JOHN 1:1 who is the WORD?

Viewing 20 posts - 4,541 through 4,560 (of 25,908 total)
  • Author
    NickHassan
    Participant

Hi Jammin,
    But nothing is true for you unless it matches your opinion.

Ed J
    Participant

Quote (jammin @ Mar. 01 2012,17:08)
    you are just making excuses nick

do not make people fool.
    read your opinion in john 1.1!

you said the WORD is the spirit of Christ. but i can not see that in john 1.1

when will you publish your own version nick?

Hi Jammin,

Where do YOU read Jesus is(?) “The Word” in John 1:1? ???

God bless
    Ed J (Joshua 22:34)
    http://www.holycitybiblecode.org

Ed J
    Participant

Quote (kerwin @ Mar. 01 2012,17:17)
    Jammin,

I care less how anyone chooses to interpret John 1:1 or any other passage of Scripture as what is important is learning the good news of Jesus Anointed without anything added or subtracted.  John 1:1 like other passages is just a means to that end.

Woe to them that seek salvation is the passages of Scripture but do not come to him of whom they bear testimony.

Hi Kerwin,

Amen!

God bless

shimmer
    Participant

Quote (kerwin @ Mar. 01 2012,19:17)
    I care less how anyone chooses to interpret John 1:1 or any other passage of Scripture as what is important is learning the good news of Jesus Anointed without anything added or subtracted.  John 1:1 like other passages is just a means to that end.

Woe to them that seek salvation is the passages of Scripture but do not come to him of whom they bear testimony.

Amen Kerwin :)

kerwin
    Participant

Quote (terraricca @ Mar. 01 2012,12:24)

Quote (kerwin @ Mar. 02 2012,00:17)
    Jammin,

kerwin

what do you mean from that passage ??is it not good for a person to search scriptures ? and at the same time bear testimony ???

or we just accept Christ and do not look at scriptures no longer ???

Pierre,

I am paraphrasing a teaching of Jesus to warn people away from looking for salvation in Scriptures without seeking the way to be righteous as God is righteous.

kerwin
    Participant

Quote (jammin @ Mar. 01 2012,13:06)
    nick,

do not explain.
    read first your opinion in john 1.1

kerwin,
    your words are useless. but if you can read your belief in john 1.1 then we can proceed

Jammin,

It is there to those that understands the language.

terraricca
    Participant

Quote (kerwin @ Mar. 02 2012,02:09)

Quote (terraricca @ Mar. 01 2012,12:24)

Quote (kerwin @ Mar. 02 2012,00:17)
    Jammin,

kerwin

what do you mean from that passage ??is it not good for a person to search scriptures ? and at the same time bear testimony ???

or we just accept Christ and do not look at scriptures no longer ???

Pierre,

I am paraphrasing a teaching of Jesus to warn people away from looking for salvation in Scriptures without seeking the way to be righteous as God is righteous.

:)

jammin
    Participant

Quote (Nick Hassan @ Mar. 01 2012,18:17)
    Hi Jammin,
    But nothing is true for you unless it matches your opinion.

i can read what i say. how about you? just stories?
    better luck next time.

jammin
    Participant

Quote (kerwin @ Mar. 01 2012,19:11)

nick,

do not explain.

kerwin,
    your words are useless. but if you can read your belief in john 1.1 then we can proceed

Jammin,

but that is not what the bible says. you have to read it in john 1.1 or else, that would be a fantasy

jammin
    Participant

Quote (Ed J @ Mar. 01 2012,18:43)

Quote (jammin @ Mar. 01 2012,17:08)
    you are just making excuses nick

do not make people fool.
    read your opinion in john 1.1!

you said the WORD is the spirit of Christ. but i can not see that in john 1.1

when will you publish your own version nick?

Hi Jammin,

Where do YOU read Jesus is(?) “The Word” in John 1:1? ???

God bless

i said christ! not JESUS.
    when christ became flesh, he was given a name JESUS.

so you want me to read in john 1.1 that it refers to christ.
    here is the verse
    John 1:1-2

Amplified Bible (AMP)
    John 1
    1IN THE beginning [before all time] was the Word ([a]Christ), and the Word was with God, and the Word was God Himself.

2He was present originally with God.

believe it or not

NickHassan
    Participant

Hi Jammin,
    You have it all reversed.
    The Word became flesh and dwelled among us

kerwin
    Participant

Quote (jammin @ Mar. 01 2012,16:16)

Quote (kerwin @ Mar. 01 2012,19:11)

nick,

do not explain.

kerwin,

Jammin,

but that is not what the bible says. you have to read it in john 1.1 or else, that would be a fantasy

Jammin,

You have a situation where I have pointed out a definition for logos that makes it clearly evident that John 1:1 is teaching about the very word that comes out of the mouth of God and yet you fail to see it. Don't you know it is written:

“man does not live on bread alone but on every word that comes from the mouth of the LORD”

So settle down and ask God about it.

Note: Quote from Deuteronomy 8:3 in the NIV.

mikeboll64
    Blocked

Quote (Nick Hassan @ Mar. 01 2012,11:04)
    Hi Jammin,
    You have it all reversed.
    The Word became flesh and dwelled among us

That's right, Nick.  Now, who do we know that was existing in the form of God before being made into a human being?  Who do we know that said, “I came down from heaven”?  Who do we know that not only became flesh (not “came to be IN flesh”), but when he did, he had the glory of God's only begotten Son?

Some of us don't know him as well as others of us, I guess.  Which is sad, because this same one said knowing him and his God was “eternal life”.

NickHassan
    Participant

Hi MB,
    The Word.
    The Word was God.
    The Spirit of God is one with God.

Do you say you know God better than others?

mikeboll64
    Blocked

I obviously know the Son better than you do. I believe him when he tells me he came down from heaven. You don't.

NickHassan
    Participant

Hi MB,
    Interesting.
    You make the same mistakes that are shown in the scriptures.

terraricca
    Participant

Quote (Nick Hassan @ Mar. 02 2012,18:35)
    Hi MB,
    Interesting.
    You make the same mistakes that are shown in the scriptures.

N

Jn 3:27 To this John replied, “A man can receive only what is given him from heaven.
    Jn 3:28 You yourselves can testify that I said, ‘I am not the Christ but am sent ahead of him.’
    Jn 3:29 The bride belongs to the bridegroom. The friend who attends the bridegroom waits and listens for him, and is full of joy when he hears the bridegroom’s voice. That joy is mine, and it is now complete.
    Jn 3:30 He must become greater; I must become less.
    Jn 3:31 “The one who comes from above is above all; the one who is from the earth belongs to the earth, and speaks as one from the earth. The one who comes from heaven is above all.

look what it says ;Jn 3:31 “The one who comes from above is above all; you do not believe this witness ? this is the third witness already wen will you believe the scriptures ????

mikeboll64
    Blocked

Nick,

The mistake I made was thinking you could have an intelligent, scripture-backed discussion.  But when scriptures are clearly against you, you pull an “Ed”.  You put your fingers in your ears and start posting nonsensical ad hominems.  :)

terraricca
    Participant

Quote (mikeboll64 @ Mar. 02 2012,18:41)
    Nick,

The mistake I made was thinking you could have an intelligent, scripture-backed discussion.  But when scriptures are clearly against you, you pull an “Ed”.  You put your fingers in your ears and start posting nonsensical ad hominems.  :)

concur to this

NickHassan
    Participant

Quote (mikeboll64 @ Mar. 02 2012,11:41)
    Nick,

Hi MB,
    Yes it will take you a while.
    But I have great hope you will be free.

You work hard here

Viewing 20 posts - 4,541 through 4,560 (of 25,908 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

© 1999 - 2024 Heaven Net

Navigation

© 1999 - 2023 - Heaven Net
or

or    

Forgot your details?

or

Create Account