JOHN 1:1 who is the WORD?

Viewing 20 posts - 3,041 through 3,060 (of 25,908 total)
  • Author

Quote (Nick Hassan @ Sep. 27 2009,02:37)
    Poor WJ,
    Still does not know who God is.
    And yet earns a living from the pulpit?

NH

Your words are from hell!

I have told you over and over again that I am not getting money from my Church, yet you still stick the jab in there with a question mark!

Seldom is their any fruit of encouragement in you, but only proding, and poking, and provoking!

Immature and carnal!

Grow up!

WJ

Quote (t8 @ Sep. 27 2009,18:44)

Quote (CatholicApologist @ Sep. 27 2009,18:36)

Quote (t8 @ Sep. 27 2009,18:26)
    I never called it the Dark Ages, history records it that way. I am only referring to that time.

No…PROTESTANT history records it that way.

It is referred to in academia as The Middle Ages.

“The Dark Ages” is not an objective term and is politically loaded….biased.  And I would submit: revisionist.

Oh, so the Catholics call it the Age of enlightenment or something similar?
    When people were burned at the stake, and you paid money to be forgiven of your sins.

OK, I am obviously unenlightened.

How can we bring back this glorious time?
    Become Roman Catholics?

:D

We have always preached salvation by grace through faith working by love.

The Church has NEVER taught that we can “pay money to be forgiven of your sins”

You simply do not understand the faith. And on that point I am glad of your ignorance for the sake of your immortal soul.

Proclaimer
    Participant

Quote (CatholicApologist @ Sep. 27 2009,18:37)

Quote (t8 @ Sep. 27 2009,18:33)
    YOU LOST?

Oh so you win and let's all become Roman Catholics.

Is that it? What is it you are trying to achieve?

Well…Catholics anyway.

Yes, that would be nice.  Especially for you.  

Aren't you ultimately a truth seeker?

Seriously CatholicApologist.
    I wouldn't want to partake in her sins.

When we agree with sin, we partake. In other words if I promoted that organisation, then being part of her means being part of her judgement too.

I want to enter the next world spotless and without blemish. So that would be the last thing I would want to do given my hope.

Proclaimer
    Participant

Quote (CatholicApologist @ Sep. 27 2009,18:44)

Quote (t8 @ Sep. 27 2009,18:37)

Quote (CatholicApologist @ Sep. 27 2009,18:33)

Quote (t8 @ Sep. 27 2009,18:28)

Quote (CatholicApologist @ Sep. 27 2009,18:25)
    The Church is over a billion strong.  Not quite as deadly as you were hoping apparently.

Oh, the biggest club wins does it?

Awesome!  Thanks for proving my point so soon, t8.  Man, you guys work fast.

OK, everyone.  Notice:

The first argument was “ooooh…Napoleon dealt a death blow to the Church!”

I respond “The Church is over a billion strong.  Not quite as deadly as you were hoping apparently.”

Their response:

“Oh, the biggest club wins does it?”  (i.e. “um…you made my argument look silly….but I can't admit it…um….what about….this?)

Um. I think the point is that if the Catholic Church tried to deny the people scriptures and burned people at the stake, they would be put in prison today, where they would deserve to go for such crimes. In the past, they got away with it because they were more powerful.

Anyway, like many others you seem to hide behind numbers. That means that Evolution is true as probably most Scientist's seem to tell us.

Besides, isn't it written that the devil deceives the world? And that Mystery Babylon makes the whole world drunk on her wine. Numbers in a biblical context doesn't validate anything.

This logic is not of the Spirit.

In fact what we see written is “little flock” or the straight and narrow path that few find.

OK, don't admit you were wrong.  But you're not fooling anyone.

Um. I think the point is that if the Catholic Church tried to deny the people scriptures and burned people at the stake, they would be put in prison today, where they would deserve to go for such crimes. In the past, they got away with it because they were more powerful.

i.e.  “or what about….THIS?”

So tell me why the first English Bibles were Catholic Bibles?

Tell me why the first vernacular Bibles of any language came from an Orthodox Catholic Church?

And if you REALLY want to make the Scriptures accessible, then go on a campaign to teach the world Greek, Hebrew, and Aramaic.  Because otherwise your Bible teachers are doing much the same thing you accuse priests of doing…i.e. explaining what it says “in the Greek”

That's not replicatable!  And it's 2009!

Admit it…you have a high brow religion.

Your religion is NOT for the common man!

What do you want me to admit to exactly. Where did I err?

Quote (WorshippingJesus @ Sep. 27 2009,18:46)

Quote (Nick Hassan @ Sep. 27 2009,02:37)
    Poor WJ,

NH

I have told you over and over again that I am not getting money from my Church, yet you still stick the jab in there with a question mark!

Seldom is their any fruit of encouragement in you, but only proding, and poking, and provoking!

Immature and carnal!

Grow up!

WJ

These guys can't stand to admit they are wrong on the smallest point.

I'm going to have to back up WJ here. How dare you accuse this man of something he is innocent of.

You do this about the Church.

You do this when we soundly refute you.

What spirit is it that HATES to admit it is wrong?

Proclaimer
    Participant

Quote (CatholicApologist @ Sep. 27 2009,18:47)

So the extra wing on the Vatican and the collection of money to fund it was conducted by rogue Catholics?

If I remember rightly, such fruit is what prompted the Reformation.

Proclaimer
    Participant

Quote (CatholicApologist @ Sep. 27 2009,18:50)
    NH

Immature and carnal!

Grow up!

WJ[/quote]

I'm going to have to back up WJ here.  How dare you accuse this man of something he is innocent of.

What spirit is it that HATES to admit it is wrong?

Admit what.

List my sins if you like.

If they stick, I will ask for forgiveness.

Quote (t8 @ Sep. 27 2009,18:48)

YOU LOST?

Well…Catholics anyway.

When we agree with sin, we partake. In other words if I promoted that organisation, then being part of her means being part of her judgement too.

I want to enter the next world spotless and without blemish. So that would be the last thing I would want to do given my hope.

In that case, you can only be a part of a church of people who never sin or fail or make mistakes. Because according to your STATED BELIEF, if even ONE member of that church sinned…YOU would be judged for it. If your pastor sins…YOU will be damned for it.

Wow! That's heavy? Why do you believe this?

Not3in1
    Participant

Quote (Nick Hassan @ Sep. 27 2009,18:37)
    Poor WJ,

Nick,

Are you due for another vacation soon?

Love,
    Mandy

Quote (t8 @ Sep. 27 2009,18:52)

Quote (CatholicApologist @ Sep. 27 2009,18:47)

So the extra wing on the Vatican and the collection of money to fund it was conducted by rogue Catholics?

If I remember rightly, such fruit is what prompted the Reformation.

If I remember rightly….Martin Luther BELIEVED IN INDULGENCES. Or have you never read the 95 theses of his?

The Council of Trent was convened to deal with both the Reformation and the likes of Tetzel. Tetzel's doctrine was condemned. The Church has never taught the selling of indulgences.

Martin Luther should have stayed if that was all he was worried about.

O…but there is more to the story of Luther…isn't there?

Quote (t8 @ Sep. 27 2009,18:53)

Quote (CatholicApologist @ Sep. 27 2009,18:50)
    NH

Immature and carnal!

Grow up!

WJ

I'm going to have to back up WJ here.  How dare you accuse this man of something he is innocent of.

What spirit is it that HATES to admit it is wrong?[/quote]
    Admit what.

List my sins if you like.

If they stick, I will ask for forgiveness.

Sins? We're not talking about your sins, dude. Just blaring lapses in logic and successful argumentation.

Go read back. I'd rather not stutter.

Proclaimer
    Participant

No, I want to continue being part of the Body of Christ, where the living stones are sanctified.
    A body who's head is not a vicar, but the Lord Jesus Christ.
    Forgiveness requires repentance, not perfection BTW.

I never have preached that you need to be perfect in your own strength, and I do not teach that you can pay to have your sins forgiven, or for that matter a man cannot forgive your sins either.

Jesus is the head of his body.

All other bodies have different heads and doctrine. I am not interested in them.

NickHassan
    Participant

Hi Mandy,
    Can you see the bad fruit of trinity?
    Folk do not know who to worship or how to pray.
    Round one to Satan it seems and men still cower before him.

Quote (CatholicApologist @ Sep. 27 2009,02:54)

Quote (t8 @ Sep. 27 2009,18:48)

YOU LOST?

Well…Catholics anyway.

In that case, you can only be a part of a church of people who never sin or fail or make mistakes.  Because according to your STATED BELIEF, if even ONE member of that church sinned…YOU would be judged for it.  If your pastor sins…YOU will be damned for it.

Wow!  That's heavy?  Why do you believe this?

CA

These guys do not assemble at any church. In fact I do not think they assemble at all, but are merely spiritual gypsies that belong to nothing except maybe this sight.

They claim to be members of the Body of Christ which they never assemble with that I know of.

WJ

Proclaimer
    Participant

Quote (CatholicApologist @ Sep. 27 2009,18:59)
    If they stick, I will ask for forgiveness.[/quote]
    Sins?  We're not talking about your sins, dude.  Just blaring lapses in logic and successful argumentation.

Go read back.  I'd rather not stutter.

Fell free to expose my lapses in logic.

I am all ears.

Proclaimer
    Participant

Quote (WorshippingJesus @ Sep. 27 2009,19:00)
    CA

These guys do not assemble at any church. In fact I do not think they assemble at all, but are merely spiritual gypsies that belong to nothing except maybe this sight.

They claim to be members of the Body of Christ which they never assemble with that I know of.

WJ

You are wrong about that WJ.

If you are wrong about that, then you may also be wrong about your Trinity Doctrine.

Quote (Nick Hassan @ Sep. 27 2009,03:00)
    Hi Mandy,

NH

Do you find fault in a Trinitarian bowing the knee to Jesus and giving him the same honour as the Father?

WJ

Proclaimer
    Participant

Quote (CatholicApologist @ Sep. 27 2009,18:57)
    If I remember rightly….Martin Luther BELIEVED IN INDULGENCES. Or have you never read the 95 theses of his?

It matters little what he believed in reference to justifying something.

What matters is the truth and no age has had all the truth.

But woe to those who oppose the march of truth and the rising of the morning star. Woe to those who try to bind up rather than set free.

Quote (t8 @ Sep. 27 2009,03:02)

Quote (WorshippingJesus @ Sep. 27 2009,19:00)
    CA

WJ

You are wrong about that WJ.

If you are wrong about that, then you may also be wrong about your Trinity Doctrine.

t8

Well then enlighten us. Do you have regular gatherings with the saints like they did in the book of Acts?

Let us not give up meeting together, as some are in the habit of doing, but let us encourage one another–and all the more as you see the Day approaching. Heb 10:25

WJ

Proclaimer
    Participant

Quote (WorshippingJesus @ Sep. 27 2009,19:03)

Quote (Nick Hassan @ Sep. 27 2009,03:00)
    Hi Mandy,

NH

Do you find fault in a Trinitarian bowing the knee to Jesus and giving him the same honour as the Father?

WJ

I personally do not.

But if the honour is that he is God as well as the Father, then that is just simply error.

Jesus is the lamb of God, the messiah, the son of God, the image of God, the first-born of all creation.

If you want to ignore that, then it does reflect on your attitude to Christ. But that is truly between you and him.

We simply point out error only so that others will not believe it.

Viewing 20 posts - 3,041 through 3,060 (of 25,908 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

© 1999 - 2024 Heaven Net

Navigation

© 1999 - 2023 - Heaven Net
or

or    

Forgot your details?

or

Create Account