JOHN 1:1 who is the WORD?

Viewing 20 posts - 4,601 through 4,620 (of 25,908 total)
  • Author
    barley
    Participant

Quote (Nick Hassan @ Mar. 03 2012,17:34)
    Hi B,
    Have you ever read a letter addressed to one group that diverts in the middle to talking to another group?
    Truth is consistent and harmonious.

Maybe you should read the verses I provided instead of jumping ship.

What does it matter if the addressee changes? You want to tell God that He was wrong to give Paul what Paul wrote?

Go for it. I am sure He will listen patiently.

Then lead you through a lecture like He gave Job.

Uh, Nick, did you design the heavens and the earth?

Oh, Nick, did you create the heavens and the earth?

Nick, did you plan out man's redemption?

Uh, son, where were you when I was doing all that?

Did you sent your only begotten son?

It seems to me, if God wants to interject a few diversions from the main line of thought into one of His epistles, He has the right to do so.

Jesus was on his way to heal Jairus daughter when he was “rudely” interrupted by the woman with the issue of blood. Why would God allow that? Maybe she should have been rebuked instead of comforted? “Don't bother me with your stupid life” or “your believing made you whole”?

barley

mikeboll64
    Blocked

Quote (kerwin @ Mar. 02 2012,20:15)

Quote (mikeboll64 @ Mar. 03 2012,06:32)

Quote (kerwin @ Mar. 02 2012,17:03)
    Mike,

Being a human being I have both partaken of flesh and blood and been made like my brothers in all ways.

Kerwin,

I think it is a reach on your part to consider never being anything but flesh as “partaking in flesh”.

But perhaps I am mistaken.  Could you show me a scripture where a person who had never been anything but flesh was said to have “partaken in flesh”?

Or can you find that circumstance/phrase in any secular writing?

Mike,

Hebrews 2

King James Version (KJV)

14Forasmuch then as the children are partakers of flesh and blood, he also himself likewise took part of the same; that through death he might destroy him that had the power of death, that is, the devil;

Two different Ancient Greek words with similar meanings are used.

And why do you suppose the writer uses a different word to convey the children's relationship with flesh than he uses to convey Jesus' relationship with flesh?

The first phrase is most generally translated as “share flesh and blood”, “are flesh and blood” or “have flesh and blood”. The second phrase about Jesus uses a different Greek word meaning to partake in.

But why two different words if their relationship with flesh was equal?

jammin
    Participant

Quote (Ed J @ Mar. 03 2012,13:34)

Quote (jammin @ Mar. 03 2012,13:01)

edj,

bec the translation does not support your doctrine, you wont accept it.

JAMMIN,

So you equate added words to Scripture, to the Scripture themselves?    …is that right?

God bless
    Ed J (Joshua 22:34)
    http://www.holycitybiblecode.org

the bible says that the WORD is Christ! the SON OF GOD!
    John 1:14
    (ERV)

14 The Word became a man and lived among us. We saw his divine greatness—the greatness that belongs to the only Son of the Father. The Word was full of grace and truth.

that is CHRIST!

mikeboll64
    Blocked

Quote (jammin @ Mar. 02 2012,20:01)
    DOES THE BIBLE SAYS THAT CHRIST “CAN SHARE” GOD'S NATURE?

What exactly does the Bible say about Jesus having God's nature, jammin?

Surely you will rely on the faulty translation of Phil 2:6, which calls for the butchering of the word “morphe”, and changes the true meaning of it from “outward appearance” to the imagined meaning of “nature” – right?

mikeboll64
    Blocked

Quote (jammin @ Mar. 03 2012,07:14)
    14 The Word became a man and lived among us. We saw his divine greatness—the greatness that belongs to the only Son of the Father. The Word was full of grace and truth.

that is CHRIST!

That's correct, jammin. Jesus is the SON OF the Father, and for us, there is but ONE God – the Father.

He is not only our God, but Jesus' God as well. Jesus himself tells us this.

jammin
    Participant

Quote (Nick Hassan @ Mar. 03 2012,14:20)
    Hi Jammin,
    Certainly God was manifest in the flesh of Jesus Christ.
    We too may be sons if we are led by the Spirit of God

But those who did welcome him,
    those who believed in his name,
    he authorized to become God’s children, john 1.12

but Christ is different. he is the “only begotten son of GOD! “john 1.18

jammin
    Participant

Quote (mikeboll64 @ Mar. 04 2012,00:24)

Quote (jammin @ Mar. 03 2012,07:14)

that is CHRIST!

That's correct, jammin.  Jesus is the SON OF the Father, and for us, there is but ONE God – the Father.

He is not only our God, but Jesus' God as well.  Jesus himself tells us this.

one GOD the father. that is right mike.
    but it does not mean that Christ is not GOD.
    he is GOD! the SON of GOD is GOD!

1 john 5.20

English Standard Version (ESV)

20 And we know that the Son of God has come and has given us understanding, so that we may know him who is true; and we are in him who is true, in his Son Jesus Christ. He is the true God and eternal life.

jammin
    Participant

Quote (mikeboll64 @ Mar. 04 2012,00:22)

Quote (jammin @ Mar. 02 2012,20:01)
    DOES THE BIBLE SAYS THAT CHRIST “CAN SHARE” GOD'S NATURE?

What exactly does the Bible say about Jesus having God's nature, jammin?

Surely you will rely on the faulty translation of Phil 2:6, which calls for the butchering of the word “morphe”, and changes the true meaning of it from “outward appearance” to the imagined meaning of “nature” – right?

answer my question first.

can you read that the bible says Christ “can share” God's nature?

mikeboll64
    Blocked

No, I can't. Now answer my question.

jammin
    Participant

Quote (barley @ Mar. 03 2012,15:14)

Quote (shimmer @ Mar. 03 2012,13:59)

Quote (jammin @ Mar. 03 2012,15:40)
    16And without controversy great is the mystery of godliness: God was manifest in the flesh, justified in the Spirit, seen of angels, preached unto the Gentiles, believed on in the world, received up into glory.

The True Aramaic Bible, The Peshitta:

“Truly great is this divine mystery of righteousness; it is revealed in the flesh, justified in the Spirit, seen by angels, preached to the Gentiles, believed on in the world, and received up into glory”.

http://www.lamsabible.com/Lamsa/15_1Timothy/1Timothy3.htm

That Lamsa Bible is the better source.

I Timothy 3:16 , the Stephens Greek is the only text that reads, “God was manifest in flesh”   some scholars have noted a different ink, some modified the word “which” to read an abbreviation for God.

barley

what if i can read another greek bible that says GOD was manifest in the flesh, will you accept that you are a false teacher?

mikeboll64
    Blocked

Quote (jammin @ Mar. 03 2012,07:28)

Wrong. The son of the President of the U.S. is not “the President of the U.S.” The son of the King is not “the King”. The son of Moses is not “Moses”. Etc, etc, etc…………

It's strange that you agree, “one GOD the father. that is right mike”, but then go on to say, “but it does not mean that Christ is not GOD”. ???

Only in Bizarro World would those two sentences ever make sense together.

jammin
    Participant

Quote (mikeboll64 @ Mar. 04 2012,00:31)
    No, I can't.  Now answer my question.

therefore, Christ is really GOD!

better luck next time.

barley
    Participant

Quote (mikeboll64 @ Mar. 04 2012,00:36)

Wrong.  The son of the President of the U.S. is not “the President of the U.S.”  The son of the King is not “the King”.  The son of Moses is not “Moses”.  Etc, etc, etc…………

It's strange that you agree, “one GOD the father. that is right mike”, but then go on to say, “but it does not mean that Christ is not GOD”.  ???

Mike,

Your post shows the barrier that trinitarians, etc have to learn to over come.

Language for them means nothing.  I cannot understand how they can communicate in everyday conversation.

If they applied the same loosey goosey language to their everyday conversations, no one, no one would have any clue as to what they meant when they spoke.

Three in one is a great excuse for polygamy.  I have only one wife.  One wife in three persons?

There are three persons in one wife?  At least one of them, if they had any horse sense, would be very angry for having a cheating husband.

barley

jammin
    Participant

Quote (mikeboll64 @ Mar. 04 2012,00:36)

Wrong.  The son of the President of the U.S. is not “the President of the U.S.”  The son of the King is not “the King”.  The son of Moses is not “Moses”.  Etc, etc, etc…………

It's strange that you agree, “one GOD the father. that is right mike”, but then go on to say, “but it does not mean that Christ is not GOD”.  ???

you belong to the dreamer group.

we are talking about the nature!

you said president, moses, king etc. they are MAN!
    the son of MAN is also MAN and not ANIMAL mike!

they have the same nature, MAN!

your father is a MAN, and you are a MAN! unless you like to be an animal.

mikeboll64
    Blocked

1 john 5.20  English Standard Version (ESV)

20 And we know that the Son of God has come and has given us understanding, so that we may know him who is true; and we are in him who is true, in his Son Jesus Christ. He is the true God and eternal life.

About whom did the Son of God come to give us understanding, jammin?

John 1:18
    No one has ever seen God, but the only begotten god, who is at the Father’s side, has made him known.

It seems the Son came to make known his Father and his God.

Who is the true God mentioned?

John 17:3
    Now this is eternal life: that they may know you, the only true God, and Jesus Christ, whom you have sent.

Well, your Lord and King says that the Father is the ONLY “true God”.  

Your scripture says that we are not only in Him who is true, but also in His Son Jesus Christ.  Who has a Son named Jesus Christ, jammin?

Do you see how your personal doctrine has blinded you so badly that you don't even read the scriptures as they are anymore?  You are so bent on making Jesus BE the God he is the Son of that you are unable to let the scriptures teach you their true meaning.

jammin
    Participant

1 John 5:20

English Standard Version (ESV)

20 And we know that the Son of God has come and has given us understanding, so that we may know him who is true; and we are in him who is true, in his Son esus Christ. He is the true God and eternal life.

CHRIST IS THE TRUE GOD!

jammin
    Participant

Quote (mikeboll64 @ Mar. 04 2012,00:48)

1 john 5.20  English Standard Version (ESV)

About whom did the Son of God come to give us understanding, jammin?

John 1:18
    No one has ever seen God, but the onloy begotten god, who is at the Father’s side, has made him known.

It seems the Son came to make known his Father and his God.

Who is the true God mentioned?

John 17:3
    Now this is eternal life: that they may know you, the only true God, and Jesus Christ, whom you have sent.

Well, your Lord and King says that the Father is the ONLY “true God”.  

Your scripture says that we are not only in Him who is true, but also in His Son Jesus Christ.  Who has a Son named Jesus Christ, jammin?

Do you see how your personal doctrine has blinded you so badly that you don't even read the scriptures as they are anymore?  You are so bent on making Jesus BE the God he is the Son of that you are unable to let the scriptures teach you their true meaning.

i posted 1 john 5.20
    and not john 1.18 and john 17.3

are you blind mike???

maybe you need some vitamins.

1 john 5.20
    says that CHRIST is the true GOD!

jammin
    Participant

once again, the dreamer group still cant prove their belief about john 1.1

better luck next time

mikeboll64
    Blocked

Quote (barley @ Mar. 03 2012,07:45)
    There are three persons in one wife?  At least one of them, if they had any horse sense, would be very angry for having a cheating husband.

barley

And these guys cheat on God Almighty every day – while thinking they are doing Him a great service.  ???

The one they call their “God #2” is the one who said, “Worship the Lord your God, and serve Him ONLY”.  ???

It's like cheating on your wife with her closest and dearest friend.  And not only that, but the friend doesn't even WANT the relationship, so it is really like RAPING your wife's closest and dearest friend.

mikeboll64
    Blocked

Quote (jammin @ Mar. 03 2012,07:50)
    1 john 5.20
    says that CHRIST is the true GOD!

No it doesn't. And your Lord says his Father is the ONLY true God.

Viewing 20 posts - 4,601 through 4,620 (of 25,908 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

© 1999 - 2024 Heaven Net

Navigation

© 1999 - 2023 - Heaven Net
or

or    

Forgot your details?

or

Create Account