JOHN 1:1 who is the WORD?

Viewing 20 posts - 4,301 through 4,320 (of 25,907 total)
  • Author
    Ed J
    Participant

Hi CaveDave,

Are you suggesting that the Apostle Paul
    was speaking of himself in the third person?

God bless
    Ed J (Joshua 22:34)
    http://www.holycitybiblecode.org

cavedave
    Participant

Quote (Ed J @ Feb. 21 2012,17:20)
    Hi CaveDave,

Are you suggesting that the Apostle Paul
    was speaking of himself in the third person?

God bless

He may have been or he may have been speaking of someone he knew. My point was I know these things from the same stand point. I could tell you I had the same experince but that tends to put people off as if we are making some big deal about our selves and we become hard to relate to. Which is why I believe he wrote it the way he did. I dont know about his experince because I read it in the bible I had the same experince and read it in the bible and know what he was talking about for the same reasons.

Ed J
    Participant

Hi CaveDave,

What did you see,
    and what did you here?

God bless

kerwin
    Participant

Quote (Nick Hassan @ Feb. 21 2012,10:32)
    Hi KW,
    Is it?
    Do you have scripture?

Nick,

These passages appear to testify of such.

2 Corinthians 12

New International Version (NIV)

3 And I know that this man—whether in the body or apart from the body I do not know, but God knows— 4 was caught up to paradise and heard inexpressible things, things that no one is permitted to tell.

Revelation 2:7

7 Whoever has ears, let them hear what the Spirit says to the churches. To the one who is victorious, I will give the right to eat from the tree of life, which is in the paradise of God.

kerwin
    Participant

Quote (cavedave @ Feb. 21 2012,12:05)
    The thing Paul was trying to explain was a being caught up in the Spirit. He could not tell if he had left his physcial body or not. It was because the experince was so real to him. if ever you experince this same thing you will know just what he ment. And you will also know that heavenly things can not be explained to others they have to be experinced. He said he heard things that could not be spoken of. It was not that he was forbidden to speak of them it was they were things you would not understand because he didnt. Things that truly come from God need to be reveled by Him. To many look at scripture and think they know what it means and they are just making their best guest. Sometimes we just need to say you know what I dont know that. Instead most poke around and ending up poking their own eye out. I like Paul knew a man some 25 years ago weather in the body or out I dont know who was caught up to the thrid heaven and that is how I know this. it is not just something I read it is something I know first hand.

Cave Dog,

Are you writing what someone else has told you? I ask because your understanding has Paul speaking in the third person. It also seems to contradict the following verse.

2 Corinthians 12

5 I will boast about a man like that, but I will not boast about myself, except about my weaknesses.

cavedave
    Participant

Quote (Ed J @ Feb. 21 2012,17:42)
    Hi CaveDave,

What did you see,
    and what did you here?

God bless

Paul said in 2 Cor 12: 1 that what he seen and heard was inexpressible that is why I know what he was talking about.
    That is also why he did not write a book about it. It was and is something you can not express to another. And I like Paul am not even going to try. All the books that have been written in the last few years about visits to heaven are fairy tales for iching ears and those who are slow of heart. True spritural things can not be explained they need to be sprituraly discerned. Those with ears to hear will know the truth all the rest will think that only a mouse farted. The true wisdom of God means nothing to most all. That is how far most are from what God is really about. He truly does take the foolish of this world to confound those who think they are wise. Our weekness is we do not apear to be any thing to the biggest portion of people. Kinda like this guy who claimed to be the son of God 2000 years ago. I know no body here would have said put him up on that cross he is a fraud. Guess what when we do it to the least of these we are doing it to him. For we are one with Him. Some of us after many years are coming out and finding so many still in darkness thinking they are in the light. It is not what you know it is whos you our. Those who are truly his will not kill their brothers or sisters in word or deed. They may disagree they may bring correction they will not ever throw one another away with their words.

cavedave
    Participant

Quote (kerwin @ Feb. 21 2012,19:11)

Quote (cavedave @ Feb. 21 2012,12:05)
    The thing Paul was trying to explain was a being caught up in the Spirit. He could not tell if he had left his physcial body or not. It was because the experince was so real to him. if ever you experince this same thing you will know just what he ment. And you will also know that heavenly things can not be explained to others they have to be experinced. He said he heard things that could not be spoken of. It was not that he was forbidden to speak of them it was they were things you would not understand because he didnt. Things that truly come from God need to be reveled by Him. To many look at scripture and think they know what it means and they are just making their best guest. Sometimes we just need to say you know what I dont know that. Instead most poke around and ending up poking their own eye out. I like Paul knew a man some 25 years ago weather in the body or out I dont know who was caught up to the thrid heaven and that is how I know this. it is not just something I read it is something I know first hand.

Cave Dog,

Are you writing what someone else has told you?  I ask because your understanding has Paul speaking in the third person.  It also seems to contradict the following verse.

2 Corinthians 12

5 I will boast about a man like that, but I will not boast about myself, except about my weaknesses.

Kerwin
    My handle is not cave dog it is cavedave if you truly wanted to know something I would think that addressing someone in the proper way would get the job done. I also think that what you want to do is argue and that is why you have stated this the way you did. Since you already seem to think you have the answer I would say why ask? Is not your answer a good one. Looks good to me.

shimmer
    Participant

Quote (cavedave @ Feb. 21 2012,23:17)

Hi CaveDave,

What did you see,
    and what did you here?

God bless

Paul said in 2 Cor 12: 1 that what he seen and heard was inexpressible that is why I know what he was talking about.
    That is also why he did not write a book about it. It was and is something you can not express to another. And I like Paul am not even going to try. All the books that have been written in the last few years about visits to heaven are fairy tales for iching ears and those who are slow of heart. True spritural things can not be explained they need to be sprituraly discerned. Those with ears to hear will know the truth all the rest will think that only a mouse farted. The true wisdom of God means nothing to most all. That is how far most are from what God is really about. He truly does take the foolish of this world to confound those who think they are wise. Our weekness is we do not apear to be any thing to the biggest portion of people. Kinda like this guy who claimed to be the son of God 2000 years ago. I know no body here would have said put him up on that cross he is a fraud. Guess what when we do it to the least of these we are doing it to him. For we are one with Him. Some of us after many years are coming out and finding so many still in darkness thinking they are in the light. It is not what you know it is whos you our. Those who are truly his will not kill their brothers or sisters in word or deed. They may disagree they may bring correction they will not ever throw one another away with their words.

Hi Cavedave, Amen.

I know exactly what you're saying.

cavedave
    Participant

Quote (shimmer @ Feb. 21 2012,22:02)

Hi CaveDave,

What did you see,
    and what did you here?

God bless

Hi Cavedave, Amen.

Hello shimmer
    And a hearty amen to you also and thank you.

NickHassan
    Participant

Quote (kerwin @ Feb. 21 2012,19:02)

Quote (Nick Hassan @ Feb. 21 2012,10:32)
    Hi KW,
    Is it?
    Do you have scripture?

Nick,

These passages appear to testify of such.

2 Corinthians 12

3 And I know that this man—whether in the body or apart from the body I do not know, but God knows— 4 was caught up to paradise and heard inexpressible things, things that no one is permitted to tell.

Revelation 2:7

7 Whoever has ears, let them hear what the Spirit says to the churches. To the one who is victorious, I will give the right to eat from the tree of life, which is in the paradise of God.

Hi KW,
    Eden is not spoken of but only the tree of life.
    We should not make assumptions should we?

cavedave
    Participant

Many are looking for the kingdom in the wrong places.
    Jesus said the kingdom was with in us.
    Everthing on the out side all we can see with our eyes are pictures of spritural truth and the the truth is Christ and Christ is now in us. Or as Paul said unless you fail the test.
    If Christ is in you then so is all of the kingdom of God and all that it is about. The natural world we live in is made up of seas trees grass mountains rivers all things you will find in scripture that speak about spritural truth. Painted by the hand of the one true God to help those called into the kingdom of God. There is way more going on on the inside then is on the out side. If there inst then maybe things are not what you think they are. All things are fullfilled in Christ all things are now for those with eyes to see and ears to hear.
    All others continue to wait and will not turn so He would heal them and make them whole. In Christ the old has passed away and all things have been made new. What or who will you believe. All who tell you to wait or the one who said it is finished. Decisions Decisions.

terraricca
    Participant

Quote (Nick Hassan @ Feb. 21 2012,18:45)
    Hi T,
    Why would you rate created things alongside God's Spirit?

Nick

not all people are satisfied with soup,some like to know what is inside the soup ,see when Christ came the apostles did not just amen ,they questioning the Christ ,and so walk with him, have you read the gospels ???

terraricca
    Participant

Quote (cavedave @ Feb. 22 2012,09:12)
    Everthing on the out side all we can see with our eyes are pictures of spritural truth and the the truth is Christ and Christ is now in us. Or as Paul said unless you fail the test.
    If Christ is in you then so is all of the kingdom of God and all that it is about. The natural world we live in is made up of seas trees grass mountains rivers all things you will find in scripture that speak about spritural truth. Painted by the hand of the one true God to help those called into the kingdom of God. There is way more going on on the inside then is on the out side. If there inst then maybe things are not what you think they are. All things are fullfilled in Christ all things are now for those with eyes to see and ears to hear.
    All others continue to wait and will not turn so He would heal them and make them whole. In Christ the old has passed away and all things have been made new. What or who will you believe. All who tell you to wait or the one who said it is finished. Decisions Decisions.

cavedave

this seems to be much about a presentation of a big talk full of no were to bring you.

NickHassan
    Participant

Hi T,
    They were carnal men till he died and they were given the Spirit.
    The Spirit teaches but not according to the natural mind.
    Be transformed by the renewal of your mind

Ed J
    Participant

Quote (shimmer @ Feb. 21 2012,22:02)

Hi CaveDave,

What did you see,
    and what did you here?

God bless
    Ed J

Hi Cavedave, Amen.

Hi Shimmer,

Did you have an experience like CaveDave?

God bless

cavedave
    Participant

Quote (terraricca @ Feb. 22 2012,02:29)

cavedave

this seems to be much about a presentation of a big talk full of no were to bring you.

If that is all you see a big talk then that is all you see.
    I was speaking to those who have ears to hear all others will just think it is a big noise. And that is just fine. If God himself does not open ones eyes to truth all the big talk in the world will do no good in fact little talk will do no good either. I am sorry you wasted your time reading my big talk and seen no benafit in what you read.

cavedave
    Participant

Quote (Nick Hassan @ Feb. 22 2012,02:32)
    Hi T,

Hello Nick
    I precieve there is wisdom in them there words.
    You dont say a lot brother but the little I have read seems good to me.
    Thank You.

terraricca
    Participant

Quote (Nick Hassan @ Feb. 22 2012,09:32)
    Hi T,

circular go no were

terraricca
    Participant

Quote (cavedave @ Feb. 22 2012,10:52)

Quote (terraricca @ Feb. 22 2012,02:29)

cavedave

If that is all you see a big talk then that is all you see.
    I was speaking to those who have ears to hear all others will just think it is a big noise. And that is just fine. If God himself does not open ones eyes to truth all the big talk in the world will do no good in fact little talk will do no good either. I am sorry you wasted your time reading my big talk and seen no benafit in what you read.

cavedave

I was speaking to those who have ears to hear

are you God ????????????????????????????????? :)

NickHassan
    Participant

Hi T,
    Listen with your heart.

Viewing 20 posts - 4,301 through 4,320 (of 25,907 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

© 1999 - 2024 Heaven Net

Navigation

© 1999 - 2023 - Heaven Net
or

or    

Forgot your details?

or

Create Account