JOHN 1:1 who is the WORD?

Viewing 20 posts - 2,461 through 2,480 (of 25,871 total)
  • Author
    NickHassan
    Participant

G,
    So glory is a plan?

GeneBalthrop
    Participant

Jesus…..> destiny and Glory he would recieve was definitely planed. Jesus was foreordained as Peter said. Read what is truly and clearly written , and you don't to have to add something to it or change the words to mean thing that to fit you preexistence views like the Trinitarians do. Trinitarians and preexistences are both in error to what scriptures actually says. Nick if you don't know that Jesus was in God's plan reread Genesis . IMO

love and peace to you and yours……………………….gene

NickHassan
    Participant

G,
    He had glory.
    Not a plan but glory.

Proclaimer
    Participant

Gene.

The Logos is identified by using the definite article in every instance in John 1:1. If an attribute or qualification was being sought, why use the definite article which is also applied to God, except in John 1:1c.

A second witness to the Logos being Christ is that the Logos was WITH God.

The third witness is that the Logos became flesh and we know that Jesus came in the flesh.

GeneBalthrop
    Participant

Nick……….And you ideas are just gibberish, So if i were you i would worry more about what you are saying then others. you seem to neither understand nor comprehend Scriptures plain words. AS far as i can tell your dogmas offer no sound Scripture backing, Simply Blind Preexistence and Trinitarian dogmas and ideologies. Preexistences and Trinitarians are in the same delusional state. IMO

love and peace to you and yours……………………………………..gene

NickHassan
    Participant

G,
    If only you would offer scripture.
    Your ideas are unhelpful

GeneBalthrop
    Participant

T8…. I have explained to you before how a definite article does not have to proceed a Noun it can just as easily proceed a attribute as easily., the hand, the powerful, the sight was beautiful, the word, (expressed intellect) was with GOD and WAS GOD , They are one and the same. This expressed intellect or GOD is what enlighten every man coming into the earth.  As it says. Jesus is not the one enlightening every man coming into the world that is GOD the Father who (ALONE AND BY HIMSELF) created everything that exists. And He gives His creating GLORY to (NO) Man , not even Jesus. Not to mention Jesus plainly said the words were (NOT) HIS.

So how can you make him the word in the beginning them. You trinitarians and preexistences have to dodge or ignore or add you own thought to your dogmas, to try to make scripture say what it plainly does not say . Show me one scripture that says Jesus preexisted by any prophets or disciples anywhere. Surely such a great thing would have been explained (very very clearly) and we would not have to try to piece scripture to make it say what we want it to.  T8 if John wanted to say Jesus He would have just said Jesus, can't you understand that, so ask yourself why is Jesus name not there then, It is obvious because John did not mean Jesus or he would have said it. The apostle John was not a stupid person brother. IMO

love and peace to you and yours………………………………..gene

GeneBalthrop
    Participant

Nick………I have offered many scriptures , you are just unable to comprehend them. So you start a personal attack or start labeling me and others. Which really only shows us your lack of true knowledge. IMO

love and peace to you and yours…………………………………gene

NickHassan
    Participant

G,
    When did you last offer a scripture without your interpretative adornments attached?
    I do not think you can.

GeneBalthrop
    Participant

Nick…….Here is one i offered many times , but you still don't believe what it says < Jesus said the (WORDS) He SPOKE (ARE) Spirit and Life. Now do you believe words (ARE) Spirit and LIFE, (let me answer for you) NO YOU DON'T. Or you would not say ANGLES ARE THEMSELVES SPIRIT. You ignorants of Scripture is the problem here. IMO

love and peace ………………………………………gene

NickHassan
    Participant

G,
    I am sure there are places where everyone can share their ideas while sprinkling in some scriptures as well but this is a scripture study site and human reasonings are regarded as rather more trivial as any sort of evidence in the search for truth.

The words of carnal men are not spirit and life but those of the Word who dwelt with us are.

GeneBalthrop
    Participant

Nick………Show Scripture that say the words of carnal men are not Spirit and Life but the word who dwelt with us are. Again Carnal blabbling with not one scripture to back up a single word you have Just written. Pure Garbage Brother.

love an peace to you and yours……………………………….gene

NickHassan
    Participant

G,
    It is not for us to show such things as we have not claimed them.
    Your own intelletual ideas are insufficient proof.
    Do you have anything else to offer?

GeneBalthrop
    Participant

Nick………..Yes Scriptures but you don't accept them and that is obvious unless they meet you dogmas or assumed interpretations. Parroting Scriptures is ussless if you don't understand them. IMO

NickHassan
    Participant

G,
    How will you ever understand scripture if you keep adding your own thoughts to the sacred words?

GeneBalthrop
    Participant

Nick……..And how will you ever understand them if You have (NO) thoughts on what they mean. Parroting scripture only makes you a parrot without understanding or you could easily explain what Scriptures are saying. You can't even take the simplest of scripture and understand them much less the difficult ones. I ask you to explain Just one real simple scripture Jesus spoke that would take some of the cobwebs out of your mind, and you never have shown the remotest Idea of what it means. IMO

love and peace to you and yours…………………………………..gene

Tim Kraft
    Participant

We all must be re-created mentally by Spirit. Being reborn of Spirit or recreating your mind to Spirit is the teaching of Christ.Jesus spoke Gods Words which are Spirit and they are life.They are Truth, they are Light, they are from God, they are thoughts they are Angels or messengers of God. If you accept and believe the words,spirit,truth that Jesus gave us they will create you anew. That is the new creation, a new creature in Spirit/Christ. Through Jesus the words, spirit, message of God is believed in a human being and he is transformed back to God/Man the original creation.Once again the word is made flesh in a man. As in the beginning God got into man and man became a living soul.The return to the original creation and intent of God is what Jesus came to reveal.Religion or mans ideas about God had been so distorted and darkened to the point that mankind needed someone to show the Truth. Jesus was that light to lead us back mentally to who we were intended to be originally. Sons of God, brothers of Jesus, One united family for whosoever will accept the free gift. Love Tim

NickHassan
    Participant

Hi TK,
    God gave man His breath.
    His breath is of him but it is not him.
    Adam was not God/man but dirt enlivened.

KangarooJack
    Participant

Quote (Gene @ April 08 2009,03:52)
    Nick………..Yes Scriptures but you don't accept them and that is obvious unless they meet you dogmas or assumed interpretations. Parroting Scriptures is ussless if you don't understand them. IMO

Gene,
    I agree with you on this one bro.

thinker

NickHassan
    Participant

Hi TT,
    No scriptures say God is a trinity.
    None even to parrot.
    Out on a limb

Viewing 20 posts - 2,461 through 2,480 (of 25,871 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

© 1999 - 2024 Heaven Net

Navigation

© 1999 - 2023 - Heaven Net
or

or    

Forgot your details?

or

Create Account