JOHN 1:1 who is the WORD?

Viewing 20 posts - 341 through 360 (of 25,870 total)
  • Author

Quote (Nick Hassan @ Mar. 20 2007,19:53)
    Hi,
    Is the logos the monogenes son of God?
    I believe it is clear he was a being in his own right.
    I believe he was the firstborn son used by God in creation.

NH

Again, show me a scripture where the Son was a Son before he was born a Son!

As you always say NH…

Inference is a poor witness to truth.

Scripture my friend!

:)

NickHassan
    Participant

Hi W,
    Your memory lacks.
    The monogenes son was sent into the world.
    Try 1Jn 4
    ” 9In this was manifested the love of God toward us, because that God sent his only begotten Son into the world, that we might live through him.

10Herein is love, not that we loved God, but that he loved us, and sent his Son to be the propitiation for our sins”
    Rom 8
    ” 3For what the law could not do, in that it was weak through the flesh, God sending his own Son in the likeness of sinful flesh, and for sin, condemned sin in the flesh: “
    Mt 21
    “37But last of all he sent unto them his son, saying, They will reverence my son.

38But when the husbandmen saw the son, they said among themselves, This is the heir; “

Quote (Nick Hassan @ Mar. 20 2007,20:32)
    Hi W,
    Your memory lacks.
    Try 1Jn 4
    ” 9In this was manifested the love of God toward us, because that God sent his only begotten Son into the world, that we might live through him.

10Herein is love, not that we loved God, but that he loved us, and sent his Son to be the propitiation for our sins”
    Rom 8
    ” 3For what the law could not do, in that it was weak through the flesh, God sending his own Son in the likeness of sinful flesh, and for sin, condemned sin in the flesh: “
    Mt 21
    “37But last of all he sent unto them his son, saying, They will reverence my son.

38But when the husbandmen saw the son, they said among themselves, This is the heir; “

NH

So he was a Son who was born a Son?

No, He was the Word/God who was sent to be born a Son.

Monogenes simply means “unique”, Jesus is the “Unique” Son of God because he is the Lord from heaven who took on the likeness of sinfull flesh and was born a man and became a Son!

Matt 1:24,25
    Then Joseph being raised from sleep did as the angel of the Lord had bidden him, and took unto him his wife:
    And knew her not till she had brought forth her firstborn son: and he called his name JESUS.

Lk 1:45
    35] And the angel answered and said unto her, The Holy Ghost shall come upon thee, and the power of the Highest shall overshadow thee: therefore also that holy thing which shall be born of thee shall be called the Son of God.

You see he wasnt even called the Son of God untill he was born.

Did he have flesh like us before he was born?

You say he was like us in everyway, how could he be the Son of God like us if he didnt have flesh?

He is the Son of God, God in the flesh. The Lord from heaven!

NickHassan
    Participant

Quote (WorshippingJesus @ Mar. 20 2007,21:17)

Hi W,
    Your memory lacks.
    Try 1Jn 4

Rom 8
    Mt 21

NH

Monogenes simply means “unique”, Jesus is the “Unique” Son of God because he is the Lord from heaven who took on the likeness of sinfull flesh and was born a man and became a Son!

Then Joseph being raised from sleep did as the angel of the Lord had bidden him, and took unto him his wife:
    And knew her not till she had brought forth her firstborn son: and he called his name JESUS.

35] And the angel answered and said unto her, The Holy Ghost shall come upon thee, and the power of the Highest shall overshadow thee: therefore also that holy thing which shall be born of thee shall be called the Son of God.

You say he was like us in everyway, how could he be the Son of God like us if he didnt have flesh?

Hi W,
    The Son of God was born a son of God and man.

The word monogenes means more than just unique.
    He was
    Unique in his being-below God and above the angels.
    Unique in having been derived directly from God as an image.
    Unique in his role as the firstborn Son, the heir.
    Unique in that all the creation of God came through him.

Phoenix
    Participant

Ohhh man…. someone did warn me that the Bible can make you go crazy :p

NickHassan
    Participant

Hi P,
    Acts 26
    ” 24And as he thus spake for himself, Festus said with a loud voice, Paul, thou art beside thyself; much learning doth make thee mad.

25But he said, I am not mad, most noble Festus; but speak forth the words of truth and soberness.

Phoenix
    Participant

Well WJ is right. Jesus became the Son of God when he was born.

Before Jesus was 'begotten', Nick, who or what do you honestly think Jesus was before he was sent to us?

Hugs

NickHassan
    Participant

Hi P,
    The firstborn son.
    Before the foundations of the earthj were laid God had sons[Jb 38].
    The Word was the firstborn, begotten of God alone as in Ps 2

Quote (Nick Hassan @ Mar. 20 2007,21:45)

Quote (WorshippingJesus @ Mar. 20 2007,21:17)

Hi W,
    Your memory lacks.
    Try 1Jn 4

Rom 8
    Mt 21

NH

Hi W,
    The Son of God was born a son of God and man.

The word monogenes means more than just unique.
    He was
    Unique in his being-below God and above the angels.
    Unique in having been derived directly from God as an image.
    Unique in his role as the firstborn Son, the heir.
    Unique in that all the creation of God came through him.

NH

My understanding is a Son Implys there is a Father and a Mother.

So If Jesus was a Son before he was born a Son then who was his Mother?

???

NickHassan
    Participant

Hi W,
    Your vision is limited to the earthly realm.
    Gen 6
    ” 1And it came to pass, when men began to multiply on the face of the earth, and daughters were born unto them,

2That the sons of God saw the daughters of men that they were fair; and they took them wives of all which they chose.”

Where are their mothers?

Phoenix
    Participant

Hi Nick

Before the foundations of the earthj were laid God had sons[Jb 38].

I assume you were talking about Ps 38:7
    7 while the morning stars sang together
          and all the angels [a] shouted for joy?

[a] Job 38:7 Hebrew the sons of God

But if you were talking about Job 38:21
    21 Surely you know, for you were already born!
          You have lived so many years!

KJV  21Knowest thou it, because thou wast then born? or because the number of thy days is great?

Then I dont know what to think of that but to speculate that maybe we were all spirits when the foundations were being laid. I do understand that God stresses the vast difference between the God of All Creation and a puny man. Which is why God states in the beginning…

Job 38:2
    2 “Who is this that darkens my counsel
          with words without knowledge?

The Word was the firstborn, begotten of God alone as in Ps 2

That chapter sounds like David repeating a prophesy that Nathan told him in 2Samuel. God's promise to David. It doesnt state that it was the word or the firstborn. Actually it talks about what IS to Come. I think. My mind is really sore after all that reading today lol.

So, really, what you claim does not state what Jesus was in the beginning before he was begotten.

Hugs
    Phoenix

NickHassan
    Participant

Hi P,
    The unique and only begotten son, the image of God Himself.
    Greater than all the angels including the other sons of God.

Phoenix
    Participant

Quote (Nick Hassan @ Mar. 25 2007,09:56)
    Hi P,

Hi Nick

Ok, lets put aside the angels… so who are the 'other' sons of God?

Hugs
    Phoenix

NickHassan
    Participant

Quote (Phoenix @ Mar. 25 2007,11:59)

Quote (Nick Hassan @ Mar. 25 2007,09:56)
    Hi P,

Hi Nick

Ok, lets put aside the angels… so who are the 'other' sons of God?

Hugs
    Phoenix

Hi P,
    I have shown you the others scripture calls the sons of God.

If they are also known as gods, archangels, princes, perhaps even elders, it does not change the fact that they are known in scripture as sons of God.

Is 1:18
    Participant

If they are also known as gods, archangels, princes, perhaps even elders, it does not change the fact that they are known in scripture as sons of God.

Oh, you mean they were creatures? Well yes, I agree.

Proclaimer
    Participant

Yes they were creatures.

Christ is not a creature because all that is created is that which came from God and through Christ.

Christ was begotten. That is one of the central messages that is taught here. He was begotten, not created. This is why he is unique. He came from God and all else came from Christ.

God > Vine > Branches.
    God > Christ > Man > Woman.

This is the order that scripture shows.

The head of the woman is man, the head of the man is Christ, and the head of Christ is God.

Who is the head of God? No one.

There is one mediator between God and man.

Jesus is unique. The only begotten. The first born.
    Let scripture show you who Jesus is. You will be blessed if you do and the truth will set you free from the bondage of man and his philosophies.

NickHassan
    Participant

topical

NickHassan
    Participant

Hi,
    1Jn 1
    “1That which was from the beginning, which we have heard, which we have seen with our eyes, which we have looked upon, and our hands have handled, of the Word of life;

2(For the life was manifested, and we have seen it, and bear witness, and shew unto you that eternal life, which was with the Father, and was manifested unto us;)

3That which we have seen and heard declare we unto you, that ye also may have fellowship with us: and truly our fellowship is with the Father, and with his Son Jesus Christ.

4And these things write we unto you, that your joy may be full.”

So the Son of God, Jesus Christ, is the Word.

Jn 1.
    ” 1In the beginning was the Word, and the Word was with God, and the Word was God.

2The same was in the beginning with God.”

Many tell is the WORD, Christ IS God.
    Scripture does not agree.
    The Word WAS God.
    What gives?

Tim2
    Participant

Nick,

That's got to be the worst argument I've ever heard. You are saying that God ceased to be God. That's ridiculous.

Tim

NickHassan
    Participant

Hi Tim2,
    That is one approach.
    I was rather hoping you would address the question.

Viewing 20 posts - 341 through 360 (of 25,870 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

© 1999 - 2024 Heaven Net

Navigation

© 1999 - 2023 - Heaven Net
or

or    

Forgot your details?

or

Create Account