Is baptism needed for salvation?

Viewing 20 posts - 1,741 through 1,760 (of 4,344 total)
  • Author
    KangarooJack
    Participant

Quote (Gene Balthrop @ Feb. 06 2009,14:00)
    Nick……….there are Physical things for the Canal Minds and there a Spiritual things for the Spiritual minds. Trying to mix the two doesn't work Nick. The baptism of Christ is what is need for all who are being saved. IMO

Gene,
    Jesus warned against Nick's kind of thinking. He said that new wine cannot be put into old wineskins. This is exactly what Nick and others are trying to do. They are mixing the two covenants.

But God made a clean break from the old covenant.

your friend,
    thinker

GeneBalthrop
    Participant

thinker………..Amen to that.

peace and love to you and yours………………………..gene

GeneBalthrop
    Participant

thinker………..I have told Nick that before , You can not put New wine in old skins, New wine must be put in new skins. Amen Brother.

love and peace to you and yours…………………………..gene

NickHassan
    Participant

Hi TT,
    We are to put on Christ.
    The mind of Christ is the wineskin that will not be burst by the new wine of the Spirit.

Carnal thinkers are bewildered by the depth and breadth of scriptural truth and must reject much of it.
    Old wineskins are dry and will split when someone attempts to fill them again.
    But we must let our minds accommodate as new skins do.

GeneBalthrop
    Participant

Nick………..Old wine skins have already been stretched to there maximum by the Gas of fermentation., and so if new wine is put in them they burst, and the wine is lost as well as the skin. Brother you can't put the New Covenant into the Old Covenant. It won't work. Again you say (WE MUST LET) as if to say we are (in control) of it. You still haven't come to See GOD the FATHER is in control of (ALL) things including our Salvation. It is He that (CAUSES) us to come to Jesus, we can not do it ourselves as Jesus Plainly said. Mans so-called “free will” Choices has nothing to do with our salvation or man could take some credit for his own salvation, But scripture says we are saved BY GRACE AND THAT (GRACE) is not of OURSELVES (NOT) by works LEST ANY SHOULD BOAST. Nick brother why can't you accept this?

love and peace to you and yours……………………………gene

Samuel
    Participant

I have a question.

How does one profess to have a complete understanding of the fullness of GOD?

When no man hath seen GOD at anytime.  Jesus stated this himself.

If no man has ever even seen the fullness of GOD, how can you even begin to start trying to comprend his fullness?

GOD only knows how hard it was be even if you have seen his fullness.

I do agree that according to the scripture, and what it says about being baptized, that In the Name of the Lord Jesus Christ is the correct words to utter while performing this, among other things, like saying grace over your meal…In Jesus' Name, Praying for you Wisdom in Jesus' Name.

But there are some scriptures that rise questions to this Oneness belief.

There is a pacicular story that states that All power in Heaven and Earth is given to JESUS.   And that he should regin till he puts all things and enemies under him…or makes them his foot stool.   Then, it says that he will turn everything back over to HIM.     So…either JESUS is going to be remanifest back into spirit and however it works cause I don't know.   Or there is someone else.   One of the two.

Then Jesus did not …well we don't know for sure that he did not know.   But he did state that know man knew, the day or hour, not the angles, or the son.  Essentially, refering to himself in the third person.

He instructed us to pray to GOD, and to ask GOD for all things in HIS NAME.    And all that we ask in HIS NAME shall be given.

Indeed it it very convincing both ways…actually.

I have seen scriptures where it says such things as “Hear O' Israel the Lord thy GOD is One GOD.”  

But then David says that he seen His Lord say to His Lord.

Then When Jesus was Baptized Jesus was in the flesh, while the spirit of the Holy Ghost desended as a Dove, and the Father spoke with a voice from heaven saying “This is my beloved son in whom I am well pleased”

Then Stephen while he was being stoned to death looked up and saw Jesus on the Right hand of the father.

So what gives then?  

Oneness will rather die than believe Trinity.
    Trinity would rather die than believe Oneness.

I mean its flat out driving me nuts the way this thing is going down.

To hear people bickering back and forth and back and forth and back and forth.

And making people feel like they don't know GOD and don't believe in JESUS or that he came and died in the flesh on the cross for their sins.

THAT IS COMPLETE DEVILERY!

I'm sick of hearing it.

GOD Loves every single person on the face of this earth just as much as he loves everyone.

That translates to this….

HE LOVES ONENESS JUST THE SAME AS TRINITY
    AND HE LOVES TRINITY JUST AS MUCH AS HE DOES ONENESS

To say other wise is to call GOD a lair.

So get over it already…please

Sounds like a bunch of 5 year olds

NickHassan
    Participant

Hi,
    You must be born again of water and the Spirit.
    Nothing has changed since Jesus taught these things.

Samuel
    Participant

Actually yes, I have been baptized in water…under both formulas. With the formula of “In the name of the Lord Jesus” being the most recent.

I have confessed with my mouth, and humbled myself before GOD, and asked for forgivness of my sins. I have made a very diligent effort to turn from my wicked ways, in some cases to no avail.

What I mean by that is …no i'm not perfect. No, i'm not what even I think I should be. And I'm 100% convinced that If I'm not where I think I should be by my standards, I'm most certain that I'm probably far from what I should be by GODS standards.

I know what I am. I am a complete lump of charcoal. I'm a filthy dirty rag, a dog, a viper. I am nothing near perfect.

If there is any GOOD in me what so ever, it is all GODS doing. I am not capable of being GOOD by myself. With out GOD I am nothing. With out LOVE I am nothing.

I would gladly bash a TV every day if I thought it would change what I am.

I'd buy Snuggies and wear them to cover my whole body if I thought it would change what I am.

But the fact of the matter is I CAN'T CHANGE WHAT I AM.

Only GOD can change me. I just have to figure out how to let him.

If we could change ourselves, than we would not need GOD.

We can pretend that we have changed ourselves. We can Appear to look Rightous in the eyes of other men. But still yet, one day your Castle will fall, if Christ is not the King of that Castle.

I've had people catch me up in something that is un-becoming of what a christian should be. And they are right there to call you out on it. “Oh, See there! You said a cuss word!”

Yeah, yeah I did. Guess what? Peter did too. Now that don't make either one of us right. However, Thats why Jesus came to die for us. To pay for our sins. Jesus Already made it right…Praise GOD!

So I tell people if you are watching me to see if I'm going to slip up…

Let me answer that one for you right now already.

The answer is YES. I will be slipping up. The answer is NO I'm not perfect.

And the truth be known, its possible that I might not be where I need to be right now with GOD. But, I try to repent every chance that I get. And when the chance arises for me to do something that might bring glory to GOD I do it.

Sometimes I even put too much of me in it. When It needs to be more of GOD.

I'm just the DVD player. The Holy Ghost is the Media that speaks through me. Jesus is the one that can make everything better. Not me folks. I'm struggling on this log like an ant just like you. We are on the same log, In the same perdicament.

Get baptized, repent of your sins, trust in Jesus Christ, and die daily.

KangarooJack
    Participant

Samuel asked:

If no man has ever even seen the fullness of GOD, how can you even begin to start trying to comprend his fullness?

We start by picking up the written revelation God has given to us, namely, the Bible.

thinker

Samuel
    Participant

Bible

Basic
    Instructions
    Before
    Leaving
    Earth

It is not my intention to deface the original posters inquiry.

I just get going sometimes and get off topic. In truth my biggest problem is my self. My own self.

And, my self is bustin' at the seams inside of me over the way we act. I can't even get people to come to church. I invited a girl last night and she asked me do we yell? Do we do this do we do that?

Now most people say, well we stand against sin. Of course we do. But yet most of us sin ourselves (some people actually think they don't sin, and are perfect for some odd reason.)
    Or, “Well they just don't want to do right”

Who does want to do right? We are MAN we were cursed with the posion of sin, all have sinned. Its a posion that flows through all of our veins.

Of course people are going to be fighting their flesh. Where you not fighting your flesh that day you repented?

No, what I have come to think that it is, is that we have to turn people away to burry their dead, before we will have anything to do with them. Until then they are just unworthy in our eyes.

But, Jesus said to the man that said give me time to burry my dead. Jesus told him let the dead burry their dead, come follow me.

We are always trying to pour new wine into old bottles. GOD FORBID if some other holy roller came in our church and seen several people in Blue Jeans!

I got news people, Jesus did not go to the golden palace and pick the best law abiding ones that were in the churches.

No…

He went straight to the streets, to the boat dock and got the roughest people he could find….on purpose. He went to the ones that needed him.

The sick are the ones in need of us, the well don't need to be healed of anything.

We are too judgemental. Thats the bottom line.

Our so called stand against sin is really a ploy to JUDGE people.

Of course sin is wrong. You know sind is wrong, I know its wrong, and guess what….? They know its wrong too.

We have a built in mechanism inside us to let us know when we are doing something wrong.

And it is to my belief that LOVE, the LOVE that JESUS has, conquers all sin.

Darkness can not occupy the same space that Light does. The light wins every time. Jesus is the way the truth and the light. And, the greatest of all gifts that one can have it LOVE.

LOVE wins Battles.

NickHassan
    Participant

Hi Samual,
    There is no condemnation for those who are in Christ Jesus.
    So enough of the doubt and  self condemnation.
    You are seated with Christ in the heavenlies.

Rejoice. Again I say rejoice. The angels are now your name is written in heaven.

KangarooJack
    Participant

Quote (Nick Hassan @ Feb. 07 2009,07:05)
    Hi Samual,

Rejoice. Again I say rejoice. The angels are now your name is written in heaven.

Nick,
    You should have added baptism. For today on the “Faith alone” thread you suggested that if one is not baptized he is not “appropriately attired” to attend the wedding feast. You must be honest with Samuel and tell him that “there is therefore now no condemnation IF….”

thinker

GeneBalthrop
    Participant

Samuel………..I think you may be better off then you think Brother. I have felt the same way many times in my life also. I do at times get caught to much is some of these debates myself. Something i need to work on.

love and peace to you and yours………………………..gene

NickHassan
    Participant

Quote (thethinker @ Feb. 07 2009,10:54)

Quote (Nick Hassan @ Feb. 07 2009,07:05)
    Hi Samual,

Nick,
    You should have added baptism. For today on the “Faith alone” thread you suggested that if one is not baptized he is not “appropriately attired” to attend the wedding feast. You must be honest with Samuel and tell him that “there is therefore now no condemnation IF….”

thinker

Hi TT,
    No I wrote what is true.

Romans 6:3
    Know ye not, that so many of us as were baptized into Jesus Christ were baptized into his death?

Galatians 3:27
    For as many of you as have been baptized into Christ have put on Christ.

That is how.

KangarooJack
    Participant

Gene said:

Samuel………..I think you may be better off then you think Brother. I have felt the same way many times in my life also. I do at times get caught to much is some of these debates myself. Something i need to work on.

The more we loathe ourselves because of the sinners we are the better off we are. The more we think we got it all together is when we are in real danger.

thinker

NickHassan
    Participant

Hi TT,
    Self loathing?
    How can the saved condemn themselves?

But we are poor servants.
    Lk18
    8And will not rather say unto him, Make ready wherewith I may sup, and gird thyself, and serve me, till I have eaten and drunken; and afterward thou shalt eat and drink?

9Doth he thank that servant because he did the things that were commanded him? I trow not.

10So likewise ye, when ye shall have done all those things which are commanded you, say, We are unprofitable servants: we have done that which was our duty to do.

KangarooJack
    Participant

942767 posted:

Hi MK:

Jesus is the person who has the role of baptizing someone with the Holy Ghost.

The commission to the Apostles was to baptize in water.  Just as they obeyed the commission throughout the Acts of the Apsostles.

Exactly! Since the commission to baptize was to the APOSTLES and they're all dead now, then baptism died with them. For Jesus did not give the authority to baptize to everyone.

thinker

NickHassan
    Participant

Hi TT,
    Are they?

1Cor12
    28And God hath set some in the church, first apostles, secondarily prophets, thirdly teachers, after that miracles, then gifts of healings, helps, governments, diversities of tongues.

29Are all apostles? are all prophets? are all teachers? are all workers of miracles?

30Have all the gifts of healing? do all speak with tongues? do all interpret?

31But covet earnestly the best gifts: and yet shew I unto you a more excellent way.

GeneBalthrop
    Participant

Quote (Nick Hassan @ Feb. 07 2009,12:58)
    Hi TT,
    Self loathing?
    How can the saved condemn themselves?

But we are poor servants.
    Lk18
    8And will not rather say unto him, Make ready wherewith I may sup, and gird thyself, and serve me, till I have eaten and drunken; and afterward thou shalt eat and drink?

9Doth he thank that servant because he did the things that were commanded him? I trow not.

10So likewise ye, when ye shall have done all those things which are commanded you, say, We are unprofitable servants: we have done that which was our duty to do.

Nick….you ask how can the saved condemn (judge) themselves, “for these loved (NOT) their lives unto death”.

And those who think they are already saved have the mindset of the Pharisee who said i thank God i am not like these sinners. I do this and i do that, but the sinner simply smote his chest and said GOD be merciful to me the sinner. Who went down more justified the Sinner of the Pharisee? Nick we must understand the wretchedness still in us brother, as Paul said. And if you do we will not condemn another. But always remember the log jam in our own eye.

love and peace to you and yours……………..gene

NickHassan
    Participant

GB,
    Scripture challenges all.
    It does show the way of salvation and condemns those who refuse it.

Jn3
    15That whosoever believeth in him should not perish, but have eternal life.

16For God so loved the world, that he gave his only begotten Son, that whosoever believeth in him should not perish, but have everlasting life.

17For God sent not his Son into the world to condemn the world; but that the world through him might be saved.

18He that believeth on him is not condemned: but he that believeth not is condemned already, because he hath not believed in the name of the only begotten Son of God.

19And this is the condemnation, that light is come into the world, and men loved darkness rather than light, because their deeds were evil.

20For every one that doeth evil hateth the light, neither cometh to the light, lest his deeds should be reproved.

These are the Lord's words so do not shoot the messengers who reveal them.

Viewing 20 posts - 1,741 through 1,760 (of 4,344 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

© 1999 - 2024 Heaven Net

Navigation

© 1999 - 2023 - Heaven Net
or

or    

Forgot your details?

or

Create Account