JOHN 1:1 who is the WORD?

Viewing 20 posts - 2,701 through 2,720 (of 25,870 total)
  • Author
    Cindy
    Participant

Gene First of all I did not say that we are Spirit. I said there is Spirit in men. If we would be Spirit we would be like our Heavenly Father, but not yet. John called Jesus the Word, because, at that time, He was not on earth. In verse 14 He became a man, or flesh. Again you are denying Scriiptures, that say Jesus was with the Father as a Spirit Being, in the beginning. Do me a favor do not even answer my post, all you do is accuse me of something that I am not. I am tired of that.
    Goodbye. Irene

GeneBalthrop
    Participant

Irene……… Do you KNOW what SPIRIT (IS)?. And JESUS SAID THE WORDS WERE (NOT) HIS WORDS. So how could He be the WORD. John Know exactly what He was saying , ” in (the) beginning was the word and the word (WAS) (GOD) Jesus is NOT GOD. Its just that simple. Believe what Peter Said , Jesus was foreordained (BUT) was manifested in our time. What is so hard about that?

peace and love………………..gene

KangarooJack
    Participant

Gene said:

Irene……… Do you KNOW what SPIRIT (IS)?. And JESUS SAID THE WORDS WERE (NOT) HIS WORDS.

Gene,
    As usual you take things out of context. Jesus later said that truth was His as well as it was the Father's,

I still have many things to say to you, but you cannot bear them now. However, when He, the Spirit of truth, has come, He will guide you into all truth; for He will not speak on His own authority, but whatever He hears He will speak; and He will tell you things to come. He will glorify me, for He will take of what is MINE and explain it to you. All things that the Father has are MINE. Therefore, I said He will take of what is MINE and explain it to you (John 16:12-15)

Jesus said THREE times that all truth was His own (“MINE”) as well as the Father's. He said, “ALL things that the Father has are MINE.”

You constantly fail to distinguish between the servant Jesus and the exalted Jesus. The servant Jesus said that truth was not His own but the Father's. But looking forward to His exaltation He claimed all truth as His own. In other words Gene, you do not believe everything Jesus says. You believe only that which supports your views.

thinker

NickHassan
    Participant

Hi tt,
    Do you think Jesus was God and then not God and later exalted to be God again?

GeneBalthrop
    Participant

Quote (WorshippingJesus @ June 03 2009,03:20)

Quote (Gene @ June 02 2009,11:01)

WJ…….We are told to Judge the Spirits, so what exactly are we judging, are we not judging what a person is saying, His Words. The reason spirits can go through arid places looking for rest is because thoughts are useless unless it is in a body, and if all thoughts have always existed then, then we simply transpose them from one person to another, to me this is what spirit is, they are thoughts which impart intellect into a being , and once they are in a person they are expressed  by that person. For not what goes into the Mouth defiles the person but what comes out, for it proceeds forth from the Heart (mind) of the person and these defile the man.

But we must remember they had to go into him first in order to come out of Him. So it is with SPIRIT (it is Intellect) expressed by WORDS just as Jesus Said. The WORDS  I am telling you (ARE) SPIRIT, so are all words, SPIRIT expressed intellects or thoughts. That to me is what SPIRIT is , not a (BEING) at all, but knowledge being transported by WORD to one Being to another, Spirit is nothing without a BODY to animate. When we die the Spirit (intellect) goes back to him who gave it and the person ceases to exist. “When a man dies his thoughts PARISH”> He remains that way until GOD Creates a new body and put Spirit he gave back into it. IMO

Peace and love to you and yours WJ…………………………gene

Hi Gene

WJ…….We are told to Judge the Spirits, so what exactly are we judging, are we not judging what a person is saying

What if the person is saying nothing but doing something ant-christ?

Are you saying we have to have words before we can test the Spirit of a person?

WJ

WJ…….Thought is intellect and can be expressed in word or deed. but both come from the same place , the mind or intellect of the person. IMO.

peace and love to you and yours…………….gene

Quote (Gene @ June 03 2009,22:46)

Quote (WorshippingJesus @ June 03 2009,03:20)

WJ…….We are told to Judge the Spirits, so what exactly are we judging, are we not judging what a person is saying, His Words. The reason spirits can go through arid places looking for rest is because thoughts are useless unless it is in a body, and if all thoughts have always existed then, then we simply transpose them from one person to another, to me this is what spirit is, they are thoughts which impart intellect into a being , and once they are in a person they are expressed  by that person. For not what goes into the Mouth defiles the person but what comes out, for it proceeds forth from the Heart (mind) of the person and these defile the man.

But we must remember they had to go into him first in order to come out of Him. So it is with SPIRIT (it is Intellect) expressed by WORDS just as Jesus Said. The WORDS  I am telling you (ARE) SPIRIT, so are all words, SPIRIT expressed intellects or thoughts. That to me is what SPIRIT is , not a (BEING) at all, but knowledge being transported by WORD to one Being to another, Spirit is nothing without a BODY to animate. When we die the Spirit (intellect) goes back to him who gave it and the person ceases to exist. “When a man dies his thoughts PARISH”> He remains that way until GOD Creates a new body and put Spirit he gave back into it. IMO

Peace and love to you and yours WJ…………………………gene

Hi Gene

WJ…….We are told to Judge the Spirits, so what exactly are we judging, are we not judging what a person is saying

What if the person is saying nothing but doing something ant-christ?

Are you saying we have to have words before we can test the Spirit of a person?

WJ

WJ…….Thought is intellect and can be expressed in word or deed. but both come from the same place , the mind or intellect of the person. IMO.

peace and love to you and yours…………….gene

Hi Gene

But you said that words are Spirit, but now you are infering that deeds are Spirit also! ???

So is intellect spirit also? ???

WJ

KangarooJack
    Participant

Quote (Nick Hassan @ June 04 2009,13:04)
    Hi tt,
    Do you think Jesus was God and then not God and later exalted to be God again?

Nick,
    This is what the Scriptures clearly say. Paul said that Christ existed in the form of God and then made Himself nothing and became obedient unto the death of the cross. Then it says that He was exalted as God again as a reward for His obedience (Philippians 2).

What a wondeful Savior I have!

thinker

NickHassan
    Participant

Hi TT,
    So part of your trinity was not God for a while??

GeneBalthrop
    Participant

WJ……….Word (AND) deeds are from the same source (the mind) which is the Spirit (intellect) of the person, both words and deed come from the same source is my point.  A person does and speaks what in his mind which is His spirit or intellect same thing.So then we can judge a person by His words and deeds, they come from the (SAME) source. “So a man thinketh so he is”. IMO

peace and love………………gene

KangarooJack
    Participant

Quote (Nick Hassan @ June 04 2009,22:11)
    Hi TT,

Yes! Hebrews 1 clearly says that Jesus was made lower than the angels for a little while. Are you asking because you don't already this. What I am saying is historical Christianity.

thinker

KangarooJack
    Participant

To All,
    I originally posted this yesterday. I bump it here because I would like a reply from Gene.

Gene said:

Irene……… Do you KNOW what SPIRIT (IS)?. And JESUS SAID THE WORDS WERE (NOT) HIS WORDS.

Gene,
    As usual you take things out of context. Jesus later said that truth was His as well as it was the Father's,

I still have many things to say to you, but you cannot bear them now. However, when He, the Spirit of truth, has come, He will guide you into all truth; for He will not speak on His own authority, but whatever He hears He will speak; and He will tell you things to come. He will glorify me, for He will take of what is MINE and explain it to you. All things that the Father has are MINE. Therefore, I said He will take of what is MINE and explain it to you (John 16:12-15)

Jesus said THREE times that all truth was His own (“MINE”) as well as the Father's. He said, “ALL things that the Father has are MINE.”

You constantly fail to distinguish between the servant Jesus and the exalted Jesus. The servant Jesus said that truth was not His own but the Father's. But looking forward to His exaltation He claimed all truth as His own. In other words Gene, you do not believe everything Jesus says. You believe only that which supports your views.

thinker

NickHassan
    Participant

Quote (thethinker @ June 05 2009,01:50)

Quote (Nick Hassan @ June 04 2009,22:11)
    Hi TT,

Yes! Hebrews 1 clearly says that Jesus was made lower than the angels for a little while. Are you asking because you don't already this. What I am saying is historical Christianity.

thinker

Hi tt,
    So God is very complicated in your view.

Part of him can not be God sometimes and can die.

But God is immortal?
    And Jesus was a man.

NickHassan
    Participant

Hi TT,
    Is the Servant Jesus not the exalted Jesus.
    Is one God and one not?

Quote (Gene @ June 04 2009,08:21)
    WJ……….Word (AND) deeds are from the same source (the mind) which is the Spirit (intellect) of the person, both words and deed come from the same source is my point.  A person does and speaks what in his mind which is His spirit or intellect same thing.So then we can judge a person by His words and deeds, they come from the (SAME) source. “So a man thinketh so he is”. IMO

peace and love………………gene

Hi Gene

So then “intellect is Spirit according to you.

Where is the scripture that says “intellect is Spirit”?

If intellect is “spirit” then you should be able to “discern” the Spirits without a word or deed, right?

If intellect is spirit then that means we have millions of “spirits” in our heads right? Are they good spirits or evil spirits?

Where is the scriptures for these unscriptural ideas Gene?

Now you have gone from “words are Spirit” to “intellects” are spirits.

WJ

Lightenup
    Participant

Hi all,
    This is random but I had a thought today about something that was one substance, then by the word of Christ, it became another substance. Jesus performed His first miracle which He didn't seem to have forseen nor did He give GOD the glory of it. I thought that was peculiar since we know Him to do what He sees His Father doing. It seems in this instance He was obeying His mother and pleasing her. Read this passage and notice that Jesus spoke and it was so, He commanded, men obeyed and the miracle happened…water became wine. Jesus didn't touch it, He just gave the orders and He was given the credit for it and the servants were not given the credit for it yet they put forth all the effort (filling the water pots and taking some out to drink.) The servants knew that they didn't turn the water into wine even though they were the ones that carried out the orders. It was the servants that Jesus did the miracle through. Could Jesus have felt like the servants in this story during the time of creation? Could it have been that He knew that He didn't do the miracle of creation, He just followed orders. God created the heavens and the earth “through” the Son in a similar fashion that Jesus made water into wine through the servants, by His word?

John 2:1-10
    On the third day there was a wedding in Cana of Galilee, and the mother of Jesus was there;
    2 and both Jesus and His disciples were invited to the wedding.
    3 When the wine ran out, the mother of Jesus said to Him, “They have no wine.”
    4 And Jesus said to her, “Woman, what does that have to do with us? My hour has not yet come.”
    5 His mother said to the servants, “Whatever He says to you, do it.”
    6 Now there were six stone waterpots set there for the Jewish custom of purification, containing twenty or thirty gallons each.
    7 Jesus said to them, “Fill the waterpots with water.” So they filled them up to the brim.
    8 And He said to them, “Draw some out now and take it to the headwaiter.” So they took it to him.
    9 When the headwaiter tasted the water which had become wine, and did not know where it came from (but the servants who had drawn the water knew), the headwaiter called the bridegroom,
    10 and said to him, “Every man serves the good wine first, and when the people have drunk freely, then he serves the poorer wine; but you have kept the good wine until now.”
    11 This beginning of His signs Jesus did in Cana of Galilee, and manifested His glory, and His disciples believed in Him.
    NASU

When scriptures say that everything was created by the “word of GOD” is was possibly like the above story but instead it is GOD speaking a command and the Holy One of GOD (the Son) following orders. GOD is given the credit of the creation of the heavens and the earth and it is the Son that He did it through. Credit given to the Son doesn't clearly come till the Son is revealed in the NT.

So the above is an example of the power of the word of either the Father or the Son and then the miracle occurs after the word is given. I think the “word” in John 1:1 also was a command which was followed by an announcement; “Let there by light and there was light.” My theory is that it (the word-the “announcement” IMO) announced the Light of day one and that light was the firstborn of all creation-the Son of GOD, His Holy One, His only begotten Son.

So, I don't think that words are “spirit.” I think that words are conveyed thoughts that have meaning and purpose. So the question is what was meant by the word in the beginning. Whatever was meant by the word was with GOD and was God. Light was with GOD in the beginning (day one) and the Light was God, the begotten God. That is how I see it anyway.

God bless,
    LU

NickHassan
    Participant

Hi LU,
    I believe the Spirit of God quickened in him and told Him what to do after initially declining to help by listening to his own spirit.

The glory was God's within him.

NickHassan
    Participant

Hi LU,
    He too had to learn to walk in the Spirit.

Lightenup
    Participant

Hi Nick,
    I know and that part of my post was really just a “side note” of the rest of it. I know that Jesus wouldn't have done anything apart from His Father. I just thought it interesting that it was the mother that gave her son the direction to perform the miracle. He probably recognized the faith of His mother and that it was from GOD so He joined the Father in His work.
    LU

NickHassan
    Participant

Hi LU,
    Yes his mother believed in him and seemed to know God could and would help.
    Then he cottoned on.

Lightenup
    Participant

Nick,
    “Then he cottoned on”??? That must be New Zealand for “then He got with the program.” :)
    I like that phrase…but it makes no sense…is it an idiom of sorts?
    LU

Viewing 20 posts - 2,701 through 2,720 (of 25,870 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

© 1999 - 2024 Heaven Net

Navigation

© 1999 - 2023 - Heaven Net
or

or    

Forgot your details?

or

Create Account