW the LORD IS THE SPIRIT

Marlin1
    Participant

We too can become like Jesus, in Spiritual unity with God.

NOW the LORD IS THE SPIRIT

AMEN Nick

jammin
    Participant

Quote (Ed J @ Mar. 05 2012,08:06)

Quote (jammin @ Mar. 02 2012,20:01)
    DOES THE BIBLE SAYS THAT CHRIST “CAN SHARE” GOD'S NATURE?

Hi Jammin, why yes the bible does that. (2 Peter 1:2-4)

“Grace and peace be multiplied unto you through the knowledge of God, and of Jesus our Lord,
    3 According as his divine power hath given unto us all things that pertain unto life and godliness, through the
    knowledge of him that hath called us to glory and virtue: 4 Whereby are given unto us exceeding great and precious
    promises: that by these ye might be partakers of the divine nature, having escaped the corruption that is in the world through lust.”

God bless
    Ed J (Joshua 22:34)
    http://www.holycitybiblecode.org

eat your meal on time edj

i cant read in 2 pet 1.2-4 that christ can share GOD's nature.

do not make people fool.

mikeboll64
    Blocked

Quote (Lightenup @ Mar. 04 2012,15:44)
    Mike,
    When you start realizing the distinction of Almighty God as the Father, Almighty God as the Son, and Almighty God as the unity of both then you will be able to understand.

Kathi,

When YOU realize that the word “Almighty” refers to the MOST mighty, then you'll be able to understand that only ONE can hold the title “God Almighty”.

The Son may be the MOST mighty Son of all sons in existence, but he can never be the MOST mighty God, because his own God already holds that title.

NickHassan
    Participant

Hi Jammin,
    So you agree that in the Body of Christ we can share the divine nature?

jammin
    Participant

Quote (mikeboll64 @ Mar. 05 2012,02:50)

Quote (jammin @ Mar. 04 2012,09:28)
    Christ has the form of GOD according to phil 2.6. therefore, he is GOD!

Go back to third grade, jammin.  If Christ (which in itself refers to someone God anointed, and not God Himself) has the form OF God, then he is not the God he has the form OF, but instead, somebody OTHER THAN that God.

I cannot have the form OF King David unless I'm somebody OTHER THAN King David.

Jesus cannot have the form OF God unless he is somebody OTHER THAN God.

This is really simple stuff, jammin.  I'm truly surprised that your doctrine won't let you see it as it is.

i repeat
    the father is not the son
    but they have the same form or nature, GOD!

you and your father have the same nature, MAN.

if you have the form of man, then you are MAN and not an ANIMAL MIKE!

are you an animal?

jammin
    Participant

Quote (Nick Hassan @ Mar. 05 2012,11:12)
    Hi Jammin,
    So you agree that in the Body of Christ we can share the divine nature?

we “can share” GOD's nature

but Christ “has the nature of GOD!”

there is a huge difference between the two

study hard nick

btw, where can i read your illusion in john 1.1??

pages are increasing but you still cant give your opinion in john 1.1?

you may ask for help

jammin
    Participant

Quote (kerwin @ Mar. 05 2012,07:39)

Quote (jammin @ Mar. 04 2012,18:42)

Quote (kerwin @ Mar. 04 2012,15:44)

Quote (jammin @ Mar. 04 2012,09:18)
    the father did not became flesh mike. that's right. but the son did.

no man has the form of GOD. christ has the form of GOD! they have the same nature.
    the father and son, GOD!

as i have said, you and adam have the same form, man. but you are not adam. adam is a true man! how about you mike? a false man? hahahahah

maybe an animal mike.
    hahahahah

your doctrine is so funny! hahaha

Jammin,

You seem to be accusing God of having a multi-personality disorder whereas he believes he is both a father and his own son.

You are accusing God of being tempted by evil for it is written that Jesus was fully tempted as is common to man.

As Jesus has been teaching us do not attempt to remove the mote from your brother's eye until you have removed the beam from your own.

Pray for and seek godliness and the Kingdom will be yours.

so you are oneness kerwin. your doctrine is not in the bible.

btw, that is not the topic here.

make a new thread

Jammin,

It may not be the topic of this post but I addressed your post and pointed out where your teachings depend on the principles of this dark world.  

Your teachings are designed to put and obstacle in front of those that seek to be like God in true righteousness and holiness by convincing those that hear them that they cannot achieve their desire.  

Put away those teachings and seek God's righteousness and you will enter the kingdom of heaven.

tnx for accepting that you are out of the topic.

better luck next time

NickHassan
    Participant

Hi Jammin,
    So you cannot share the divine nature??

jammin
    Participant

Quote (Nick Hassan @ Mar. 05 2012,11:17)
    Hi Jammin,
    So you cannot share the divine nature??

do you understand the term “CHRIST HAS THE NATURE OF GOD?”

DO YOU HAVE THE NATURE OF GOD OR YOU CAN SHARE GOD'S NATURE???

NickHassan
    Participant

Hi Jammin,
    Why does Peter's letter not apply to you?

jammin
    Participant

Quote (Nick Hassan @ Mar. 05 2012,11:19)
    Hi Jammin,
    Why does Peter's letter not apply to you?

answer my question

do not make people fool.
    i repeat

NickHassan
    Participant

Hi Jammin,
    Are you not yet one with Jesus Christ?

jammin
    Participant

Quote (Nick Hassan @ Mar. 05 2012,11:33)
    Hi Jammin,
    Are you not yet one with Jesus Christ?

answer my question

do not make people fool.
    i repeat

Viewing 20 posts - 4,701 through 4,720 (of 25,908 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

© 1999 - 2024 Heaven Net

Navigation

© 1999 - 2023 - Heaven Net
or

or    

Forgot your details?

or

Create Account