JOHN 1:1 who is the WORD?

Viewing 20 posts - 2,521 through 2,540 (of 25,870 total)
  • Author
    NickHassan
    Participant

g,
    By choice each day he walked in the will of God.

GeneBalthrop
    Participant

Nick………(INFLUENCED) CHOICES (GRACE AT WORK). not so-called (FREE WILL) choices brother. Big Difference!. IMO

love and peace to you an yours………………gene

NickHassan
    Participant

G,
    Heb12
    6For whom the Lord loveth he chasteneth, and scourgeth every son whom he receiveth.

7If ye endure chastening, God dealeth with you as with sons; for what son is he whom the father chasteneth not?

8But if ye be without chastisement, whereof all are partakers, then are ye bastards, and not sons.

9Furthermore we have had fathers of our flesh which corrected us, and we gave them reverence: shall we not much rather be in subjection unto the Father of spirits, and live?

10For they verily for a few days chastened us after their own pleasure; but he for our profit, that we might be partakers of his holiness.

11Now no chastening for the present seemeth to be joyous, but grievous: nevertheless afterward it yieldeth the peaceable fruit of righteousness unto them which are exercised thereby.

12Wherefore lift up the hands which hang down, and the feeble knees;

13And make straight paths for your feet, lest that which is lame be turned out of the way; but let it rather be healed.

14Follow peace with all men, and holiness, without which no man shall see the Lord:

15Looking diligently lest any man fail of the grace of God; lest any root of bitterness springing up trouble you, and thereby many be defiled;

We walk daily by faith and not by sight and the rod daily corrects us.

GeneBalthrop
    Participant

Nick……..Yes the rod of GOD. And that should give us comfort. AS it did David (“thy rod and thy Staff doth comfort Me”) .

peace and love to you……………………………….gene

NickHassan
    Participant

G,
    Unless you walk you cannot be guided.

Isaiah 30:21
    And thine ears shall hear a word behind thee, saying, This is the way, walk ye in it, when ye turn to the right hand, and when ye turn to the left.

GeneBalthrop
    Participant

Nick………So who is doing the Guiding, you or the word . You keep trying to put the horse ahead of the cart. We Follow what guiding us.We don't make it lead us. For it's by GRACE we ARE SAVED, when are you ever going to get that in you head brother.

love and peace to you and yours……………………………….gene

epistemaniac
    Participant

Quote (Nick Hassan @ April 15 2009,08:51)
    Hi E,
    Indeed all will bow the knee to King Jesus.
    But is that your idea of what true worship is??

Jesus said something quite different in Jn4

do you read minds N? I thought the bible said that only God knows the heart of men… 1 Kings 8:39 (ESV) then hear in heaven your dwelling place and forgive and act and render to each whose heart you know, according to all his ways ( for you, you only, know the hearts of all the children of mankind),”

so you have no way of knowing if my “idea” of worship is true worship or not….

hopefully the idea that all knees will one day bow is at least one way proper worship will be given to Jesus…. and interestingly enough, that point alone is suffcient proof for the deity of Christ Jesus:
    Isaiah 45:23 (ESV) By myself I have sworn; from my mouth has gone out in righteousness a word that shall not return: ‘To me every knee shall bow, every tongue shall swear allegiance.’
    Romans 14:9-11 (ESV) 9 For to this end Christ died and lived again, that he might be Lord both of the dead and of the living.
    10 Why do you pass judgment on your brother? Or you, why do you despise your brother? For we will all stand before the judgment seat of God; 11 for it is written, “As I live, says the Lord, every knee shall bow to me, and every tongue shall confess to God.”

and yet this homage and worship which should be aimed at God alone, is to be given to Jesus…
    Philippians 2:9-11 (ESV) 9 Therefore God has highly exalted him and bestowed on him the name that is above every name,
    10 so that at the name of Jesus every knee should bow, in heaven and on earth and under the earth, 11 and every tongue confess that Jesus Christ is Lord, to the glory of God the Father.”

so thanks for bringing up proper worship, and who it should be given to… you are indeed quite a theologian! lol…

blessings,
    ken

GeneBalthrop
    Participant

To All………..Words or Logos are our primary way of communication, and God Has chosen it also to communicate with us. We Know word are simply the expression of logical thought an expression of ones intellect. Scripture says a lot about words, “Faith comes by Hearing and Hearing by the (WORD) of GOD”. Word are how the revealed Knowledge of GOD comes into Us, Jesus said my (WORDS) ARE SPIRIT AND LIFE, we are washed by the (WORDS) of GOD, Jesus said now you are clean by the (WORDS) I have spoken unto you. The LORD'S WORDS spoke everything into existence and His ELOHIM (powers) made it so in the beginning. Go through the Scriptures and see how important His word are and also the understanding of them must be coupled with them. Just parroting GOD WORDS is useless, we must (understand them). Jesus said why is it you don't understand my words , it is because it has not been given unto you to. My sheep Hear (understand) my WORDS. IMO

love and peace to you all………………………………………..gene

NickHassan
    Participant

G,
    No armchair ride.
    No robots.

Walk while the light is with you.

GeneBalthrop
    Participant

Nick……..Who is saying anything about a armchair ride, the only one who has ever said that is you certainly not me. What makes you think because GOD by His GRACE guides our Hearts and minds that that equates to armchair religion. Fear is for the ungodly and unbelieving, You must believe what scripture says Nick, if you do you will have confidence in God the Father and Jesus both. IMO

love and peace……………………………….gene

NickHassan
    Participant

G,
    God is the potter and not all pots are for use.

Rom9
    21Hath not the potter power over the clay, of the same lump to make one vessel unto honour, and another unto dishonour?

22What if God, willing to shew his wrath, and to make his power known, endured with much longsuffering the vessels of wrath fitted to destruction:

Rom11
    5Even so then at this present time also there is a remnant according to the election of grace.

GeneBalthrop
    Participant

Nick……….The potter makes the pots, the pots do not make themselves do they? Who soever GOD calls He also Justifies.
    Rom 8:33 Who shall lay (ANY THING) to the charge of God's (ELECT)? It is GOD that Justifieth. IMO

love and peace to you…………………………………gene

NickHassan
    Participant

G,
    Some are for the fire of destruction.

Acts 2:40
    And with many other words did he testify and exhort, saying, Save yourselves from this untoward generation.

GeneBalthrop
    Participant

Nick………How do you know your aren't one of them?  Where is scriptures that says (some are for) as if predestined for a literial Fire and destruction,  Does a loving God destory what he has made, while all the time saying forgive your enemies, do good to those who spitefully use you and say all manor of evil  against you. Jesus said (ALL) manor of Sin shall be forgiven man except blasphemy against the spirit, and that sin will not be forgiven but will de dealt with through intense judgement (FIRE).  GOD HAS CONCLUDED ALL UNDER SIN THAT HE MIGHT HAVE MERCY ON (ALL). God is able to save all,  Remember Nick he who shows no mercy will recieve none, for a man shall be judged as He judges. And again Judge nothing before the time. IMO

love to you and yours…………………………………..gene

kerwin
    Participant

Gene wrote:

Does a loving God destroy what he has made, while all the time saying forgive your enemies, do good to those who spitefully use you and say all manor of evil  against you.

What is your definition of justice?

justice.” Merriam-Webster Online Dictionary. 2009 reads:

1 a. the maintenance or administration of what is just especially by the impartial adjustment of conflicting claims or the assignment of merited rewards or punishments

You are neglecting considering that God is Just because He is loving.  God is not an enabler of evil and using scripture in attempt to prove He is an enabler of evil is corrupting those scriptures.  In addition accusing God of being unjust is not a wise course of action.  Instead you should seek to discover why God is just to do as He does and if you seek through the spirit of love He will provide an answer.

Romans 9:22(NIV) reads:

What if God, choosing to show his wrath and make his power known, bore with great patience the objects of his wrath—prepared for destruction?

GeneBalthrop
    Participant

Kerwin…….I am not negating GOD Justices or judgments, I emphasize his mercy and judgments , To assume that GOD is predisposed to burn people up in an ever burning literial Hell fire is what i believe is a perversion of His nature and his loving WILL. And your whole premise of GOD waiting to throw his created children in to a lake of fire , you are basing on a scripture the Says (WHAT IF) that is a question not a statement of fact as you and Nick seem to believe. Where have i ever said GOD is an enabler to do evil , and when have I accused GOD of being unjust. Please post these statements i have made if you are accusing me of saying them. God is no respecter of persons if he has mercy on you and me what makes you think he will not on others also. IMO

love and peace to you…………………………………….gene

kerwin
    Participant

Gene wrote:

Where have i ever said GOD is an enabler to do evil , and when have I accused GOD of being unjust.

Your very tenet of universal salvation states these things as loudly as can be to those that can hear.

Gene wrote:

you are basing on a scripture the Says (WHAT IF) that is a question not a statement of fact as you  and Nick seem to believe.

It is the basic nature of God to punish those who persist in doing evil and reward those who do right.  It is a rhetorical question as is plain from context of the scripture.  Paul even tells us why God does through some into the fire a little later in the scripture using another rhetorical question.  Perhaps Paul did not know but was speculating but if that is the case his speculation sounds plausible.  Still we tend to look at Paul as a prophet and therefore his words as the words of God.

Gene wrote:

God is no respecter of persons if he has mercy on you and me what makes you think he will not on others also.

If a person does not show love to others then how can they expect to receive mercy from God for to reward those who persist in being hateful is a false mercy.

God wants people to change and he gives them plenty of chance to change.  Sometimes I believe he gives us too many chances to change but I am in error when I so doubt God's love.

gollamudi
    Participant

Quote (kerwin @ April 14 2009,01:02)

Quote (gollamudi @ April 13 2009,16:22)
    Hi brother Kerwin,
    Thanks for such explanation. I also believe that there is no necessity to personify the “word” or interpret it in ontological way. Yes, Jesus is not the graphical image of God instead he is the image of His person but not in homousious way as often trinitarians claim here. Jesus being fully human in nature represented that one God of the Bible to us in full but not in an ontological way of Hellenism. He functioned/functions as God to us. He is the mediator between that one God of the Bible and us men. He is not from different stock but from same stock as we are men. God is alone in His own stock(category). There is no one who can be compared to Him. I hope this should end the dialogue here.

May God bless you
    Adam

Good explanation!

Hi brothers Kerwin and Gene,
    Thanks for your appreciation and encouragement. I do appreciate both of your posts on Jn 1:1.

Peace and love to you
    Adam

gollamudi
    Participant

Quote (Gene @ April 15 2009,13:30)
    Nick………To say one is the true way and bread to life, is far from saying the person himself is the giver of the life . Again Jesus' who purpose was to show us the way to a right relationship with God , but to give him the credit of GOD Himself is error of the the meaning spoken in the text.  We look to Jesus as the way to that life from the Father, but not to him as the life himself. You would think you would understand that seeing Jesus said He is the (WAY), why would he be the (WAY) if He was Himself the life. Jesus did not even give himself life much less anyone else. As i said you and WJ may be more alike then you think brother. You don't seem to be able to seperate a (MAN) from a GOD.  IMO

love and peace to you and yours…………………………..gene

Hi brother Gene,
    One more good post from you. Yes, you are right in saying that the “words” that Jesus spoke were not his but of God and he had been given the authority to be the giver of life. He is the “way” not the “destination” that is God. He is the man-mediator between one God and men. What else they need to be proved that Jesus was and is from our stock of human and not from angel/god stock as they often claim. Hope they will understand this real truth.

Peace and love to you
    Adam

KangarooJack
    Participant

Quote (Nick Hassan @ April 10 2009,08:39)
    Hi TT,
    No scriptures say God is a trinity.
    None even to parrot.
    Out on a limb

Nick,
    Colossians 1:17 says that all things were created FOR Christ. So forget the “trinity” term for a moment. What did Paul mean when he said that all things were created FOR Christ?

thinker

Viewing 20 posts - 2,521 through 2,540 (of 25,870 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

© 1999 - 2024 Heaven Net

Navigation

© 1999 - 2023 - Heaven Net
or

or    

Forgot your details?

or

Create Account