Is baptism needed for salvation?

Viewing 20 posts - 1,141 through 1,160 (of 4,344 total)
  • Author
    NickHassan
    Participant

Hi GM,
    Your openmindedness is refreshing.
    You could be very useful in the service of our God.
    Keep feeding on scripture and God will build your awareness of the traps of false doctrine.[Pr 8.13]

gollamudi
    Participant

Thanks brother, but be patient with our brother Gene, he is a senior brother and God has kept many things in him let us encourage him also.
    Blessings
    Adam

NickHassan
    Participant

Hi GB,
    I would love to be able to build with him but we must find a mutual base of truth.

gollamudi
    Participant

I think you must have meant it for me. Isn't it?

GeneBalthrop
    Participant

Adam…..the spirit does give you the ability to spot the snakes those are the ones you need to watch out for. They want to appear like they know what they are talking abut, but in truth are lairs and deceivers. They appear to quote know scripture but in fact have no depth of Spiritual understanding in them. I have told you before will tell you again beware of them, continue to pray and trust God He will show you the right way. Don't believe me or any one here but try everything by the Spirit i (Know) God Has given you . You have no need of a man to teach you anything because the Spirit lets you understand and you know the sound of the Spirit, I am sure of that.

Love to you and your family, give them a hug for me…………gene

NickHassan
    Participant

Hi GB,
    Who are these people with the great depth of Spiritual understanding?
    If you mean yourself why do you not abide in the Word?

GeneBalthrop
    Participant

Nick…I was not addressing you , but the way i see it if anyone is not abiding in the word with understanding it would be you. I know you like to present yourself as if you are but it is oblivious to me and others your not, the only one that can't see that seems to be you.

If you don't believe God gives understand to his elect then thats just another then you don't or should i say cant see.

gollamudi
    Participant

Quote (Gene Balthrop @ July 09 2008,03:40)
    Adam…..the spirit does give you the ability to spot the snakes those are the ones you need to watch out for. They want to appear like they know what they are talking abut, but in truth are lairs and deceivers. They appear to quote know scripture but in fact have no depth of Spiritual understanding in them. I have told you before will tell you again beware of them, continue to pray and trust God He will show you the right way. Don't believe me or any one here but try everything  by the Spirit i (Know) God Has given you . You have no need of a man to teach you anything because the Spirit lets you understand and you know the sound of the Spirit, I am sure of that.

Hi brother Gene, thanks again for your kind words to me. I know our God the Father is in full control of lives through His Spirit. So no harm can be done by any false preacher or false spirit because the the one who is in us is greater than the one who is in the world.
    Thanks and peace to you
    Adam

NickHassan
    Participant

Hi GB,
    So it is not you who has all knowledge?
    It has not been revealed and you tried to pick for yourself a meaning for baptism.

GeneBalthrop
    Participant

Nick…..again you lie, when did i ever say i had all knowledge? Baptism has been revealed to me by scripture, it's you who can read scripture and get the meaning not me. I understand it fine.

Please show us were i said i have all Knowledge let's be specific and let everyone see what a big lier you really are. My words to you are you are a false accuser, and do the works of your father the devil, for he was a lier from the beginning and abode not in the truth because the true was not IN HIM> So put your word where you mouth is show us.
    were waiting. you made the statement now prove it .

NickHassan
    Participant

Quote (Gene Balthrop @ July 09 2008,03:40)
    Adam…..the spirit does give you the ability to spot the snakes those are the ones you need to watch out for. They want to appear like they know what they are talking abut, but in truth are lairs and deceivers. They appear to quote know scripture but in fact have no depth of Spiritual understanding in them. I have told you before will tell you again beware of them, continue to pray and trust God He will show you the right way. Don't believe me or any one here but try everything  by the Spirit i (Know) God Has given you . You have no need of a man to teach you anything because the Spirit lets you understand and you know the sound of the Spirit, I am sure of that.

Hi GB,
    So someone must have the deep understanding you speak of.
    If it is not you then who? If it is you why would you boast?

Baptism is just baptism unless scripture tells you differently.

GeneBalthrop
    Participant

Nick…..your getting dumber by the day, Scripture does tell us there are different types of baptisms, but the one that really counts is the baptism of the spirit. if you so stupid you don't know that then there is no point of discussion this with you. you have been give all kinds of scripture and proof no point of rehashing it again.

NickHassan
    Participant

Hi GB,
    Where does scripture say the one that counts is that of the Spirit?

NickHassan
    Participant

Hi GB,
    The closest you could find is in Rom8 but the point is God does not ask us to make a choice.
    That was never the point of the scripture in Ephesians.
    The point was unity.

Baptism is an important symbol that you are saved through Jesus Christ the master redeemer. It is by no means required but is still important. The classical way of baptism and by the roots of the word baptism, it should be done by immersion and in front of your church and be baptized by an already baptized person. It is not required for salvation though.

gollamudi
    Participant

Quote (Theologian-and-Apologist @ July 14 2008,12:37)
    Baptism is an important symbol that you are saved through Jesus Christ the master redeemer. It is by no means required but is still important. The classical way of baptism and by the roots of the word baptism, it should be done by immersion and in front of your church and be baptized by an already baptized person. It is not required for salvation though.

Amen to that post, I agree with you brother.

GeneBalthrop
    Participant

Tand A….> i agree with you, but there is a baptism that does save, it's the baptism of the Spirit and that baptism does indeed save.

peace to you and yours………..gene

NickHassan
    Participant

Hi GB,
    Is this written?
    You should not teach what is not written.

GeneBalthrop
    Participant

Nick…..Yes it is written anyone with the Spirit of truth in them could easily see it, some have eyes to see and ears to hear other don't. Your welcome to believe its water baptism that save you all you want, I believe it the Baptism of Christ that saves Us. Believe what ever you want it a free Internet.

NickHassan
    Participant

Hi GB,
    Once again you answer by claiming greater spiritual abilities. Should you?
    The washing by the blood, or the Word, of the lamb is what makes us clean and the Spirit equips and uses us.

Viewing 20 posts - 1,141 through 1,160 (of 4,344 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

© 1999 - 2024 Heaven Net

Navigation

© 1999 - 2023 - Heaven Net
or

or    

Forgot your details?

or

Create Account