JOHN 1:1 who is the WORD?

Viewing 20 posts - 321 through 340 (of 25,870 total)
  • Author

Also I wonder if God really does know everything in advance.

t8

What is this? How could the Father know and number the stars and the sand on the seashore and give us prophetic word centurys in advance if did not know everything?

???

NickHassan
    Participant

Hi w,
    That seems a reasonable supposition.
    But is it written?
    If not since we do not know the boundaries of what can be known we cannot be sure.
    It will have to remain a reasonable supposition.

Hi w,
    That seems a reasonable supposition.
    But is it written?
    If not since we do not know the boundaries of what can be known we cannot be sure.
    It will have to remain a reasonable supposition.

Hey Nick

Will scripture do?

KJV
    19] And hereby we know that we are of the truth, and shall assure our hearts before him.
    [20] For if our heart condemn us, God is greater than our heart, **and knoweth all things**.

YLT
    3:19 and in this we know that of the truth we are, and before Him we shall assure our hearts, 3:20 because if our heart may condemn — because greater is God than our heart, and **He does know all things**.

Pss 104:1 Bless the LORD, O my soul. O LORD my God, thou art very great; thou art clothed with honour and majesty.
    [2] Who coverest thyself with light as with a garment: who stretchest out the heavens like a curtain:
    [3] Who layeth the beams of his chambers in the waters: who maketh the clouds his chariot: who walketh upon the wings of the wind:
    [4] Who maketh his angels spirits; his ministers a flaming fire:
    [5] Who laid the foundations of the earth, that it should not be removed for ever.
    [6] Thou coveredst it with the deep as with a garment: the waters stood above the mountains.
    [7] At thy rebuke they fled; at the voice of thy thunder they hasted away.
    [8] They go up by the mountains; they go down by the valleys unto the place which thou hast founded for them.
    [9] Thou hast set a bound that they may not pass over; that they turn not again to cover the earth.
    [10] He sendeth the springs into the valleys, which run among the hills.
    [11] They give drink to every beast of the field: the wild asses quench their thirst.
    [12] By them shall the fowls of the heaven have their habitation, which sing among the branches.
    [13] He watereth the hills from his chambers: the earth is satisfied with the fruit of thy works.
    [14] He causeth the grass to grow for the cattle, and herb for the service of man: that he may bring forth food out of the earth;
    [15] And wine that maketh glad the heart of man, and oil to make his face to shine, and bread which strengtheneth man's heart.
    [16] The trees of the LORD are full of sap; the cedars of Lebanon, which he hath planted;
    [17] Where the birds make their nests: as for the stork, the fir trees are her house.
    [18] The high hills are a refuge for the wild goats; and the rocks for the conies.
    [19] He appointed the moon for seasons: the sun knoweth his going down.
    [20] Thou makest darkness, and it is night: wherein all the beasts of the forest do creep forth.
    [21] The young lions roar after their prey, and seek their meat from God.
    [22] The sun ariseth, they gather themselves together, and lay them down in their dens.
    [23] Man goeth forth unto his work and to his labour until the evening.
    [24] **O LORD, how manifold are thy works! in wisdom hast thou made them all: the earth is full of thy riches.**
    [25] So is this great and wide sea, wherein are things creeping innumerable, both small and great beasts.
    [26] There go the ships: there is that leviathan, whom thou hast made to play therein.
    [27] These wait all upon thee; that thou mayest give them their meat in due season.
    [28] That thou givest them they gather: thou openest thine hand, they are filled with good.
    [29] Thou hidest thy face, they are troubled: thou takest away their breath, they die, and return to their dust.
    [30] Thou sendest forth thy spirit, they are created: and thou renewest the face of the earth.
    [31] The glory of the LORD shall endure for ever: the LORD shall rejoice in his works.
    [32] He looketh on the earth, and it trembleth: he toucheth the hills, and they smoke.
    [33] I will sing unto the LORD as long as I live: I will sing praise to my God while I have my being.
    [34] My meditation of him shall be sweet: I will be glad in the LORD.
    [35] Let the sinners be consumed out of the earth, and let the wicked be no more. Bless thou the LORD, O my soul. Praise ye the LORD.

Blessings :)

Proclaimer
    Participant

To WorshippingJesus.

Quote (WorshippingJesus @ Nov. 14 2006,02:35)

t8

What is this? How could the Father know and number the stars and the sand on the seashore and give us prophetic word centurys in advance if did not know everything?

???

Not sure where you got that, was it me that posted it?

If so, I may have been referring to free will.
    I might have been asking to what extent free will is set free.

Of course God knows all things that he wills, we both agree with that. I may have been asking if free will is where God gives up the right of his will over another, but in the hope that the person uses that freedom to choose God's will. If so, does that also include the knowledge of what people choose in the future or doesn't it.

I would have to know where I said that, if I did, and the context, to answer what I meant exactly, although that has appears to have little to do with the subject of this discussion.

:)

Posted: Nov. 05 2004,10:10  

——————————————————————————–
    Genesis 6:7
    The LORD said, “I will blot out man whom I have created from the face of the land, from man to animals to creeping things and to birds of the sky; for I am sorry that I have made them.”

This verse indicates that God was sorry for creating man.

If God gives us free-will, then perhaps that is the same as giving us the right to choose, so that he (God) chooses to not have that control. Yes God has a plan that will happen regardless, but we choose where we will end up in it. I suppose that this is not related to this post, but if someone wants to talk about pre-destination, then maybe we can start up a discussion about that.

Also the Logos to me is like the word 'truth'. You can say I have the truth or what is the truth. But Jesus is the truth personified. So 'truth', 'life', 'way' are adjectives, but are also titles concerning Christ. Logos is treated in the same way.  

Jesus is called the Word of God in Revelation 19:13
    He is dressed in a robe dipped in blood, and his name is the Word of God

The word Logos is used here and it says that Logos is his name

Hey t8

Here it is? I was catching up on some previous posts and saw this, kinda took me back! Sorry I know its late!

If you would like to reply.:)

NickHassan
    Participant

Hi,
    Logos means Word. But does the Word always mean Jesus?

NickHassan
    Participant

Hi ,
    M42 has this to say in another thread.
    “What I would say is ask you to clarify your question. What do you say is the definition of “word” as used in John 1. If you say it is literally Jesus and therefore proves He is God, I would ask you why when over 95% of the times logos is used in scripture it means statement or expression of a thought/idea/intention. I would ask why you chose to ignor the primary definition as listed in every language and biblical dictionary I have ever seen (and that is quite a few)
    I would ask why in pevious posts you admit you do not know why John used the term Logos and yet you propose to teach what it means.
    I would ask what purpose is your definition outside of proving your doctrine. What does it do to help me be like Christ?

As to my definition of Logos? —–
    I have included Hebrew and Greek language proofs and you reject them.
    I have included proof from biblical dictionaries and you reject them.
    I have included proof from language dictionaries and you reject them.
    I show you how understanding the way in which Hebrews viewed those particular terms, concepts and verses and you reject it.

When I ask why you reject it you say you just want to use scripture. I say OK fine. Here you go. —–

I include scriptural cross references where Logos is used proving the overwhelming 95% agreement with my definition and you reject it.

I show you from a functional standpoint how Jesus as the expression of God’s plan, purpose or intentions is fullfilled in Christ, making Him the perfect example and you not only reject it but offer no functional proof to support your definition.

If you reject the meaning of Greek words, If you reject the meaning of Hebrew words, If you reject the belief that Hebrew culture was far different then our culture and refuse to see it’s impact on what they wrote or the functionality of what you teach, then you cannot claim any true understanding of scripture.”

NickHassan
    Participant

topical

Phoenix
    Participant

Hi

In my bible there is a little excerpt there that says this…

An 8 yr old girl was asked why Jesus was called the Word. She replied “Because Jesus is all God wanted to say to us.”

Interesting

Hugs
    Phoenix

NickHassan
    Participant

Hi,
    Logos does not mean a plan.
    God spoke the logos into being.
    Isaiah 45:23
    I have sworn by myself, the word is gone out of my mouth in righteousness, and shall not return, That unto me every knee shall bow, every tongue shall swear

Quote (Nick Hassan @ Nov. 21 2006,08:43)
    Hi,

NH

The Word that was with God and was God does!!!

Quote (Nick Hassan @ Mar. 19 2007,22:44)
    Hi,
    I have sworn by myself, the word is gone out of my mouth in righteousness, and shall not return, That unto me every knee shall bow, every tongue shall swear

NH

There is no scripture that says the Word had a beginning or was spoke into being!

NickHassan
    Participant

Quote (WorshippingJesus @ Mar. 19 2007,23:01)

Hi,

NH

There is no scripture that says the Word had a beginning or was spoke into being!

Hi W,
    Jesus is the Word and God spoke through him.
    Can you discern which is which?

Isaiah 50:4
    The Lord GOD hath given me the tongue of the learned, that I should know how to speak a word in season to him that is weary: he wakeneth morning by morning, he wakeneth mine ear to hear as the learned.

I have sworn by myself, the word is gone out of my mouth in righteousness, and shall not return, That unto me every knee shall bow, every tongue shall swear.

Isaiah 55:11
    So shall my word be that goeth forth out of my mouth: it shall not return unto me void, but it shall accomplish that which I please, and it shall prosper in the thing whereto I sent it.

Either way a word does not exist until that plan or thought is expressed .

TimothyVI
    Participant

Quote (WorshippingJesus @ Mar. 19 2007,22:59)

Hi,

NH

Hi Worshipping Jesus,

This has nothing to do with your post. It is just that the way you worded it reminded me of a line out of a southern gospel song that I love. It goes like this:

He's the God who made the universe
    and set the stars in place
    He's still working miracles
    I can see them all over the place

He's not the OGd who one time did
    He is the God that does
    That's why they call him the Great I Am
    and not the Great I was.

Sorry for interupting the thread.

Tim

Quote (TimothyVI @ Mar. 19 2007,23:09)

Quote (WorshippingJesus @ Mar. 19 2007,22:59)

Hi,

NH

Hi Worshipping Jesus,

This has nothing to do with your post. It is just that the way you worded it reminded me of a line out of a southern gospel song that I love. It goes like this:

He's the God who made the universe
    and set the stars in place
    He's still working miracles
    I can see them all over the place

He's not the OGd who one time did
    He is the God that does
    That's why they call him the Great I Am
    and not the Great I was.

Sorry for interupting the thread.

Tim

Tim

So who is the great I Am in this song?

NickHassan
    Participant

Hi,
    Some should be weeping rather than singing songs.
    They teach what Jesus did not teach.
    On whose authority?

TimothyVI
    Participant

Quote (Nick Hassan @ Mar. 20 2007,01:17)
    Hi,
    Some should be weeping rather than singing songs.
    They teach what Jesus did not teach.
    On whose authority?

True Nick.

On whose authority are the ones teaching what Jesus did not teach, disclosed? Yours?

The problem is that each person here is sure in their heart that they are relaying what Jesus taught.

Tim

NickHassan
    Participant

Hi Tim,
    Agreed.
    Lets be specific,
    There is no teaching about trinity in any book of the bible.

NickHassan
    Participant

Hi,
    Is the logos the monogenes son of God?
    I believe it is clear he was a being in his own right.
    I believe he was the firstborn son used by God in creation.

Quote (Nick Hassan @ Mar. 19 2007,23:07)

Quote (WorshippingJesus @ Mar. 19 2007,23:01)

Hi,

NH

Hi W,
    Jesus is the Word and God spoke through him.
    Can you discern which is which?

Isaiah 50:4
    The Lord GOD hath given me the tongue of the learned, that I should know how to speak a word in season to him that is weary: he wakeneth morning by morning, he wakeneth mine ear to hear as the learned.

I have sworn by myself, the word is gone out of my mouth in righteousness, and shall not return, That unto me every knee shall bow, every tongue shall swear.

Isaiah 55:11
    So shall my word be that goeth forth out of my mouth: it shall not return unto me void, but it shall accomplish that which I please, and it shall prosper in the thing whereto I sent it.

Either way a word does not exist until that plan or thought is expressed .

NH

Tell me. Is the Word of God Eternal! Or at some point back through eternity was God just a silent nothing?

???

Viewing 20 posts - 321 through 340 (of 25,870 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

© 1999 - 2024 Heaven Net

Navigation

© 1999 - 2023 - Heaven Net
or

or    

Forgot your details?

or

Create Account