JOHN 1:1 who is the WORD?

Viewing 20 posts - 3,281 through 3,300 (of 25,908 total)
  • Author
    KangarooJack
    Participant

Quote (georg @ Oct. 06 2009,13:08)

Quote (thethinker @ Oct. 06 2009,12:52)
    CA said:

TT,

I'm a bit surprised that you read into this text (2 Cor 3:7-18) something that is not there.

But we all, with unveiled face, beholding as in a mirror the glory of the Lord, are being transformed into the same image from glory to glory, just as by the Spirit of the Lord.[/color]

“we all”…St. Paul is including himself.  “being transformed” speaks of a process.  

Our life here is a process of sanctification or reprobation.

CA,
    The lesser “glory” was that of Moses. The greater “glory” was that of Christ. So to be changed into the same image from glory to glory is to be changed from the image of Moses to the image of Christ. It means that we live according to the spirit and not the letter. You say that we need to be sanctified.  Paul taught that sanctification cannot come by the letter (Moses). It comes by the spirit (Christ). The one who lives according to the spirit is the “mature man” who is in the image of Christ. The one who continues with the letter is the “child” who cannot be sanctified. He cannot be sanctified because “the letter killeth.”

Let's not put the cart before the horse. Paul said that we all would come into the unity of the faith unto a “mature man”, that is, the “man” who operates on the spirit level.

thinker

thinker you need to come out of the understanding of the trinity, before you even worship in Spirit and in Truth.  
    Math. 15:9
    Rev. 18:4
    Peace and Love Irene

Whatever! At least I worship. You don't go to church and therefore you are not worshipping. Even new covenant worship is a corporate event and must involve our gathering together. We are commanded to bear one another's burdens and you can't do that if you don't go to church. So take the beam out of your own eye.

You promised me you would not debate me anymore.

thinker

NickHassan
    Participant

Hi TT,
    You are an acknowledged leader among trinity evolutionists here.
    Jesus obeyed the OT law perfectly in the eyes of the One Who justifies.
    Found clean he was anointed and filled with the Spirit of God that we might find justification too in him.

KangarooJack
    Participant

Quote (Nick Hassan @ Oct. 06 2009,18:41)
    Hi TT,
    You are an acknowledged leader among trinity evolutionists here.
    Jesus obeyed the OT law perfectly in the eyes of the One Who justifies.
    Found clean he was anointed and filled with the Spirit of God that we might find justification too in him.

???

georg
    Participant

Quote (thethinker @ Oct. 06 2009,18:38)

CA said:

TT,

I'm a bit surprised that you read into this text (2 Cor 3:7-18) something that is not there.

But we all, with unveiled face, beholding as in a mirror the glory of the Lord, are being transformed into the same image from glory to glory, just as by the Spirit of the Lord.[/color]

“we all”…St. Paul is including himself.  “being transformed” speaks of a process.  

CA,
    The lesser “glory” was that of Moses. The greater “glory” was that of Christ. So to be changed into the same image from glory to glory is to be changed from the image of Moses to the image of Christ. It means that we live according to the spirit and not the letter. You say that we need to be sanctified.  Paul taught that sanctification cannot come by the letter (Moses). It comes by the spirit (Christ). The one who lives according to the spirit is the “mature man” who is in the image of Christ. The one who continues with the letter is the “child” who cannot be sanctified. He cannot be sanctified because “the letter killeth.”

Let's not put the cart before the horse. Paul said that we all would come into the unity of the faith unto a “mature man”, that is, the “man” who operates on the spirit level.

thinker

thinker you need to come out of the understanding of the trinity, before you even worship in Spirit and in Truth.  
    Peace and Love Irene

Whatever! At least I worship. You don't go to church and therefore you are not worshipping. Even new covenant worship is a corporate event and must involve our gathering together. We are commanded to bear one another's burdens and you can't do that if you don't go to church. So take the beam out of your own eye.

thinker

But you worsjp in vain according to Math. 15:9 And in vain they  worship Me, teaching as the doctrine the commandment
    of men.
    Rev. 18:4 ….”Come out of her my people, lest you share in her sins,and lest you receive of her plagues.
    The trinity doctrine is of a man.

Let me give you another Scripture besides Ephesians 4:6 one God and Father of all, who is above all and in us all.

1Corinth.11:3 the Head of every man is Christ, the Head of a woman is man, and the Head of Christ is God.

1Corinth. 8:4″ And that there is none other God but ONE.”

Deut. 4:35″ Unto Thee it wa shewed, that though mightest know that the LORD He is God there is none else beside Him.”

Deut; 6:4 “Hear O Israel.” The LORD our God is ONE LORD.”

I will not go to any Church cause most teach the tinity, and I will not worship in vain.
    You have been warned, to come out of her my People.  It is up to you, not me. What you really need to do is study Ancient History. And that God was only greater then Jesus before He went back to the Father, is simple not so. The trinity is not of God.
    Peace and Love Irene

GeneBalthrop
    Participant

Irene………Amen to that POST.

peace and love to you and Georg………………….gene

Quote (georg @ Oct. 06 2009,19:35)

CA said:

TT,

CA,

thinker

Peace and Love Irene

thinker

But you worsjp in vain according to Math. 15:9 And in vain they  worship Me, teaching as the doctrine the commandment
    of men.
    Rev. 18:4 ….”Come out of her my people, lest you share in her sins,and lest you receive of her plagues.

Let me give you another Scripture besides Ephesians 4:6 one God and Father of all, who is above all and in us all.

1Corinth.11:3 the Head of every man is Christ, the Head of a woman is man, and the Head of Christ is God.

Deut. 4:35″ Unto Thee it wa shewed, that though mightest know that the LORD He is God there is none else beside Him.”

I will not go to any Church cause most teach the tinity, and I will not worship in vain.
    You have been warned, to come out of her my People.  It is up to you, not me.  What you really need to do is study Ancient History.  And that God was only greater then Jesus before He went back to the Father, is simple not so.  The trinity is not of God.
    Peace and Love Irene

Not forsaking our assembly, as some are accustomed; but comforting one another, and so much the more as you see the day approaching. For if we sin wilfully after having the knowledge of the truth, there is now left no sacrifice for sins, But a certain dreadful expectation of judgment, and the rage of a fire which shall consume the adversaries.

– Heb. 10:25-27

NickHassan
    Participant

Hi CA,
    Indeed fellowship with the Father and the Son in the Spirit is the way of the body of Christ.[2Jn]
    But sharing a table with belial is abhorred.[1Cor10]
    Catholicism is of the world.

Participant

Quote (CatholicApologist @ Oct. 06 2009,17:39)

Quote (942767 @ Oct. 06 2009,16:06)

Quote (thethinker @ Oct. 06 2009,12:36)

Quote (942767 @ Oct. 06 2009,09:21)

Quote (thethinker @ Oct. 03 2009,12:20)
    Marty said:

Does God have to be justified in the Spirit?

A sinless man does not have to be justified in the spirit. Jesus was a sinless man. Therefore, He didn't have to be justified in the spirit.

Think it through Marty. Jesus needed to be justified in the spirit because He bore the sins of the world. It was only as our sin-bearer that He would even need to be justified in the spirit. And only God could take the sins of all mankind upon Himsef. Therefore, God would have to be justified in the spirit.

thinker

Hi thethinker:

This is what the scripture states:

Hbr 5:8   Though he were a Son, yet learned he obedience by the things which he suffered;  
    Hbr 5:9   And being made perfect, he became the author of eternal salvation unto all them that obey him;  

Rom 1:3   Concerning his Son Jesus Christ our Lord, which was made of the seed of David according to the flesh;  
    Rom 1:4   And declared [to be] the Son of God with power, according to the spirit of holiness, by the resurrection from the dead:  

Jesus was tempted in every way but obeyed God without sin even unto death on the cross, and therefore, the scriptures state that he was justified in the Spirit.  He could have sinned, but he did not.

Love in Christ,
    Marty

He did not sin. A sinless man does not need to be justified. Jesus was justified because he bore our sins. It simply means that His sacrifice was accepted. That's all.

thnker

Hi Thethinker:

The scripture that which we started said someone was justified in the Spirit.

And so, to whom do you think that it applies?

Love in Christ,
    Marty

It is so sad to see you study Scripture as though you were on an archeological expedition.  

If you would just ask the church that wrote these things, you would get answers that could provide certitude and assurance.

Hi CA:

No, if there is a question about anything that God supposedly said, I will ask Him if he said it.

He isn't dead, and is able to answer for Himself.

Love in Christ,
    Marty

georg
    Participant

Quote (CatholicApologist @ Oct. 07 2009,06:26)

CA said:

TT,

CA,

thinker

Peace and Love Irene

thinker

of men.

You have been warned, to come out of her my People.  It is up to you, not me.  What you really need to do is study Ancient History.  And that God was only greater then Jesus before He went back to the Father, is simple not so.  The trinity is not of God.
    Peace and Love Irene

Not forsaking our assembly, as some are accustomed; but comforting one another, and so much the more as you see the day approaching. For if we sin wilfully after having the knowledge of the truth, there is now left no sacrifice for sins, But a certain dreadful expectation of judgment, and the rage of a fire which shall consume the adversaries.

God's Church is Spiritual and not the Catholic Church or any other Church that preaches the trinity doctrine.
    Math. 15:9 ..In vain do they worship Me, teaching the doctrine the commadment of men.  The trinity is a man made doctrine and not of God.  But you and others just don't want to see and are so blind.  In Spirit and in Truth do we worship.  Christ is the head of our Church and not the Pope.
    Rev.l8:4…”Come out of her my people,lest you share in her sins, and lest you receive of her of her plagues.”

GeneBalthrop
    Participant

Georg…………Amen to that post.

gene

Quote (942767 @ Oct. 07 2009,09:54)

Marty said:

A sinless man does not have to be justified in the spirit. Jesus was a sinless man. Therefore, He didn't have to be justified in the spirit.

Think it through Marty. Jesus needed to be justified in the spirit because He bore the sins of the world. It was only as our sin-bearer that He would even need to be justified in the spirit. And only God could take the sins of all mankind upon Himsef. Therefore, God would have to be justified in the spirit.

thinker

Hi thethinker:

Hbr 5:8   Though he were a Son, yet learned he obedience by the things which he suffered;  
    Hbr 5:9   And being made perfect, he became the author of eternal salvation unto all them that obey him;  

Rom 1:3   Concerning his Son Jesus Christ our Lord, which was made of the seed of David according to the flesh;  
    Rom 1:4   And declared [to be] the Son of God with power, according to the spirit of holiness, by the resurrection from the dead:  

Jesus was tempted in every way but obeyed God without sin even unto death on the cross, and therefore, the scriptures state that he was justified in the Spirit.  He could have sinned, but he did not.

Love in Christ,
    Marty

He did not sin. A sinless man does not need to be justified. Jesus was justified because he bore our sins. It simply means that His sacrifice was accepted. That's all.

thnker

Hi Thethinker:

Love in Christ,
    Marty

It is so sad to see you study Scripture as though you were on an archeological expedition.  

If you would just ask the church that wrote these things, you would get answers that could provide certitude and assurance.

Hi CA:

No, if there is a question about anything that God supposedly said, I will ask Him if he said it.

Love in Christ,
    Marty

So what do you do when I claim that He said something that contradicts what you claim He said?

You are the infallible tie breaker between us?

Quote (georg @ Oct. 07 2009,11:07)

Quote (CatholicApologist @ Oct. 07 2009,06:26)

CA said:

TT,

CA,

thinker

Peace and Love Irene

thinker

of men.

Peace and Love Irene

God's Church is Spiritual and not the Catholic Church or any other Church that preaches the trinity doctrine.
    Math. 15:9 ..In vain do they worship Me, teaching the doctrine the commadment of men.  The trinity is a man made doctrine and not of God.  But you and others just don't want to see and are so blind.  In Spirit and in Truth do we worship.  Christ is the head of our Church and not the Pope.
    Rev.l8:4…”Come out of her my people,lest you share in her sins, and lest you receive of her of her plagues.”

God's church is spiritual and physical. (physical…thus it is the BODY of Christ) You don't like that Scripture do you? Here it is again:

Participant

Quote (CatholicApologist @ Oct. 07 2009,13:42)

Marty said:

thinker

Hi thethinker:

Love in Christ,
    Marty

thnker

Hi Thethinker:

Love in Christ,
    Marty

Hi CA:

Love in Christ,
    Marty

So what do you do when I claim that He said something that contradicts what you claim He said?

Hi CA:

If we disagree, then let's just join hands in prayer asking God to either correct me or you.

He knows what He said, and He also is the judge.

Love in Christ,
    Marty

Quote (942767 @ Oct. 07 2009,13:47)

Quote (CatholicApologist @ Oct. 07 2009,13:42)

Marty said:

thinker

Hi thethinker:

Love in Christ,
    Marty

thnker

Hi Thethinker:

Love in Christ,
    Marty

Hi CA:

Love in Christ,
    Marty

Hi CA:

If we disagree, then let's just join hands in prayer asking God to either correct me or you.

He knows what He said, and He also is the judge.

Love in Christ,
    Marty

Great. So when do you want to come to the Catholic Church?

NickHassan
    Participant

Hi CA,
    Would you suggest we go back to roll in the mud of man's folly?

KangarooJack
    Participant

Irene said:

Peace and Love Irene

Irene's statement above is an example of how people exchange one “error” for another. Those who worship God in vain are no worse than those who don't worship Him at all.

Thinker: False worshiper

Irene: Non-worshiper

God: Both are unacceptable

Btw, the “doctrines and commmandents of men” had specific reference to that which put men under the yoke of bondage. If we understand it the way Irene does then ALL of us are damned.

I marvel that Irene can say that those who honor the Son EVEN AS they honor the Father are “vain” worshipers. God must be believed on “in His own dispensation.” This means that each generation is responsible to obey the revelation that was given specifically to them. The revelation given to all generations of the new covenant  is “HONOR THE SON.” Those who do not comply do not believe in God.

Therefore, Irene is both a non-believer as well as a non-worshiper.

thinker

NickHassan
    Participant

Hi TT,
    THEREFORE scores another point you would hope but scripture does not need your logic.
    Men should also have honored the prophets as they too bore the words of God.

KangarooJack
    Participant

Quote (Nick Hassan @ Oct. 09 2009,04:13)
    Hi TT,
    THEREFORE scores another point you would hope but scripture does not need your logic.
    Men should also have honored the prophets as they too bore the words of God.

The Father did not commit ALL judgment to the prophets. He committed all judgment to the Son. So Jesus deserves the honor which is to be given to the Divine judge. True or false?

thinker

NickHassan
    Participant

Hi TT,
    So you are saying neither he nor the prophets are that Divine Judge?
    Why do you weaken your trinity arguments?

He is greater than all the prophets and given all authority.
    Of course the lesser is blessed by the greater[Heb7]

KangarooJack
    Participant

thethinker said:

The Father did not commit ALL judgment to the prophets. He committed all judgment to the Son. So Jesus deserves the honor which is to be given to the Divine judge. True or false?

Nick replied:

Hi TT,
    So you are saying neither he nor the prophets are that Divine Judge?

???

Nick:

He is greater than all the prophets and given all authority.
    Of course the lesser is blessed by the greater[Heb7]

???

Viewing 20 posts - 3,281 through 3,300 (of 25,908 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

© 1999 - 2024 Heaven Net

Navigation

© 1999 - 2023 - Heaven Net
or

or    

Forgot your details?

or

Create Account