JOHN 1:1 who is the WORD?

Viewing 20 posts - 2,841 through 2,860 (of 25,908 total)
  • Author
    NickHassan
    Participant

Hi gS,
    The oldest KJV was not a manuscript.
    Being pretty sure carries no spiritual weight.

gsilva72
    Participant

So I guess you are saying that God cannot preserve his word.

NickHassan
    Participant

Hi GS,
    God does preserve His word and urges us to be as cunning as serpents
    Go and compare the versions and you will find they differ on this verse.
    Then do your research and discover what is the preserved truth of God.

KangarooJack
    Participant

Quote (Nick Hassan @ July 21 2009,07:34)
    Hi GS,
    Have you not yet heard that this verse was not in any original manuscripts but added?

But John 10:30 is in all the manuscripts. It says that the Father and the Son are one. “I and the Father are one.”

thinker

GeneBalthrop
    Participant

Thinker………..IN AGREEMENT, NOT ONE AND THE SAME BEING. God was (IN) Jesus through (HIS) Spirit, and that does not make Jesus GOD, no more then it makes Us GOD who have His Spirit in them. GOD'S Spirit in us causes us to (IMAGE) HIM (Not) be HIM, Come on thinker dump those false teaching brother. Looks i will have to keep praying for you till God clears the cobwebs out.

With much love and peace brother……………………………gene

KangarooJack
    Participant

Quote (Gene @ July 24 2009,04:49)
    Thinker………..IN AGREEMENT, NOT ONE AND THE SAME BEING. God was (IN) Jesus through (HIS) Spirit, and that does not make Jesus GOD, no more then it makes Us GOD who have His Spirit in them. GOD'S Spirit in us causes us to (IMAGE) HIM (Not) be HIM,  Come on thinker dump those false teaching brother. Looks i will have to keep praying for you till God clears the cobwebs out.

Gene,
    Jesus said that He was one with the Father after saying that He and the Father together protect the sheep. It means therefore that the Father and the Son are one Shepherd, i.e., God.

thinker

NickHassan
    Participant

Hi TT,
    Vain human logic fails to grasp the wisdom of God.

KangarooJack
    Participant

Quote (Nick Hassan @ July 24 2009,08:37)
    Hi TT,
    Vain human logic fails to grasp the wisdom of God.

Nick,
    You say “vain human logic.” Jesus had just said that He Himself is the good Shepherd. He had said that there will be one fold and one shepherd. After this He said that He and the Father together secures the sheep in Their hands. Then He says, “I and the Father are one.”

I am the good shepherd. The good shepherd lays down his life for the sheep…. So there will be one flock, one shepherd….
    My sheep hear my voice, and I know them, and they follow me. I give them eternal life, and they will never perish, and no one will snatch them out of my hand. My Father, who has given them to me, is greater than all, and no one is able to snatch them out of the Father’s hand.  I and the Father are one.”

It is clear Nick! Jesus said that He is the good shepherd and that there will be ONE shepherd. Then He said that the sheep are protected in His hand and in the Father's hand. Then He said that He and the Father are ONE. He meant that they are ONE SHEPHERD. The Shepherd is God.

thinker

NickHassan
    Participant

Hi TT,
    Jesus is not his own father is he?
    He is the Son of God.

gollamudi
    Participant

Quote (Nick Hassan @ July 21 2009,08:43)
    Hi GS,
    God does preserve His word and urges us to be as cunning as serpents
    Go and compare the versions and you will find they differ on this verse.
    Then do your research and discover what is the preserved truth of God.

I agree with you brother Nick God does not expect us to use His name for every petty-nitty things as we think. Therefore He asked us to descern the spirits whether they are from Him or not.

gollamudi
    Participant

Quote (thethinker @ July 24 2009,05:52)

Thinker………..IN AGREEMENT, NOT ONE AND THE SAME BEING. God was (IN) Jesus through (HIS) Spirit, and that does not make Jesus GOD, no more then it makes Us GOD who have His Spirit in them. GOD'S Spirit in us causes us to (IMAGE) HIM (Not) be HIM,  Come on thinker dump those false teaching brother. Looks i will have to keep praying for you till God clears the cobwebs out.

Gene,
    Jesus said that He was one with the Father after saying that He and the Father together protect the sheep. It means therefore that the Father and the Son are one Shepherd, i.e., God.

thinker

Hi brother Thinker,
    One in Spirit but not in hypostasis as often Trinitarians quote.

GeneBalthrop
    Participant

Gene,

thinker

Thinker………Jesus said concerning the sheep, “they were yours and thou has given them to me”. For what purpose Has the FATHER placed US in the care of Jesus? was it not to Shepard us, Now a Shepard is not the (OWNER) of the Sheep is obvious, because Jesus said , no one can take the sheep from the FATHER, who gave them to me because the FATHER is greater the him. Your assumption that Jesus (OWNS) us is in error, He Shepard's Us, and will not turn away (ANY) of the Sheep the FATHER puts in HIS custody. Brother dump the TRINITARIAN garbage and the words of Jesus will all make since and find a place in you thinking. Why do you trinitarians have to go through so many mazes with so many twist and turns to support your false teachings and ignore the obvious scriptures, the simple and clears ones. THOU SHALT HAVE (NO) OTHER GOD BESIDES ME, AND AGAIN THE LORD OUR GOD IS (ONE) LORD, AND AGAIN “FOR (THOU) ART THE (ONLY) TRUE GOD”. Thinker quite kicking against the pricks brother.

with much love and peace……………………..gene

KangarooJack
    Participant

Quote (Gene @ July 26 2009,02:58)

Gene,

thinker

Thinker………Jesus said concerning the sheep, “they were yours and thou has given them to me”. For what purpose Has the FATHER placed US in the care of Jesus? was it not to Shepard us, Now a Shepard is not the (OWNER) of the Sheep is obvious, because Jesus said , no one can take the sheep from the FATHER, who gave them to me because the FATHER is greater the him. Your assumption that Jesus (OWNS) us is in error, He Shepard's Us, and will not turn away (ANY) of the Sheep the FATHER puts in HIS custody. Brother dump the TRINITARIAN garbage and the words of Jesus will all make since and find a place in you thinking.  Why do you trinitarians have to go through so many mazes with so many twist and turns to support your false teachings and ignore the obvious scriptures, the simple and clears ones. THOU SHALT HAVE (NO) OTHER GOD BESIDES ME, AND AGAIN THE LORD OUR GOD IS (ONE) LORD, AND AGAIN “FOR (THOU) ART THE (ONLY) TRUE GOD”. Thinker quite kicking against the pricks brother.

with much love and peace……………………..gene

Gene,
    Jesus inherited the nations (Psalm 2). We are His people now. We are the sheep of His pasture. Jesus said that there will be ONE shepherd. Your view implies that there are two shepherds.

thinker

GeneBalthrop
    Participant

Thinker………No brother their ONE Shepard , but he is (NOT) the owner of the Sheep , there is only (ONE) owner and that is GOD the Father. The Father has put us in the custody of Jesus, it is very much like the analogy of the vine, the vine is part of the branches, but the life water (spirit) is given by one (the FATHER) and ministers to both the vine and it's branches. Jesus is one of US do not separate Him from yourself, brother. Thinker I implore you by the sure mercies of our GOD and FATHER , COME OUT OF THAT FALSE TRINITARIAN RELIGION, and all these things will fall into place, why should you fail because of those LAIRS.

with great love and worry and prayer …………………………your brother gene

KangarooJack
    Participant

Quote (Gene @ July 26 2009,04:35)
    Thinker………No brother their ONE Shepard , but he is (NOT) the owner of the Sheep , there is only (ONE) owner and that is GOD the Father. The Father has put us in the custody of Jesus, it is very much like the analogy of the vine, the vine is part of the branches, but the life water (spirit) is given by one (the FATHER) and ministers to both the vine and it's branches. Jesus is one of US do not separate Him from yourself, brother. Thinker I implore you by the sure mercies of our GOD and FATHER , COME OUT OF THAT FALSE TRINITARIAN RELIGION, and all these things will fall into place, why should you fail because of those LAIRS.

Gene,
    He is the owner of the sheep. He explicitly said “MY sheep hear MY voice and I know them and they follow ME. And I give unto them eternal life….”

You believe falsely! Your view implies that there are two shepherds. Yet you fault trinitarians.

thinker

Quote (thethinker @ July 25 2009,12:46)

Gene,
    He is the owner of the sheep. He explicitly said “MY sheep hear MY voice and I know them and they follow ME. And I give unto them eternal life….”

You believe falsely! Your view implies that there are two shepherds. Yet you fault trinitarians.

thinker

Hi Jack

How true.

“But they refused to pay attention; stubbornly they turned their backs and stopped up their ears. Zech 7:11

they have ears, but cannot hear, nor is there breath in their mouths. Ps 135:17

WJ

KangarooJack
    Participant

Quote (WorshippingJesus @ July 26 2009,07:38)

Quote (thethinker @ July 25 2009,12:46)

Gene,

thinker

Hi Jack

How true.

“But they refused to pay attention; stubbornly they turned their backs and stopped up their ears. Zech 7:11

they have ears, but cannot hear, nor is there breath in their mouths. Ps 135:17

WJ

Yes WJ!
    Jesus said that He is the good Shepherd

I am the good Shepherd

Gene says that the Father is the Shepherd and Jesus is only the “custodian.” This is the height of Scripture twisting.

thinker

GeneBalthrop
    Participant

Thinker…….Where did i say the FATHER is the Shepard, what i said was the FATHER is the Owner of the Sheep and Jesus is the Shepard, He is the servant of GOD do you need scripture that shows that also,  see what confusion Trinitarian Ideologies brings, you can't even read what i wrote correctly brother, Cast of from you that false teaching and quite making Jesus a man of SIN. Remember thinker it says that GOD would send them a delusion in order for them to believe the LIE. DO you believe the TRINITARIAN LIE Brother?.

peace and love to you and yours……………………….gene

GeneBalthrop
    Participant

Quote (thethinker @ July 26 2009,04:46)

Gene,

thinker

thinker……..Jesus said “YOURS THEY ARE and (THOU) givest them unto Me. The same as a owner of Sheep gives (HIS) Sheep into the Hands of a Sheppard to Sheppard them. Jesus said no man (CAN) come unto me EXCEPT the FATHER DRAW HIM. It is the FATHER who owns the Sheep and Jesus Sheppard's them. God the FARTHER said (ALL) Sould are MINE and that includes Jesus' soul also. Why do (ALL Trinitarians try so hard to push the FATHER out of the PICTURE. Interesting, Jesus never did that. Thinker dump the garbage and come out of those false teachings while there is still time brother.

peace and love to you and yours……………….gene

gsilva72
    Participant

He also said, “Before Abraham was, I Am”

Viewing 20 posts - 2,841 through 2,860 (of 25,908 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

© 1999 - 2024 Heaven Net

Navigation

© 1999 - 2023 - Heaven Net
or

or    

Forgot your details?

or

Create Account