Is baptism needed for salvation?

Viewing 20 posts - 1,801 through 1,820 (of 4,344 total)
  • Author
    NickHassan
    Participant

Hi TT,
    Apostles are appointed by Christ in his body and nowhere does it say they are a temporary part.
    1Cor12
    28And God hath set some in the church, first apostles, secondarily prophets, thirdly teachers, after that miracles, then gifts of healings, helps, governments, diversities of tongues.

29Are all apostles? are all prophets? are all teachers? are all workers of miracles?

SEEKING
    Participant

Thinker wrote –

Hey Seeking,
    Man does NOT baptize in water. Apostles baptize in water and they're all dead and gone. Therefore, baptism died with them.

Here are the original instructions –

Then Jesus came to them and said, “All authority in heaven and on earth has been given to me. Therefore go and make disciples of all nations, baptizing them in the name of the Father and of the Son and of the Holy Spirit, and teaching them to obey everything I have commanded you. And surely I am with you always, to the very end of the age.” Mt.28:18-20

Now let's see here – you baptize, you teach others to obey everything you were commanded to do, they obey and teach others and on and on. You die. It doesn't end with your death. Jesus didn't intend it to, thus His instructions that would be perpetual.

Seeking

Participant

Quote (SEEKING @ Feb. 11 2009,09:14)
    Thinker wrote –

Hey Seeking,
    Man does NOT baptize in water. Apostles baptize in water and they're all dead and gone. Therefore, baptism died with them.

Here are the original instructions –

Then Jesus came to them and said, “All authority in heaven and on earth has been given to me.  Therefore go and make disciples of all nations, baptizing them in the name of the Father and of the Son and of the Holy Spirit,  and teaching them to obey everything I have commanded you. And surely I am with you always, to the very end of the age.” Mt.28:18-20

Now let's see here – you baptize, you teach others to obey everything you were commanded to do, they obey and teach others and on and on.  You die.  It doesn't end with your death.  Jesus didn't intend it to, thus His instructions that would be perpetual.

Seeking

Amen. Seeking.

NickHassan
    Participant

amen

KangarooJack
    Participant

942767 wrote:

Now let's see here – you baptize, you teach others to obey everything you were commanded to do, they obey and teach others and on and on.  You die.  It doesn't end with your death.  Jesus didn't intend it to, thus His instructions that would be perpetual.

Jesus told His disciples that He would be with THEM until the end of the age. This means that the disciples would have to be alive and be baptizing to the end of the age. Therefore, when the end of the old covenant age came baptism was no longer a mandate. And if baptism was still being practiced beyond that age's end it would have stopped with their deaths. For there was no one else given the authority to baptize except the disciples themselves and anyone else who they directly appointed or who God or Jesus directly appointed.

The original apostles cannot directly appoint men to baptize today because the apostles are all dead. And God or Jesus don't appoint men to baptize because there is no apostolic succession. Marty, you have agreed that men cannot ordain men today. You have conceded that only God can appoint men now. But we have no way of knowing who God has ordained because there is no one today who has the authority to works signs and wonders. Signs and wonders were the credentials that a man had been ordained by God.

If you believe that a man performs signs and wonders today and that he is a bonafide apostle, then ONLY that man can baptize you. In other words, if baptism applies today then a man who is ordained by men does NOT have the authority to baptize. So if you were baptized by such a man then God does not recognize it.

thinker

NickHassan
    Participant

HI TT,
    The Spirit of Jesus is in all those in his body.
    They know his voice

Gal2
    20I am crucified with Christ: nevertheless I live; yet not I, but Christ liveth in me: and the life which I now live in the flesh I live by the faith of the Son of God, who loved me, and gave himself for me.

KangarooJack
    Participant

Quote (Nick Hassan @ Feb. 21 2009,19:44)
    HI TT,
    The Spirit of Jesus is in all those in his body.
    They know his voice

Gal2
    20I am crucified with Christ: nevertheless I live; yet not I, but Christ liveth in me: and the life which I now live in the flesh I live by the faith of the Son of God, who loved me, and gave himself for me.

Your point being…?

thinker

GeneBalthrop
    Participant

thethinker……I believe you have it right, today we are baptized with the baptism of Christ (Spirit and Fire) The Water Baptisms applied to those under the old Covenant, I was baptized in water twice in my life and all i got was wet, but when the elders laid there hands on me and prayed over me i literally felt the Spirit come into me, with power, I have had many, many, many, miracles happen in my life so far even the raising back to life a still born child in the presents of four witness , God still gives signs and wonders even in this day.

peace and love to you and yours…………………….gene

NickHassan
    Participant

G,
    That is a popular view.
    But will it stand scrutiny when men meet the Master?

Matthew 22:12
    'Friend,' he asked, 'how did you get in here without wedding clothes?' The man was speechless.

We are clothed in Christ in baptism.[gal]

GeneBalthrop
    Participant

Nick……….True we are cloth in Christ (in HIS Baptism) not made with water but with the Spirit of GOD Given us through Him. So the question is How will you Stand with the Baptism of water? At the wedding, will that be enough to cloth you. You seem to think so, but time will tell.

peace……………………………………..gene

NickHassan
    Participant

G,
    Hebrews 10:22
    Let us draw near with a true heart in full assurance of faith, having our hearts sprinkled from an evil conscience, and our bodies washed with pure water.

1 Corinthians 6:11
    And such were some of you: but ye are washed, but ye are sanctified, but ye are justified in the name of the Lord Jesus, and by the Spirit of our God.

NickHassan
    Participant

Hi,
    Those who are washed need to watch their path and their teaching.
    2 Peter 2:22
    But it is happened unto them according to the true proverb, The dog is turned to his own vomit again; and the sow that was washed to her wallowing in the mire.

KangarooJack
    Participant

Quote (Nick Hassan @ Feb. 22 2009,05:09)
    G,
    That is a popular view.
    But will it stand scrutiny when men meet the Master?

Matthew 22:12
    'Friend,' he asked, 'how did you get in here without wedding clothes?' The man was speechless.

We are clothed in Christ in baptism.[gal]

Nick,
    Again I ask you. What is your point?

thinker

NickHassan
    Participant

Hi tt,
    We must be water baptised in the name of Jesus.

KangarooJack
    Participant

Quote (Nick Hassan @ Feb. 22 2009,16:39)
    Hi tt,
    We must be water baptised in the name of Jesus.

Nope! Only Jews had to be baptized and only apostles had the authority to baptize.

thinker

NickHassan
    Participant

Hi tt,
    I hope he agrees with you.

NickHassan
    Participant

Hi tt,
    Apostles are still part of the body of Christ.
    Cornelius was no Jew

KangarooJack
    Participant

Nick said:

Apostles are still part of the body of Christ.
    Cornelius was no Jew

Apostles were part of the FOUNDATION (Eph. 2). And Cornelius was a proselyte. Proselyte = Jew

thinker

NickHassan
    Participant

Hi TT,
    You must have found that in scripture somewhere?
    I can't.

KangarooJack
    Participant

Quote (Nick Hassan @ Feb. 23 2009,11:45)
    Hi TT,
    You must have found that in scripture somewhere?
    I can't.

Ephesians 2:19:

…having been built on the foundation of the apostles and prophets, Jesus Christ being the chief corner stone….

thinker

Viewing 20 posts - 1,801 through 1,820 (of 4,344 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

© 1999 - 2024 Heaven Net

Navigation

© 1999 - 2023 - Heaven Net
or

or    

Forgot your details?

or

Create Account