JOHN 1:1 who is the WORD?

Viewing 20 posts - 2,581 through 2,600 (of 25,870 total)
  • Author
    kerwin
    Participant

Quote (Gene @ May 06 2009,00:11)
    Thinker ………scripture Say's He was like us in every way, Yet without sin, He was one of Us brother and if GOD the Father was not with him, he would have faired no better the us. IMO

peace and love to you and yours…………………………..gene

Good point!

KangarooJack
    Participant

Quote (Gene @ May 06 2009,05:11)
    Thinker ………scripture Say's He was like us in every way, Yet without sin, He was one of Us brother and if GOD the Father was not with him, he would have faired no better the us. IMO

Gene,
    Note that you said “Yet without sin.” Thank you. This is what I have been trying to tell you. He was NOT like us in every way. We were conceived in sin and Jesus was not. So when push comes to shove you really agree with me.

thinker

KangarooJack
    Participant

Quote (kerwin @ May 06 2009,21:26)

Good point!

Kerwin,
    Did you note that Gene said “Yet without sin”? Does this not make Jesus at least a little different from the rest of us?

thinker

GeneBalthrop
    Participant

Thinker………When we are born of the (fullness) of the Spirit we also will be without sin. It's crucial we see Jesus as one of US brother and that what ever He and by what ever means He achieved it we can, and with GOD help (WILL) also. This is the hope we have ” until we come to the (FULL) measure of Christ”. There is no difference between Jesus and us brother, Just Jesus was the first to achieve the GOAL, thats all. He is the First born of (MANY) brethren. He is our older brother, one of US>

thinker…… this is one of the things I hate about the Doctrine of the Trinity and Preexistences, there teachings separate US from the likeness of Jesus, and one who has that mind set (Cannot) have the true Hope in HIMSELF, because he thinks Jesus was not (truly) like Him. Moving Jesus away from your personal identity destroys your HOPE. “Where there is no vision the people parish”. and again “hope deferred makes the heart sick”. THE HOPE OF ALL CHRISTIANS SHOULD BE THAT THEY CAN BECOME EXACTLY LIKE JESUS. When He returns we shall see him exactly as he is, we will be the same as he is. That my friend is the will and purpose of the (ONE AND ONLY TRUE GOD). IMO

peace and love to you and yours thinker……………………gene

KangarooJack
    Participant

Quote (Gene @ May 07 2009,03:11)
    Thinker………When we are born of the (fullness) of the Spirit we also will be without sin. It's crucial we see Jesus as one of US brother and that what ever He and by what ever means He achieved it we can, and with GOD help (WILL) also. This is the hope we have ” until we come to the (FULL) measure of Christ”. There is no difference between Jesus and us brother, Just Jesus was the first to achieve the GOAL, thats all. He is the First born of (MANY) brethren. He is our older brother, one of US>

thinker…… this is one of the things I hate about the Doctrine of the Trinity and Preexistences, there teachings separate US from the likeness of Jesus, and one who has that mind set (Cannot) have the true Hope in HIMSELF, because he thinks Jesus was not (truly) like Him. Moving Jesus away from your personal identity destroys your HOPE. “Where there is no vision the people parish”. and again “hope deferred makes the heart sick”.  THE HOPE OF ALL CHRISTIANS SHOULD BE THAT THEY CAN BECOME EXACTLY LIKE JESUS. When He returns we shall see him exactly as he is, we will be the same as he is.  That my friend is the will and purpose of the (ONE AND ONLY TRUE GOD). IMO

Gene,
    Did Jesus come out of the womb sinful like us? Yes or no? You said you hate that the trinity doctrine it makes Jesus different from us. Then you must also hate the angel who said

That HOLY thing which shall be born of you shall be called the Son of God

I agree that we will become sinless like Jesus. This is because we will be conformed to HIS image. So our perfection will derived from him. But we BEGAN in sin,

In sin did my mother conceive me

You may hate these facts all you want brother. You began in sin and Jesus did not whether you like it or not. It appears as if you don't want the Jesus God gave you.

thinker

p.s. I may not be able to reply for a few days but I will try. We are leaving to take a 12 hour trip to bring our daughter home from college for the summer. We can't wait to have her with us. I may be able to run off quick posts from the motel computer.

kerwin
    Participant

thethinker wrote:

Then you must also hate the angel who said

That is a lousy translation because Jesus is certainly not a “thing”.

What is the actual Greek word and what various definitions does it have?

kerwin
    Participant

Quote (thethinker @ May 06 2009,21:37)

Quote (kerwin @ May 06 2009,21:26)

Good point!

Kerwin,
    Did you note that Gene said “Yet without sin”? Does this not make Jesus at least a little different from the rest of us?

thinker

It means Jesus had a whole lot more faith than I do.  Still others have more or less as it seems to be a variable among humans.

NickHassan
    Participant

Hi TT,
    Any vessel used in the service of God is holy.

NickHassan
    Participant

Hi,
    Luke 2:23
    (as it is written in the Law of the Lord, ” EVERY firstborn MALE THAT OPENS THE WOMB SHALL BE CALLED HOLY TO THE LORD”),

Participant

Hi thethinker:

You quote the following scripture:

In sin did my mother conceive me

And say:

You began in sin and Jesus did not whether you like it or not.

David did not say that he began in sin. He said that his mother conceived him in sin. Sin is defined as the transgression of the Law, and therefore, we were not born sinners, but we became sinners when we yielded to temptation and transgressed God's eternal law.

Love in Christ,
    Marty

GeneBalthrop
    Participant

Thinker………I agree with 942767, we are (Not) born sinners , we are born into a sinful world through, “For all thats in the world the Lust of the Flesh the lust of the eyes and the Pride of Life are (from) the world” says John. A baby is not a sinners He or She becomes one we were not sinners when we were born, we became sinners. It much like a virus we have all become infected with it and it remains with us until we die it is in our flesh. And like what happens with vaccine it (Sin) can be put into remission ,Peter “said be baptized for the (REMISSION) of Sin”, but a remission is not doing away with it, so it is still there and will be until we recieve new bodies. Then the infection will no longer effect us. Jesus was vaccinated (so to speak) from berth and the sin virus never took control of Him because of the Holy Spirit prevented it from happening to him. But that was not because He was any different then Us , He just had the antidote and while it (sin) tempted Him in every way as US, it never took over control, like it has us. Our bodies really drag us down brother a lot more then we realize . Therefore Paul says ” with my mind I serve the laws of GOD, (BUT) with my body the law of sin and death, that is truly a wretched condition we are in, we who desire to walk by the Spirit are constantly being dragged down, and being brought into captivity to sin in the wretched Flesh. Paul understood this struggle we are having brother. IMO

peace and love to you and yours………………………..gene

NickHassan
    Participant

G,
    So did Jesus lie when he said he overcame?
    No vaccinations-they would make him different.

GeneBalthrop
    Participant

Nick……..NO he did not lie, but notice he said to him that overcomes (even) as (I) have. the question is How did He (Overcome) you believe it was by His (Own) strength, I believe it was BY GOD'S SPIRIT, and we must also (OVERCOME the same way he did) by the Spirit of GOD. Remember Jesus said He could do (NOTHING) of HIMSELF that includes HIS overcoming. I Know this goes against your fear teachings but non the less it is true. WE are (CREATED) unto good works, Just as Jesus was. IMO

peace and love…………………..gene

NickHassan
    Participant

G,
    Surely it was fulfilling the law under the tutelage of his Father cleansing him so he could be fit for the treasure of the indwelling Spirit of God with which he was anointed at the Jordan.

GeneBalthrop
    Participant

Nick………The law is fulfilled by the Spirit, writing them on our hearts and minds as it did Jesus also. Jesus was created unto good works and so are all called by GOD at this time. Remember Jesus said there is (NON) that does GOOD (EXCEPT) ONE and that is GOD. It works the same with US as with Jesus. No difference. IMO

peace and love………………gene

NickHassan
    Participant

G,
    ARE YOU TELLING US HE WAS ANOINTED BEFORE HE WAS ANOINTED?

gollamudi
    Participant

Quote (Gene @ May 07 2009,03:11)

thinker…… this is one of the things I hate about the Doctrine of the Trinity and Preexistences, there teachings separate US from the likeness of Jesus, and one who has that mind set (Cannot) have the true Hope in HIMSELF, because he thinks Jesus was not (truly) like Him. Moving Jesus away from your personal identity destroys your HOPE. “Where there is no vision the people parish”. and again “hope deferred makes the heart sick”.  THE HOPE OF ALL CHRISTIANS SHOULD BE THAT THEY CAN BECOME EXACTLY LIKE JESUS. When He returns we shall see him exactly as he is, we will be the same as he is.  That my friend is the will and purpose of the (ONE AND ONLY TRUE GOD). IMO

Amazing post brother Gene.
    May others also see and be blessed by it.

Thanks and love to you
    Adam

GeneBalthrop
    Participant

Quote (Nick Hassan @ May 07 2009,13:48)
    G,

Nick………The Spirit of GOD was (on) him at berth, but i believe it came to be (IN) Him at Jordan, when the voice from heaven said this my beloved son (This day) i have begotten you. IMO

peace and love………………..gene

kerwin
    Participant

Quote (Nick Hassan @ May 07 2009,08:48)
    G,

Not all men, even all of God's people, are anointed to be King of everything in heaven and on earth.

gollamudi
    Participant

No brother Kerwin, he was not anointed twice but only once at Jordan when the Spirit rested on him like a dove. I don't believe he was anointed at his birth itself though many believe this approach including you I think. The Spirit overshadowing Mary was only meant for his conception rather his creation in the womb of Mary but not for his actual anointing to be the Christ of God.

Peace and love to you
    Adam

Viewing 20 posts - 2,581 through 2,600 (of 25,870 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

© 1999 - 2024 Heaven Net

Navigation

© 1999 - 2023 - Heaven Net
or

or    

Forgot your details?

or

Create Account