JOHN 1:1 who is the WORD?

Viewing 20 posts - 2,381 through 2,400 (of 25,871 total)
  • Author
    GeneBalthrop
    Participant

Nick…….. Your above quote is saying that God Makes His angles SPIRITS (another words GOD gives His angles their SPIRITS. and He also (MAKES) His ministers a flame of Fire (they minister Judgments),  and WORDS are expression of ones (INTELLECT). Jesus said they (WORDS) (ARE) SPIRIT. So Put it together and what do you get. Spirit is the expression of Words, one intellect. SO SPIRIT and INTELLECT are one and the same. If you have GODS SPIRIT then you have (HOLY SPIRIT) Which is HOLY INTELLECT that resides in you thinking. This is not hard to understand Nick. For those who have the SPIRIT of GOD in them. IMO

peace and love to you and yours…………………………………………gene

kerwin
    Participant

Gene wrote:

GOD Poured Out His Spirit (INTELLECT) into the earth

I believe I quoted this one whole idea of yours though I quoted it out of a long sentence. It is the point I wish to address though I agree with your point that there is godly knowledge and worldly knowledge. Still the Spirit is not about knowledge except in to say it is about the knowledge of how to love as God loves and that only because it is the power to love as God loves and so keep the perfect law found in scripture. So I would not say that God pours out His intellect since those that believe do not gain the intelligence of God but rather he pours out His love because those that believe gain the power to love as God loves.

James 1:21-25 reads:

Therefore, get rid of all moral filth and the evil that is so prevalent and humbly accept the word planted in you, which can save you. Do not merely listen to the word, and so deceive yourselves. Do what it says. Anyone who listens to the word but does not do what it says is like a man who looks at his face in a mirror and, after looking at himself, goes away and immediately forgets what he looks like. But the man who looks intently into the perfect law that gives freedom, and continues to do this, not forgetting what he has heard, but doing it—he will be blessed in what he does.

NickHassan
    Participant

G,
    UNDERSTANDING is not our God but only an tiny aspect of His loving wise nature.
    You should put this silly gnostic intellect idea aside and learn from what is written

NickHassan
    Participant

G,
    Let scripture speak without your guidance.

GeneBalthrop
    Participant

Nick……They don't seem to be speaking to you very well about this Subject. IMO

love and peace to you and yours…………………………………gene

GeneBalthrop
    Participant

Kerwin……….God's Love is truly Godly intellect shed around in you mind (Heart). God takes out of us the (STONY HEART) by giving us His awareness in our Minds. God gives us the sense (intellect) to perceive as He does, We then begin to Change, But all of this is the result of Spirit (intellect) given through (WORDS) which ARE Spirit as Jesus said and (WORDS) are always an expression of ones intellect, rather mans or GOD'S. literial being themselves rather angles or humans and not themselves Spirits, they posse Spirit, and these Spirit (intellects) give us awareness and can be either good or evil.

love and peace to you and yours………………………………..gene

NickHassan
    Participant

G,
    We really do not need your special gnostic code to understand scripture.
    If allowed it speaks for itself.

GeneBalthrop
    Participant

Nick……Thats is one of the most stupid statements i think i ever hear you say, “Understanding is not our GOD but (ONLY) a (TINY) Aspect of his loving wise nature”. Where is that scripture found as a description of GOD. I would say understanding is a Hugh Aspect of GOD'S Nature. And you accuse me of Gnosticism>

peace and love to you and yours……………………………………….gene

NickHassan
    Participant

G,
    Where did you find these gnostic ideas?

GeneBalthrop
    Participant

Kerwin……..Remember , Scripture says a man (is) as He thinks, in other how a man thinks is Him, and how he thinks is what he will produce in His life. We are told to try the Spirits to see if they are of GOD, Why because so a man thinket so He is. Its all about how we think and this intellect is SPIRIT and is expressed by WORDS. NOT some angel Being coming in and out of us as NICK seems to think. I have told Nick a long time ago He does not Know what SPIRIT Means and He still doesn't. IMO

love and [eace to you and yours……………………………………………….gene

GeneBalthrop
    Participant

Nick……….Prove that what i said is any one of the Gnostic teachings. I can show where yours are though as i all ready have.You believe Jesus preexisted and so did the Gnostic's. As i have said your teachings conform more to gnosticism the mine do. IMO

love and peace to you and yours…………………………………………..gene

kerwin
    Participant

dirtyknections wrote:

because Immanuel does not accurately describe Jesus relation to his father like “the word” does…

I hear what you say but I am not sure how you reached that conclusion since I personally think they pretty much describe the same thing.  Could you please provide more detail?  Thank you.

kerwin
    Participant

Nick Hassan wrote:

God was IN Christ reconciling the world to Himself.
    2Cor5

T8 gave a similar answer and that brought up my question “is that was like The Word becoming flesh?”   How would you choose answer that question?

NickHassan
    Participant

Hi KW,
    No.

Jesus was a man as Scripture testifies frequently.
    Men are not God but they are vessels for God or evil.

God was not AS him but IN HIM  

Jesus was filled with the Spirit of God at the Jordan and began his ministry of wisdom and power.[Lk 4.1,Acts 10.38]

We follow him and God also can be in us..as Spirit .

Eph 3.19
    ' 19And to know the love of Christ, which passeth knowledge, that ye might be filled with all the fulness of God. '

kerwin
    Participant

Nick Hassan wrote:

Jesus was a man as Scripture testifies frequently.
    Men are not God but they are vessels for God or evil.

I agree!  Still I am trying to get at what you believe the term “Word” means in John 1:1 where it clearly states the “Word is with God and the Word is God”.   If I understand correctly you basically follow the Adoptionism with a couple of twists. The first is that Jesus was not born merely human but is instead a special kind in being the “Son of God” and the second is you do not believe he became God.  That would make Jesus a demigod in the sense of him being either a super angel or an inferior deity.  I do not know the details of how you choose to view him but neither would be a mere man. Still I believe this is all linked to the term “Word” as used in John 1:1.

Nick Hassan wrote:

Jesus was filled with the Spirit of God at the Jordan and began his ministry of wisdom and power.[Lk 4.1,Acts 10.38]

Your statement is true but does that mean that Jesus did not have God in him previous to being baptized in the Jordan.   You stated elsewhere he was reborn at the Jordan even though scripture tells us John’s baptism was only a baptism of repentance and not of rebirth.  Personally I favor the idea that it was a baptism for Jesus to enter the priesthood and thus his ministry.   I have not studied the issue yet but it sounds reasonable at face value.

Nick Hassan wrote:

We follow him and God also can be in us..as Spirit .

If we obey Jesus’ teachings then God and Jesus will be with us as Spirit.

NickHassan
    Participant

Hi KW,
    The baby born at Bethlehem was human.
    No head start but a being of the dust of earth which defines men.

” remember man that thou art dust…”

He was brought up by his true heavenly Father and suffered painful discipline as he grew.[Heb12]
    God was with him.[Acts 10]

He was enamoured of the Word but not of the Spirit of God till anointed at the Jordan.[Acts 10]

His unique origins are another matter entirely.

NickHassan
    Participant

G,
    Your teachings are your own and barely related to scripture.
    That makes them of some other spirit.
    That means they are gnostic.

kerwin
    Participant

Nick Hassan wrote:

He was enamored of the Word but not of the Spirit of God till anointed at the Jordan.[Acts 10]

I agree that he loves God’s Word with all his heart, mind, strength, and soul and because of that love God gave His Spirit to him and because of that love Jesus chose to live by the Spirit and so not fulfill the desires of his sinful nature.   I agree that God’s Spirit descended on Jesus when he was baptized in the Jordan but I do not agree that is when he received the Spirit within him at that time since it is obvious the Spirit also descended on him at his conception and according to logical reasoning one must have the Spirit to live by it..

Luke 1:35(NIV) reads:

The angel answered, “The Holy Spirit will come upon you, and the power of the Most High will overshadow you. So the holy one to be born will be called the Son of God.

And

Galatians 5:22-25(NIV) reads:

But the fruit of the Spirit is love, joy, peace, patience, kindness, goodness, faithfulness, gentleness and self-control. Against such things there is no law. Those who belong to Christ Jesus have crucified the sinful nature with its passions and desires. Since we live by the Spirit, let us keep in step with the Spirit.

I ask you to consider this; Gabriel clearly stated “the holy one to be born will be called the Son of God” and scripture tells those who can become sons only through belief in Jesus that they become sons of God when they are reborn in spirit.  So does it not make sense that Jesus became the Son of God when he received the Spirit within and not just when it descended on Him?  Since God is everywhere and His Spirit is also everywhere can it not be both within Jesus and descend on him at the same time?

Nick Hassan wrote:

His unique origins are another matter entirely.

Your idea about his unique origins are where your beliefs confuse me since if Jesus is other than a man then how can he be a man like us.  I admit that angels are called men but that may merely mean they appear to be men at times.

NickHassan
    Participant

Hi KW,
    God does not give His Spirit because of man's works.

NickHassan
    Participant

Hi KW,
    The Spirit of God does not naturally reside in any man.
    You must be born again.

Heb4
    10For he that is entered into his rest, he also hath ceased from his own works, as God did from his.

Viewing 20 posts - 2,381 through 2,400 (of 25,871 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

© 1999 - 2024 Heaven Net

Navigation

© 1999 - 2023 - Heaven Net
or

or    

Forgot your details?

or

Create Account