JOHN 1:1 who is the WORD?

Viewing 20 posts - 4,681 through 4,700 (of 25,908 total)
  • Author
    mikeboll64
    Blocked

Quote (jammin @ Mar. 04 2012,09:28)
    Christ has the form of GOD according to phil 2.6. therefore, he is GOD!

Go back to third grade, jammin. If Christ (which in itself refers to someone God anointed, and not God Himself) has the form OF God, then he is not the God he has the form OF, but instead, somebody OTHER THAN that God.

I cannot have the form OF King David unless I'm somebody OTHER THAN King David.

Jesus cannot have the form OF God unless he is somebody OTHER THAN God.

This is really simple stuff, jammin. I'm truly surprised that your doctrine won't let you see it as it is.

NickHassan
    Participant

Hi,
    JESUS OF NAZARETH was anointed by God, and went about doing good.[acts 10.38]

terraricca
    Participant

Quote (Nick Hassan @ Mar. 05 2012,11:21)
    Hi,
    JESUS OF NAZARETH was anointed by God, and went about doing good.[acts 10.38]

N

only anointed ??????

NickHassan
    Participant

Hi T,
    Would you argue against the scriptures?

terraricca
    Participant

Quote (Nick Hassan @ Mar. 05 2012,11:27)
    Hi T,
    Would you argue against the scriptures?

N

no,only against your ignorance

NickHassan
    Participant

Hi T,
    But why do you boast when you offer so little?

abe
    Participant

Quote (Lightenup @ Mar. 05 2012,00:28)
    Mike,
    Jesus is eternal and has the name Jehovah which confirms this. I'm not going to argue this with you because I have already shown you. I just can't let you get away with trying to teach this.

Kathi

Hi Kathi,

Nu.23:19 God is not a man that he should tell lies, nor a son of man that he should regret, has he himself said it,and will he not carry it out?

Peace.

Lightenup
    Participant

Abe,
    The Son who was in the form of God, while being in the form of God, was not a man and that is WHY He had to become a son of man. After He became a son of man, well, then He became able to be tempted, i.e. to be hungry, physically tired, etc. And then He was also able to die…He in regards to the flesh form, was able to shed blood and die. He couldn't have done that while being in His previous form.

This is an amazing part of the gospel message…the incarnation!

Here is a verse to show you that Jesus is not essentially a man but someone who became a man.

Galatians 1:1
    New International Version (©1984)
    Paul, an apostle–sent not from men nor by man, but by Jesus Christ and God the Father, who raised him from the dead–

The writer is saying that Jesus Christ and God the Father are not men. Neither one. Paul knows that Jesus in His true essential identity was not a man. Paul wrote in Colossians 1 that He is the Son of God the Father, the Father's image as well as His Firstborn that created all things in heaven and on earth.

Peace 2 u 2
    Kathi

Lightenup
    Participant

Quote (mikeboll64 @ Mar. 04 2012,10:50)

Quote (jammin @ Mar. 04 2012,09:28)
    Christ has the form of GOD according to phil 2.6. therefore, he is GOD!

Go back to third grade, jammin.  If Christ (which in itself refers to someone God anointed, and not God Himself) has the form OF God, then he is not the God he has the form OF, but instead, somebody OTHER THAN that God.

I cannot have the form OF King David unless I'm somebody OTHER THAN King David.

This is really simple stuff, jammin.  I'm truly surprised that your doctrine won't let you see it as it is.

Mike,

Let me phrase it simpler for you Mike:

Jesus, the begotten God, CAN have the form of God especially since that was the form of the One who begat Him.

Kathi

kerwin
    Participant

Lightenup,

Jammin is definitely making a distinction between the Father and the Son. He is saying that they both are deity and the Son is deity in nature as is the Father.

It is my understanding Jammin is a Trinitarian which is one who’s Christology is three persons in one God. That infers that the one God has multi-personality disorder. By what you write here your own teaching seems to be polytheistic in nature.

Would you deny the royalty of an earthly prince because he was not the king?

The royalty of Jesus is that his nature is godly, which is to say like God’s in true righteousness and holiness. That nature imparted on him the nature of a servant.

The Son had to become a man in order to be tempted of hunger, physical tiredness, earthly rule, etc. That doesn't make Him less than the deity He was beforehand.

Actually it would since one is either the one true God or they are not. By your teaching you are accusing God of at one time being less than all wise, less than all knowledgeable, and being subject to temptation.

This verse proves that Jesus was more than man:
    Galatians 1:1
    Young's Literal Translation
    Paul, an apostle — not from men, nor through man, but through Jesus Christ, and God the Father, who did raise him out of the dead —

Kerwin, can you see that Paul was made an apostle not through a man but instead through Jesus Christ…

Galatians 1
    New International Version (NIV)

11 I want you to know, brothers and sisters, that the gospel I preached is not of human origin. 12 I did not receive it from any man, nor was I taught it; rather, I received it by revelation from Jesus Christ.

John 14:24
    New International Version (NIV)
    24 Anyone who does not love me will not obey my teaching. These words you hear are not my own; they belong to the Father who sent me.

Both Jesus and Paul agree that Jesus reveals the Word of God for God speaks through him and Jesus does not speak for himself.

kerwin
    Participant

Quote (jammin @ Mar. 04 2012,18:42)

Quote (kerwin @ Mar. 04 2012,15:44)

Quote (jammin @ Mar. 04 2012,09:18)
    the father did not became flesh mike. that's right. but the son did.

no man has the form of GOD. christ has the form of GOD! they have the same nature.
    the father and son, GOD!

as i have said, you and adam have the same form, man. but you are not adam. adam is a true man! how about you mike? a false man? hahahahah

maybe an animal mike.
    hahahahah

your doctrine is so funny! hahaha

Jammin,

You seem to be accusing God of having a multi-personality disorder whereas he believes he is both a father and his own son.

You are accusing God of being tempted by evil for it is written that Jesus was fully tempted as is common to man.

As Jesus has been teaching us do not attempt to remove the mote from your brother's eye until you have removed the beam from your own.

Pray for and seek godliness and the Kingdom will be yours.

so you are oneness kerwin. your doctrine is not in the bible.

btw, that is not the topic here.

make a new thread

Jammin,

It may not be the topic of this post but I addressed your post and pointed out where your teachings depend on the principles of this dark world.

Your teachings are designed to put and obstacle in front of those that seek to be like God in true righteousness and holiness by convincing those that hear them that they cannot achieve their desire.

Put away those teachings and seek God's righteousness and you will enter the kingdom of heaven.

Lightenup
    Participant

Kerwin,
    Polytheism is a belief in several gods with different natures and different purposes. Like those who would worship the sun god as well as worship the moon god…two different natures and purposes.

What I understand is two persons together with their Holy Spirit that have a common nature (true deity nature) and act as one…interdependently for a common purpose. What one says…the other says, what one does…the other does. The Father gives the directives, the Son carries them out. There is no shifting of shadow between them…they act in complete harmonious unity.

The Son always images the Father, not because He is less than God but because He is the perfect Son working in complete agreement with His perfect Father.

The Son had to become a man in order to be tempted of hunger, physical tiredness, earthly rule, etc. That doesn't make Him less than the deity He was beforehand.

Actually it would since one is either the one true God or they are not. By your teaching you are accusing God of at one time being less than all wise, less than all knowledgeable, and being subject to temptation.

If God the only Son was limited by another power against His will, then He did not control becoming a servant but God the only Son was in complete agreement with the Father to limit Himself for a time.

I don't know if the Son continued in the glory of exercising omnipresence and omniscience during this time as man or not. I trust that He became what He needed to become in order to fulfill the redemption of mankind. The incarnation is mysterious and unexplainable. Heck, I can't even explain electricity but I believe that it exists and that the light bulb changes when the switch is turned on.

Gal 1:1 certainly speaks about Jesus not being a man. Paul knows that Jesus is the one who created all things in heaven and on earth. Man is the creature, not the creator. God did not use a man to create man, Kerwin.

Kathi

Ed J
    Participant

Quote (jammin @ Mar. 02 2012,20:01)
    DOES THE BIBLE SAYS THAT CHRIST “CAN SHARE” GOD'S NATURE?

Hi Jammin, why yes the bible does that. (2 Peter 1:2-4)

“Grace and peace be multiplied unto you through the knowledge of God, and of Jesus our Lord,
    3 According as his divine power hath given unto us all things that pertain unto life and godliness, through the
    knowledge of him that hath called us to glory and virtue: 4 Whereby are given unto us exceeding great and precious
    promises: that by these ye might be partakers of the divine nature, having escaped the corruption that is in the world through lust.”

God bless
    Ed J (Joshua 22:34)
    http://www.holycitybiblecode.org

Lightenup
    Participant

Kerwin,
    you said:

It is my understanding Jammin is a Trinitarian which is one who’s Christology is three persons in one God. That infers that the one God has multi-personality disorder.

What you think is trinitarianism is not trinitarianism. The three persons are one in DEITY NATURE and have been and always will be eternally inseparable in their relationship, yet distinct in relationship as one Father, one Son and one Holy Spirit.

That is my paraphrase as I understand it. I have studied this a lot and what I wrote is basically the sense of it. A multiple personality disorder would be one person who was both a father and that father's son.

I hope that helps,
    Kathi

NickHassan
    Participant

Hi LU,
    God is not IN RELATIONSHIP with His own Spirit.
    That is a catholic myth

Lightenup
    Participant

Man partakes in deity nature because grace has been bestowed on him by God.
    The Son partakes in deity nature because He always was, is and will be deity.

Big difference.

Ed J
    Participant

Quote (jammin @ Mar. 04 2012,00:28)

Quote (mikeboll64 @ Mar. 04 2012,00:24)

Quote (jammin @ Mar. 03 2012,07:14)
    14 The Word became a man and lived among us. We saw his divine greatness—the greatness that belongs to the only Son of the Father. The Word was full of grace and truth.

that is CHRIST!

That's correct, jammin.  Jesus is the SON OF the Father, and for us, there is but ONE God – the Father.

He is not only our God, but Jesus' God as well.  Jesus himself tells us this.

one GOD the father. that is right mike.
    but it does not mean that Christ is not GOD.
    he is GOD! the SON of GOD is GOD!

1 john 5.20

English Standard Version (ESV)

20 And we know that the Son of God has come and has given us understanding, so that we may know him who is true; and we are in him who is true, in his Son Jesus Christ. He is the true God and eternal life.

Hi Jammin,

Is Jesus not also the Son of Mary. (Matt.1:18 / Matt.2:11 / Luke 2:34 / John 19:25 / Acts 1:14)

Does that make him Mary according to your logic?    …and if not, why not?

God bless
    Ed J (Joshua 22:34)
    http://www.holycitybiblecode.org

Lightenup
    Participant

Nick,
    That is merely your opinion. Your spirit is in relationship with you or do you not control your spirit?

Lightenup
    Participant

Being the son of man would make him man in nature.
    Being the son of God would make Him God in nature.

NickHassan
    Participant

Hi LU,
    Theology is not of God.
    Scripture is the wisdom of God

Viewing 20 posts - 4,681 through 4,700 (of 25,908 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

© 1999 - 2024 Heaven Net

Navigation

© 1999 - 2023 - Heaven Net
or

or    

Forgot your details?

or

Create Account