Is baptism needed for salvation?

Viewing 20 posts - 1,201 through 1,220 (of 4,344 total)
  • Author
    NickHassan
    Participant

Quote (Gene Balthrop @ Sep. 19 2008,15:16)
    To All…… Rom 6:4…>Therefore we are (BURIED) with him (BY) baptism into DEATH: that like as Christ was raised up from the dead by the glory of the Father; even so we also should walk in newness of life.

Col 2:12 …> BURIED with him in baptism, wherein also ye are risen (past tense) with him through the Faith if the operation of GOD who hath raised him from the dead.

Question, exactly what does it mean to be buried with him in baptism.  is buried with him symbolic or is it real. and if it is real in what way is it real. Can anyone explain this to us. I have an opinion but i will wait to see what everyone says.

love and peace to all………………gene

GB,
    If you are not buried with him you are not yet one with him.
    If you are not sharing his Spirit you have not part in him.
    Is anything more real?

Tiffany
    Participant

Gen When we except Jesus as our personal Savior and we believe that He came in the flesh and died for us, we are saved. We are under Jesus Blood. The next step however is to get Baptized and receive God's Holy Spirit. Without God's Holy Spirit we do not understand the things of God. Being baptized according to Scripture is being submerged completely under water. The Minister put his hands on us and we received the Holy Spirit. In name of the Father and the Son and the Holy Spirit we get Baptized.
    I do not know what exactly Nick is talking about. For me it was a great experience, because the Holy Spirit in me, made Himself known to me, the very next day, when I was using bad words. And it went on from then on, all I have to do is ask God to show me my faults, and bingo.

Peace and Love Irene

Tiffany
    Participant

Gen When we except Jesus as our personal Savior and we believe that He came in the flesh and died for us, we are saved. We are under Jesus Blood. The next step however is to get Baptized and receive God's Holy Spirit. Without God's Holy Spirit we do not understand the things of God. Being baptized according to Scripture is being submerged completely under water. The Minister put his hands on us and we received the Holy Spirit. In name of the Father and the Son and the Holy Spirit we get Baptized.
    I do not know what exactly Nick is talking about. For me it was a great experience, because the Holy Spirit in me, made Himself known to me, the very next day, when I was using bad words. And it went on from then on, all I have to do is ask God to show me my faults, and bingo.

Peace and Love Irene

NickHassan
    Participant

Hi Irene,
    Where does scripture say accepting Jesus saves men?

NickHassan
    Participant

Hi Irene,

GeneBalthrop
    Participant

Nick and Tiffany….please review the question and be specific to it (HOW) ARE (WE BURIED WITH) JESUS , thats the question Here> In what way are we?

peace………..gene

GeneBalthrop
    Participant

Nick and Tiffany….please review the question and be specific to it (HOW) ARE (WE BURIED WITH) JESUS , thats the question Here> In what way are we?

peace………..gene

GeneBalthrop
    Participant

To ALL…> would like other to give their opinions also. This subject is so important to understand it will enlighten ALL if truly understood. IMO.

love to you all………..gene

GeneBalthrop
    Participant

To ALL…> would like other to give their opinions also. This subject is so important to understand it will enlighten ALL if truly understood. IMO.

love to you all………..gene

charity
    Participant

Quote (Gene Balthrop @ Sep. 21 2008,08:13)

peace………..gene

REDEEMED FROM THE DUST

FOR IF THE DEAD DON'T RISE, WHY ARE THEY BAPTISING, AND THE FATHERS ARE PERISHED AND LOST, WE ARE TALKING Literally DEAD fathers, or  NEITHER HAS HE CHRIST RISEN? RIDDLE?…2 CORINTHIANS

charity
    Participant

peace………..gene

REDEEMED FROM THE DUST

FOR IF THE DEAD DON'T RISE, WHY ARE THEY BAPTISING, AND THE FATHERS ARE PERISHED AND LOST, WE ARE TALKING Literally DEAD fathers, or  NEITHER HAS HE CHRIST RISEN? RIDDLE?…2 CORINTHIANS

charity
    Participant

reminding you of the regenerations, and the transitions between the the generations of the fathers into the generators of the children, Jesus being a child, that of Davids first seed child in the children generations.

Moses has a seed? standing in his Name…for his house

charity
    Participant

reminding you of the regenerations, and the transitions between the the generations of the fathers into the generators of the children, Jesus being a child, that of Davids first seed child in the children generations.

Moses has a seed? standing in his Name…for his house

Tiffany
    Participant

peace………..gene

Gen I answered that. By Baptism. And believing in Jesus Christ our Lord. By Grace you are saved and not of yourself, it is a free gift from God. So nobody can boast.
    Romans 6:23
    Ephesians 2:8
    Peace and Love Irene

Tiffany
    Participant

peace………..gene

Gen I answered that. By Baptism. And believing in Jesus Christ our Lord. By Grace you are saved and not of yourself, it is a free gift from God. So nobody can boast.
    Romans 6:23
    Ephesians 2:8
    Peace and Love Irene

Tiffany
    Participant

Quote (Nick Hassan @ Sep. 21 2008,07:35)
    Hi Irene,

What are you talking about?

Tiffany
    Participant

Quote (Nick Hassan @ Sep. 21 2008,07:35)
    Hi Irene,

What are you talking about?

NickHassan
    Participant

Hi Irene,
    To clarify fo others ACCEPTING JESUS as LORD is a popular idea as a way of salvation
    but it is not written.

NickHassan
    Participant

Hi Irene,
    To clarify fo others ACCEPTING JESUS as LORD is a popular idea as a way of salvation
    but it is not written.

Tiffany
    Participant

Quote (Nick Hassan @ Sep. 21 2008,11:53)
    Hi Irene,
    but it is not written.

Nick When you write LORD it speaks of the Almighty LORd who is our heavenly Father. Not Jesus. Did I ever say that only through Jesus Christ we are saved or did I say by having Faith in Jesus Christ it is a free gift from God. Don't you believe those scriptures that I gave as prove? To understand what is of God however we should be Baptized and receive the Joly Spirit.
    Ephesians  2:8
    Irene

Viewing 20 posts - 1,201 through 1,220 (of 4,344 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

© 1999 - 2024 Heaven Net

Navigation

© 1999 - 2023 - Heaven Net
or

or    

Forgot your details?

or

Create Account