Is baptism needed for salvation?

Viewing 20 posts - 1,241 through 1,260 (of 4,344 total)
  • Author
    charity
    Participant

Quote (Nick Hassan @ Sep. 21 2008,17:59)
    Hi charity,
    Where are men in full control?

o there god given free will is control and power Nick.

GeneBalthrop
    Participant

Quote (Nick Hassan @ Sep. 21 2008,16:45)
    Hi charity,
    We are to follow Jesus into his death and resurrection.
    Praise God water baptism is sufficient for the righteousness of God.
    Scourging, the crown of thorns, the spittle and the nails do not appeal.

Jonas dies, sees Hades but does not abide and is raised to life in three days.

Nick….you could not be further from the truth, water baptism means nothing. It's the baptism of the Spirit that Causes us to die with Christ and if you do not know that , then i doubt you are converted all. Your seeing with Carnal eyes not spiritual one. The baptism that Jesus had is the baptism that puts us to death with him, and enables us to do what he did, the baptism of John has nothing to do with it. It is the same spirit Jesus was baptized with that works in us to put our flesh to death by denying the lust in it.

All of this death process should be taking place (NOW) not after we resurrected. IF YOU HAVE DIED WITH CHRIST YOU SHALL ALSO LIVE WITH HIM, FOR WE HAVE (BURIED) WITH HIM BY THE BAPTISM OF THE SPIRIT, THE SAME SPIRIT THAT BURIED CHRIST. It has nothing to do with water AT ALL.

REREAD WHAT I QUOTED AND THINK ABOUT IT.

GeneBalthrop
    Participant

Quote (Nick Hassan @ Sep. 21 2008,16:45)
    Hi charity,
    We are to follow Jesus into his death and resurrection.
    Praise God water baptism is sufficient for the righteousness of God.
    Scourging, the crown of thorns, the spittle and the nails do not appeal.

Jonas dies, sees Hades but does not abide and is raised to life in three days.

Nick….you could not be further from the truth, water baptism means nothing. It's the baptism of the Spirit that Causes us to die with Christ and if you do not know that , then i doubt you are converted all. Your seeing with Carnal eyes not spiritual one. The baptism that Jesus had is the baptism that puts us to death with him, and enables us to do what he did, the baptism of John has nothing to do with it. It is the same spirit Jesus was baptized with that works in us to put our flesh to death by denying the lust in it.

All of this death process should be taking place (NOW) not after we resurrected. IF YOU HAVE DIED WITH CHRIST YOU SHALL ALSO LIVE WITH HIM, FOR WE HAVE (BURIED) WITH HIM BY THE BAPTISM OF THE SPIRIT, THE SAME SPIRIT THAT BURIED CHRIST. It has nothing to do with water AT ALL.

REREAD WHAT I QUOTED AND THINK ABOUT IT.

NickHassan
    Participant

GB,
    Interesting.
    You say
    “It's the baptism of the Spirit that Causes us to die with Christ and if you do not know that , “

So where is this written?

” IF YOU HAVE DIED WITH CHRIST YOU SHALL ALSO LIVE WITH HIM, FOR WE HAVE (BURIED) WITH HIM BY THE BAPTISM OF THE SPIRIT, “

Seems to be an adapted form of the original.
    You should not add to scripture.

NickHassan
    Participant

GB,
    Interesting.
    You say
    “It's the baptism of the Spirit that Causes us to die with Christ and if you do not know that , “

So where is this written?

” IF YOU HAVE DIED WITH CHRIST YOU SHALL ALSO LIVE WITH HIM, FOR WE HAVE (BURIED) WITH HIM BY THE BAPTISM OF THE SPIRIT, “

Seems to be an adapted form of the original.
    You should not add to scripture.

charity
    Participant

Gene the seed within…is that which is raised from the dead,

we have drifted so far from the original theme, that is..it is almost  likened to convincing someone that red was once named blue,

Jesus is the seed of David…a child that stands in his stead, that's what they are rising each person.Ecc 4:15I considered all the living which walk under the sun, with the second child that shall stand up in his stead.

what I think that some where doing 2000 yrs ago…. was, they were trying to  rise up the kingdom, by baptizing, forcing it to happen, yet the savor is killed, also many are killed, Hsa 3:5  Afterward shall the children of Israel return, and seek the LORD their God, and David their king; and shall fear the LORD and his goodness in the latter days.

Hsa.. what proceeds to be first step of Israels returned to god and the KINGDOM on earth reestablished,
    is adultery,  hosa  begins and explains with two men and one woman….Love (we may consider Mary here?) yet a virgin, Joseph is not the father of Jesus?
    Hsa 3:1¶Then said the LORD unto me, Go yet, love a woman beloved of [her] friend, yet an adulteress, according to the love of the LORD toward the children of Israel, who look to other gods, and love flagons of wine.So I bought her to me for fifteen [pieces] of silver, and [for] an homer of barley, and an half homer of barley:And I said unto her, Thou shalt abide for me many days; thou shalt not play the harlot, and thou shalt not be for [another] man: so [will] I also [be] for thee.For the children of Israel shall abide many days without a king, and without a prince, and without a sacrifice, and without an image, and without an ephod, and [without] teraphim:Afterward shall the children of Israel return, and seek the LORD their God, and David their king; and shall fear the LORD and his goodness in the latter days.

so what has baptism got to do with go now and rise the dead?
    and why are they doing wrong if they don't even believe the dead don't rise at all.

charity
    Participant

Gene the seed within…is that which is raised from the dead,

we have drifted so far from the original theme, that is..it is almost  likened to convincing someone that red was once named blue,

Jesus is the seed of David…a child that stands in his stead, that's what they are rising each person.Ecc 4:15I considered all the living which walk under the sun, with the second child that shall stand up in his stead.

what I think that some where doing 2000 yrs ago…. was, they were trying to  rise up the kingdom, by baptizing, forcing it to happen, yet the savor is killed, also many are killed, Hsa 3:5  Afterward shall the children of Israel return, and seek the LORD their God, and David their king; and shall fear the LORD and his goodness in the latter days.

Hsa.. what proceeds to be first step of Israels returned to god and the KINGDOM on earth reestablished,
    is adultery,  hosa  begins and explains with two men and one woman….Love (we may consider Mary here?) yet a virgin, Joseph is not the father of Jesus?
    Hsa 3:1¶Then said the LORD unto me, Go yet, love a woman beloved of [her] friend, yet an adulteress, according to the love of the LORD toward the children of Israel, who look to other gods, and love flagons of wine.So I bought her to me for fifteen [pieces] of silver, and [for] an homer of barley, and an half homer of barley:And I said unto her, Thou shalt abide for me many days; thou shalt not play the harlot, and thou shalt not be for [another] man: so [will] I also [be] for thee.For the children of Israel shall abide many days without a king, and without a prince, and without a sacrifice, and without an image, and without an ephod, and [without] teraphim:Afterward shall the children of Israel return, and seek the LORD their God, and David their king; and shall fear the LORD and his goodness in the latter days.

so what has baptism got to do with go now and rise the dead?
    and why are they doing wrong if they don't even believe the dead don't rise at all.

NickHassan
    Participant

Hi charity,
    The seed unto everlasting life, the Spirit of Christ, is not naturally within man.
    You must be reborn from above.

NickHassan
    Participant

Hi charity,
    The seed unto everlasting life, the Spirit of Christ, is not naturally within man.

charity
    Participant

Quote (Nick Hassan @ Sep. 22 2008,08:39)
    Hi charity,

thanks John, and!
    not interested in mouse flavored cat food

charity
    Participant

Quote (Nick Hassan @ Sep. 22 2008,08:39)
    Hi charity,

thanks John, and!
    not interested in mouse flavored cat food

NickHassan
    Participant

Hi charity,
    What about this food?
    John 6:27
    “Do not work for the food which perishes, but for the food which endures to eternal life, which the Son of Man will give to you, for on Him the Father, God, has set His seal.”

NickHassan
    Participant

Hi charity,
    What about this food?
    “Do not work for the food which perishes, but for the food which endures to eternal life, which the Son of Man will give to you, for on Him the Father, God, has set His seal.”

charity
    Participant

Quote (Nick Hassan @ Sep. 22 2008,08:48)
    Hi charity,
    What about this food?

Nick you keep Johns words for you are his seed.
    standing in his stead.

charity
    Participant

Quote (Nick Hassan @ Sep. 22 2008,08:48)
    Hi charity,
    What about this food?

Nick you keep Johns words for you are his seed.
    standing in his stead.

NickHassan
    Participant

Hi charity ,
    John was of the seed of the Master and I am blessed by your appraisal.

NickHassan
    Participant

Hi charity ,

charity
    Participant

Quote (Nick Hassan @ Sep. 22 2008,10:12)
    Hi charity ,

A gran of a  gran of mustard seed

A seedI n which A MAN *took* and planted in his own field, yet a woman hid an ingredient until time raised the past.

Mat 13:31¶Another parable put he forth unto them, saying, The kingdom of heaven is like to a grain of mustard seed, which a man took, and sowed in his field:

Mat 13:32Which indeed is the least of all seeds: but when it is grown, it is the greatest among herbs, and becometh a tree, so that the birds of the air come and lodge in the branches thereof.

Mat 13:33¶Another parable spake he unto them; The kingdom of heaven is like unto leaven, which a woman took, and hid in three measures of meal, till the whole was leavened.

charity
    Participant

Quote (Nick Hassan @ Sep. 22 2008,10:12)
    Hi charity ,

A gran of a  gran of mustard seed

A seedI n which A MAN *took* and planted in his own field, yet a woman hid an ingredient until time raised the past.

Mat 13:31¶Another parable put he forth unto them, saying, The kingdom of heaven is like to a grain of mustard seed, which a man took, and sowed in his field:

Mat 13:32Which indeed is the least of all seeds: but when it is grown, it is the greatest among herbs, and becometh a tree, so that the birds of the air come and lodge in the branches thereof.

Mat 13:33¶Another parable spake he unto them; The kingdom of heaven is like unto leaven, which a woman took, and hid in three measures of meal, till the whole was leavened.

NickHassan
    Participant

Hi charity,
    great

Viewing 20 posts - 1,241 through 1,260 (of 4,344 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

© 1999 - 2024 Heaven Net

Navigation

© 1999 - 2023 - Heaven Net
or

or    

Forgot your details?

or

Create Account